Leigh Griffiths

Phil Dunphy

leigh.png

griff3.png?strip=all&w=586

The rank hypocrisy of some on here is ******* unbelievable :lol:

The suicide chat is brutal and think speculation should be knocked on the head, no matter how much of an arsehole he may be wouldn't wish that on any family.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• jack D and coke

• Jamhammer

40 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So much self loathing, immaturity and issues of self worth in this post.

Wishing ill on someone with real and serious issues. How bad must your life be? Cretinous stuff.

Bit of a physchiatrist are we?along with your many other imagined talents,away and play with yourself dork with the mock outrage.

Dagger Is Back

Despite all the truly horrible things that Griffiths has said and done, I just can't wish him ill on hearing this news. As far as we know he's not a murderer, paedophile etc. He's made some awful life decisions and mistakes, as many of us have, but he's to be pitied more than anything in my opinion. He's a bit thick, and from all accounts has had a tough upbringing.

I've seen too many families torn apart by addiction, whether that be drink, gambling or drugs and it's horrible to see things disintegrating in front of you. I don't understand how someone with the world at his feet like Griffiths, can throw it all away, and I can only imagine the kind of life that someone could enjoy playing the sport you love and being rewarded handsomely.

I read over on Hibs net about the attitude of some to Wallace Mercer and I pity them. To be so devoid of humanity is a heavy burden to carry throughout your life. I think I'm better than that.

I hope Griffiths gets his shit together and if that makes me less of a Hearts fan, then I'll just have to take that on the chin. Griffiths is one of the lucky ones. There are thousands of people like him who won't get the help and support that his 'status' will ensure  

24 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Despite all the truly horrible things that Griffiths has said and done, I just can't wish him ill on hearing this news. As far as we know he's not a murderer, paedophile etc. He's made some awful life decisions and mistakes, as many of us have, but he's to be pitied more than anything in my opinion. He's a bit thick, and from all accounts has had a tough upbringing.

I've seen too many families torn apart by addiction, whether that be drink, gambling or drugs and it's horrible to see things disintegrating in front of you. I don't understand how someone with the world at his feet like Griffiths, can throw it all away, and I can only imagine the kind of life that someone could enjoy playing the sport you love and being rewarded handsomely.

I read over on Hibs net about the attitude of some to Wallace Mercer and I pity them. To be so devoid of humanity is a heavy burden to carry throughout your life. I think I'm better than that.

I hope Griffiths gets his shit together and if that makes me less of a Hearts fan, then I'll just have to take that on the chin. Griffiths is one of the lucky ones. There are thousands of people like him who won't get the help and support that his 'status' will ensure  

Spot on there.

5 hours ago, El Diez said:

The other stuff being that he had left a suicide note and had tried to kill himself when he was found in his car?

That was the rumour I heard. Pipe from exhaust in the car! 

28 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Great post mate and wholeheartedly agree.

32 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Those 2 goals v engerland.  

32 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Good post. Humanity is easy and people shouldn't find it too hard to search within themselves especially this time of year. 

43 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Great post, if you're less of an HMFC man then I'll join you. My opinion is its with his many familys and he cant choose which one to be with on xmas day.

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Although it contradicts my earlier posts, that is a great post. 

There (for me is a line) and I'm all over the rip the pish out of a Hibee ***** whenever possible. Even of he's said or done something that pisses me off. Take Riordan for example. Complete tool. Scored some goals against us and I ****ing hate the wee rat. 

If however he was diagnosed with something inoperable god forbid the man in me would take over and I would wish him a speedy recovery. I think that's the difference between rivalry and hatred?

The line with LG is I cant stand him and he's been a really nasty little shit both on and off the field as is documented. However he is just a man trying to earn a living on a football field like so many of our players. We have had many despised by Hibs over the years just as we despise LG. Honours even on that front. For every LG there's a Skacel.

It's Christmas and I feel sorry for him.

Nuff said?

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Excellent post 

Thank you and well done to the mod(s) that cleaned up the thread. 

Hopefully now now we can focus energies to wishing the man, currently at his lowest ebb, a full recovery from his demons. 

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Thank you and well done to the mod(s) that cleaned up the thread. 

Hopefully now now we can focus energies to wishing the man, currently at his lowest ebb, a full recovery from his demons. 

