hthejambo

Sean Clare ( merged )

Thomaso
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Still can’t apologise for accusing me of calling you a racist, I see. 

Shame. 

I have already given you a clear answer on that.

Shame you can't give me a clear answer on your reason why you say I "dislike" Clare.

Thomaso
2 minutes ago, Coolio said:

:touche:             

Thank you . Is it safe to assume from your reply that you took my post in the way that I had intended it, namely as a joke to diffuse a conversation that had been getting more than a tad close to the bone. I, in no way, found your comments racist.

This thread is full of differing opinions of which there comes a time when extremes NEED to agree to disagree.

FWIW I don't think SC has been anything special and as others have said any improvement may be down simply to improved fitness levels. That said though, CL believes there is a player in SC so I'll give hime a fair bit longer to prove it. 

Always like a bit of friendly banter on here Coolio!  :thumbsup:

Artful Dodger
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Always like a bit of friendly banter on here Coolio!  :thumbsup:

Your a racist.

Sorry ?

grumpy rebus
42 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

It’s human nature to make  premature ‘judgements’ on what we see. I’ve lost count of the number of mistakes I’ve made (going all the way back to the sixties and Harry Kinnear aka  “the new Willie Bauld” and at the same time Kevin Hegarty who I thought was going to be a star for us). At the friendly preseason in Arbroath we saw most of the new players and my assessment on the basis of half a game each was

Uche- clumsy and cant control the ball but a big unit and maybe a useful impact sub but never a first team starter

Edwards - -has some skill, some things come off but some don’t. A truer and will probably feature regularly

Burns -  - loads of energy intelligencevand hard worker - future Colin Cameron type midfielder

mulraney - a star - in the Bobby Prentice mode plus amazing speed - had their ful backs on toast

Lee - pretty anonymous - not much impact on the game- squad player

Bozanic - small, trier, game passed him by other than one shot - back up only 

Keena - real handful plus great attitude - one for  the future

Callachan - excellent, should make a regular place

Haring - poor ball control, misplaced passes. Doesn’t look good enough despite hairband 

Smith - good wing back presenting attacking thread. Poorer defensively

Baur - too many errors

Crawford - great - get him signed. Controlled the game

petkov - ok

so I was about 70% wrong and my opinions after a few more games would have been different, especially about Uche 

coming up up to the present day I don’t think much of either Wighton or Clare so far. I just don’t see the strength to make an impact from either of them but clearly the management sees potential and that’s fine. They have both been bought as longer term development potential and both or neither may or may not make it. Both could do with a good goal to get the crowd on their side as both seem to lack confidence at present.

oh and it is nonsense to characterise or imply Thomaso’s comments as racist. People are allowed opinions and unless they are obviously stereotyping on the basis of race then it shouldn’t be assumed as a motivation

Admitting you were wrong on here? You’ll never last ???

On a serious note, I think I see something with Clare but he’s not quite there yet. Wighton looks hopeless, but I’m hoping that’s down to trying too hard. 

In an ideal world (i.e. no injuries) I think both would’ve been eased into the team and given time to find their feet, but the situation dictated otherwise. 

I reckon both both could make it, but time will tell. 

Thomaso
Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Your a racist.

Sorry ?

:isee:

Dalstonjambo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Your a racist.

Sorry ?

*you're

Not sorry

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Meestah Sahmon

I didn't think Phil was suggesting or alluding to posters being racist, I think the "other factors" might be that some have possibly held Clare to a slightly higher standard given the hype surrounding him and the supposed clubs sniffing around him before his arrival. For all his form has began to slowly improve, I'd like to see him get a run in a settled position as he's been all over the place since signing - wide left, wide right, behind the striker, center mid - hopefully he'll pin down a position in the last half of the season and have a run at it once he's the full shilling.

Artful Dodger

16 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Hahaha. 

So what is it - Laziness, Text speak or a second language? 

Good to have something a bit more light hearted on this thread.

Very poor education ????

Dalstonjambo
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Very poor education ????

