Leigh Griffiths

Phil Dunphy

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't consider Leigh Griffiths to be a "massive racist" because he sang a racist song in a pub with his mates. Ok? You do, I don't. Get over it. 

FTFY 

Since you won’t or can’t let us know what you consider racist we’ll just leave it there shall we. Have a nice day

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• jack D and coke

• Jamhammer

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Oh my bad. Thought singing, “Rudi Skacel is a ******* refugee”, with all of your mates made you a massive racist

Tbf, that would be xenophobia. 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Bit racist of you to suggest all refugees are the same race...

I consider that song racist because it’s subject/target considered it to be. Simple really. 

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

FTFY 

Since you won’t or can’t let us know what you consider racist we’ll just leave it there shall we. Have a nice day

And every Hearts fan who sang the Billy Boys in the final v Celtic,  they're all bigots are they? This should be good. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And every Hearts fan who sang the Billy Boys in the final v Celtic,  they're all bigots are they? This should be good. 

And all the Jambos who sang Seven nation Army at the 2006 semi final are homophobic.

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If they sang about being up to their knees in fenian blood then yes they are

Edited by Jamhammer

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If they uttered the word fenian. Yes.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

And all the Jambos who sang Seven nation Army at the 2006 semi final are homophobic.

Exactly. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts
Just now, Jamhammer said:

If they sang about being up to their knees in fenian blood then yes they are.

And would you like them all charged and banned from Tynecastle for singing a song? 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Exactly. Really looking forward to his reply to this. 

And I’m looking forward to your reply to what you consider racist? Swap ya

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And would you like them all charged and banned from Tynecastle for singing a song? 

Yup. If you’re singing about fenian blood etc then I won’t miss ya and I dare say the majority of our support feel the same way. Just like I’d ban every Celtic/Rangers fan who peddle this pish.

I know a lot of Hearts fans who sing about Hibee blood and being Gorgie rather than Billy boys. Also some who just stop singing when they get to th up to our knees bit.

Got sod all to do with football and has no place in the 21st century

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yup. If you’re singing about fenian blood etc then I won’t miss ya and I dare say the majority of our support feel the same way. Just like I’d ban every Celtic/Rangers fan who peddle this pish.

I know a lot of Hearts fans who sing about Hibee blood and being Gorgie rather than Billy boys. Also some who just stop singing when they get to th up to our knees bit.

Got sod all to do with football and has no place in the 21st century

Tynecastle would be pretty much empty if you did because the vast majority of the Hearts end were singing the naughty version that day. Like it or lump it. 

Is that what I said? 

Yup, you said;

"Like it or lump it."

That was in relation to 'fans' of Hearts singing bigoted sectarian songs and the poster you replied to saying they should be banned from Tynie.

Did you sing that you were up to your knees in fenian blood?

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Yup, you said;

"Like it or lump it."

That was in relation to 'fans' of Hearts singing bigoted sectarian songs and the poster you replied to saying they should be banned from Tynie.

Did you sing that you were up to your knees in fenian blood?

No, I said the majority of the Hearts fans were singing it that day, like it or lump it, in case he was going to argue that they weren't. I never said it was the answer to sectarianism so God knows where you got that utter nonsense from. And no, I don't sing it, but I did in the past so I refrain from the holier than thou hypocritical approach to these matters. 

No, I said the majority of the Hearts fans were singing it that day, like it or lump it, in case he was going to argue that they weren't. I never said it was the answer to sectarianism so God knows where you got that utter nonsense from. And no, I don't sing it, but I did in the past so I refrain from the holier than thou hypocritical approach to these matters. 

It's historic in our fan base was cultured into the sing songs. We know it has no place in the present that remains in the past.

Today's politically correct society thinkers are squeaky clean no marks on them.. 

Yet

57 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Tynecastle would be pretty much empty if you did because the vast majority of the Hearts end were singing the naughty version that day. Like it or lump it. 

I’ll lump it.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Ring fence them, and let them live like the Amish....!!

Ah but the Amish are all blue noses, are they not?

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ll lump it.

Remember you'll also need to ban all the homophobic Hearts fans for singing the Seven Nation Army song towards Hibs fans. This banning list is getting bigger. 

39 minutes ago, shed1874 said:

It's historic in our fan base was cultured into the sing songs. We know it has no place in the present that remains in the past.

Today's politically correct society thinkers are squeaky clean no marks on them.. 

