Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At the end of the day it was a cup final between two lower league teams. I couldn't help but be genuinely pleased for my good Hibbee mates who were there, as pretending to feel sorry for them after every cup final defeat they witnessed was getting boring, and was delighted that Rangers were beaten in the manner they were, because you know... it's Rangers...

It was one of these occasions when you're like "shit, Hibs have won the cup" - more disbelief than anything else - and then "Wait a minute Rangers just got beat a cup final by a team that never wins cup finals". Mixed emotions certainly. I definitely got most of my enjoyment from Rangers losing than Hibs winning though obviously.

On top of that, both sets of fans made complete idiots of themselves after the final whistle so I could almost immediately enjoy having a laugh at Hibs again, managing to mess things up even on their best day in 100 years.

There, I said it.

With you all the way, I ALWAYS want  hibs to do well, as long as we do better. Edinburgh for life, detest the two religiously motivated, scum teams in the west.

UJ's have no place in our history either, McRaes, were a Scottish regiment. Leave that other stuff to those idiots in the west.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Enzo Chiefo

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At the end of the day it was a cup final between two lower league teams. I couldn't help but be genuinely pleased for my good Hibbee mates who were there, as pretending to feel sorry for them after every cup final defeat they witnessed was getting boring, and was delighted that Rangers were beaten in the manner they were, because you know... it's Rangers...

It was one of these occasions when you're like "shit, Hibs have won the cup" - more disbelief than anything else - and then "Wait a minute Rangers just got beat a cup final by a team that never wins cup finals". Mixed emotions certainly. I definitely got most of my enjoyment from Rangers losing than Hibs winning though obviously.

On top of that, both sets of fans made complete idiots of themselves after the final whistle so I could almost immediately enjoy having a laugh at Hibs again, managing to mess things up even on their best day in 100 years.

There, I said it.

They also won the cup while in the championship. 

They :arf:Can't do anything right. 

I wasn't as cheerfull as you towards my hibs friends, I was more taking the piss taking my rangers ones. 

In a way as well as a lose /lose final, it was a win/ win you got to to take the piss out of rangers or hibs fans after. 

We should have put them out tho, would have stopped at least stopped this tomfoolery ?

And celtic getting beat of rangers. Ffs 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

spot on.

Clear deflection anyway now that the intention of the thread has hit the buffers after the big fella steered us to another great win over the shite. 

:clyay:

Seems to be the default of these threads... 

Hearts start playing well / get a few results... No more straws to grasp. 

It just needs a 

bd0d5cbc52ece9c7416bd69352139540--wonder-women-gorgeous-women.jpg

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

They also won the cup while in the championship. 

They :arf:Can't do anything right. 

I wasn't as cheerfull as you towards my hibs friends, I was more taking the piss taking my rangers ones. 

In a way as well as a lose /lose final, it was a win/ win you got to to take the piss out of rangers or hibs fans after. 

We should have put them out tho, would have stopped at least stopped this tomfoolery ?

And celtic getting beat of rangers. Ffs 

It was more like "Stayed to the end this time?" than any gushing congrats tbh. I try to avoid Rangers and Celtic fans as a rule, because they take themselves and their teams so seriously. And they know next to nothing about the other teams they play 4 times a season. They really do live in an alternative OF-verse.

4 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Hibs winning the Scottish Cup was considered a "decent outcome" by a Hearts supporter? 

Decent in relation to what? Mass genocide!?!?

FFS I've heard it all now 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mass genocide is a belter :lol: even then it’s debatable. 

29 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Poor argument that.... 

Take that over a revitalised rangers any day. They are/were far more dangerous if that's your argument. 

You sound scared of hibs., tbh. 

If you ever called CL a loser a shite bag or a loser.... 

Revitalised hibs...... 

:trippin:

Hibs are shite, cup or no cup. 

Hibs would have been in deep shit if they lost the cup final. Falkirk had kept them down for another season only days earlier 

The Scottish Cup hoodoo was a great one-upmanship we had over Hibs for generations. Anyone wanting that to be eradicated wants their head examined 

I think we've been used to OF winning things have we not.  The argument is as incoherent as it is flawed in my view 

It's incomprehensible 

Edited by Jim Weir

Unknown user

No one wanted Hibs to win the cup ffs, it was just the guy's least hated outcome. Deal with it kickback. 

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mass genocide is a belter :lol: even then it’s debatable. 

Just when you think you've heard it all it seems surprise is round the corner!! 

