***Heart of Midlothian v Dundee - Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

12 minutes ago, Auldreidy1874 said:

Djoum looking more like the player we know he can be was one of the very few positives we can take from a poor display.

As has been said, losing one player shouldn't make the rest pants.

We're already losing ground so need to sort out the mistakes and lack of potency up front or we'll be set adrift for another lacklustre season.

On a positive note, we're still in the cup! ?

Yip, we're still in the cup ?

We're still above h1b5 

h1b5 lost

The 3 points that Dundee got tonight may even be pivotal in h1b5 getting relegated 

But, deary me, what a crappy performance that was this evening. 

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Francis Albert

• Hearts007

• Top Corner

2 hours ago, Robbie1902 said:

Tonight was awful. Worst performance I’ve seen all season. Levein oot. Budge oot. Keep Macphee 

Nah - get rid of Nannie McPhee too

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Been that way for decades mate. You can bet on it.

Indeed it has mate, it's always us! 

Annoying really :(

I was one that didn't care about performance on Sunday. But you will lose more than you win if performance is constantly poor and more than a few players are off the pace. Performance does matter. It will mean more wins.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I was one that didn't care about performance on Sunday. But you will lose more than you win if performance is constantly poor and more than a few players are off the pace. Performance does matter. It will mean more wins.

Yip, but also Dundee are Tom kite. 

Livingston are decent and have a way of playing that many teams have struggled with. 

Dundee are shite, bit outplayed us at home for a whole  half. 

Second half we should have scored at least one. Their second goal was a cock up of the highest order. 

But if you start so slowly and play so lethargicaly you run the risk of the game being turned against you, even against Dundee. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, HeartofHartley said:

Thought you wasted enough time already trumpet boy?

Aw I’m a boy as well now :rofl:

Going by the pattern of your posts on this forum you clearly get off on hiding behind your wee screen trolling other members. Never seen a civil post from you on here yet. What an unbalanced little individual you are, get well soon ?

maroonlegions

Raging again after reading this thread. ?

Play like that on Saturday and we will loose.?

Nae nightclubs on the Friday for the players please Craig.

manaliveits105

I see McIntyre got in we are a big fyzicul team in his after match speel - never let the truth get in the way of the usual weegia rubbish 

I don't understand why teams such as Dundee can come to tynecastle and pass the ball around and with attacking intent. But we get the ball turn backwards and then punt. It's almost like we are coaching them that way. No movement what so ever and when we did pass forward the receiving player is static with a defender up his arse. Surely this can be sorted out in training.

57 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Probably is an age thing mate. When you've seen two league championships lost on the final day, a cup semi lost when leading with two minutes left, and another semi lost to a team with nine men, you tend to be unshockable.

The times when I fretted for days following a disappointing Hearts result are long gone.

Summed up.

From 1 to 11, Dundee (maybe with the exception of AD) were better on the ball and off it. They had a better shape, passed the ball better and moved up the park quicker. Dundee, who before we played them were bottom of the league are better than us.

On Sunday, Livingston were better on the ball and off it. They had a better shape, passed the ball better and moved up the park quicker. Livingston are better than us.

Both these teams will have smaller squads, their players will be on significantly lower wages and they will not have 4/5 first team

coaches. 

This is not something that has just happened, it is 3 years in the making with CL being directly responsible and by association Macphee, Daly, Fox and Budge.  As Gambo quite rightly says, win, lose or draw, we have generally been dreadful to watch and last night we took 'shelling' balls anywhere (particularly Berra) to new heights.   

Edited by bobskeldon