Pat Stanton (loyal hibby) - Scottish Cup woes

Craigieboy

So your father was taking you round dodgy clubs till six in the morning when you were a child?

It gets worse!

No wonder you turned out how you did, and no wonder you hero worship a drunken pervert like Stanton :sad:

You are very very naughty;);)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So your father was taking you round dodgy clubs till six in the morning when you were a child?

It gets worse!

No wonder you turned out how you did, and no wonder you hero worship a drunken pervert like Stanton :sad:

They were first class establishments I?ll have you know & as I was in my late teens, I was old enough to be in them. Not too much boozing though, I done most of the driving.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I've resurrected this thread to make an apology.

I misremembered Stanton's late late equaliser in 1975 as having come from a corner.

A Hibs-supporting friend was more than delighted to show me a DVD replay of the goal, which came from open play. My other memories (school end, cross from the right wing) were right. The DVD was called "You Might As Well Watch 50 Hibs goals against Hearts because We've no Cup Wins to Show You" or something.

I was at the very back of the Gorgie Road end (from where I got a great view of Callachan's goal) and must have nodded off, waking just as the cross came over.

There was also a question about him having been offside. The camera angle shows very clearly that he might have been, but then again maybe not.

Guest Tynie Bubbles

A few years ago I was on a train from where I was staying in Nottingham heading for a 'derby' game at Tynecastle. The engine developed a fault ... ten minutes before kick off it crawled into Berwick upon Tweed and an announcement was made that further delays were to be expected until alternative arrangements could be made.

I legged it down the hill from the station and found a pub showing the game. Pat Stanton was in the bar.

Hearts won (of course) but in spite of some green tinted glasses he obviously viewed the world through, i.e. "There's only one footballing team out on the park today" he was perfectly charming, polite and was only drinking in moderation.

I even had a picture taken with him (I was wearing a Hearts top) because as I told him, "My mates aren't going to believe who I just sat and watched the derby with" neither could I!

Politics weren't mentioned, nobody present was interested in them ... just the football ;)

Bomber Harris

Patrick Gordon Stanton (born 13 September 1944)

Same birthday as me :mad:

and me ;)

The People's Chimp
Also, just because he's in the paying seats at ER doesn't mean he actually pays for it. I'm pretty sure that his son is signed for the vermin (but could at the moment be on loan to Berwick Rangers, or was last season).

At least Ripvanwinkle doesn't dispute his ugliness though...

Cropley is that ugly, when he walks into a bank they turn the cameras off...

He's that ugly, when he went to visit a haunted house he came out with an application form...

He's that ugly, he has to sneak up on his shaving mirror...

He's that ugly, he once threw a boomerang but it refused to come back..

He's that ugly, every time he has a sherman tank his hand tries to fall asleep...

He's that ugly, he makes blind kids cry...

so what you're really saying is that benji is the spiritual heir to alex cropley?

stevieC@pivot
Well I really can't believe some of the horrendous bile spouted by some bigots on here re. Pat Stanton.

In my opinion, he is without doubt the classiest player I have seen from either Hibs or Hearts in my lifetime (I am 56 years old). Both clubs have had many good players but in my opinion Pat Stanton was the best of them all - of course many Hearts fans of that era may have Levien, Robertson, etc., as their personal favourites.

I have cousins who are Jambos, and the banter between both sides of the family has always been great fun.

However, some of the people expressing their vile bigotry on here today regarding a thoroughly decent human being are an utter disgrace to themselves and their club! My Hearts supporting relatives will be livid reading the ridiculous bile the

se cretins have spouted on this thread!

Sincere thanks to the many decent Hearts fans for attempting to reason with these neanderthals! (Although I do i fact believe the perpetrators are beyond help!)

If they cannot realise that they are letting their blind bigorty cloud their opinions they are to pitied, and I can see no hope for them.

It is no wonder that more and more Hibs fans would not be bothered if Hearts went to the wall as a result of Mr Romanov's dealings....with the tacit approval of these types!....which would be a pity for all the many decent Jambos!

BTW - The equalising 5:00 pm goal was at the school end. At least 3 Hibs players were at the back post waiting to nod the ball in, but Pat was the man who did it! I was in the enclosure in the hearts end, as I could not get in the Gorgie Road section that day. it was from open play, not a corner or free kick, and looked offside! We did not care, of course!

I`ll get pelters for this but i don`t care.

Pat Stanton was one of the best footballers in the 70`s ...........ever.

Yes ,he played for Hibs,so what??

You will not know this but, he nearly signed for Hearts as they wanted him b4 hibs,but the bus fares from niddrie marischal were more to gorgie,fact.

And,he`s my dads cousin.

A nicer man you`ll never meet.

Some folk should get a life!!!

stevieC@pivot
Not talking about the man's ability as a footballer. I trust JR purports himself in his private life with a greater deal of decorum than the person we are referring to. Something you obviously know nothing about, and why should you?

Is that right?? But then what would you know??

JR is as much as much as !

Archived