13 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Tourists are pricks and foreigners are shite. That is all 

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Nigel is a prick and bigots are shite. That is all

Awww c’mon, make your mind up ????

6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Nigel is a prick and bigots are shite. That is all

:mw_rolleyes:

Yep - there was the subtlest whiff of irony surrounding my post, apparently endorsing the views you expressed...   :whistling:

Missed yesterday as I was down in Manchester for a U2 gig and took in the City v Burnley game.

I wouldn't be surprised if half their crowd were tourists.  Great match day experience though pre game with live music and entertainment outside the ground.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Missed yesterday as I was down in Manchester for a U2 gig and took in the City v Burnley game.

I wouldn't be surprised if half their crowd were tourists.  Great match day experience though pre game with live music and entertainment outside the ground.

Was in Northumberland so missed the game.I took in Newcastle game.Good day out.As an aside I saw a young lady with a hearts top on.If you're on here well done.

Blackford Hearts
4 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

had a guy from New York sitting next to me yesterday. On a 5 day trip to Scotland. One day in Edinburgh and 4 days in Kelso to do some shooting. He said it's his third trip and he always takes in a Hearts game when he's over. Nice guy. 

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

Why weren't they publicly beheaded on the center circle? We've gone soft

Wrong method of killing but maybe we’ve got our guy? 

Blackford Hearts

had a guy from New York sitting next to me yesterday. On a 5 day trip to Scotland. One day in Edinburgh and 4 days in Kelso to do some shooting. He said it's his third trip and he always takes in a Hearts game when he's over. Nice guy. 

Blackford Hearts

Blackford Hearts

Blackford Hearts

5 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Death by multiple posts!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
5 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Saw a half 'n half at the game yesterday, funnily enough.

Bet it wasn't a Hearts/Aberdeen one though.

Jambo_in_Madrid

Talking of foreign Hearts fans, this is a photo of my laddies coming home from football training in Madrid earlier in the year, they are huge Hearts fans and have loved the passion at Tynecastle whenever we've been there. I also have a number of mates from Spain, Argentina and Switzerland who all take a passing interest in Hearts these days, maybe we'll see some taking in a Hearts game in the future.

Hearts in Madrid.jpg

Edited by Jambo_in_Madrid

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s crazy over the years that Hearts haven’t done more to get the tourists in. It’s the big advantage we have being in Edinburgh. Thousands of tourists seeing the Heart of Midlothian on the World Heritage site Royal Mile every day, our club crest. We should take more advantage of that and maybe have a club rep standing around that area selling tickets. You have all those fuds selling tickets to their haunted ghost tour pish, why not the football club a much more integral part of the fabric of our city. Those neutrals who like their football would have loved that game yesterday.

I agree very strongly with this. 

Even now now that we’re full most weeks, there’s lot of potential for selling hospitality to visitors.

and unlike the ghost tour pish, it will give people something to remember 

1 hour ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Bloody shit myself when i seen 5 notifications. Was thinking shit what have i said to upset people ?

I notice there was a German guy looking to get 8 tickets for the Hearts end for the semi on Facebook but he couldn't as doesn't have a purchase history! Think they are over for the weekend. 

I presume it's only the high risk fixtures where you need a purchase history? I can understand why (Don't want any tims in beside us!) But seems a shame they can't get to see the game.

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Bet it wasn't a Hearts/Aberdeen one though.

The shitey half was definitely red though.

There was dozens of guys up from Manchester too, I think. They were all cheering loudly at the telly in the fans bar before the match.

Dr Ian Malcolm
6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Atmosphere was great. As someone else said I’m not sure what has happened to the SSO. Lower H virtually empty with about 15 people in it. No banner and no flags either. Bit strange.

Also kind of torpedos their argument that they're needed to help the atmosphere. As always, big games and good performances means it naturally takes care of itself.

Saw a guy with a Atlanta United top on at the St Mirren 4-1 game. 

The potential tourist crowd surely would be put off with the walk up price of £30 a ticket yesterday, no?

There was an American couple looking a bit lost so I had a look at their tickets and they were at the other end of the row.

They seemed a bit concerned that they would have to go all the way back down and round rather than just ask people to let them through.

55 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Also kind of torpedos their argument that they're needed to help the atmosphere. As always, big games and good performances means it naturally takes care of itself.

My conclusion too. Would love to hear what’s happened to the singing section @HMFCSSO?

All roads lead to Gorgie

I still think an outlet in the city centre in a better location than where we tried before in the then rundown St James Centre would pay. Tourists were unlikely to find it there but somewhere like the Waverley Station, if the rent wasn't over the top, could be a great way to reach a new and growing market.

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I still think an outlet in the city centre in a better location than where we tried before in the then rundown St James Centre would pay. Tourists were unlikely to find it there but somewhere like the Waverley Station, if the rent wasn't over the top, could be a great way to reach a new and growing market.

Totally agree. If we’re talking about going after the tourist market, which is where the money is, then a shop on or off the Royal Mile is where to go.

The old shop in St James was hidden away and I would forget it was even there tbh. You could tell it wasn’t going to last.

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I notice there was a German guy looking to get 8 tickets for the Hearts end for the semi on Facebook but he couldn't as doesn't have a purchase history! Think they are over for the weekend. 

I presume it's only the high risk fixtures where you need a purchase history? I can understand why (Don't want any tims in beside us!) But seems a shame they can't get to see the game.