Yet

Historically, neither Hearts nor Rangers were formed as protestant sectarian clubs but became so in direct opposition to the immigrant Catholic Irish supporters of Hibernian and Celtic, that arrived in droves during the last half of the 19th Century.  I am ashamed to say that I sang songs in The Shed during the 70s/80s that I find embarrassing still being sung in the 1Q of the 21st Century.  Even more so, that the rights and wrongs of these songs are debated on a supporters' board.  It is just wrong.

For many years NO SURRENDER was my computer password. I knew no better then.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Aah okay. So you can sing racist or bigoted songs but not be a racist or bigot?

Makes sense. So if I want to racially abuse someone in future I’ll put a wee tune to it and be grand.

What’s the weather like in your own little world?

I've sung racist songs and choice Hearts songs in the past. 

I am not a bigot or a racist. 

I was with a black lass for a few years and now married Into a Catholic family. 

My dad's side was also heavily Catholic, church n shit. 

It's also not rascism, it's xenophobia. 

It might not even be that tbh. 

So if you're getting all high and mighty and condemning folk for life over any action you must get it right. 

The refugee song aimed at our Rudi was not racist. 

Anyway it wouldn't work out, the guy is a chicken nugget and is as rabid a hibs fan you can be when being a professional player for another team. 

You must be whiter than white, and fair doos for living a perfect morale existence up until now.

Not everyine has. 

Congrats on that., tho. 

Admittance is a good way to heal we have a place in the past a friendship with thousands of others. I have no reason to feel shamed as I am mature enough to know it belongs in the past I lived it to the max enjoyed it sang it along with jam packed Tynie Many many times also away from home union jacks songs violence. 

It's history we all know 

And if you know your history.

For those of you find it offensive you must of been in hell when the Gorgie boy's were around. Not the present day version who are just a minority of arseholes. Not 20+ thousand at full belt

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So if you're getting all high and mighty and condemning folk for life over any action you must get it right. 

Anyway it wouldn't work out, the guy is a chicken nugget and is as rabid a hibs fan you can be when being a professional player for another team. 

You must be whiter than white, and fair doos for living a perfect morale existence up until now.

Not everyine has. 

Congrats on that., tho. 

The refugee song was a Hibs thing that brought them together.

It's a rank wrong un for us Jambo's

There are many songs sung that are at that level to far worse name calling / crying. Is I racist no its a rivals song lacks knowledge. Our version of that song has given us plenty ammo a success out of failure.

A ****ing goal machine 

The only answer worth giving happened on 19/05/2012

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I can think of worse ideas than banning bigoted arseholes who sing about being up to their knees in anybody's blood.

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not everyine has. 

Congrats on that., tho. 

I’m not whiter than white bud. I have been homophonic in the past when I was younger and stupider and deeply regret it. I’ve never been a racist or a bigot or sung those “traditional” songs. 

Racist/Xenophobic different sides of the same coin IMO. Rudi considered it racist. But if you feel differently bash on

Edited by Jamhammer

There’s not many “good strikers” and LG is a good striker I would say no to but that cretin is one of them! Let him sink and return to fester and end up in jail!

A horrible human being! 

4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Because this is a discussion forum, threads do not need a triage (although maybe they do) to determine of they can be posted. 

Would be quite happy if threads like this, and the Lafferty one, were confined to the rumour mill.

I'm well aware of that, but realistically we've no chance signing LG on loan, Celtic have not done business with us for years! We've enquired about 3 or 4 players in last few years and have been rubber eared. 

Also an enquiry about me LG would give him an opportunity to mock us. Can u imagine how that conversation between Craig and Neil would go, Lennon would burst out laughing, It would never happen and we all know it. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m not whiter than white bud. I have been homophonic in the past when I was younger and stupider and deeply regret it. I’ve never been a racist or a bigot or sung those “traditional” songs. 

Racist/Xenophobic different sides of the same coin IMO. Rudi considered it racist. But if you feel differently bash on

Many Hearts fan have sung those songs in the past. 

Tbh, it's like you are imposing your moral compass on other folk. 

For example, homopgobic is OK  as long as you regret it, but bigotry, racism - no forgiveness whatsoever. 

So if Griffiths had been slagging rudi's sexuality you'd be up for forgiveness, but racism- no way. 

Fair doos, I find that train of thought strange tho. 

