• Alex Kintner

• Blackford Hearts

• Toggie88

• Gorgiewave

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The singing section was the least populated area of Tynie yesterday! :gok: 

If it wasn't for them the place would have sold out. People just don't want to sit there next to that god-awful drum!

Atmosphere ALWAYS takes care of itself depending on the game.

Exactly. Which is why I was giving it the full-on :cornette: when soneone suggested the atmosphere at games this season was only because the singing section had “galvanised” the fans! :rofl:

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Over the last few seasons there has been a marked rise in tourist visits to Tynecastle. A lot of German tourists. I think our game against schalke in 2004 played a part in this plus the WW1 history. With regards Belgian, Dutch and Swiss tourists. Again I think our Europa League participation in 2004 has played it's part as in the away support we took to Basle and Rotterdam impressed the locals.

Schalke have a hearts supporters club called iron blue which myself and another poster are involved in. They came over for the UEFA cup game in 2004 and loved the hearts fans passion in and around gorgie and the stadium. Every year they try and come over for a game And we try and go to a game in Germany. We have about 40- 50 members at the moment. The last game of the German season last season a poster on here was on the pitch at half time doing an interview about the hearts schalke link up which was put on their official website. We also done a tour in may in gelsenkirchen  and they taught us the history of schalke and the town and took us to their first ever stadium which was phenomenal 

Just as towns have twin towns abroad we should twin with a foreign team who don’t play in Europe very often and arrange for our support to go over for a match every season.

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Exactly. Which is why I was giving it the full-on :cornette: when soneone suggested the atmosphere at games this season was only because the singing section had “galvanised” the fans! :rofl:

:gok: Bloody Sweetie rustler!!! 

I say welcome them all. Who are we to dictate who should and shouldn't visit our great club to watch a game of football.................or soccer ?

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

:gok: Bloody Sweetie rustler!!! 

I prefer to refer to myself as a “hand-sitting snowflake” thank you very much! ??

10 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Schalke have a hearts supporters club called iron blue which myself and another poster are involved in. They came over for the UEFA cup game in 2004 and loved the hearts fans passion in and around gorgie and the stadium. Every year they try and come over for a game And we try and go to a game in Germany. We have about 40- 50 members at the moment. The last game of the German season last season a poster on here was on the pitch at half time doing an interview about the hearts schalke link up which was put on their official website. We also done a tour in may in gelsenkirchen  and they taught us the history of schalke and the town and took us to their first ever stadium which was phenomenal 

https://schalke04.de/en/inside-en/04-fan-friendship-questions-iron-blue-heidelberg-hearts/

1 hour ago, robroy1874 said:

Think it might pay the Club to have flyers printed and distributed around all the hotels and usual spots where the flyers for tourists attractions are there to pick up. Wrote a while to Club on this but didn't receive a reply. Doesn't cost very much. even mocked up a folded one as an example. Still think it's worth a go. 

I've thought this for years as well. A reasonable percentage of a Real Madrid crowd is made up of tourists - maybe 5-10%.

Students are, of course, the other source of large influxes of people into Edinburgh. I think plenty of people who support an English team, for example, could be persuades to take up Hearts for the duration of their degree.

Hearts should always have an obvious presence in central Edinburgh, be it posters, a shop or whatever.

22 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've thought this for years as well. A reasonable percentage of a Real Madrid crowd is made up of tourists - maybe 5-10%.

Students are, of course, the other source of large influxes of people into Edinburgh. I think plenty of people who support an English team, for example, could be persuades to take up Hearts for the duration of their degree.

Hearts should always have an obvious presence in central Edinburgh, be it posters, a shop or whatever.

I'm always willing to meet up with anyone more tech savvy than I (and we certainly have some good ones ) and help mock one up for the Club to consider

An American visitor sat beside me at the match v Aberdeen, he came from Portland, Oregon, he told me his local team Portland Timbers had Kris Boyd playing for them a while back, he described him as being terrible and totally unfit, I told him that Boyd wasn't too popular around these parts either, he asked me why there were so few Aberdeen fans at the match, I said it was quite a distance for them to come, this amused him, he said that their local Derby was with a team 150 miles away and that there was always a big travelling support between the two clubs, nice guy, he was on his feet cheering when we scored.

larbert_jambo
2 hours ago, DVB said:

Just as towns have twin towns abroad we should twin with a foreign team who don’t play in Europe very often and arrange for our support to go over for a match every season.

Stenhousemuir used to have a group of Norwegian guys who came over for a game or two a season. Not sure if they still do or why they chose Stenny.

will-i-am-a-jambo
13 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Stenhousemuir used to have a group of Norwegian guys who came over for a game or two a season. Not sure if they still do or why they chose Stenny.

Think l read somewhere that Stenhousemuir means 'house' in Norwegian which they find amusing apparently but l could be mistaken (on the meaning of stenhousemuir in Norwegian l mean).

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

:pleasing:

55 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Think l read somewhere that Stenhousemuir means 'house' in Norwegian which they find amusing apparently but l could be mistaken (on the meaning of stenhousemuir in Norwegian l mean).

Stenhus would translate as stonehouse and mur is wall. 

Now...given that Norwegian dwelling houses are predominantly wooden then the 'stone house' would be most likely to be their outdoor lavvy.

So Stenhousemuir is a shitehoose wall. I guess the Norskies have a sense of humour.

Disclaimer - I may have taken a liberty or two with Google translate... :lol:

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Google translate? I'd have thought 18th century Nordig was the Sunday vernacular up your manor, Boof.

