Pat Stanton (loyal hibby) - Scottish Cup woes

Craigieboy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you could type comprehensible sentences I would be able to respond to you

Likewise,capital letter at the start of a sentance.

Practise what you preach... Ticket !! And you have responded thicko !

All comments about his personal life are bang out of order

:hobofish:

No they're not. :rolleyes:

Some of the hobo-inclined on here are willing to airbrush Stanton's past to present him as some kind of footballing God and role model. The truth is quite different, and it's only right that people point this out.

Yeah thats correct.. I'm a Hobo.. How predictable.. More like you are a plastic Hun !

Because I defend a guy is a decent bloke? Or because I know for a fact that all 3 names Stanton,Cropley and Schadeler were all Hibs through and through and I am prepared to call a spade a spade ??

as a Hearts supporter i find this thread is shameful and embarrassing

Imagine how you'd feel if you were a hobo and had Stanton as a hero!!! :eek:

:107years:

The People's Chimp
christ an RC scored for Hearts ,Slightly Angry Puppy and the 3 rd Battallion of the Gyle Volunteer Force will no like that

ha ha quality. 3rd battalion of the gyle vounteer force. says it all.

No they're not. :rolleyes:

Some of the hobo-inclined on here are willing to airbrush Stanton's past to present him as some kind of footballing God and role model. The truth is quite different, and it's only right that people point this out.

And Hearts very own darling John Robertson Mod Edit so what ,it doesnt make him a bad person or a bad role model where football is concerned

My only point was that the guy is a decent man who's only crime is that he played for the team he has always supported since childhood and throwing all the mud is quite frankly cringey !

And for the record he is one of the finest footballers the Capital has ever produced.

judetheobscure
you've never heard of it so it can't be true

try google, it's not too difficult to find

then again, maybe google's making it up

or are you just another tympathiser

Nope, still can't find any record of a Northern Ireland Republican group conected to Hibs or indeed to Mr Stanton. Interesting that by asking for facts you throw a sectarian insult at me. Perhaps you are allowing your own prejudices to feed your own particular deluded viewpoint of the world.

Nope, still can't find any record of a Northern Ireland Republican group conected to Hibs or indeed to Mr Stanton. Interesting that by asking for facts you throw a sectarian insult at me. Perhaps you are allowing your own prejudices to feed your own particular deluded viewpoint of the world.

The guy cannot handle any other point of view other than his pathetic bigoted views which have no home at Tynecastle.. Get the train to Ibrox Mr Hun !

My only point was that the guy is a decent man who's only crime is that he played for the team he has always supported since childhood and throwing all the mud is quite frankly cringey !

Not entirely true is it.... or is drink driving not a crime now?

And Hearts very own darling John Robertson Mod Edit

I'm certainly not aware of this.

I suggest you edit that before John or his legal people see it. If you tell porkies that defame someone, the anonymity of a message board will not protect you.

Yours helpfully etc.

Therapist.

PresidentRomanov

Supporting terrorism is also now a crime :)

Was it not the Iona bar he had?

I'm sure the Hearts song would have went down a treat in there...

There was a surprisingly high amount of Jambos that drank in the place when Cropley ran it. On his last night (after he had been caught by the Drybroughs rep flogging bottles of Tennents) he swapped the Hibs song on the Jukey for The Boys In Maroon, cue daft Hibby trying to wind up myself and a couple of others on here, Hearts song played right to the end he he, still a ****** though.

I'm certainly not aware of this.

I suggest you edit that before John or his legal people see it. If you tell porkies that defame someone, the anonymity of a message board will not protect you.

Yours helpfully etc.

Therapist.

How thick are you??

This whole thread is defamatory !!

There was a surprisingly high amount of Jambos that drank in the place when Cropley ran it. On his last night (after he had been caught by the Drybroughs rep flogging bottles of Tennents) he swapped the Hibs song on the Jukey for The Boys In Maroon, cue daft Hibby trying to wind up myself and a couple of others on here, Hearts song played right to the end he he, still a ****** though.

A nice touch.

I was in his company at a smoker earlier in the year and he struck me as quite a quiet guy, never really said much.

