Jump to content
Phil Dunphy

Leigh Griffiths

Recommended Posts

Phil Dunphy

Taking an indefinite break from football, due to ongoing personal issues. 

 

According to his manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke

I heard a rumour yesterday. Won’t be posting it though. Seems this kind of confirms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keithyboy1975

Intrigued to know what Angry Wasp is referring too!!! 

_20181212_142350.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I heard a rumour yesterday. Won’t be posting it though. Seems this kind of confirms. 

 

My money would be some kind of depression or mental illness. 

 

Hopefully it’s not life threatening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaba

Hope he gets all the help he needs. Makes sense to take himself out of the spotlight and focus on getting his mental health sorted. All the best to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

I saw this. He might be a hibs **** but I actually don't really mind him too much. Got a suspicion it might be depression.

 

Hope whatever it is he gets through it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, keithyboy1975 said:

Intrigued to know what Angry Wasp is referring too!!! 

_20181212_142350.JPG

Sounds like the one I heard. I didn’t totally dismiss it but you don’t want to spread stuff especially one that isn’t true. 

 

Edited by jack D and coke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

I should hate him but I don't.  Good luck to the boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

Sounds serious, hope he gets through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaps

 

Doesn’t sound good. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

 

Wouldn't wish depression on anyone. 

 

All the best LG. Hope you get the help you need. 

 Is that what it is ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Boab said:

 Is that what it is ?

 

You know  what..I just assumed that is what is. But it very well might be something totally different. 

 

Shouldn't jump to conclusions. 

 

What ever it is doesn't sound good. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

Read it's to do with gambling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loveofthegame
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I heard a rumour yesterday. Won’t be posting it though. Seems this kind of confirms. 

 

Got a message from a mate last night saying he’d reached a very, very low point due to gambling debts. The gambling bit appears to have been confirmed, unsurprisingly the other bit hasn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hood09

Daily record has outed his gambling issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VivaObua

I'm hoping for christmas aff on the sick aswell! 

 

Seriously though as a few have mentioned above I also heard he's in a really bad place and needs proper help soon as, I'll be surprised if he's back this season. Hope he find the right help and gets healthy asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

 

Got a message from a mate last night saying he’d reached a very, very low point due to gambling debts. The gambling bit appears to have been confirmed, unsurprisingly the other bit hasn’t.

I don’t think his gambling has ever really been that much of a secret tbh. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Australis......

Hope is is OK sounds like depression to me, but a hibby in my work just said Griffiths cant keep away from casinos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haken

Daily Record saying it's gambling related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke

I’d imagine by the end of the day most people will hear the rumour. Surprised nobody else has posted similar to me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d imagine by the end of the day most people will hear the rumour. Surprised nobody else has posted similar to me. 

 

Not gambling related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happyjam

Firstly, hope he gets all the help he needs and gets his life back together.

 

Secondly, (and not a dig a Leigh or Celtic specifically) but does anyone else notice the irony with a professional footballer with a gambling addiction and his club being sponsored by a gambling company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
1 minute ago, kila said:

 

Not gambling related?

I really don’t want to say mate. I’d heard he’d been at a casino though. He sat in a bookies round from my place a lot too. He had gambling problems I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homme

Hope the boy gets help with any depression or addiction he may have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard 22

Have friends and family who suffer MI,  hope all get better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

In a bad place, so many players do this. 

He's lucky he just signed a new extension, has some security at least. 

 

This just hastens his return to hibs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bobskeldon

I sincerely hope he finds and gets the help he needs and deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haken
17 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Firstly, hope he gets all the help he needs and gets his life back together.

 

Secondly, (and not a dig a Leigh or Celtic specifically) but does anyone else notice the irony with a professional footballer with a gambling addiction and his club being sponsored by a gambling company.

Indeed.  Mr Lafferty's shirt also now bears a gambling sponsorship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I really don’t want to say mate. I’d heard he’d been at a casino though. He sat in a bookies round from my place a lot too. He had gambling problems I think. 

You havr however spent about 4nposts on here telling folk that you don't want to say though ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Shame both the old firm have players with similar problems lafferty is back doing it aswell it's not the only problems these players have though the mindset is a massive thing in football one player I see with a positive mindset atm is callum paterson ain't just happy being ordinary wants to push himself all the time I think that can be the problem when u join the old firm clubs u can get to comfortable and just be happy with what your earning and doing rather than testing yourself and seeing if u can take it to the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
Just now, hughesie27 said:

You havr however spent about 4nposts on here telling folk that you don't want to say though ?

I’m just replying to people quoting my posts. People are asking me questions??‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I’m just replying to people quoting my posts. People are asking me questions??‍♂️

I know just pulling your leg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
number witheld
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Shame both the old firm have players with similar problems lafferty is back doing it aswell it's not the only problems these players have though the mindset is a massive thing in football one player I see with a positive mindset atm is callum paterson ain't just happy being ordinary wants to push himself all the time I think that can be the problem when u join the old firm clubs u can get to comfortable and just be happy with what your earning and doing rather than testing yourself and seeing if u can take it to the next level.

Breathe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inch Hearts

I'll wait for the fact's before wishing someone of his irk all the best.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DVB

Not sure how a break will help him if it’s a gambling addiction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stewie Griffin
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I really don’t want to say mate. I’d heard he’d been at a casino though. He sat in a bookies round from my place a lot too. He had gambling problems I think. 

 

I remember a few years ago when he lived in Bonnyrigg used to see him going in / out of the bookies a lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Sex addiction. And now this.

 

Can't quite take it all in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Gambling addiction or mental health related, both brutal.

 

I hope he sorts out whatever it is.

 

He's a bit of a "panto villain" to most Jambos but I really dont mind him too much TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Sex addiction. ...

 

Can't quite take it all in.

 

Too much information...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Independence

Good luck and thanks for your 2 goals against England. Simply...wonderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gerry mccauley

If gambling, all too usual in football players.  Best of luck to him.  His two free kicks against England cemented his place in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gerry mccauley
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

Too much information...

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mid Calder Jambo

Dislike him as a person

Admire him as a footballer

Wish him well with his problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Gambling addiction or mental health related, both brutal.

 

I hope he sorts out whatever it is.

 

He's a bit of a "panto villain" to most Jambos but I really dont mind him too much TBH.

 

Lets get one thing straight.  That guy can't stand Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EastSideJambo

Always strikes me as being a pure ***** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sex addiction. And now this.

 

Can't quite take it all in.

 

Well all that shagging around is a gamble, eventually...

 

Anyway, mind when he mocked Naismith being injured? Feck him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Time for the quarterly drive on mental health and everyone drumming up awareness but then slagging others days later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab

Sorry, no hypocrisy from me either.

May seem a tad harsh to some but you can't call one of our finest players a refugee and get the sympathy vote. Probably doesn't even want it, especially from us.

I'll leave the curse of gambling, and it's causes(!) for others to debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert

We should go for him in January. We could use what we done for lafferty to lure him here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We should go for him in January. We could use what we done for lafferty to lure him here.

We sending him back to Hibs after he's done with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...