The Arfield Red

Erik

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20181203_104918.jpg

Difference being that one involving the Celtic player was a horrible accident. 

Arfield meant that. No question. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busby1985

• Mikey1874

• Unknown user

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

highlandjambo3
30 minutes ago, Dinger said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you look at the reaction in the crowd as the boot goes in, you would be led to believe they were very pleased with that challenge......scum

the jambo poet

a total shocker!!

The incident should never have come about as  Morelos was offiside when he hit his shot after Bobby's initial save.

more incompetence from the officials who thought it was simply going to be a tap in.

6 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Whatever you're on you need to seriously cut the dose.

How Bobby didn't sustain a serious injury is beyond me.

It is disturbing the number of people on here who are leaning towards the "Nothing to see here" line, they are either:

A - Hobbits trolling

B - Wannabe Huns

C - Half-wits.

He was punished for it by being sent off. Cause I don’t think anything more should be made of it I am either a hobo (class patter), a hun (even better patter) or a half wit ?? kickback at its best. Can we not have a D option for snowflake? 

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Difference being that one involving the Celtic player was a horrible accident. 

Arfield meant that. No question. 

Yes. I didn't want to imply Sam English the Rangers player then was at fault.

But seeing it just now above reminded me right away of the John Thomson clash. It was different. Arfield sprinted 10 yards with no chance of competing for the ball. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

He was punished for it by being sent off. Cause I don’t think anything more should be made of it I am either a hobo (class patter), a hun (even better patter) or a half wit ?? kickback at its best. Can we not have a D option for snowflake? 

You might know about it if you got someone's knee in your face.  

38 minutes ago, Dinger said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He was off his feet and sliding just after the 6 yard line.  He was totally out of control with that lunge and endangered a fellow professional.  That should be a 5 game ban as a minimum but will be lucky to get a 3 game one.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You might know about it if you got someone's knee in your face.  

Bobby never got kneed in the face, he never got seriously injured and the horrible challenge was punished. What else do people want? If we start going on about what ifs then we could easily look at the Clare challenge and say “if he doesn’t touch the ball that’s a leg breaker” or “if he’s a little higher” etc etc. Yes it was a bad challenge, 100% red card. Am arguing that he never purposely slid in to hurt bobby, he’s not that type of player or guy. He made an arse of it and was punished accordingly. 

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes. I didn't want to imply Sam English the Rangers player then was at fault.

But seeing it just now above reminded me right away of the John Thomson clash. It was different. Arfield sprinted 10 yards with no chance of competing for the ball. 

No I know you didn't. I understand you were showing what can happen. 

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

He was off his feet and sliding just after the 6 yard line.  He was totally out of control with that lunge and endangered a fellow professional.  That should be a 5 game ban as a minimum but will be lucky to get a 3 game one.

Probably get the red card rescinded. 

20 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Imagine the reaction if that had been, let’s say, Uche on Allan McGregor.

Aye, exactly.

This 100 percent.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Bobby never got kneed in the face, he never got seriously injured and the horrible challenge was punished. What else do people want? If we start going on about what ifs then we could easily look at the Clare challenge and say “if he doesn’t touch the ball that’s a leg breaker” or “if he’s a little higher” etc etc. Yes it was a bad challenge, 100% red card. Am arguing that he never purposely slid in to hurt bobby, he’s not that type of player or guy. He made an arse of it and was punished accordingly. 

After the De Jong challenge on Alonso (into his chest) in the 2010 World Cup Final there was a move by FIFA and referees to punish dangerous high challenges. Since then less has been allowed.

But like most things they fall back and revert to getting away with things. 

Anything around the head should be a red card. But this is certainly worthy of considering for more punishment.

He could have killed him. 

Since I mentioned it

Psychedelicropcircle

Seen every other ***** in blue taking liberties minus the punishment & thought let’s be in.

I can handle a defeat but on a level playing field. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Madden was clearly gutted sending him off too, and right away the commentator stated that they'd had word from an official at Hampden that it should only have been a yellow, what the actual ****? 

Whoever the official at Hampden was who made that comment, should never be allowed to referee a football match again. Yet more evidence of the utter incompetence of officials in our game.

Edited by Jambo66

One of the few decisions the officials got right yesterday which tells you how bad the challenge was. Even those cheating *******s couldn't ignore it.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Dont talk shite, I’ve knew Scott since he was a kid. He isn’t a ‘thug’ at all, it was a stupid tackle and definite red but he isn’t the type to deliberately hurt someone.

Given the extra steps he took before he launched himself and after the ball was under control, what other possible reason is there?

Sorry, but that there should be a season long ban, and he should not be allowed anywhere near a football pitch for the rest of the 2018/19 season.

He absolutely knew what he was about to do, and deliberately went in to smash through the goalkeeper with the intent of the ball going into the back of the net, regardless of the keeper needing to go with it or not. 

It's about the most dangerous thing I've ever seen someone do on a pitch, and he very well could have fractured Bobby's skull or broken his neck.  The potential for an absolutely horrific injury from something like that is mental, and we're lucky that nothing bad came from that.  A few inches to the side, and he could be taking a knee to the temple, or in the eyes, and it's game over at that point.

Look at what happened to Petr Cech in 2006 - that was nowhere near as bad, or intentional, as yesterday, and he nearly ****ing died.  12 years later, he still wears a rugby scrum cap when he plays.

That could have been much worse yesterday.

Anyone that thinks it's an overreaction, feel free to lie face down on the ground, and someone from JKB can sprint in and slide tackle you in the puss and see how you feel about it then.

Edited by tian447

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bobby did well to put his head behind the ball for a bit of protection. 