Hibs winning the Scottish Cup after 114 years is a "decent outcome" seemingly 

****ing incredible  

1 minute ago, Jim Weir said:

Hibs would have been in deep shit if they lost the cup final. Falkirk had kept them down for another season only days earlier 

The Scottish Cup hoodoo was a great one-upmanship we had over Hibs for generations. Anyone wanting that to be eradicated wants their head examined 

I think we've been used to OF winnings things.  The argument is as incoherent as it is flawed in my view 

It's incomprehensible 

Personally I think the 5-1 and our derby record is more important than them not winning the cup, because we are directly responsible for it. Us crowing about them losing cup finals is no different to them going on about Albert Kidd.

Just now, Jim Weir said:

****ing incredible  

Spot on.  I spent my life rubbing it in their shity beak faces it’s probably the most unlikely decent outcome for me in sporting history.  It wouldn’t have mattered a shit if the huns smashed 5 past them that day in the general terms of things for that club.  The alternative was a *** nightmare, not a decent outcome :lol: 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Personally I think the 5-1 and our derby record is more important than them not winning the cup, because we are directly responsible for it. Us crowing about them losing cup finals is no different to them going on about Albert Kidd.

It wasn’t anything to do with them losing finals, it was to remind them that their diddy wee club hadn’t won the SC for well over a century while we had a good few including three I’ve been to.  It was the best tool ever to wind them up over because generations of them hadn’t seen it but we all had, it must have hurt like fk. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jim Weir said:

I think we've been used to OF winnings things.  The argument is as incoherent as it is flawed in my view 

It's incomprehensible 

Hibs would be exactly where they are now, 8th or whatever in the league. 

The of/ rangers is a whole different thing. Rangers have won **** all for five years now, Aberdeen have been 2nd the two full seasons they have been up. 

If Rangers had came back up without staying down because of us and/ or won the cup would they have been were they are now two years ago( as in ahead) ? Maybe yes, maybe not. 

Nobody will know. 

What I do know is rangers have won **** all and are still vulnerable on and off the pitch atm. 

That will do me. 

Hibs, shame it was them, but they are still shite. 

I'm 40, so getting one upmanship is beyond me, more important to me we win cups and do well overall than Hibs do shite. Rangers being as weak as possible helps us do well, or in this case Aberdeen as we haven’t taken advantage, so far. Still time tho. 

I also dislike rangers fans ( in general), the club, the culture, their cheating past, and the institution that is rangers more than Hibs. 

When you consider all that, it's not incomprehensible at all. It's the opposite - a well thought out and articulated opinion. 

One you disagree with, fair enough, but not incomprehensible. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It wasn’t anything to do with them losing finals, it was to remind them that their diddy wee club hadn’t won the SC for well over a century while we had a good few including three I’ve been to.  It was the best tool ever to wind them up over because generations of them hadn’t seen it but we all had, it must have hurt like fk. 

It was certainly amusing (although every time they were in a cup final and we weren't I wouldn't say I was that happy about that) and will be again when they go on another 100 years of not winning the cup. Personally Rangers' downfall was a bigger deal for me and I wanted them tohave as hard a time as possible getting back up. That said, I would have enjoyed Hibs losing it again equally! As others have said, win-win, lesser two evils and all that. Bit silly to imagine Hearts fans actually actively supported Hibs or celebrated a Hibs cup final win.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Spot on.  I spent my life rubbing it in their shity beak faces it’s probably the most unlikely decent outcome for me in sporting history.  It wouldn’t have mattered a shit if the huns smashed 5 past them that day in the general terms of things for that club.  The alternative was a *** nightmare, not a decent outcome :lol: 

Exactly mate. They had no retort for it either 

The notion is unfathomable.  Even more so (if that's possible) due to them beating us along the way 

I'm not in the slightest ashamed to say that I ****ing detest Hibs and I've never wanting anything other than them to lose against anyone they've ever played 

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No one wanted Hibs to win the cup ffs, it was just the guy's least hated outcome. Deal with it kickback. 

:clap:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

you took me wrong. I was meaning the poster who said he could understand someone wanting hibs to beat Hearts but not hobs beating his beloved rangers. I agree with you in that I dislike rangers more than any other team

:lol:

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hibs would be exactly where they are now, 8th or whatever in the league. 

The of/ rangers is a whole different thing. Rangers have won **** all for five years now, Aberdeen have been 2nd the two full seasons they have been up. 

