hthejambo

Sean Clare ( merged )

boag1874

Clare wasn’t the issue tonight

To Be Frank

Nowhere near the worst player on the pitch tonight

Hogan3012

Clare was poor tonight but at least he showed for the ball tonight and didn’t hide unlike mulraney who should be out the team for a while total imposter.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Far from the worst tonight 

Jambos1983

Was a usual performance from him. 

feedthefox
30 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

It must just be convenient for him to be singled out because there's a thread always floating in the first two pages but of all people, not the first one that should be criticised tonight 

Exactly this, a bit unlucky that this thread is still sitting on the front page on account of his good game on Friday.

Koolkeith

Was a bit of a passenger tonight, but not necessarily the worst. He’s a luxury player. Should have come off when Uche came on.

Thommo414
1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

Exactly this, a bit unlucky that this thread is still sitting on the front page on account of his good game on Friday.

It changes by the game. Me, personally, I was very very critical of him early on. I realised I needed to chill out a bit and tbh I see him in a much better light these days. Now I don't think he or really anyone else was great tonight but to be the first player singled out is just laughable 

Sir Gio

He got a 5 which was more than Naismith 

NANOJAMBO
6 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

It changes by the game. Me, personally, I was very very critical of him early on. I realised I needed to chill out a bit and tbh I see him in a much better light these days. Now I don't think he or really anyone else was great tonight but to be the first player singled out is just laughable 

This. He's improving , which is more than you can say for a few of his team mates. 

Famous 1874

Olly Lee worse yet again. Where is his thread?

damo

Was like playing with a man short. Too powderpuff and doesn’t seem to get involved. Cracking goal on Friday to be fair. 

kila

He wins a lot of flick on headers, gets quite stuck in now too winning the ball back

Not our worst performer tonight by a long shot

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, damo said:

Was like playing with a man short. Too powderpuff and doesn’t seem to get involved. Cracking goal on Friday to be fair. 

Replace “on Friday” with “in the derby” and you’ve summed up most of Olly Lee’s season, particularly tonight. Your appraisal of Clare is ludicrously wrong on various levels.

Lambo85
20 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I am not a fan of Clare but totally agree. Thought Lee was our worst midfield player yet again. He has been absolutely brutal for months now (apart from Derby wonder strike).

ZEUS
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He got a 5 which was more than Naismith 

?. From who ?

Alan_R
26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

An increasingly frustrating player

tartofmidlothian
33 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Was a bit of a passenger tonight, but not necessarily the worst. He’s a luxury player. Should have come off when Uche came on.

Exactly this. He has much to offer, but he isn't the guy you want in the trenches when things have turned to shit. He isn't Uche.

Anyone else watching Mickey Cameron and Ian Black at half time and thinking Clare would thrive in front of them instead of Lee and Bozanic?

Peebo
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Exactly this. He has much to offer, but he isn't the guy you want in the trenches when things have turned to shit. He isn't Uche.

Anyone else watching Mickey Cameron and Ian Black at half time and thinking Clare would thrive in front of them instead of Lee and Bozanic?

I certainly wasn’t watching Cameron thinking we’ve found the new one! 

TurboT

Whilst I can’t fault his effort, I feel that he upsets the balance of the team.

earlier in the season we played some great football (pre injuries to Naismith, Uche and Souter), however, I think that Clare is playing in the no 10 role that Naismith plays best.

I’d play Uche or Vanecek up on Sunday with Naismith in behind and drop Clare 

Cut The Crap
1 minute ago, TurboT said:

earlier in the season we played some great football (pre injuries to Naismith, Uche and Souter), however, I think that Clare is playing in the no 10 role that Naismith plays best.

I agree with this.

gowestjambo
On 05/02/2019 at 16:50, Skippy Doodle said:

I’m not backing either corner here but the irony of you checking his profile for contributions at the same time as pulling him up for his thorough searches to bring you to task is hopefully not lost on you mate ?

Please check the facts before posting. I have never or would never check anyones profile or even be the slightest bit interersted in what they said previously. That is the realm of Internet Trolls.

That behaviour is for the folk that have nothing more important in their life,  than posting to random people about their opinion being more important than someone elses.

Cruickshank for Scotland
13 hours ago, cheetah said:

I think i said he was pretty poor and ineffective, now that he has been playing better i now think he is Ok and  a wee bit effective.

Good to see him coming on to a game, I am sure everyone is happy about that, he is still no world beater though so lets not get carried away.

His “coming good” certainly stalled tonight I am afraid. ?