A right ugly git though.

PresidentRomanov
How thick are you??

This whole thread is defamatory !!

There's nothing defamatory about stating that, Patrick Stanton was convicted of drunk driving, had a terrosist orginisation band at his testimonial, or attends the annual Northern Ireland Hibs Rally - these are all documented facts :)

The post about John Robertson, is however highly dodgy, and should be removed :)

judetheobscure
There's nothing defamatory about stating that, Patrick Stanton was convicted of drunk driving, had a terrosist orginisation band at his testimonial, or attends the annual Northern Ireland Hibs Rally - these are all documented facts :)

The post about John Robertson, is however highly dodgy, and should be removed :)

Now thats a bit different than saying he attends a Republican fuction isn't it? Take it that is an admission your facts were wrong then .

He is being accused of supporting a terrorist organisation,I see you are changing your tune to suit now tough eh !!

Pot,Kettle,Black !!

Oh holier than holier eh !!

Graham Rix IS a convicted sex offender/Child abuser and managed Hearts don't forget !

Hypocrites !

maroonedinoz

I too am embarrased by this thread.

I wonder if it is perhaps NOT true Heart ssupporters who are keeping the sectarian suggestions going, and also contrbuting the personal abuse.

I think they are setting an agenda that is not in the best interests of Heart of Midlothian Fc.

I for one wil not post again to this thread and I think it is best closed down.

And finally, for those who say he was driving a taxi that night..please post your proof or withdraw.

Oh holier than holier eh !!

Graham Rix IS a convicted sex offender/Child abuser and managed Hearts don't forget !

Hypocrites !

If i had come out giving my support / worship of Graham Rix, then and only then would your point be valid. I never.

Furthermore, i never even gave my own opinion on Stanton.

All i did was say that you were wrong to say that the only crime he commited was being a hibs player.

Dont tar me with your Hypocrite brush thanks.

Guest Dipped Flake
I too am embarrased by this thread.

I wonder if it is perhaps NOT true Heart ssupporters who are keeping the sectarian suggestions going, and also contrbuting the personal abuse.

I think they are setting an agenda that is not in the best interests of Heart of Midlothian Fc.

I for one wil not post again to this thread and I think it is best closed down.

And finally, for those who say he was driving a taxi that night..please post your proof or withdraw.

All Hearts supporters should be ashamed of this thread and any other ones that degenerate into a pile of bigotted trash but as I keep saying just ignore their posts and maybe one day they will get the hint that their kind have had their day....

Let's move the subject back to football.

There's a debate about whether Pat Stanton's late late equaliser was offside or came from a corner. I could have sworn it was a corner but others remember differently. But there's no proof, no match report, no video footage.

I also asked earlier, who was better, Stanton or Levein? We could discuss that, if anyone's still interested in the beautiful game.

Guest Dipped Flake

There's a debate about whether Pat Stanton's late late equaliser was offside or came from a corner. I could have sworn it was a corner but others remember differently. But there's no proof, no match report, no video footage.

I also asked earlier, who was better, Stanton or Levein? We could discuss that, if anyone's still interested in the beautiful game.

What a novel concept, wanting to talk about football; never catch on here.....

For what it's worth, I would have to say Levein was better, if only because I saw him play a lot more than Stanton. Remember this was in the days before wall to wall football on tv, so I only saw Stanton when the hibs came to Tynecastle

What have you all done to my thread!

:mad:

I can understand your disappointment mate. :sad:

Unfortunately the Stanton is God Brigade - comprising our small pro-hobo faction plus their hobo interloper friends - have been actively spreading propaganda. Right-minded Hearts fans have had to point out the truth.

Thanks mods. Was just about to ask why the obvious hobo infiltrator wasn't banned when a refresh showed that my request had been anticipated. For my money, this is why "frank and open debate" with reptiles is a waste of time. Best to keep this place for Hearts fans and give the Hibees the boot.

That's a puzzle. I remember we were all outraged - for weeks afterwards - not just by the offside goal but by the fact that it was about 5pm by the time he scored it. But my memory now also has it down as having come from a corner - in which case we wouldn't have been claiming offside. Was it maybe a corner that got played back short to someone who swung it in?

who was better, Stanton or Levein?