:thumbsup: good luck Leigh, strength to your elbow

J.T.F.Robertson

I've no idea if he genuinely "hates" Hearts, or otherwise, and don't particularly care. I have noticed (on more than just the one occasion) instances where he has made light of a situation / offered "sympathy" to an opponent when there was no obligation to do so. Doesn't excuse the racist shit (trying too hard to live up to his daft mates' expectations, I suspect) but has made me think the guy is far from the devil incarnate he is often portrayed to be on here.

FWIW, I don't wish him any ill.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Griffiths is obviously no saint and has some dark sides to his personality. Nevertheless, I can forgive him anything for those two free kicks against England at Hampden, the best buzz I've ever had at a game (biggest buzzkill came just seconds later) so all the best to him for a full recovery.

And anyway, if we get any promising free-kicks against Belgium we need someone to take them..

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Bit of a physchiatrist are we?along with your many other imagined talents,away and play with yourself dork with the mock outrage.

One doesn't need a degree in PSYCHOLOGY to see you have issues. 

However, any kind of basic English course would help you greatly.

I don’t like him. His racist behaviour sealed that. I am not about to start making myself like him because he has mental health issues though. I hope he manages to deal with those issues, as I don’t dislike him enough to wish death upon him, and that’s where these things can sometimes lead in extreme cases. I would like to see him overcome those issues, as I would anybody else. I think that he is a very unlikeable character though and I don’t think his mental health issues of “upbringing” are an adequate excuse for things he has done. Imo.

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Well said, especially the part about the heavy burden, I hope LG gets help and in turn helps others.

Fantastic post.

Take a bow sir :clap:

I have beither fondness nor respect for Griffiths as a person, but your post is spot on.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I don’t like him. His racist behaviour sealed that. I am not about to start making myself like him because he has mental health issues though. I hope he manages to deal with those issues, as I don’t dislike him enough to wish death upon him, and that’s where these things can sometimes lead in extreme cases. I would like to see him overcome those issues, as I would anybody else. I think that he is a very unlikeable character though and I don’t think his mental health issues of “upbringing” are an adequate excuse for things he has done. Imo.

Couldn't have put it better.

14 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m glad to tell you, as sole arbiter of what constitutes a PHM, that you are alright.

I hope the lad gets better.

Strange that a few are quick to condemn Griffiths as a racist yet a good number rallied to the defence of Section N , who often behave far worse. Before we slag others off we need to get our own house in order and get back to the family club that the great Wallace Mercer nurtured.

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Strange that a few are quick to condemn Griffiths as a racist yet a good number rallied to the defence of Section N , who often behave far worse. Before we slag others off we need to get our own house in order and get back to the family club that the great Wallace Mercer nurtured.

Not really. I think you may be falling in to that common trap of thinking that comments on JKB are agreed upon by committee and the unanimous opinion of all. Not going to bother checking, but I’m willing to make an educated guess that there is a high probability those who are condemning him as a racist wee bawbag, have also called out the racist element in our support.

Sorry. I just don’t like racists and I care not a jot what colour of scarf or strip they wear, nor what church they do or do not regularly attend.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

6 minutes ago, Prof said:

All of what you are saying here is nonsense. 

23 minutes ago, Prof said:

We condemn racists in our own support, and we condemn racists like Griffiths. There is no hypocrisy here.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

I reckon it's actually the opposite. There will be many condemning the accused youngsters from section N and branding them scum of the earth etc but willing to show how much of a great human being they are by forgiving The Thumb for bring a racist wee bassa. And you can spot the shallow Scotland fans who forgive him because he scored against England.

It's not a one off with this guy. He has a list as long as your arm of being a dick and scummy behaviour.

We are all responsible for our own actions. His have caught up with him. 

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I reckon it's actually the opposite. There will be many condemning the accused youngsters from section N and branding them scum of the earth etc but willing to show how much of a great human being they are by forgiving The Thumb for bring a racist wee bassa. And you can spot the shallow Scotland fans who forgive him because he scored against England.

It's not a one off with this guy. He has a list as long as your arm of being a dick and scummy behaviour.

We are all responsible for our own actions. His have caught up with him. 

Show me where that has happened, Ron. Intrigued...

Last weekend I spent 15 minutes talking to a 19 year old homeless lad sleeping outside a shop in Stirling town centre who has been homeless since he was 14, he's from Bonnyrigg. He was desperately pleading for money but not for food. He was alarmingly honest, he needs money for drugs to get him through the night. In 5 years he has had an offer of 1 night in a hostel, he simply said " there is no help for people like me otherwise they would have helped me when I was homeless at 14 - I gave him a tenner right or wrong I was heartbroken in that moment.

