• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Enzo Chiefo

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

First time I have viewed this thread (I think!).

Did the mood change on Saturday night? No wins at Easter Road had been a bit of a stick to beat him with.

Last 6 derbies P6 W3 D2 L1 and 4 clean sheets.

For my tuppence worth, he is doing an okay job. But it could swing either way, for anyone to have such a strong opinion, I would suggest its fuelled by emotion.

I've no idea. More than likely though. Saturday was a huge result for Craig Levein 

Another season finishing outside top 4 wouldn't be great though. The club should really be targeting top 3 each year in my view 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is infinitely worse than wanting them to beat Rangers. 

However, wanting them to win a trophy they hadn’t won for over a century under any circumstances is a close 2nd to wanting them to beat Hearts. 

They were just 3 days from reaching the million hours. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They were just 3 days from reaching the million hours. 

I wonder if those who chose Hibs that day cheered when the goals went in. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Jim Weir said:

It will soar beyond 30 without my help I'm sure! 

Polarised opinion, much of it probably for the sake of maintaining a diametrically opposing view. 

Dissenting voices probably easier to silence than those who steadfastly support 

Do you think he's the answer out of interest?

It's an interesting project that's for sure.

We'll have to wait and see whether he's the answer or not.

I'm undecided.

This thread was bad enough but it's went seriously downhill, the laying into Tosh for what he said about Hibs has been done a million times. We get it.

ps. It has bugger all to do with whether Levein is the right man or not..

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, graygo said:

This thread was bad enough but it's went seriously downhill, the laying into Tosh for what he said about Hibs hass been done a million times. We get it.

ps. It has bugger all to do with whether Levein is the right man or not..

Is he?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Or claiming to be a Hearts fan and wanting Hibs to win the cup.

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not at all. 

It was a poll hibs or Rangers. 

Nothing to do with Hearts, we weren’t playing. 

Your comparison is ludicrous, but unfortunately not unexpected as your posts have become more reaching and pointless by the day, recently. 

You seem happy to weigh in with snide comments with contributing the square root of **** all to the thread content. Strange. 

Everyone, at this moment should be behind Hearts and the manager, if you're a Hearts fan with reservations about our manager, constantly moaning and using more and more far reaching points to prove a point that has been lost over the past two years (yawn) seems to only prove that said posters are personal  in their attacks about CL and are at the point were they have lost all credibility, the fact many have swapped accounts to continue their crusade proves that. 

The only thing more boring than Hearts fans venting their anger about CL are those that go on about hibs Cup win.

I'm a Hearts fan who dislikes rangers more than Hibs, quite comfortable with that. However, that is way off topic and unlike some on here I don't particularly want to talk about hibs winning the cup, again. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not strange at all, I enjoy it.

We don't all get our jollies from being plastic uber-fans, Tosh.

Each to their own, eh. ?

Openly admitting to enjoying taking snidey remarks at Hearts fans. 

Clearly responding to my strange remark.  

Yet a post later, you deny it and accuse me of the very thing you openly said you enjoy. 

You say I need to go back on my posts, you can't even put the posts in the last few hours together without contradicting yourself. 

You still haven't discussed the thread matter, you initiated this tit for tat by bring up hibs winning the cup. 

But then you do enjoy snidey remarks... 

Off topic, winding up other Hearts fans, talking about hibs, not even touching on the thread subject 

Each to their own, indeed. ?

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Wanting Hibs to win a Scottish Cup?

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is infinitely worse than wanting them to beat Rangers. 

However, wanting them to win a trophy they hadn’t won for over a century under any circumstances is a close 2nd to wanting them to beat Hearts. 

20 minutes ago, smiler said:

In context the Rangers one is inexcusable though Franky baby.

Yeah I get that but it’s not like either option was particularly palatable with the cup final (even though for me a Rangers win was the lesser of the two evils)

Wanting Hibs to beat us when the alternative is us beating them is just bonkers

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah I get that but it’s not like either option was particularly palatable with the cup final (even though for me a Rangers win was the lesser of the two evils)

Fair enough mate. It was Rangers to beat Hibs without question in the final for me. The alternative was something I simply couldn't countenance 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

As someone who can’t think of any institution as loathesome as Celtic, I was delighted when they hammered Hibs in the cup final in 2013. 