I saw both of them play many times so can comment knowledgeably on this.

Levein was bigger, stronger, much faster, harder, better in the air, better on the ground, and could read a game better. There is no facet of the game that Stanton was better at, so the only conclusion one can draw is that Levein was far superior.

Only a hobo or hobo acolyte would claim otherwise.

John Findlay
Ive been talking about a different game.

This one was 78,in the summer

Wee park scored for us early doors then we got a man sent off might have been parky himself.

They equalised very late with a header form I think Stanton from a free kick .

Stanton's equaliser was the Gorgie Road end and was offside as well as being in about the 98th minute. After he scored he could have ran out the exit Gorgie end but the enclosure and be at the Tynie Arms for 5pm opening time.

1978 was the Ally MacLeod equaliser again deep into injury time when both Donald Park and Jim Jefferies were sent off for Hearts that day. This was the game that brought the headline in the Sunday Post. YES HEARTS YOU WERE ROBBED.

John

John Findlay
Whichever way you try to put your pro-hobo spin on it, he still captained them to a record defeat. Fact. :)

And I notice you conveniently omit to address the incidents involving the taxi and his testimonial "entertainment". :rolleyes:

Now, how long will it be before John reverts to type and starts throwing in the personal abuse? :rolleyes:

Seeing as I was not present at either Pat Stanton's testimonial or when he was found drunk behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, taxi or otherwise then I cant comment on any of those incidents. I did however see him play in a Hibs team that regularly gave me as a young Hearts supporter at the time many a bad day at school getting the mickey taking out of me by many Hibs supporters. Pat Stanton was a very good footballer and as I have previously stated I will stick to my knowledge of football and footballers than to yours every day of the week.

John

many a bad day at school getting the mickey taking out of me by many Hibs supporters.

Are you sure they were ripping you because of the football? :rolleyes:

Therapist

judetheobscure
Are you sure they were ripping you because of the football? :rolleyes:

Therapist

Nobody could truly be as bitter as you. I therefore conclude that you are at it, well done on carrying it on for so many posts but come clean Hobo.:hobofish:

I did however see him play in a Hibs team that regularly gave me as a young Hearts supporter at the time many a bad day at school getting the mickey taking out of me by many Hibs supporters. Pat Stanton was a very good footballer

My schooldays were similar.

I'd go as far as to say that although I don't buy the flair myth, Stanton had flair. He was fair, skillful, and read the game well. Not remotely dirty, the kind of player that opposition fans respect. Obviously, being from Edinburgh, he had few caps.

I'm still sure it was a corner, and that the reason for our fury was the lateness of the goal (95 mins). You rarely got much time added on in those days, no fourth official and all that.

Stanton's equaliser was the Gorgie Road end and was offside as well as being in about the 98th minute. After he scored he could have ran out the exit Gorgie end but the enclosure and be at the Tynie Arms for 5pm opening time.

1978 was the Ally MacLeod equaliser again deep into injury time when both Donald Park and Jim Jefferies were sent off for Hearts that day. This was the game that brought the headline in the Sunday Post. YES HEARTS YOU WERE ROBBED.

John

Incorrect, Stantons was at the school end, and IIRC came from a corner which wasn't cleared properly, he was a yard offside when the cross came back in, and news at ten was on:mad:

Ally McLeods was at the Gorgie Road end from a free kick, just before the feckin epilogue:mad::mad:

ripvanwinkle
I'm actually a personal friend of Alex Cropley, and I can tell you that he has no time for Hibs whatsoever.

Playing for them was nothing more than a job of work for him, and he too, left at the earliest opportunity :)

I knew Erich Schaedler very well too before he topped himself, and he didn't like Hibs either.

I'm a bit surprised an expert such as yourself didn't know how to spell his name though.

Meanwhile, Patrick Stanton, another who had no time for Hibs, still hangs off the club to this day, in desperation for the odd invite to some republican nights, where he can score a few free bevvies for himself.