Got a link? I’ll hapilly sort him out with a login. 

I think the rules around purchase history with this game is due to the fact Celtic are likely to sell out and you’d have their fans trying to get tickets in our end. 

Did I read recently that students were getting a discount for matches at Tynie? If so hope the club are advertising this fact in the notice boards at the uniiversity at Riccarton. Literaly thousands there from all over the world at the the moment.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Totally agree. If we’re talking about going after the tourist market, which is where the money is, then a shop on or off the Royal Mile is where to go.

The old shop in St James was hidden away and I would forget it was even there tbh. You could tell it wasn’t going to last.

I would imagine the business rates are very high close to the Royal Mile but if possible we found a good affordable location then our history having been formed close to the Tron and the name of the club itself would appeal to the visitors who flock to the area.

24 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Was saying exactly the same thing to another Kickbacker at the plot ceremony today. You don’t need fabricated ‘ultra style’ supporter groups for atmosphere, all you need is a good team and a good full stadium.

16 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Got a link? I’ll hapilly sort him out with a login. 

I think the rules around purchase history with this game is due to the fact Celtic are likely to sell out and you’d have their fans trying to get tickets in our end. 

Yeah. I presumed it was due to the high risk of their fans buying in our end.

On the "heartofmidlothianfc" Facebook page, they've added an event for the semi. The picture is #seaofmaroon. I was thinking they may have been able to contact the club, explain their situation and get sorted out that way. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
5 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

There was also an "Edinburgh Uni Dons" flag in their section. Is there a Hearts Supporters' Club at any university?

They must be the jannies

41 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Good shout. Fringe had a ticket outlet at Waverley for the duration of the festival.

6 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

There was also an "Edinburgh Uni Dons" flag in their section. Is there a Hearts Supporters' Club at any university?

Wasn't sure which part made them bigger arseholes, the fact they support Aberdeen or the fact that everyone I've met to go to Edinburgh uni is an absolute uppety wank

52 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Needs something adjacent to this;

008020BD-C9B1-426F-9D95-AE57708A6B34.jpeg

Had a young lad from Finland sitting next to me in the Gorgie stand yesterday, he was on a weekend trip to Edinburgh, he was blown away by the atmosphere and 100 mph Scottish game . 

Think it might pay the Club to have flyers printed and distributed around all the hotels and usual spots where the flyers for tourists attractions are there to pick up. Wrote a while to Club on this but didn't receive a reply. Doesn't cost very much. even mocked up a folded one as an example. Still think it's worth a go. 

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Had a young lad from Finland sitting next to me in the Gorgie stand yesterday, he was on a weekend trip to Edinburgh, he was blown away by the atmosphere and 100 mph Scottish game . 

i think a lot of tourists would like to share that experience 

this is already a big earner for some London clubs and it could be for us, too?

38 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I would imagine the business rates are very high close to the Royal Mile but if possible we found a good affordable location then our history having been formed close to the Tron and the name of the club itself would appeal to the visitors who flock to the area.

Wouldn’t need to be a big space. You have a few high-end and a few low-end products on sale, tops and scarves mostly. Keep it primarily to sell tickets, provide them with a map with a recommendation to visit the bar and club shop beforehand. 

You would get a few with deep pockets going for hospitality as well. 

At the moment, any tourist wanting to go to a game while they’re here really needs to their own research. There’s nothing around the city advertising that Hearts (or Hibs) really exists.

Contrast that with other countries, you see adverts on the metro/subway etc all the time for the local team. 

I’m in London a fair bit for work and Arsenal advertise really well, with ads for stadium tours etc.  

Hibs actually have more to gain with their swathes of empty seats. We’d run the danger of not being able to satisfy demand with tickets... until we fill in the corners obviously ?

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’d love to see the trip advisor reviews after a game like yesterday, any visitors hit pretty close to the jackpot! 

One of those games where you feel as a supporter you’ve helped win the game.

6 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've never heard of any football team having a club at a university but it is a good idea if you are not in the same location as the team.

19 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I've never heard of any football team having a club at a university but it is a good idea if you are not in the same location as the team.

Celtic had one at Edinburgh University when I was there.

43 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Wasn't sure which part made them bigger arseholes, the fact they support Aberdeen or the fact that everyone I've met to go to Edinburgh uni is an absolute uppety wank

Everybody? Gordon Brown, Ian Rankin, etc.

One of the university's former rectors lobbing Jim Leighton:

image.png.9d764939680fb17f6aba736937153fbf.png

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Everybody? Gordon Brown, Ian Rankin, etc.

One of the university's former rectors lobbing Jim Leighton:

image.png.9d764939680fb17f6aba736937153fbf.png

In my defence, I did state it was only the ones I'd personally met.

You'll obviously have the good there somewhere...and then you'll encounter the 'Edinburgh Uni Dons' 

9 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Atmosphere was great. As someone else said I’m not sure what has happened to the SSO. Lower H virtually empty with about 15 people in it. No banner and no flags either. Bit strange.

The singing section was the least populated area of Tynie yesterday! :gok: 

If it wasn't for them the place would have sold out. People just don't want to sit there next to that god-awful drum!

Atmosphere ALWAYS takes care of itself depending on the game.

Blackford Hearts

Bloody shit myself when i seen 5 notifications. Was thinking shit what have i said to upset people ?

Ha ha. No offence taken! 

That’ll teach me to try and multi quote on my phone!