You have to give Bobby huge credit for bracing himself to take the hit. He saw it coming and kept the ball in play.

I am a little surprised that he did not remove Arfields head from his shoulders when he got up. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

If you look at the reaction in the crowd as the boot goes in, you would be led to believe they were very pleased with that challenge......scum

The crowds reaction was in celebration of a goal, Arfield also lifted his hand as if to claim a goal.

Seymour M Hersh

Why are folk suggesting he slides in? He clearly lunges in with both feet of the deck for a short time. Horrible assault by a horrible thug. Having said that sevco will no doubt appeal ad he'll get off with a yellow. 

58 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Whoever the official at Hampden was who made that comment, should never be allowed to referee a football match again. Yet more evidence of the utter incompetence of officials in our game.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Madden was clearly gutted sending him off too, and right away the commentator stated that they'd had word from an official at Hampden that it should only have been a yellow, what the actual ****? 

The commentator said it was the BT ref that said it was a yellow,  (ie: ex ref that gives his opinion on decisions)  they had him stationed at Hampden for the cup final, It is Not an actual SFA ref from Hampden.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Erik said:

Apologies if i'm about to say this having missed a thread already or if its something which has been covered in other threads - but i'm actually a bit surprised that this incident hasn't merited a lengthy thread of its own.

One of the most inexplicably horrendous challenges I've seen in a long time. What on earth was he thinking?! I like to think (read as hope) that he hasn't gone in there with any intentions of hurting Zlamal, but I honestly am struggling to think of any other reason than exactly that.

Gerrard said Arfield started his challenge when ZZ had one hand on the ball, shows how little he knows about the rules as it doesn’t matter if it’s one or two. They were laughing at how bad the challenge was on SSN today and Danny Mills said even he hadn’t made as bad a challenge as that in his career. Can you imagine if it was Macgregor that had been challenged like that, punished as much as the letter of the law permits.

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gerrard said Arfield started his challenge when ZZ had one hand on the ball, shows how little he knows about the rules as it doesn’t matter if it’s one or two. 

I must admit to not knowing the rule but the Manager of any club, let alone, The Rangers should know. 

The SFA should after this incident and in light of SG's comments invite all SPL mangers to a meeting to explain the rules. 

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Theres people on here saying it was a yellow! Or evidence that Madden isn’t a cheating Hun prick...

:cornette:

It was the most corrupt performance since the Dallas/Davis roadshow. 

‘Rangers’ fans arguing that he wasn’t a cheat because he sent Arfield off!! What choice did he have?  I bet it ****ing broke his heart pulling that card out.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I must admit to not knowing the rule but the Manager of any club, let alone, The Rangers should know. 

The SFA should after this incident and in light of SG's comments invite all SPL mangers to a meeting to explain the rules. 

I only know because it happened in  our game at Motherwell last season with McLaughlin.

He didn’t try and nick the ball with his toes to slide it in.

He led with his ****ing knees and started the slide into Bobby after it was clear that Bobby had control of the ball.

I don’t care if any Hearts fan changed his ****ing nappies as a baby - it was the tackle of a coward and a complete a shop front of a player.

If you slide into another players head with your knees you’re subhuman scum IMO.

Edited by Jammy T

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

It was the most corrupt performance since the Dallas/Davis roadshow. 

‘Rangers’ fans arguing that he wasn’t a cheat because he sent Arfield off!! What choice did he have?  I bet it ****ing broke his heart pulling that card out.

You can see it in his face. When Rangers players complained to him during the game he listened intently, when it was Berra his demeanour was completely different.

Bit surprised the referee didn't take that opportunity to give them another goal. 

Job done by the end though I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That doesn't look very pretty, but I reckon it was more a rush of blood than any intention  to hurt Bobby. 

I am far more angry at Madden than I am at Arfield to be frank. 

Bobby clearly takes a full blow as you see him slide to a stop to get the ball then is smashed by Arfield and slides back further, disgraceful challenge one you would expect from non pro's with a grudge.

More angry with Arfield as he could have hospitalized our Keeper.

Feck the three points when it comes to a players health.

Edited by Neon
Wine

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That doesn't look very pretty, but I reckon it was more a rush of blood than any intention  to hurt Bobby. 

I am far more angry at Madden than I am at Arfield to be frank. 

It was an abysmal assault

Bobby had it in full control and Arfield was not even in the 6 yard box.

He sprinted in, then flew at him knees first with both feet off the ground.

A standard ban will not be adequate for that

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Theres people on here saying it was a yellow! Or evidence that Madden isn’t a cheating Hun prick...

:cornette:

It's a straight red. And even a cheating ref couldn't not send him off. 

2 hours ago, Miko said:

You always get the "He's not that kind of player" guff after a coward goes out and does something like that.

The reality is if you make that type of challenge then you ARE that kind of player. 

The lack of comment from the little thug and the comments from Gerrard tell you all you need to know about the type of people that institution employ

This.

2 hours ago, Miko said:

It looks even worse when you see when/where he starts the slide in that top GIF. He could have caused some serious damage and should be looking at 5 games minimum. People talk about wanting to improve Scottish football then it's players like that little thug that we need to be getting rid off

Surely seeing he got a red at the time, there's no "case" (in the SFA/SPFL's view) for any other punishment ?.

2 hours ago, El Diez said:

Imagine the reaction if that had been, let’s say, Uche on Allan McGregor.

Aye, exactly.

Or the other way round … oh … wait.

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Dangerous and reckless Arsefield new exactly what he was doing.

Hopefully he returns the compliment later in the season. Artfield through on goal , ball chest high. Keeper challenges with his knees up . Lights out.