A personal friend with at least two ex Hibs players? You'll get thrown out of the gang for mixing with '****' and 'vermin'

You might ask your pal Alex if he has no time for Hibs why he sits in the Famous Five stand each home game. In the paid seats.

Nobody could truly be as bitter as you.

I can assure you I am. Basically I hate everything non-Hearts and non-Chelsea, and make no apologies for that. To me, football is all about hating the opposition, some more than others.

John Findlay

This is for the interlopers from Hibs.net

Donald Ford scored twice against Hibs in league matches.

08/09/73 in Hearts 4-1 victory at Tynecastle.

01/01/74 in Hibs 3-1 victory over Hearts at Easter Road.

John

This is for the interlopers from Hibs.net

Donald Ford scored twice against Hibs in league matches.

08/09/73 in Hearts 4-1 victory at Tynecastle.

01/01/74 in Hibs 3-1 victory over Hearts at Easter Road.

John

Am I right in thinking that he hit the post with the goal gaping in the last minute of the 1975 New Year derby

John Findlay
Am I right in thinking that he hit the post with the goal gaping in the last minute of the 1975 New Year derby

Yep at the school end. Game ended 0-0.

John

Incorrect, Stantons was at the school end, and IIRC came from a corner which wasn't cleared properly, he was a yard offside when the cross came back in, and news at ten was on:mad:

Ally McLeods was at the Gorgie Road end from a free kick, just before the feckin epilogue:mad::mad:

HELLO!!! Have I just stumbled apon a Hibby forum here? Take your Pat Stanton pash down Fester road way and leave it where it belongs! In the gutter with all the other Hobo alkies!

gorgie rd eh11
HELLO!!! Have I just stumbled apon a Hibby forum here? Take your Pat Stanton pash down Fester road way and leave it where it belongs! In the gutter with all the other Hobo alkies!

You're really convincing:rolleyes:

Glamorgan Jambo
I saw both of them play many times so can comment knowledgeably on this.

Levein was bigger, stronger, much faster, harder, better in the air, better on the ground, and could read a game better. There is no facet of the game that Stanton was better at, so the only conclusion one can draw is that Levein was far superior.

Only a hobo or hobo acolyte would claim otherwise.

I can also comment fairly knowledgeably on this.

Levein at his peak - pre 86/87 injury was a far far better player than Stanton. Early on he played quite a few games in midlield and i remember him once playing right wing against rangers and absolutely roasting the Huns left back (Munro?) in a game we won 1-0. He was fantastic in the air and the combo of him and Sandy jardine was the classiest and most effective central defensive pair I've seen in my time watching the JTs. He never quite got back to those heights after his injury although his performance vs Sweden in the 90 world cup was outstanding.

Stanton while a worse footballer had a much stronger on field personality (a la Greig, Mcneil, Aitken etc) so I'm sure he'd have been pressuring the ref for those 8 mins of injury time that day. He was an average midfield player towards the end although I think he did well in his season as sweeper at thellickfitbawclub.

I just remembered that Stanton and Ferguson got into a bit of bother while they were the management team at sheepsville for going to see porn movies instead of scouting their oponents.:)

You're really convincing:rolleyes:

Sorry! I reeealy love Pat Stanton!!! That better for you!? Just thought it was a Hearts forum I was on, that's all. If I wanted to know anything about him I would go into a Hibs one surely?

PresidentRomanov
Sorry! I reeealy love Pat Stanton!!! That better for you!? Just thought it was a Hearts forum I was on, that's all. If I wanted to know anything about him I would go into a Hibs one surely?

A Hibs forum, would probably gloss over him being found slumped in a drunken stupor, over the wheel of his taxi, his republican leaning's, and his porn fetish, so you're better off here if you want to know what he was really like :)

Yours helpfully.

PickBum :)

A Hibs forum, would probably gloss over him being found slumped in a drunken stupor, over the wheel of his taxi, his republican leaning's, and his porn fetish, so you're better off here if you want to know what he was really like :)

Yours helpfully.

PickBum :)

I like him

PresidentRomanov
I like him

I must admit, in light of everything I've said about him, I'm struggling to remember why I don't :laugh:

Archived