Because any Hearts supporter who would take a shred of happiness out of Hibs winning a throw in, let alone a major trophy, isn’t a proper Hearts supporter. 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Openly admitting to enjoying taking snidey remarks at Hearts fans. 

Clearly responding to my strange remark.  

Yet a post later, you deny it and accuse me of the very thing you openly said you enjoy. 

You say I need to go back on my posts, you can't even put the posts in the last few hours together without contradicting yourself. 

You still haven't discussed the thread matter, you initiated this tit for tat by bring up hibs winning the cup. 

But then you do enjoy snidey remarks... 

Off topic, winding up other Hearts fans, talking about hibs, not even touching on the thread subject 

Each to their own, indeed. ?

Don't let it get to you, Tosh.

It's not my fault you're incapable of joining the dots.

Fans are fickle, if the team loses a game its open season and every staff member top to bottom needs to be replaced according to somebody. 

Levein is doing a really good job at Hearts just now, he took over a team with plenty of heart but no quality or football intelligence and he made them hard to beat and solid at home. Over summer he's been able to develop this team into a streetwise, powerful and technically more proficient unit with a real connection to the fans I feel. Both seasons have been marred by horrific luck with injuries which has lead to some dropped points and Craig will be the first to hold his hands up and say that he's got it wrong at times and the squad players he signed haven't done enough. But i take comfort in the knowledge that every time we all see the glaring issues that come up he's the first to call them out and he's held in high regard by players who have played at the top level, with that we know that he knows what he's talking about. 

Good manager, the time for this debate is months down the line

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't let it get to you, Tosh.

It's not my fault you're incapable of joining the dots.

The dots were joined very easily, as posted above. 

You "enjoy" winding up folk on here. 

You basically admitted to trolling. The dots are there for all too see. 

Each to there own, if you get your jollies by being snidey, creating arguments that have **** all to do with anything with other Hearts fans, then carry on. I'm an all inclusive lefty at heart. 

I'm very comfortable with disliking rangers more than Hibs,  it's as much a dig at me as calling me a "big handsome bugger". 

It does take things off topic tho and create arguments about nothing and gets us talking about hibs and thier cup win. Not things that I'm particularly interested in tbh. 

If it floats your boat, start a hibs cup win thread. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

^ Needs to calm down imo.

^needs to stop trolling ?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

^needs to stop trolling ?

If I was trolling I'd be banned, mate.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I think the "Ignore" function should be used in this instance.

Festinger would feel vindicated.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not at all. 

It was a poll hibs or Rangers. 

Nothing to do with Hearts, we weren’t playing. 

Your comparison is ludicrous, but unfortunately not unexpected as your posts have become more reaching and pointless by the day, recently. 

You seem happy to weigh in with snide comments with contributing the square root of **** all to the thread content. Strange. 

Everyone, at this moment should be behind Hearts and the manager, if you're a Hearts fan with reservations about our manager, constantly moaning and using more and more far reaching points to prove a point that has been lost over the past two years (yawn) seems to only prove that said posters are personal  in their attacks about CL and are at the point were they have lost all credibility, the fact many have swapped accounts to continue their crusade proves that. 

The only thing more boring than Hearts fans venting their anger about CL are those that go on about hibs Cup win.

I'm a Hearts fan who dislikes rangers more than Hibs, quite comfortable with that. However, that is way off topic and unlike some on here I don't particularly want to talk about hibs winning the cup, again. 

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not strange at all, I enjoy it.

We don't all get our jollies from being plastic uber-fans, Tosh.

Each to their own, eh. ?

Trolling. 

You enjoy it... Apparently - weighing in with snide comments while contributing the square root of **** all to the thread. 

I'd be surprised if any of your posts on Here even touch on the topic (some maybe do, be like finding the nutty bits in a shite tho) just dropping in and having we digs here and there. 

Great stuff. 

That is almost the definition of trolling. 

So much so you have derailed an entire thread, which isn't actually that bad as the thread was an embarrassment anyway. 

You won't be banned unless someone reports it. 

Why would they? Watching you back track is making this thread interesting. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Trolling. 

You enjoy it... Apparently - weighing in with snide comments while contributing the square root of **** all to the thread. 

I'd be surprised if any of your posts on Here even touch on the topic (some maybe do, be like finding the nutty bits in a shite tho) just dropping in and having we digs here and there. 

Great stuff. 

That is almost the definition of trolling. 

So much so you have derailed an entire thread, which isn't actually that bad as the thread was an embarrassment anyway. 

You won't be banned unless someone reports it. 

Why would they? Watching you back track is making this thread interesting. 

:lol:

No back tracking here, buddy, and I've posted my tuppence worth on Levein on the umpteen threads we've had about him and the umpteen threads that weren't about him but ended up about him.

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Wanting Hibs to beat us is a million times worse than wanting Hibs to beat Rangers imo

Yes but wanting anyone to beat rangers is a no no in his eyes

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

No back tracking here, buddy, and I've posted my tuppence worth on Levein on the umpteen threads we've had about him and the umpteen threads that weren't about him but ended up about him.

But you enjoy dropping in daft wee comments just to noise folk up any way, which in turn has derailed the thread.

The quoted posts are clearly show you are trolling, at least on here. 

Trolling at its most subtle yet effective. 

Least it was a shite thread you de railed. Well done. 

Any hoo CL is our Gaffer, we're better than last year so he's staying no matter how many tantrums are thrown by certain posters. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

At it's best. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not true. 

You made that up. 

I have never once said that or hinted that others should take my view, I merely gave mine in a poll. 

I'm quite happy if Some want  rangers to beat Hibs or celtic, I totally get that. I wouldn't argue with them. 

Completely understandable that many would want Hibs beat all the time, no matter what. 

I understand that perfectly. I do, mostly as well. 

I just dislike rangers more and also seen the benifit of rangers not winning stuff too early in thier early years, some disagree. We move on ( or not?

I've never as you say ever indicated that anyone else wanting rangers to beat someone else as a no no. Quite the opposite, especially in regards to the final, I could see the funny side of hibs getting beat and understand wanting hibs beat. 

Geoff the Mince
12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Do you take yer Palestine flag to Parkhead ?

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Do you take yer Palestine flag to Parkhead ?

I think you quoted the wrong person, Geoff. :lol:

24 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not true. 

You made that up. 

I have never once said that or hinted that others should take my view, I merely gave mine in a poll. 

I'm quite happy if Some want  rangers to beat Hibs or celtic, I totally get that. I wouldn't argue with them. 

Completely understandable that many would want Hibs beat all the time, no matter what. 

I understand that perfectly. I do, mostly as well. 

I just dislike rangers more and also seen the benifit of rangers not winning stuff too early in thier early years, some disagree. We move on ( or not?

I've never as you say ever indicated that anyone else wanting rangers to beat someone else as a no no. Quite the opposite, especially in regards to the final, I could see the funny side of hibs getting beat and understand wanting hibs beat. 

you took me wrong. I was meaning the poster who said he could understand someone wanting hibs to beat Hearts but not hobs beating his beloved rangers. I agree with you in that I dislike rangers more than any other team

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I think you quoted the wrong person, Geoff. :lol:

Hope so, never been to parkhead for years, in fact think 1998 was the last time for a Hearts game (did go to the Scotland Ireland game there) 

Just now, XB52 said:

Hope so, never been to parkhead for years, in fact think 1998 was the last time for a Hearts game (did go to the Scotland Ireland game there) 

PHM 

3 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

PHM 

correct, followed Hearts home and away for many years but gave up most away games as I got older. Certainly stopped going to the bigot brothers games first as was never, or hardly ever, a pleasant experience. Prefer to give my money to my club if that's ok with you

Unknown user
3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

did a so-called hearts fan want hibs to win the Scottish cup? even for here that's ridiculous 

i think i saw saw some fans wanting them to win a Derby so levein might get sacked - I don't agree with that but at least there's a (misguided) logic 

:lion:

No, he just preferred hibs to the rangers, I didn't agree but I understood.

It was the football equivalent of having to choose between a punch in the face and a kick in the bollocks - it doesn't mean you actually want either to happen. 

Actively and publicly hoping Hearts lose to hibs is much much worse patter. 

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What's the question again?

Something about penis size I think.