If Rangers had came back up without staying down because of us and/ or won the cup would they have been were they are now two years ago( as in ahead) ? Maybe yes, maybe not. 

Nobody will know. 

What I do know is rangers have won **** all and are still vulnerable on and off the pitch atm. 

That will do me. 

Hibs, shame it was them, but they are still shite. 

I'm 40, so getting one upmanship is beyond me, more important to me we win cups and do well overall than Hibs do shite. Rangers being as weak as possible helps us do well, or in this case Aberdeen as we haven’t taken advantage, so far. Still time tho. 

I also dislike rangers fans ( in general), the club, the culture, their cheating past, and the institution that is rangers more than Hibs. 

When you consider all that, it's not incomprehensible at all. It's the opposite - a well thought out and articulated opinion. 

One you disagree with, fair enough, but not incomprehensible. 

Completely disagree.losing the cup final would have seen attendance numbers fall dramatically after promotion was stunted again. Instead their support increased substantially 

It is completely incomprehensible 

Just now, Jim Weir said:

Completely disagree.losing the cup final would have seen attendance numbers fall dramatically after promotion was stunted again. Instead their support increased substantially 

For all the good it's done them. 8th with a worst team than when they were in the Championship.

37 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

With you all the way, I ALWAYS want  hibs to do well, as long as we do better. Edinburgh for life, detest the two religiously motivated, scum teams in the west.

UJ's have no place in our history either, McRaes, were a Scottish regiment. Leave that other stuff to those idiots in the west.

FFS. I must have missed the special Scottish army formed for WW1.

Scottish and British. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

For all the good it's done them. 8th with a worst team than when they were in the Championship.

Maybe but there's no question they got a real boost from the cup win.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That's nonsense though 

They've had far better crowd numbers since than they had previously. Cup runs saved them in their 3 year absence 

They were ****ed if they hadn't won the cup. They did and it was a "decent outcome"

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
14 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

****ing incredible  

i know lots of folk who thought it was a decent outcome

none of them hearts supporters though

Just now, Jlv2004 said:

Maybe but there's no question they got a real boost from the cup win.

Of course they did 

To suggest otherwise is a nonsense 

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i know lots of folk who thought it was a decent outcome

none of them hearts supporters though

It was a ****ing heinous outcome mate 

Still angers me 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

It's only incomprehensible if you're a bit dim. 

The reasons are laid out in black white, in front of you. I gave them to you. 

You must surely understand the reasons given?

You just don't agree and are being dramatic for reasons best known to yourself. 

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's only incomprehensible if you're a bit dim. 

The reasons are laid out in black white, in front of you. I gave them to you. 

You must surely understand the reasons given?

You just don't agree and are being dramatic for reasons best known to yourself. 

Personally I understand the words but can't fathom the sentiments. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Of course they did 

To suggest otherwise is a nonsense 

Aye, boosted all the way to 4th then currently 8th.

We'll never catch them. 

I must have missed hibs going on to further cup glory, dominating Europe and owning us in the derbies. ?

Any club winning a cup gets a lift. 

As would have rangers- far more dangerous than Hibs, surely? 

Hibs are no threat to us, them getting a boost means **** all, apart from more of them being there to withness Lee popping one in the top bag. 

Also meant we lost a song, a bit shit but I've moved on. 

Jingle Bells
5 hours ago, graygo said:

Do you think that the FOH money has been spent on the team?

Have you seen the shiny new stand?

Are you aware that Ann Budge needs paid back?

Accept that Levein/Neilson stated that It has also been used to augment the Player Transfer Budget, in the press.

In regards to competing demands for the FOH contributions its surely better to use the limited resources available wisely by bringing in a few quality additions each season,  rather than wasting it on a huge turnover of players each time, including  injury prone gambles.

The need to sign 18 players four years into his tenure is surely a sign that Levein's football strategy for the Club has been less than a success and costly as well.

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I get that   ☺☺☺☺

15 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

That's nonsense though 

They've had far better crowd numbers since than they had previously. Cup runs saved them in their 3 year absence 

They were ****ed if they hadn't won the cup. They did and it was a "decent outcome"

As I said for all the good it's done them. Because of the cup win they lost a decent manager in terms of recruitment and appointed a volatile, overgrown toddler of a chequebook manager with a victim complex who has spunked away the biggest budget in their history with one 4th place (gained while we were still recovering from Cathro syndrome) to show for it. And their fans still haven't rallied around to help them push on in the way we have. OK, they're in better shape than when they went down to the Championship but let's face it they couldn't get any lower and my Hibs mates are back to not wanting to talk about football any more thanks to Levein, to bring the thread back on track. Natural order etc....

