• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Francis Albert

• Hearts007

• Top Corner

Yip, winter break (with glorious sun and decent weather) over, ice and Baltic temps in abundance ?. Anyhow, hope for a couple of goals to keep momentum going - would love big V to get a goal 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-callumn-morrison-i-m-staying-behind-at-training-to-improve-crossing-1-4860547

Callum Morrison, so young that he’s still in the reserve changing room and cleaning first team players out boots and he just finished his loan spell at Stirling Albion 12 months ago. Great attitude demonstrated in that article, can’t wait for him to get his first goal.

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-callumn-morrison-i-m-staying-behind-at-training-to-improve-crossing-1-4860547

Callum Morrison, so young that he’s still in the reserve changing room and cleaning first team players out boots and he just finished his loan spell at Stirling Albion 12 months ago. Great attitude demonstrated in that article, can’t wait for him to get his first goal.

His crossing isn’t the problem.  Making the decision to cross in the first place rather than trying to beat the same player and the  corner flag three times is the problem.  Doesn’t need extra training, needs extra coaching/mentoring.  Quite scary how good this kid could be.

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

His crossing isn’t the problem.  Making the decision to cross in the first place rather than trying to beat the same player and the  corner flag three times is the problem.  Doesn’t need extra training, needs extra coaching/mentoring.  Quite scary how good this kid could be.

Totally agree with this one.  On Sunday, he left a Livi defender on his arse, then cut outside even though he had a clear shot t goal.  Bad decision but he's young and this kind of thing will come with age and experience.

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Agree to disagree on that point. Every player should be striving to improve all the time. He highlighted his own overhit crosses on Sunday and I agree with him. Morrison’s end product (crossing, shooting and decision making) is the part of his game that needs the most work just now. I agree that get can go on to be a very very good player.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

There are no easy games in this league and if we go out there tomorrow with the same attitude as you then we will have problems.

They have signed a new goalkeeper who played well on Saturday and are fighting for survival and McIntyre is a decent Manager and will have then fired up for this and Kenny Miller was at out game on Sunday so will have first hand knowledge on how we played and where we have weaknesses.

I would be happy with a similar result as the one against Livi although would be delighted if we put on a performance and win be a few.

Sama attitude as me? 

Confident and professional, hope they do ??

They're shite. 

We're back. 

3-0 

Naismith missing out is a big blow because without his creativity and running, it usually means we shell long balls up to the strikers. 

Dundee will come and pack their defence and midfield (a bit like Livi), so we're going to have to work really hard for our openings.

It could be a night for Mitchell to come in as a winger. 

1-0

10 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

The rest will hopefully get McLean his oomph back, but young Keena for backup in case he still the same as when he last played

The difference is McLean will be playing off a main striker........instead of having to be that main striker.

50 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Another tough dull encounter against a bunch of cloggers.

Will be happy with a 1-0 win.

Take it you didn’t attend the last game at Dens Park (0-3)?

We_are_the_Hearts
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The facts are we struggle without Naismith. Any win will do

With Naismith and Haring both out I think we really need to focus on our wide play. Would be happy to see crosses coming in from both sides so I think a winger on each side would help

Doyle

Smith

Dikamona 

Berra

Garuccio 

Morrison

Djoum

Shaughnessy 

Mitchell 

Vanecek 

Clare

Edited by BigAlim

46 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The facts are we struggle without Naismith. Any win will do

We've yet to play a game without Naismith since the arrival of Vanacek, he could negate the loss of Naismith. Clare could also kick on after Sunday and put in his best performance to date. Hearts have won hundreds of games in our history without Steven Naismith and we will win plenty more games after he leaves. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

With Naismith and Haring both out I think we really need to focus on our wide play. Would be happy to see crosses coming in from both sides so I think a winger on each side would help

Doyle

Smith

Dikamona 

Berra

Garuccio 

Morrison

Djoum

Shaughnessy 

Mitchell 

Vanecek 

Clare

McLean starting 

Hampden Demolition

Doyle

Smith    Shaughnessy  Berra  Garuccio

Djoum

Morrison       Lee

Clare

Vanecek  MacLean

Subs;

Zlamal

Souttar

Mitchell

Bozanic

Mulraney

Keena

Dikamona/Cochrane

We_are_the_Hearts
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've yet to play a game without Naismith since the arrival of Vanacek, he could negate the loss of Naismith. Clare could also kick on after Sunday and put in his best performance to date. Hearts have won hundreds of games in our history without Steven Naismith and we will win plenty more games after he leaves. 

Hope you are right mate. I just feel he is so crucial to most things we do

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

vanecek 2-0 scorecast

Was literally about to post that. I've had a few main striker 2-0 Scorecasts up over the years. Incredibly managed a John Sutton / 2-0 Hearts v St Johnstone! Favourite was Craig Beattie / 2-0 Hearts against the wee team, last minute goal to bring it home.

My team for tonight would be

Doyle

Shaunnessy Smith    Berra

Morrison      Lee     Bozanic      Djoum

Mclean   Clare

Vanacek 

Subs: Zlamal, Souttar, Dikamona, Garuccio, Cochrane, Mulraney, Keena

Allows Clare to go left and make a midfield 5 and for Keena to replace McLean later in the game to push 2 up with Clare behind

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's correct.

Hampden Demolition
22 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

any streams for us tonight people? I know its on Hearts TV anyone got a site that streams us?

I watched the 0-0 Livi game on livesoccertv.com while in New Orleans. Had to refresh a couple of times but on the whole, worked well.

I think the feel good factor is back in the dressing room, players are confident, I think we’ll give Dundee a doin’ tonight. Hearts over 2.5 goals. 

The Goalscoring Knee

Be quite happy with anything-0 for this one, I think. Berra header (assuming we can actually manage to get our corners/crosses past the first man).

The Apprentice

Jim McIntyre will still be trying to move players in and out before the end of the month, they have O'Dea, Meekings and Andrew Davies all unavailable and Kamara has his heart set on moving to Ibrox in the window.  With that in mind I'd and being at home I can't see anything other than 3 points for us.

If someone can empty Paul McGowan in the process that would lovely!

5 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Jim McIntyre will still be trying to move players in and out before the end of the month, they have O'Dea, Meekings and Andrew Davies all unavailable and Kamara has his heart set on moving to Ibrox in the window.  With that in mind I'd and being at home I can't see anything other than 3 points for us.

If someone can empty Paul McGowan in the process that would lovely!

Is McGowan allowed out at night?

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is McGowan allowed out at night?

Unfortunately yes, his tag was only for 2 months and he only had to be home at night after 7pm on a Fri/Sat/Sun 

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Unfortunately yes, his tag was only for 2 months and he only had to be home at night after 7pm on a Fri/Sat/Sun 

Oh well we can always hope he gets red carded. 

4 hours ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Can't wait to verbally abuse Paul McGowan for 90 mins :jjyay: 

that reminds me of a poster who used to love playing ICT so he could inform ross tokely what he though of him

McLean only plays well with Naisy so why are folk suggesting he replace him?

Bozanic in please. Impressed coming on at the weekend and deserves a start.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

McLean isn't starting.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

McLean struggles as a lone striker who is expected to retrieve long balls shelled at him. He will do fine with a decent partner.

NaturalOrder74

Looking forward to a night time game excited for this, good chance to make a statement of intent for the rest of the season. Fantastic chance for Vanecek to get a couple to his name 

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

McLean has played with Naismith for about 4 months of a 17 year career, i'm sure he'll adapt to a different partner (as opposed to playing with no partner).