hthejambo

Sean Clare ( merged )

Phil Dunphy
34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Clare was very good yesterday and is improving all the time. 

I genuinely do not understand how anyone who purports to understand the game cannot see this. 

Some people made their mind up months ago and are completely unwilling/unable to change that mentality. 

It’s a shame but I’m sure Sean will survive. 

wallace_mercer

He’s a player alright 

might be next season til he’s at his best 

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Some people made their mind up months ago and are completely unwilling/unable to change that mentality. 

It’s a shame but I’m sure Sean will survive. 

I made my mind up months ago but the last few games have proved me wrong. He looks better every game and I thought he was very sharp first half yesterday

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

He’s a player alright 

might be next season til he’s at his best 

As he’s 22 it will most likely be a couple of seasons before he’s at his best. The age of these type of development signings seems to be a point completely overlooked on a continuous basis on here.

jr ewing

Seemed to be limping on his way back to the stand yesterday, 

alwaysthereinspirit

Clare made a run yesterday in the game that was along the same lines as the video we all watched when he first signed. Running at players and using his turn of speed to go by them. That's what we need more of. Hopefully more to come as he gets his confidence back. Onward and upward.

grumpy rebus
12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Clare made a run yesterday in the game that was along the same lines as the video we all watched when he first signed. Running at players and using his turn of speed to go by them. That's what we need more of. Hopefully more to come as he gets his confidence back. Onward and upward.

That run was superb, and he made it look effortless. He’s already a good player and will keep improving. 

jambopilms

Really good going forward but like the rest of the team he suffers from recieving the ball with his back to the goal. 

Saint Jambo

Played very well first half yesterday. Along with an overall drop in effort, his replacement by Morrison was a big factor in our poorer performance in the second half. He was providing energy, pace and directness from a more central midfield role. This was also creating space, allowing Smith to get up the right wing. The second half we lacked that pace in central midfield. Morrison on the right wing both blocked Smith from getting forward and was easier for Talbot to deal with as his starting position was more static.

Haken

There was some question of whether Clare would make the team at all, yesterday, due to a hip injury.  Hopefully taking him off athalf time was just a precaution, given that the game was effectively won.

It's no surprise that his improvement has coincided with Naismith's return to the team.  But the glimpses that we were seeing are starting to become more than glimpses, and happen more regulalrly during a game.  I thought we were a bit flatter in the second half without him.  

He's still settling in and still getting used to his team mates.  I think he could become a very valuable player for us.

kimosavi
16 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Clare is a million times better than Morrison. 

Just dont get the hype with Morrison at all,  he's fast and that's about it. His final ball, his  crossing and his continuation to  cut back on himself is so frustrating to watch 

kimosavi
3 minutes ago, Haken said:

There was some question of whether Clare would make the team at all, yesterday, due to a hip injury.  Hopefully taking him off athalf time was just a precaution, given that the game was effectively won.

It's no surprise that his improvement has coincided with Naismith's return to the team.  But the glimpses that we were seeing are starting to become more than glimpses, and happen more regulalrly during a game.  I thought we were a bit flatter in the second half without him.  

He's still settling in and still getting used to his team mates.  I think he could become a very valuable player for us.

I'll admit i was one of them that thought he was useless but I'm finally starting to see there might well be a player in there....imperative we use him in a system that  lets him flourish,  unfortunately i think thats the number 10 role and Naismith plays it so well

jonnothejambo
10 minutes ago, Haken said:

Nailed it. 

Artful Dodger

I wouldn't be surprised if another club comes in for him in the summer.

We got him for a steal.

Lovecraft
25 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Just dont get the hype with Morrison at all,  he's fast and that's about it. His final ball, his  crossing and his continuation to  cut back on himself is so frustrating to watch 

Morrison isn't very good.

I don't like putting our players down, but he hasn't shown much to keep playing.

He is still young though, so a lot to learn yet.

Glib and Shameless Crier
27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

It can’t ever just be that Clare is a good player, and Morrison is a good player, with both having different strengths and weaknesses can it? Same old story on this forum. A player is either shite or fantastic, and as one player starts to be appreciated, another has to have the shitty-stick aimed at him instead. It’s quite incredible. 😄

The Old Tolbooth

Clare is definitely showing the promise and hype we all expected from the word go now, he's only 22 and it's easy to forget that as he looks a lot older. 

Skacelsid

I think confidence has held him back, partly the new environment that allows less time on the ball and partly through being used through necessity before 100% fit. A big part of using pace is being confident enough to go full out. He also has better players around him now. He is getting there, winning the fans over in the process and looks now to be enjoying his football more.  Hopefully he can make an impact on the road now ( along with the rest of the team ) in Glasgow and Aberdeen, that is the real test, not forgetting the cup. It may though be next season before he realises his full potential. Keep supporting the boy.

jambo3tevie
30 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

The way Morrison always checks his run and cuts back onto his weaker foot before crossing the ball( probably 90% of the time) can be quite frustrating. It seems to me to be his favoured move.