Given you are a Hearts fan you were educated just fine in my eyes. 

jonnothejambo
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

It’s human nature to make  premature ‘judgements’ on what we see. I’ve lost count of the number of mistakes I’ve made (going all the way back to the sixties and Harry Kinnear aka  “the new Willie Bauld” and at the same time Kevin Hegarty who I thought was going to be a star for us). At the friendly preseason in Arbroath we saw most of the new players and my assessment on the basis of half a game each was

Uche- clumsy and cant control the ball but a big unit and maybe a useful impact sub but never a first team starter

Edwards - -has some skill, some things come off but some don’t. A truer and will probably feature regularly

Burns -  - loads of energy intelligencevand hard worker - future Colin Cameron type midfielder

mulraney - a star - in the Bobby Prentice mode plus amazing speed - had their ful backs on toast

Lee - pretty anonymous - not much impact on the game- squad player

Bozanic - small, trier, game passed him by other than one shot - back up only 

Keena - real handful plus great attitude - one for  the future

Callachan - excellent, should make a regular place

Haring - poor ball control, misplaced passes. Doesn’t look good enough despite hairband 

Smith - good wing back presenting attacking thread. Poorer defensively

Baur - too many errors

Crawford - great - get him signed. Controlled the game

petkov - ok

so I was about 70% wrong and my opinions after a few more games would have been different, especially about Uche 

coming up up to the present day I don’t think much of either Wighton or Clare so far. I just don’t see the strength to make an impact from either of them but clearly the management sees potential and that’s fine. They have both been bought as longer term development potential and both or neither may or may not make it. Both could do with a good goal to get the crowd on their side as both seem to lack confidence at present.

oh and it is nonsense to characterise or imply Thomaso’s comments as racist. People are allowed opinions and unless they are obviously stereotyping on the basis of race then it shouldn’t be assumed as a motivation

At least you have the baws to give an honest opinion on the players in your post. 

Unlike some who will use any excuse to have a pop at our manager, as part of their agenda. 

Some of your views I agree with, some I don't but that's fair enough.

Good post, Scott.

Thomaso
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

At least you have the baws to give an honest opinion on the players in your post. 

Unlike some who will use any excuse to have a pop at our manager, as part of their agenda. 

Some of your views I agree with, some I don't but that's fair enough.

Good post, Scott.

Just to clarify -

Are you saying that anyone posting comments on Clare's poor current form and disappointing performances, have nothing to do with him and are actually just having a go at our Manager??

Chong

ffs, some folk dinnae ken tha difference between ur and u'r.

Dens cants

jonnothejambo
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Just to clarify -

Are you saying that anyone posting comments on Clare's poor current form and disappointing performances, have nothing to do with him and are actually just having a go at our Manager??

I think my post was clear enough. 

Thomaso
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I think my post was clear enough. 

Eh OK then......correct me if I am wrong here -

You seem to be alleging my comments on Clare's poor form and performances have nothing to do with Clare. They are all about having a pop at our Manager for signing him as part of an anti-Levein agenda.

As I've stated before, I am absolutely delighted at the CL signings of the likes of Uche, Naismith, Lee, Haring - how does that fit in with your anti-Levein agenda theory????

jonnothejambo

Eh OK then......correct me if I am wrong here -

You seem to be alleging my comments on Clare's poor form and performances have nothing to do with Clare. They are all about having a pop at our Manager for signing him as part of an anti-Levein agenda.

As I've stated before, I am absolutely delighted at the CL signings of the likes of Uche, Naismith, Lee, Haring - how does that fit in with your anti-Levein agenda theory????

Where did I mention you, Thomaso ? 

I was referring to posters who will use any excuse to have a go at our Manager.  It just happens to be In the Clare thread. It could also have been in the thread where people had a go at Levein  at the signing of Naismith when he didn't exactly hit the ground running. 

It will be the same if Vanecek starts slowly. 

So I wasn't having a go at you personally and I'm not sure why you think I was. 

Thomaso
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Where did I mention you, Thomaso ? 

I was referring to posters who will use any excuse to have a go at our Manager.  It just happens to be In the Clare thread. It could also have been in the thread where people had a go at Levein  at the signing of Naismith when he didn't exactly hit the ground running. 

It will be the same if Vanecek starts slowly. 

So I wasn't having a go at you personally and I'm not sure why you think I was. 

Sorry my mistake.

jonnothejambo

Sorry my mistake.

I have been reading back a couple of pages of this thread, which I hadn't before now, and can see why you maybe thought I was referring to you. 

I will stay out of the discussion apart from stating that anyone who thinks your comments pertaining to Clare were even remotely racist needs their heads examined. I'm sure the Mods would have intervened as well. 

Icon of Symmetry
4 hours ago, Chong said:

ffs, some folk dinnae ken tha difference between ur and u'r.