He's an arse anyway who will end up at hibs. No way he's coming to us. 

But if somehow he was available, I'd 100% take him. No chance tho.

It's also  not racist by definition, how I feel is irrelevant. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, shed1874 said:

The refugee song was a Hibs thing that brought them together.

It's a rank wrong un for us Jambo's

There are many songs sung that are at that level to far worse name calling / crying. Is I racist no its a rivals song lacks knowledge. Our version of that song has given us plenty ammo a success out of failure.

A ****ing goal machine 

The only answer worth giving happened on 19/05/2012

Definitely. 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

For example, homopgobic is OK  as long as you regret it, but bigotry, racism - no forgiveness whatsoever. 

So if Griffiths had been slagging rudi's sexuality you'd be up for forgiveness, but racism- no way. 

Nail on the head. It must be great to be perfect and to be able to pick and choose what you find offensive. 

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I said I regretted it. At no point did I say it was okay nor do I expect anyone to forgive me for it. I was young and stupid but that’s no excuse. 

Final word on this subject for me. We’re never going to agree. I’m not imposing my moral compass on you fella. I’m expressing my opinion on a Hearts message board. If you disagree with it then grand.

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I said I regretted it. At no point did I say it was okay nor do I expect anyone to forgive me for it. I was young and stupid but that’s no excuse. 

Final word on this subject for me. We’re never going to agree. I’m not imposing my moral compass on you fella. I’m expressing my opinion on a Hearts message board. If you disagree with it then grand.

So you want others banned for singing a song but you're ok to keep watching Hearts because you were young and stupid and regret singing the naughty songs? Have I got that right?

28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So you want others banned for singing a song but you're ok to keep watching Hearts because you were young and stupid and regret singing the naughty songs? Have I got that right?

I don’t know if you’re being deliberately obtuse or just on the wind up or both. I have NEVER sung a naughty song at the football. I was a homophobe when I was young and stupid but, as I clearly say above that is no excuse. If I now sang a homophobic song at Tynecastle I’d expect to be banned. As any racist or bigot should be. I don’t consider it used to be okay to be a relevant excuse for bigotry/racism/homophobia or Xenophobia. Can’t really be any clearer than that.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t know if you’re being deliberately obtuse or just on the wind up or both. I have NEVER sung a naughty song at the football. I was a homophobe when I was young and stupid but, as I clearly say above that is no excuse. If I now sang a homophobic song at Tynecastle I’d expect to be banned. As any racist or bigot should be. I don’t consider it used to be okay to be a relevant excuse for bigotry/racism/homophobia or Xenophobia. Can’t really be any clearer than that.

I'll need to take your word for it that you've never said or sang anything remotely offensive at the football. 

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'll need to take your word for it that you've never said or sang anything remotely offensive at the football. 

I once had a pop at Nick Cusacks haircut. He may have been offended.

Im now bald. That’s karma for ya

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I once had a pop at Nick Cusacks haircut. He may have been offended.

Im now bald. That’s karma for ya

😂👨

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's sad that we have to go through this every time this song is discussed. The Skacel refugee song is racist by definition. That definition being as defined by law.

- 'Race' includes nationality, ethnicity and national origin. Being Czech or Eastern European falls within the legal definition of race for the purpose of racism legislation.

- It doesn't matter that 'refugee' isn't a race. He wasn't being targeted because he is a refugee. Refugee is the term of abuse.

- It doesn't matter that in another context, "refugee" wouldn't be a term of abuse. In this context it is a term of abuse.

See for example https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/hate-crime/racist-and-religious-hate-crime/

The song is racist by definition. Doesn't matter if you think that should or shouldn't be the definition of racism. That is the legal definition. Given how often this has been explained I do wonder how some people are unaware of this and continue to make excuses for this song.

8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's sad that we have to go through this every time this song is discussed. The Skacel refugee song is racist by definition. That definition being as defined by law.

- 'Race' includes nationality, ethnicity and national origin. Being Czech or Eastern European falls within the legal definition of race for the purpose of racism legislation.

- It doesn't matter that 'refugee' isn't a race. He wasn't being targeted because he is a refugee. Refugee is the term of abuse.

- It doesn't matter that in another context, "refugee" wouldn't be a term of abuse. In this context it is a term of abuse.