Maybe trying him on the left side would allow him to cut back on to his stronger foot to cross the ball, or drive inside onto his stronger foot for a strike or a cheeky wee one two. This would also create alot of space for Demi or Ben(depending on who is playing) to go down the outside and give him another option.

kimosavi
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It can’t ever just be that Clare is a good player, and Morrison is a good player, with both having different strengths and weaknesses can it? Same old story on this forum. A player is either shite or fantastic, and as one player starts to be appreciated, another has to have the shitty-stick aimed at him instead. It’s quite incredible. 😄

Morrison is a good player hence why he plays football for a living duh   He's fast but he's a helluva lot to work on if he's gonna have an end product which will earn him a move higher or make him an ever present at Hearts 

kimosavi
1 hour ago, jambo3tevie said:

The way Morrison always checks his run and cuts back onto his weaker foot before crossing the ball( probably 90% of the time) can be quite frustrating. It seems to me to be his favoured move.

Maybe trying him on the left side would allow him to cut back on to his stronger foot to cross the ball, or drive inside onto his stronger foot for a strike or a cheeky wee one two. This would also create alot of space for Demi or Ben(depending on who is playing) to go down the outside and give him another option.

100% agreed

You'd think one of our 14 coaches would have picked up on this and at least tell him to run across your man that way the guy thats marking you will collide with him and we'll get a foul 

Its basic stuff 

sairyinthat
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Morrison isn't very good.

I don't like putting our players down, but he hasn't shown much to keep playing.

He is still young though, so a lot to learn yet.

His problem yesterday is confusion ie he doesn't know what to do,and to think he got on at the  of Mulrooney

XB52
11 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

His problem yesterday is confusion ie he doesn't know what to do,and to think he got on at the  of Mulrooney

I know.  Would have been much better having  mulraney playing in the same space as Mitchell while having nobody on the right😯😯

sairyinthat

your right  senior moment.

sairyinthat
34 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

your right  senior moment.

but wouldn't have been playing in the same area as Mitchell. Clare whom Morrison replaced was operating up the right hand side.

kila
4 hours ago, Haken said:

He arrived out the tunnel after the second half kicked off so had to walk round to the dugout, looked like he was limping a little.

He is getting better and better though, also adapting to Scottish football too

Gashauskis9

As well as being a great player, I think he’s a top top lad as well.  Head well and truly screwed on which is half the battle.

Was great to see him taking some time out with the fans in the Gorgie when he was walking past at the start of the 2nd half.  Genuinely looks like a player who loves being here.

Baxfee
11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

As well as being a great player, I think he’s a top top lad as well.  Head well and truly screwed on which is half the battle.

Was great to see him taking some time out with the fans in the Gorgie when he was walking past at the start of the 2nd half.  Genuinely looks like a player who loves being here.

100%. Think he really appreciated the applause, selfies, etc - should boost his confidence massively

Shrekeo
5 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

I wouldn't be surprised if another club comes in for him in the summer.

We got him for a steal.

I think he could make us more money than Souttar.

Cruickshank for Scotland
56 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

I think he could make us more money than Souttar.

Steady lad

Olly Lee's left boot

So Clare is going to make us millions and Morrison is shite. 

Is that where we are at with Clare now?

👍

Shrekeo
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Steady lad

Taking into account attacking midfielders commanding a premium over defenders, the (alleged) interest that Clare had prior to joining us and that I think we’re only just seeing now what he may be capable of, I don’t that that’s too crazy a shout.

That said, If both go for several million after lifting the Scottish Cup this year, I’ll be relaxed as to who we sell for more.

Cruickshank for Scotland
13 hours ago, Shrekeo said:

Taking into account attacking midfielders commanding a premium over defenders, the (alleged) interest that Clare had prior to joining us and that I think we’re only just seeing now what he may be capable of, I don’t that that’s too crazy a shout.

That said, If both go for several million after lifting the Scottish Cup this year, I’ll be relaxed as to who we sell for more.

Clare has miles to go to prove he has the quality of Soapy IMO

Ibrahim Tall
14 hours ago, Shrekeo said:

He also has the 'advantage' of being English, that itself will add a %.

Already fairly 'known' down south too.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Clare has miles to go to prove he has the quality of Soapy IMO

What an odd comparison. 

smartinmaroon

He seems to be growing into the team, gaining confidence and showing some decent skill. Hopefully his improvements will continue. 

Cruickshank for Scotland
29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What an odd comparison. 

I didn’t make the comparison Phil

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I didn’t make the comparison Phil

You made the comparison about ability. You can’t compare the ability of a centre half and an attacking midfielder. 

Cruickshank for Scotland
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You made the comparison about ability. You can’t compare the ability of a centre half and an attacking midfielder. 