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was the football equivalent of having to choose between a punch in the face and a kick in the bollocks - it doesn't mean you actually want either to happen. 

Anyone backing Hibs surely didn't realise how much a boost it would be to them. 

2 years on Cloud 9. 

i wish jj was my dad
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

spot on.

Clear deflection anyway now that the intention of the thread has hit the buffers after the big fella steered us to another great win over the shite. 

:clyay:

Mr Levein is obviously the answer, he's pissing off the trolls and Gobshites.

For that alone he should be getting a pay rise and an extended contract.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

Mr Levein is obviously the answer, he's pissing off the trolls and Gobshites.

I'm not so sure. The gobshites seem quite happy.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm not so sure. The gobshites seem quite happy.

I'm not sure about ''happy''. They are certainly animated.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm not sure about ''happy''. They are certainly animated.

That's probably a better way of putting it. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anyone backing Hibs surely didn't realise how much a boost it would be to them. 

2 years on Cloud 9. 

It was a false dawn. They no doubt got a boost but they got promoted because all the other good teams had got promoted so they had no-one decent to beat. They then merely matched us, Rangers and Livingston (And further back Ross County and ICT) by having a half decent season back in the top league after promotion. The cup win was a monkey off their back but I think their team is actually worse now than when they won the cup. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, XB52 said:

you took me wrong. I was meaning the poster who said he could understand someone wanting hibs to beat Hearts but not hobs beating his beloved rangers. I agree with you in that I dislike rangers more than any other team

Appoligies.?

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yip, I said several times it was like choosing between getting your leg broke or your arm broke. 

You need to choose, you don't want either and won't be celebrating either way. 

How folk get that is supporting hibs or celebrating is beyond me. 

Folk want Hibs to beat Hearts.... So the our manager get sacked.... 

:hartley:

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, I said several times it was like choosing between getting your leg broke or your arm broke. 

You need to choose, you don't want either and won't be celebrating either way. 

How folk get that is supporting hibs or celebrating is beyond me. 

Folk want Hibs to beat Hearts.... So the our manager get sacked.... 

:hartley:

You chose Hibs being revitalised getting massive crowds, big feel good factor and their fans delighted. 

Good for you. 

Unknown user
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You chose Hibs being revitalised getting massive crowds, big feel good factor and their fans delighted. 

Good for you. 

Aye so he did, behave

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye so he did, behave

Well anyone supporting Hibs to win the Cup must be stupid then.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good for you. 

At the end of the day it was a cup final between two lower league teams. I couldn't help but be genuinely pleased for my good Hibbee mates who were there, as pretending to feel sorry for them after every cup final defeat they witnessed was getting boring, and was delighted that Rangers were beaten in the manner they were, because you know... it's Rangers...

It was one of these occasions when you're like "shit, Hibs have won the cup" - more disbelief than anything else - and then "Wait a minute Rangers just got beat a cup final by a team that never wins cup finals". Mixed emotions certainly. I definitely got most of my enjoyment from Rangers losing than Hibs winning though obviously.

On top of that, both sets of fans made complete idiots of themselves after the final whistle so I could almost immediately enjoy having a laugh at Hibs again, managing to mess things up even on their best day in 100 years.

There, I said it.

Edited by Guest

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good for you. 

Poor argument that.... 

Take that over a revitalised rangers any day. They are/were far more dangerous if that's your argument. 

You sound scared of hibs., tbh. 

If you ever called CL a loser a shite bag or a loser.... 

Revitalised hibs...... 

:trippin:

Hibs are shite, cup or no cup. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:
Some are taking a pragmatic view of Levein's managerial ability to deliver HMFC silverware or at least reach Cup finals, as opposed to thinking of him being a fine, but injury prone player. for the Club, all those years ago.
This at a time when a large number of Supporters are paying a premium over and above their Season Ticket money.
The football side of the Club need to start doing their bit rather than throwing away the subsidy largely on dross, jmho..
Whilst the loyalty to an ex player on here is commendable the common denominator should be what's best for the Club, in the long run, and for me, at least,  that's with a Manager with a proven track record of success. or the potential to achieve that given the right circumstances and backing.

I know the new main stand isn't perfect, but to describe it, the debt owed to Ann Budge, and her shareholding as dross is very strange.

• davemclaren locked this topic