Now to Griffiths, I have not an ounce of sympathy or concern for whatever he is going through. He has had every opportunity in life thrown at him to be a multi millionaire with a wonderful life, hero worshiped. He had a choice and chose to go down the wrong road. As far as I am concerned he can be penniless, homeless and I would not give a second thought for him. Whatever he is suffering is self inflicted BUT of-course will now be mollycoddled and a hero of the cause - Whilst the 19 year old is waiting to die sleeping outside a shop , he has had no chances and been destitute since he was 14, so Griffiths GTF and whatever happens remember it's self-inflicted and deserves zero sympathy from anyone

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, hhgh1973 said:

Last weekend I spent 15 minutes talking to a 19 year old homeless lad sleeping outside a shop in Stirling town centre who has been homeless since he was 14, he's from Bonnyrigg. He was desperately pleading for money but not for food. He was alarmingly honest, he needs money for drugs to get him through the night. In 5 years he has had an offer of 1 night in a hostel, he simply said " there is no help for people like me otherwise they would have helped me when I was homeless at 14 - I gave him a tenner right or wrong I was heartbroken in that moment.

Now to Griffiths, I have not an ounce of sympathy or concern for whatever he is going through. He has had every opportunity in life thrown at him to be a multi millionaire with a wonderful life, hero worshiped. He had a choice and chose to go down the wrong road. As far as I am concerned he can be penniless, homeless and I would not give a second thought for him. Whatever he is suffering is self inflicted BUT of-course will now be mollycoddled and a hero of the cause - Whilst the 19 year old is waiting to die sleeping outside a shop , he has had no chances and been destitute since he was 14, so Griffiths GTF and whatever happens remember it's self-inflicted and deserves zero sympathy from anyone

Well said 

16 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Show me where that has happened, Ron. Intrigued...

Have a look through the 30 pages of guff about racist behaviour then cross refer, I reckon you have the time.

It should have been ten
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Though I wish no harm I will spare my sympathies for those deserving 

Pretty much where I am about this 

1 minute ago, hhgh1973 said:

I fully support trying to guide people towards help with addiction and mental health issues. If a person seeks that help out, I think we should have an adequate system in place to help them. I recently did something similar to you for a homeless guy in Edinburgh. Despite what I have just said, I have two further comments to make on the subject:

1) If I decide to give a homeless person money, then I genuinely don’t mind if they decide to spend it on drink or other drugs. Entirely their choice, and if it helps them feel a wee bit better for even five minutes, then okay.

2) I don’t like Leigh Griffiths because he is a racist wee arsehole. I hope he sorts out his own demons, but I will not be rushing to offer him sympathy for his self-destructive demons, until he tackles the demons that cause him to abuse others.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Have a look through the 30 pages of guff about racist behaviour then cross refer, I reckon you have the time.

Oh... so you’re actually just talking shite, and driving an agenda? Cool. ?

16 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This.

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Any excuse to slate our own fans these days...

11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yeah i have an agenda that all racists should be treated equally.

14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He did start his statement with 'I reckon.....' which kinda quantified what he went on to say as being a matter of opinion rather than cold hard fact.

His agent must be doing a very good job for him, it might be an idea to try and strike a deal for him to follow Brown in a supposed move to Australia. 

Steven Naismith out there plating up meals for the homeless.

Leigh Griffiths out there blowing thousands at the bookies and banging bingo up his hooter. 

Think I’ll pass up on the well wishes.

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah i have an agenda that all racists should be treated equally.

Nah. Your agenda comes across more as Hearts’ racists should be treated with more sympathy because they happen to follow the same football team as us. In my opinion of course... seeing as how there is no obvious evidence to back up your assumptions that folk are offering more sympathy towards Griffiths compared to the wankers in our support. Again, all in my opinion obviously... Just what I reckon y’know.

8 minutes ago, Erik said:

He did start his statement with 'I reckon.....' which kinda quantified what he went on to say as being a matter of opinion rather than cold hard fact.

Cool. I reckon he’s not particularly fussy about people being racist, and that he places who someone supports above their behaviour.

I wish him no ill will especially and have no particular appetite to see him suffer.     But I definitely don't want to see the good wishes of Hearts fans thrown back in their faces by future behaviour,   once he is 'better'.       

I would wish him all the very best if I knew for a fact he appreciated our goodwill.