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Its pretty much the same with RWD Molenbeek in Brussels, they make up the majority of Brussels/Belgium Hearts. To my shame I'm going to watch them play Knokke this coming Saturday, when we booked it we down to play at Dens, never been back since that day in 86. Several of the guys are driving up to the Dam to fly over for the semi, cos it involves me and the Mrs it was just too expensive too change our plans

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

There was dozens of guys up from Manchester too, I think. They were all cheering loudly at the telly in the fans bar before the match.

They were in before the st johnstone game, too. I think one of them was man u's number 1 fan. 

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They were in before the st johnstone game, too. I think one of them was man u's number 1 fan. 

Yep. It’s great that our wee club has such appeal amongst fans of rich EPL clubs. So much so that they will head up here to watch Hearts whilst their club is playing down in England.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yep. It’s great that our wee club has such appeal amongst fans of rich EPL clubs. So much so that they will head up here to watch Hearts whilst their club is playing down in England.

No, pretty sure they're local. One's just a massive man u fan (the bearded one). 

I think that's why the Chelsea equaliser got such a big cheer. 

:thumbsup:

will-i-am-a-jambo
8 hours ago, Boof said:

Now...given that Norwegian dwelling houses are predominantly wooden then the 'stone house' would be most likely to be their outdoor lavvy.

So Stenhousemuir is a shitehoose wall. I guess the Norskies have a sense of humour.

Cheers Boof, l knew l didn't quite have the translation quite right - was just going by my (fading) memory!

Don't laugh - a couple of Japanese lads turned up at a Kirkie Rob Roy game last season. Seemed to enjoy the experience, tucked into pies, took lots of photies. How they chose one of our games I have no idea but at least it was an authentic Scottish cultural experience.

In the Juniors the only regular tourists we get are the Groundhoppers. Mostly from down south, generally look a bit like trainspotters (long, not-too-clean hair, Calum Gilhooley anoraks, shoulder bags, always put their programme in a plastic bag as soon as they buy it...). You'll get loads of them at Tynie as well.

Edited by kirkierobroy

13 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Had a young lad from Finland sitting next to me in the Gorgie stand yesterday, he was on a weekend trip to Edinburgh, he was blown away by the atmosphere and 100 mph Scottish game . 

You say young...he wasnae 28 was he?

Herman the German comes to Tynecastle and says we're the GFITW and you all lap it up. Next week they'll be at Hibs saying exactly the same :laugh2:

Ive always thought that Hearts/Hibs should get together and have a booth or something on the royal mile selling tickets/merchandise to tourists. (sharing the costs)

We are at home different weekends so  there wouldn't really be cross over, could be open thursday/friday before games.

On 21/10/2018 at 10:01, i8hibsh said:

Never made it to the game, was the atmosphere good? I am sure the young team were on top form as usual.

They were trying their best but there was only about 10-20 of them unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They were trying their best but there was only about 10-20 of them unfortunately.

I've been hearing that.  Really hope they have not given up as they are a breath of fresh air.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I've been hearing that.  Really hope they have not given up as they are a breath of fresh air.

:rofl:

Because they hate the woman running our club?

11 hours ago, Boof said:

My favourite Norwegian word is rumpatrolls which is what they tadpoles.

mickycameron98

Took my girlfriend for her 1st trip to Tynecastle on Saturday. She's Brazilian and she loved the stadium and atmosphere . Swearing at the Ref in Portuguese at one point haha

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

:rofl:

Because they hate the woman running our club?

Have they had complaints?  Seems to be all very above board and savoury from the few times I have been this season.

38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Have they had complaints?  Seems to be all very above board and savoury from the few times I have been this season.

I think even they have now realised it’s a problem that does not exist. It’s always been the same at Tynie: play well and atmosphere will follow. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I think even they have now realised it’s a problem that does not exist. It’s always been the same at Tynie: play well and atmosphere will follow. 

It is the flags and the drum I liked.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is the flags and the drum I liked.

Yeah I liked their maroon and white flags and that big banner. But they don’t take them to Tynie apparantly, or that I’ve seen. 

stirlingshirejambo
On 20/10/2018 at 20:25, Elshin said:

It was a great shot on goal but an unbelievable save.  Best keeper in a long time   

16 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

My son is bringing 6 of his Uni buddies to Murrayfield this weekend. All of them love their football and the great thing is none support an English Premier Club. They support the likes of Hartlepool, Peterborough, Tranmere and Guisley. One has been before and a couple they took up the option of the September student offer. None are ever going to go regularly enough for season tickets but casual supporters who visit occasionally spend a little and spread the word of the famous Heart of Midlothian should be encouraged

16 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Ah good to see you on this thread after you’d made an arse of yourself on the Lafferty one.

You’ll be on to tell us how our away crowds have been reminiscent of the Maracana over the last few years no doubt :rofl:

millerjames398
16 hours ago, larbert_jambo said:

16 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

They still come over every season as far as I'm aware,,the stenny main stands sponsored by the Norwegians as well?

There were club representatives from Man City and Everton there on Saturday as guests of the club.

Ann also said that they are working on a couple of global initiatives that will be unique in the UK at least maybe even further afield.

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

There were club representatives from Man City and Everton there on Saturday as guests of the club.

Ann also said that they are working on a couple of global initiatives that will be unique in the UK at least maybe even further afield.

Whatever this unique initiative is, it will remain unique for about a week until the hobos copy it. 

:leveinnaturalorder: