***Heart of Midlothian v Dundee - Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Loves him? Caps for NI ffs they’re one of the worst teams going around, Burns is in their squad and hes played 10 minutes for us. Sammon has 9 caps for a better Irish team, what does that show ??‍♂️? He said it was great playing beside Berra and Dikamona because they win the headers which isn’t his strong point. The thread was equally about how pour his throw is and how nothing is achieved from it. They struggle to get to the 6 yard line I’m afraid and the goalie rarely needs to deal with it. He didn’t do it on Sunday as Livis back line is huge.

You used the "loves" terminology - I was responding to that.

The thread was not about how poor his throws were - it was the actual tactic that was being criticised as we got nothing from them.

Where exactly did he say headers were not his strong point - I must have missed that.

Bottom line he is a strong dependable member of our team who rarely let's us down.

He is rated by CL and the NI Manager, and many Hearts fans on here - you're entitled to your opinion - my opinion is your opinion is shite! :wink:

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Francis Albert

• Hearts007

• Top Corner

Need a right back. The only stat worse than shots on target is his no. of tackles!! People regularly get past him or get the ball past. Reads the game well. Better as a sweeper.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You used the "loves" terminology - I was responding to that.

The thread was not about how poor his throws were - it was the actual tactic that was being criticised as we got nothing from them.

Where exactly did he say headers were not his strong point - I must have missed that.

Bottom line he is a strong dependable member of our team who rarely let's us down.

He is rated by CL and the NI Manager, and many Hearts fans on here - you're entitled to your opinion - my opinion is your opinion is shite! :wink:

Yes we get nothing from the throes because they’re crap and don’t go far enough to cause problems. He was awful at Ibrox, Celtic Park and Murrayfield and has cost us a few other goals this season, any time he’s up against a good winger he’s roasted. That’s not an opinion that’s facts I’m afraid.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bozanic in for Naisy and Djoum further forward should be the only change.

Agree with that.

Throw on McLean or Keena or both in the 2nd half if we get into a sound position in the game

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes we get nothing from the throes because they’re crap and don’t go far enough to cause problems. He was awful at Ibrox, Celtic Park and Murrayfield and has cost us a few other goals this season, any time he’s up against a good winger he’s roasted. That’s not an opinion that’s facts I’m afraid.

Most look crap at Ibrox and Celtic park, due to being away against better teams with better players. It's no mystery.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that Morrison’s end product is, currently, poor but he’s exciting to watch and can beat players. I don’t really see that Mulraney gives us anything better though. 

I'm here. 

Mulraney has shown very little, Morrison has shown glimpses and gets in good positions and puts in good, if inconsistent balls. 

Mulraney, I have little idea, and find it strange folk are cheerleading him, I don't know what they are basing this opinion on. 

Bazzas right boot

**** me. 

Folk giving it tight to Smith. 

This place is a ****ing mental house at times. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Most look crap at Ibrox and Celtic park, due to being away against better teams with better players. It's no mystery.

The others didn’t get ridiculously sent off after 50 minutes at Ibrox, where we played ok actually, and cost us 3 or 4 goals against Celtic in two games with mistakes.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

**** me. 

Folk giving it tight to Smith. 

This place is a ****ing mental house at times. 

List his attributes? 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bozanic in for Naisy and Djoum further forward should be the only change.

Would agree with that.

I would also rest the skipper and give Jambo Soldier a game.

Christophe was seriously struggling on Sunday, give him a rest until St Johnstone.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

List his attributes? 

Use both feet regularly. 

Calm on the ball. 

Confident. 

Good stamina. 

Versatile. 

Good pace. 

Good tackler. 

Good in supporting the foward play. 

Consistent performer. 

A good right back and all round good egg. 

Been one of our best performers this year. 

He's not particularly outstanding in any department, but isn't poor either. A good right back for us.  A good all round player for us. 

Doesn't deserve criticism, and definitely not enough to deflect a whole thread on to him.

Start a Smith thread then you can go to town on him, if that's your thing. 

Very strange In General to criticise a player on a match day thread, but even if one did feel the need to get stuck in about a player I'm bamboozled why such an individual would chose him. 

Good player, glad he's signed an exeetnsion.

Big Craig kens the score. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The others didn’t get ridiculously sent off after 50 minutes at Ibrox, where we played ok actually, and cost us 3 or 4 goals against Celtic in two games with mistakes.

Ok he's shite. Are you happy now?

BTW he's not shite.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Use both feet regularly. 

Calm on the ball. 