4 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Accept that Levein/Neilson stated that It has also been used to augment the Player Transfer Budget, in the press.

In regards to competing demands for the FOH contributions its surely better to use the limited resources available wisely by bringing in a few quality additions each season,  rather than wasting it on a huge turnover of players each time, including  injury prone gambles.

The need to sign 18 players four years into his tenure is surely a sign that Levein's football strategy for the Club has been less than a success and costly as well.

As we're also discussing Hibs on here, we've only signed 7 or 8 more players than them since Neilson and Stubbs took over  - ie Levein's time at the club -  and we've had one more manager change than them which always leads to more player turnover. We've also had more successes and fewer duds while operating with a lower budget so he's done all right. We can't really compare with Aberdeen and Killie as promotion and manager changes always leads to more players coming and going.

Edited by Guest

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Good chat fellas.

Someone felt the need to bring up hibs and the cup, again.

Great banter. 

It's stopped the slavering about CL, tho. ?

Bazzas right boot

Anyway, I'm away to watch an overblown Epl game, with two hibs fans. 

Be good to get a break from hibs winning the Cup chat ?

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Lots of new posters obsessed with Tosh....

Looks like Spencer is back in a festive guise.

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hibs won the cup did they? Did they hammer their local rivals 5-1 in the final? No, ach well, good for them though I'm sure they enjoyed their day.

14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, boosted all the way to 4th then currently 8th.

We'll never catch them. 

I must have missed hibs going on to further cup glory, dominating Europe and owning us in the derbies. ?

Any club winning a cup gets a lift. 

As would have rangers- far more dangerous than Hibs, surely? 

Hibs are no threat to us, them getting a boost means **** all, apart from more of them being there to withness Lee popping one in the top bag. 

Also meant we lost a song, a bit shit but I've moved on. 

Did you miss the 10 games in a row we couldn't beat them?

That was a low point for us and I suspect wouldn't have happened had they not won the cup.

They took a lot of belief from that.

That and us being spineless *******s for a couple of years.

Fortunately, and almost on topic, we seem to have come out of that.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I said for all the good it's done them. Because of the cup win they lost a decent manager in terms of recruitment and appointed a volatile, overgrown toddler of a chequebook manager with a victim complex who has spunked away the biggest budget in their history with one 4th place (gained while we were still recovering from Cathro syndrome) to show for it. And their fans still haven't rallied around to help them push on in the way we have. OK, they're in better shape than when they went down to the Championship but let's face it they couldn't get any lower and my Hibs mates are back to not wanting to talk about football any more thanks to Levein, to bring the thread back on track. Natural order etc....

:levein_interesting:

6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Enjoy mate. I kind of understand your logic although the huns are strong now regardless of winning that match, Hibs would have been goosed big time.  I wasn’t having a go either, I just couldn’t think in that manner ?

10 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

18 players in, any idea how many went out?  I do. I would guess the net cost difference was negligible.

Read your own posts mate, "limited resources" and yet we have wasted huge sums, how does that work? Limited resurces by the way gets you young players with potential or injury prone gambles.

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hibs loving EPL fanboy.

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Enjoy mate. I kind of understand your logic although the huns are strong now regardless of winning that match, Hibs would have been goosed big time.  I wasn’t having a go either, I just couldn’t think in that manner ?

The reality is a lot of Hearts fans probably quite like having Hibs as our local rivals, which says it all really. They're the Wilecoyote to our roadrunner.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The reality is a lot of Hearts fans probably quite like having Hibs as our local rivals, which says it all really. They're the Wilecoyote to our roadrunner.

True. 

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

What thread is this? ??‍♂️ 

It's the thread before "Levein is not the answer mk3" - coming soon at an Internet near you after our next defeat.

Jingle Bells
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

18 players in, any idea how many went out?  I do. I would guess the net cost difference was negligible.

Read your own posts mate, "limited resources" and yet we have wasted huge sums, how does that work? Limited resurces by the way gets you young players with potential or injury prone gambles.

Your not taking into account wages, employer's national insurance contributions,  Player Agent Fees and the ones we have had to pay off to leave.

Combined thats alot of money wasted over the last four and a half years.

• davemclaren locked this topic