Dannie Boy

Clare needs a rest. Sunday’s the day of rest. 

1971fozzy

He was nowhere near the worst tonight. Nowhere near.

Cruickshank for Scotland
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He was nowhere near the worst tonight. Nowhere near.

Hardly a glowing endorsement!

Smith's right boot
51 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I agree. 

Naismith must be the number ten and link. 

Cruickshank for Scotland
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I agree. 

Naismith must be the number ten and link. 

This - Playing Naismith as a lone striker just is a waste of his talent!

rudi must stay

As I said about Lee he was indecisive in the final third, but I don't blame him there. You have to give attacking players freedom, it is as simple as that

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, TurboT said:

Have to agree with this 

Phil Dunphy
8 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Please check the facts before posting. I have never or would never check anyones profile or even be the slightest bit interersted in what they said previously. That is the realm of Internet Trolls.

That behaviour is for the folk that have nothing more important in their life,  than posting to random people about their opinion being more important than someone elses.

You’re still upset then. 

Good. 

Sir Gio

I think people have missed something rather obvious,  Clare has been our main  goal threat for weeks, scoring and helping to create. Last night he was negated, we had none.

His supply chain (to him) was quite frankly awful last night, we never got him into an area where he can make the quick movements at all.

Clerry Jambo

This guy has yet to convince me.

I really hope he suddenly explodes into life but I'm just not seeing it just now

Yes, he scored a couple of tidy goals recently but he needs to show much much more than what he is doing over 90 mins.

Ibrahim Tall

It was glaringly obvious we looked far poorer and less imaginative when he came off for Morrison.

Jamhammer
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It was glaringly obvious we looked far poorer and less imaginative when he came off for Morrison.

This. One of the few Hearts players who looks for the ball rather than pointing at someone else

Cruickshank for Scotland

That’s the best 45 minutes we have had from Clare

Phil Dunphy

Although this isn't really saying much for a player of his quality, he was excellent today.

Tasavallan
17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This guy has yet to convince me.

I really hope he suddenly explodes into life but I'm just not seeing it just now

Yes, he scored a couple of tidy goals recently but he needs to show much much more than what he is doing over 90 mins.

Unlike Morrison who plays like the Ouzel bird.  

I like Clare.

weegie jambo

Thought he was excellent today. Always looking to keep the play flowing and pushing forward. Created some good openings and always looked to get involved. Miles more creative than Morrison, who I like but is still lacking a good final ball. Thought Claire should have stayed on at McLean's expense.

Sarah O

Clare is a million times better than Morrison. 

Phil D. Corners

Thought he looked good today. Was upset he came off at half time. 

Great to see the improvement. 

bazman

Clare was an injury doubt before the game. He was limping a little bit as he walked round the pitch after half time. Game was done by then so best not to take risk

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, bazman said:

Clare was an injury doubt before the game. He was limping a little bit as he walked round the pitch after half time. Game was done by then so best not to take risk

wondered if he had a knock, as he had been fine in the first half.

The more I see him playing, the more I think he when full of confidence he will can really dribble through the oppositon and be a deadly threat from that.

tartofmidlothian
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

wondered if he had a knock, as he had been fine in the first half.

The more I see him playing, the more I think he when full of confidence he will can really dribble through the oppositon and be a deadly threat from that.

Spot on, I reckon he's a guy who will come to life with an excellent team around him. Like the one we had the first few games of the season. Maybe not the guy to carry the team on a bad day like Naismith can, though.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It was indeed. However some posters must have been blinded by the glare and failed to appreciate his first half contribution. 

tcjambo

I sat next to an English guy who makes a habit of visiting all the Scottish grounds on a rotational basis. He identified Clare as our best player first half and Demi second half without knowing who they were. I agreed. Naismith and MacLean were our poorest players today.

4marsbars

Interesting to read this thread and discover that we still have some geniuses here who don’t rate Clare.

No pleasing some people.

boag1874

Clare had a great game today, always looking to take them on and was mostly successful 

Elshin
11 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Spot on, I reckon he's a guy who will come to life with an excellent team around him. Like the one we had the first few games of the season. Maybe not the guy to carry the team on a bad day like Naismith can, though.

Think you may be right

I think having uche up top will bring clare on, he can now float around into space with uche having 2 men on him.   Clare and naismith behind uche may become the front 3.

jonnothejambo

Clare was very good yesterday and is improving all the time. 

I genuinely do not understand how anyone who purports to understand the game cannot see this.