The post I responded to was relative to the sell on value of Clare and Soutar

Edited by Cruickshank for Scotland

wavydavy
21 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So Clare is going to make us millions and Morrison is shite. 

Is that where we are at with Clare now?

👍

To be perfectly honest I don't think either of them are much cope. I hope I am wrong but I just don;t see it.

Clare has shown a couple of instances of nice touches when running at players and has scored two very good goals but he needs to be much more prominent in games than he is. Ok I know folk are saying he is still young and adapting to the game up here but the jury is still out for me.

Morrison despite claims on here about him having pace seldon goes beyond a defender and puts in a decent cross. He does it on occassions but not nearly enough.

Now that might be party the way we play and personally I would rather see the ball played in behind defenders for his to run onto but that rearely happens which in my opinion doesn't help him. Again he is still a young player but is he better than say Billy King was and look where is is now?

I know they have only really played a relatively small number of games but when you look at players such as Hastie and Turnbul at Motherwell I think they look better prospects than Clare and Morrison at the moment.

Olly Lee's left boot
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

To be perfectly honest I don't think either of them are much cope. I hope I am wrong but I just don;t see it.

Clare has shown a couple of instances of nice touches when running at players and has scored two very good goals but he needs to be much more prominent in games than he is. Ok I know folk are saying he is still young and adapting to the game up here but the jury is still out for me.

Morrison despite claims on here about him having pace seldon goes beyond a defender and puts in a decent cross. He does it on occassions but not nearly enough.

Now that might be party the way we play and personally I would rather see the ball played in behind defenders for his to run onto but that rearely happens which in my opinion doesn't help him. Again he is still a young player but is he better than say Billy King was and look where is is now?

I know they have only really played a relatively small number of games but when you look at players such as Hastie and Turnbul at Motherwell I think they look better prospects than Clare and Morrison at the moment.

Both are shite, then. 

Good, need to know where we are. 

👍

ToqueJambo

I guess it's a consequence of the internet, but I don't see the point of all this over-analysis of players' abilities on a match-by-match basis, especially players new to the club and especially, especially young players breaking through. 

The question should be "Are they doing a good job for us and could they in future?" and both Morrison and Clare have been in recent weeks. Instead folk seem to be constantly saying "Can we do better?" or "Are they good enough for Hearts?"

Thinking back to the pre-Internet days, I can see players like Wayne Foster, Neil Berry and Kenny Black being written off or talked down before they really got going if they played for us today. On paper they were quite limited players who never threatened national teams or were players we would ever make money from but they were very good, important players for us. Jim Hamilton springs to mind as well. Nothing special but did a job. Not every player is going to be a standout like Naismith, Berra and Souttar because we cannot afford that level of player in every position. We're always going to have a sprinkling of honest but limited pros and younger prospects who, by definition, will be inconsistent.

wavydavy
8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Both are shite, then. 

Good, need to know where we are. 

👍

If you say so.

Olly Lee's left boot
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I guess it's a consequence of the internet, but I don't see the point of all this over-analysis of players' abilities on a match-by-match basis, especially players new to the club and especially, especially young players breaking through. 

The question should be "Are they doing a good job for us and could they in future?" and both Morrison and Clare have been in recent weeks. Instead folk seem to be constantly saying "Can we do better?" or "Are they good enough for Hearts?"

Thinking back to the pre-Internet days, I can see players like Wayne Foster, Neil Berry and Kenny Black being written off or talked down before they really got going if they played for us today. On paper they were quite limited players who never threatened national teams or were players we would ever make money from but they were very good, important players for us. Jim Hamilton springs to mind as well. Nothing special but did a job. Not every player is going to be a standout like Naismith, Berra and Souttar because we cannot afford that level of player in every position. We're always going to have a sprinkling of honest but limited pros and younger prospects who, by definition, will be inconsistent.

Nah, that just reeks off loser mentality and lack of ambition. 

We should be dripping in trophies and challenging at the top end of the league, every year. 

We need top players in every position and should be able to handle injuries to key players. 

True story. 

ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, that just reeks off loser mentality and lack of ambition. 

We should be dripping in trophies and challenging at the top end of the league, every year. 

We need top players in every position and should be able to handle injuries to key players. 

True story. 

Been there, did that, went bust.

OTT
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Been there, did that, went bust.

No. Rangers did that, they went bust. We merely went into admin :P 

ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, OTT said:

No. Rangers did that, they went bust. We merely went into admin :P 

True. Nearly went bust

colinmaroon

There's some real irony on here, calling players, more or less sheidtt, when you read what's being written. 

doctor jambo
On 11/02/2019 at 11:41, grumpy rebus said:

That run was superb, and he made it look effortless. He’s already a good player and will keep improving. 

A rich mans Suso Santana 

tartofmidlothian

He did well today against St Mirren. The kind of player who needs the rest of the team pulling their weight around him, but he was busy and kept trying to create.