Confident. 

Good stamina. 

Versatile. 

Good pace. 

Good tackler. 

Consistent performer. 

He's not particularly outstanding in any department, but isn't poor either. A good right back for us.  A good all round player for us. 

Doesn't deserve criticism, and definitely not enough to deflect a whole thread on to him.

Very strange In General to criticise a player on a match day thread, but even if one did feel the need to get stuck in about a player I'm bamboozled why such an individual would chose him. 

We were actually talking about Morrison and how he doesn’t get great support or passes from  Smith who can’t cross or pass. 

As I said just a 6 out of 10 player. Nothing strange, don’t rate him sorry. Craig’s decisions on players aren’t always right are they?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ok he's shite. Are you happy now?

BTW he's not shite.

No I’m a moany old *****, he’s distinctly average and that’s ok for you guys that’s cool #Neilsonmark2

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were actually talking about Morrison and how he doesn’t get great support or passes from  Smith. 

As I said just a 6 out of 10 player. Nothing strange, don’t rate him sorry.

You can’t have been at many of our games in the first few months of the season. The partnership between those two was one of our strengths up until October. Then Morrison went a little off the boil.

31 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Would agree with that.

I would also rest the skipper and give Jambo Soldier a game.

Christophe was seriously struggling on Sunday, give him a rest until St Johnstone.

Souttar may well replace Berra

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We were actually talking about Morrison and how he doesn’t get great support or passes from  Smith. 

As I said just a 6 out of 10 player. Nothing strange, don’t rate him sorry.

You did just rate him, 6/10 ?

Maybe try to get this thread back on topic...

2-0 Hearts, goals for Clare and Vanecek hopefully give them both a bit of confidence going into St. Johnstone and Killie which will both be difficult games!

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

You can’t have been at many of our games in the first few months of the season. The partnership between those two was one of our strengths up until October. Then Morrison went a little off the boil.

Barely missed one I’m afraid, Morrison has went off the boil for whatever reason. He’s young, teams get to know you, team went off the boil etc.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Maybe try to get this thread back on topic...

2-0 Hearts, goals for Clare and Vanecek hopefully give them both a bit of confidence going into St. Johnstone and Killie which will both be difficult games!

Apologies. I would take 2 nil right now and hopefully Vanacek to get off the mark.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You didn’t, but you still defend him. Can you name anything hea actually a stand out at? If you’ve supported Hearts as long as your name suggests, Jim was my first hero,you will know we’ve had a long line of average right backs.

And you have a very long line of negative posts. You seem to derive zero pleasure from Hearts.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Keena to start.

I reckon McLean will be more like for like.  Think Keena will play a part later on though.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And you have a very long line of negative posts. You seem to derive zero pleasure from Hearts.

My posts are about even in afraid, if you want to focus on the negative ones that’s up to you. 

I started today trying to defend Morrison from negative criticism  by saying he’s not getting much assistance, early balls or decent passes from Smith. Should I just ignore other comments relating to my posts that have taken the thread off topic? 

I take great pleasure from being a Jambo, always have thanks, if I didn’t I wouldn’t want us to succeed and give me even more. I’m not happy to watch average players and hear people bang about how good they are when there’s no proof of it, that leads to putting up with the Neilsons of this world for ten years. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Insightful, pick a hole in it? Tell me what Smith does well?

Lots!!!

Haters will hate!

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My posts are about even in afraid, if you want to focus on the negative ones that’s up to you. 

I started today trying to defend Morrison from negative criticism  by saying he’s not getting much assistance, early balls or decent passes from Smith. Should I just ignore other comments relating to my posts that have taken the thread off topic? 

I take great pleasure from being a Jambo, always have thanks, if I didn’t I wouldn’t want us to succeed and give me even more. I’m not happy to watch average players and hear people bang about how good they are when there’s no proof of it, that leads to putting up with the Neilsons of this world for ten years. 

Your opinion is one thing. Michael Smith is widely recognized as one of our more consistent performers this season so far, perhaps the most consistent. Solid, not spectacular. 

You are in a tiny minority. Vast majority of fans, and CL in particular are very happy with him. Sorry, bud. We are all entitled to our opinions, but be prepared to be challenged when yours is clearly, demonstrably, wrong.

As for ''average players''. We are an ''average club''. Our players will generally be of the average standard. I'm not quite sure what you''re expecting that Michael Smith hasn't given.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Use both feet regularly. 

Calm on the ball. 

Confident. 

Good stamina. 

Versatile. 