See for example https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/hate-crime/racist-and-religious-hate-crime/

The song is racist by definition. Doesn't matter if you think that should or shouldn't be the definition of racism. That is the legal definition. Given how often this has been explained I do wonder how some people are unaware of this and continue to make excuses for this song.

:verysmug:

5 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

If they uttered the word fenian. Yes.

The word fenian isn’t derogatory if it’s said from an Irish catholic to another. It actually means warrior. I was in a bar Tipperary a few years ago and was asked by a local if I was a ‘good fenian’ and one of them. Go further south to Limerick and if you’re not a fenian you’d better watch out. Staunch republican area and statues glorifying the IRA. I guess when it’s said from a Presbyterian to a catholic then it takes on a whole new connotation. It’s a fecked up wee country still living in the bygone days of 300 years ago. A good way to find out their level of ignorance is to ask them why they celebrate the Battle of the Boyne on the 12th July. Without google then it usually has a few of the historians stumped. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Chase me

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

that covers all discrimination and hate crimes and religious issues.

If going literal Is refugee a term of abuse?

Who was he abusing, Skacel wasn't there? Is singing about someone being a refugee while they are not there a crime?

refugee
[rɛfjʊˈdʒiː]

NOUN
  1. a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.- is calling someone that  abusive?

Racism

NOUN
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

xenophobic
    [zɛnəˈfəʊbɪk]

2. ADJECTIVE
    1. having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
      "xenophobic attitudes"

I'm not defending him but under the very definition of the words being used he wasn't racist. Splitting hairs maybe.

I underlined your last statement- If going by the law like you are-Was he charged for this under the discrimination  act you quote, if he wasn't then the law didn't find it racist? If that is the case do you then accept he isn't a racist as judged by law?

If you are going by law then you need to go with their views surely?

I think he may have been charged for a tweet but not this, so that would make the song he sung along with the rest of the pub not racist?

Anyway he's an arse, however, I along with many other on here have sang songs in the past, it doesn't mean they are racists imo. You may disagree and think one act defines a person for life.

1. He's a baw bag and never signing for us anyway, so I leave this thread for folk that care.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:verysmug:

That is more of an umbrella act rather than just about racism.

Also Only works in favour of the wee bawbag as a racist  if the law found him guilty of racism for singing this song?

If he wasn't charged then found guilty of racism, then the song surely isn't racist?

That being the case, how can he be racist, if using the legal act?

Maybe he was charged and found guilty of racism for singing this, I'm unsure.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is more of an umbrella act rather than just about racism.

Also Only works in favour of the wee bawbag as a racist  if the law found him guilty of racism for singing this song?

If he wasn't charged then found guilty of racism, then the song surely isn't racist?

That being the case, how can he be racist, if using the legal act?

Maybe he was charged and found guilty of racism for singing this, I'm unsure.

Oh dear god. How is it possible to get so much wrong in a couple of posts and still be so sure you are right?

The definition I provided of race is based on the definition of race in the Equality Act 2010. It is not a wider catch all or umbrella definition.

I covered the point about whether refugee is a term of abuse. The context is important. In the song it is clearly a term of abuse. In the same way calling a black player a monkey would be a term of abuse, but calling the animal in a zoo a monkey wouldn't be a term of abuse. Context is important.

You can commit a criminal act without being charged and convicted of a criminal act. People speed every day. The fact they drove at 75mph on a motorway and weren't pulled over and charged doesn't mean that driving at 75mph is suddenly legal.

For someone who doesn't care, you've spent a lot of time trying to claim a racist song isn't racist. Why not spend much shorter amount of time admitting you were wrong?

43 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Nobody was claiming the song wasn't offensive, nor making excuses for the song.

People were just saying they have sang far worse (hello hello/mowbray) and are amused at the idea people cannot change.  Assuming Griffiths is a human which is quite a big assumption.

If we are just accepting that Griffiths is a "massive racist" because of a song he sung in a pub years ago, then quite a large percentage people going to Tynecastle now are "massively sectarian" and "massive supporters of the vicious Billy Boy gang" although they think the latter is a reference to King Billy.

That is not making excuses.  It is just applying the same logic across the board.

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

What a load of crap.  If I stood in among 10,000 people singing "Oh Edinburgh is wonderful" but changed the words to "except for Hibs, wanks, and Tories" I'd be a good guy not contributing to a problem? 

"Yes officer it might look like I was throwing coins at Lennon but I was just feigning throwing coins to set an example to the idiots"