Dens cants

Probably.

B9973DAD-723C-4CB2-857F-6A86FD3A9546.jpeg

Phil Dunphy

El Diez

Another wonderful finish.

Dannie Boy

Continues to improve. Can’t ask more than that. Two excellent goals and unlucky in another few attempts. 

Radio Ga Ga

And the free kick, beautiful just beautiful 

Phil Dunphy

No doubt someone will come along shortly and tell us that he's done nothing other than score.

Walter Burns

But...but....Sean Clare is shite.....gie the guy a chance....hope there is a few on here choking right now....

HMFC86

Remember when everyone said he was crap & the folk who said there was a player in there were mocked as fan boys ?

Nucky Thompson

Brilliant finish and wins loads in the air too.

Confidence clearly growing

Punks No Deid

There’s a guy in Gorgie who shouts Bambi regularly at him - hope he’s watching tonight

Mr Elwood P

Keeping bumping this thread until we sell him for £10m.

John mcCartney

lets not get carried away here mr elwood
however,yep hes on his way..
and hopefully he can provide some special moments from here in for us lot

robbo1874

Only caught second half but thought his work rate was good. His goal was really well taken.

jack D and coke

I’ve been a big critic so far but he’s coming good. The little touch on his left foot to take him past the defender before scoring was really lovely. 

iantjambo

Really good game again tonight.

SUTOL

He;s adapting to is new surroundings and new position higher up the pitch. 

Showing more signs of the player he can be. 

Getting better every game as has been said for the past couple of months.

Hope he keeps that up, he'll be some player next season if h does!

Australis......

Well done again Sean, great game again.

maroonsgotop

well done Sean. been improving game on game for some time now. Keep it up Sean you're doing great and more still to come of that I'm certain

Gashauskis9

****ing love him, plain and simple.  Along with Souttar, we’ll be £££ with this lad.

jambo3tevie

It was clear to see from day one that the lad could play, even although he started slow anyone who knows football could see there was alot of ability there. The good thing is there is even more to come from him and he is only going to keep getting better. He worked very hard for the team today (especialy off the ball) at both ends of the park and he took his goal realy well. He is going to be a big player for us over the next few years.

scott herbertson

An excellent goal and I apologise for underrating him. He seems to be learning from Naismith as well as I detected some good game management in the 50:50 balls, something he didn't do too well earlier.

Luscious Laryea

His talent isn't in any doubt, it's the flitting in and out of games which makes me still on the fence over whether or not he'll be something special for us.

Similar to Skinny in some ways in that he's capable of bursts of incredible skill and the fact he's a confidence player. But onwards and upwards, hope he continues his improvement in form.

Smithee
Spoiler

1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

Remember when everyone said he was crap & the folk who said there was a player in there were mocked as fan boys ?

:verysmug:

WorldChampions1902

I said to my son after he scored against Livi, that his goal would boost his confidence and to expect more goals from him. Tonight's strike was sublime (again) and anyone who has played football recognises that it should be a real contender for SPFL Goal of the Month. 

I fully expect the lad to significantly add to his tally over the next few weeks. In fact, he could very well prove to be instrumental in our Scottish Cup endeavours.

Delighted that we have him on a decent length contract.

Guffers
2 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

It was clear to see from day one that the lad could play, even although he started slow anyone who knows football could see there was alot of ability there. The good thing is there is even more to come from him and he is only going to keep getting better. He worked very hard for the team today (especialy off the ball) at both ends of the park and he took his goal realy well. He is going to be a big player for us over the next few years.

Lol... the worst line in football.. 

Well done though Sean.. I was one of those who ‘don’t know anything about football’ who doubted you.. Great to see there’s a player in there. never easy at new club plus recovering from injury... getting quietly quite excited about this lad now.. still needs to do more but two big goals!

1971fozzy

Superb. He’s going to be fantastic. With Uche freeing up space - ooooooft

great times ahead

Kalamazoo Jambo

Great feet and great balance for his goal :thumbsup:

He's getting better game by game and will be a great player for us, oh, and another excellent goal too.

ToqueJambo

That was the kind of goal Djoum, and dare I say Rudi, used to score for us fairly regularly. Great feet and finish.

To Be Frank

Snedescu

Naismith’s post match interview after the game was insightful. He specifically mentioned both Clare and Mulraney about it being hard for the younger guys to settle but they will come good. If he is happy with them, then so am I.