Good pace. 

Good tackler. 

Consistent performer. 

His main asset to me anyway is he is a great team member like most of our squad we have a few stand outs and one seriously good blend of a team.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Your opinion is one thing. Michael Smith is widely recognized as one of our more consistent performers this season so far, perhaps the most consistent. Solid, not spectacular. 

You are in a tiny minority. Vast majority of fans, and CL in particular are very happy with him. Sorry, bud. We are all entitled to our opinions, but be prepared to be challenged when yours is clearly, demonstrably, wrong.

As for ''average players''. We are an ''average club''. Our players will generally be of the average standard. I'm not quite sure what you''re expecting that Michael Smith hasn't given.

I’ve already stated it, numerous times. I expect a RB to be able to pass, cross and not get tied in knots at the sight of a decent winger. Just because the majority think something doesn’t make it a fact, thankfully we all have our own opinions. Attitudes like yours is the reason we have average results, we are the third biggest club in this country. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve already stated it, numerous times. I expect a RB to be able to pass, cross and not get tied in knots at the sight of a decent winger. Just because the majority think something doesn’t make it a fact, thankfully we all have our own opinions. Attitudes like yours is the reason we have average results, we are the third biggest club in this country. 

:rofl:

My attitude has zero impact on results. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

You the reason we lost those games before Christmas? And the injuries?

Screenshot_20190122-192952_Google.jpg

So it would appear.

Hopefully not too many changes unless required.

Even players who didn’t have a solid game on Sunday should play to try and fight for form. I’d rather have continuity in selection and let’s see who’s fighting for their place.

A fresher McLean for Naismith would be my preference. I think he’ll play closer to Vanacek whereas Naismith likes to roam. 

Keena in for Naismith. Exactly the type of game you put him into. If you don't have been as well keeping him on loan. Vacenek might compliment him and we know he has a goal in him.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Aye aye. 

2736265_0.jpg

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Possibly. Think I was having the online version of Tourettes earlier, & just typing random things.

First step is admitting it. 

Many others are still to do this! 

?

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Keena in for Naismith. Exactly the type of game you put him into. If you don't have been as well keeping him on loan. Vacenek might compliment him and we know he has a goal in him.

Keena's more of a centre forward though. I doubt he will start but do hope he gets the last 30 to show what he can do as he does seem to have an eye for a goal

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Hilarious how you call me negative and then say Hearts are an average club with players to match . You got yourself out of it well though ??????????????.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Doyle

Smith Shaughnessy Berra Garuccio

Morrison Djoum Lee Clare

MacLean Vanecek

Pretty much what I think we will play. Back 5 picks itself until Souttar is back from injury. Alternatives could be Keena instead of Maclean or Bozanic instead of Maclean but with the caveat that Morrison and Clare are given more license to bomb forward.

2-0 Hearts 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Keena's more of a centre forward though. I doubt he will start but do hope he gets the last 30 to show what he can do as he does seem to have an eye for a goal

It will be good to see him again and see how he’s progressed. I hope theyve got the heating on ??.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

First step is admitting it. 

Many others are still to do this! 

?

:greggy:

I'd happily take another scrappy 1-0.

Three points is all that matters.

Returning players can get a bit closer to full match fitness. New guys can bed in a bit more. Confidence across the team will continue to rise. Onwards and upwards.

Would like to see Keena get a run out, hopefully if all is going well. 3 games unbeaten, playing bottom of the league tomorrow and St Johnstone on Saturday. Certainly a good opportunity to push us up the table and the return of key players. 

MacLean for Naismith should be the only change. If Souttar makes the bench would be nice to get him 15-20 minutes.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

MacLean for Naismith should be the only change. If Souttar makes the bench would be nice to get him 15-20 minutes.

Bozanic in for Naismith for me. With Djoum playing off Vanecek.

41 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We'll hammer this mob. 

They're ****ing shite on a shitey stick. 

There are no easy games in this league and if we go out there tomorrow with the same attitude as you then we will have problems.

They have signed a new goalkeeper who played well on Saturday and are fighting for survival and McIntyre is a decent Manager and will have then fired up for this and Kenny Miller was at out game on Sunday so will have first hand knowledge on how we played and where we have weaknesses.

I would be happy with a similar result as the one against Livi although would be delighted if we put on a performance and win be a few.

They’ve only won 2 games this season. I get there’s no easy games but in reality if we can’t beat this shite at home then it’ll be a disaster. Even without Haring, Naismith, Uche and Soapy.

3 points incoming