the barman

winston churchill

getting back to the original point.

i am still waiting for one of the chumps providing evidence of our empty seats.

Staggered ticket sale criticised as Hibs fans fall short

The Scotsman

Date: 04 April 2006

By STUART BATHGATE

HAMPDEN was some 9,000 souls short of capacity on Sunday, and, like the Scottish Cup semi-final itself, this tale of the empty seats was a pretty one-sided affair. Neither Hearts nor Hibernian took up their entire allocation, but the empty spaces were far more visible at the end occupied by the Easter Road club's support.

A spokesperson for Hibs said the club had taken about 19,000 fans to the match, and that this was "in line with previous semi-final attendances". This particular semi-final, however, was something special - the first time the Edinburgh rivals had met at the penultimate stage of the cup for 105 years - and it came as a surprise that Hibs should not manage to top the 20,000 mark.

The club said they had been left with about 3,000 tickets, and claimed there had been a very strong take-up by season-ticket holders. They also sold a lot to fans who had collected the vouchers offered at the recent home game against Dundee United.

It was only in the week leading up to the semi-final that Hibs witnessed a slackening-off of demand, which they put down in part to fact the match was being televised live. Some Hibs fans, however, claimed that the way in which the sale had been staggered was not conducive to getting maximum numbers there - especially the limit initially put on the number of tickets each season-ticket holder was allowed to buy.

A spokesperson for Hearts did not specify how many tickets had remained unsold from their allocation, but did say the time and location of the match had had an obvious impact on sales by both clubs. The kick-off at 12.15pm on a Sunday in Glasgow also surely had a deterrent effect on many neutral or only nominally attached fans, at least those based in and around Edinburgh. Suggestions that the M8 would be virtually gridlocked also must have played a part.

Had Murrayfield been the venue, it may not have approached its capacity of 67,800, but a crowd of 50,000 would surely have been achievable. Especially if it had been a sunny day in the capital, and the availability of tickets had been widely known, there would have been a considerable walk-up, if sales on the day were permitted.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else got the huge print of the semi? Its just as the teams are coming out. Its superb, and when feeling down, I can just look at it on my wall, and see the huge empty spaces in their end. There is a pocket, of about 20 seats in our end, but they were probably still in the pub. :107years:

winston churchill
Staggered ticket sale criticised as Hibs fans fall short

The Scotsman

Date: 04 April 2006

By STUART BATHGATE

HAMPDEN was some 9,000 souls short of capacity on Sunday, and, like the Scottish Cup semi-final itself, this tale of the empty seats was a pretty one-sided affair. Neither Hearts nor Hibernian took up their entire allocation, but the empty spaces were far more visible at the end occupied by the Easter Road club's support.

A spokesperson for Hibs said the club had taken about 19,000 fans to the match, and that this was "in line with previous semi-final attendances". This particular semi-final, however, was something special - the first time the Edinburgh rivals had met at the penultimate stage of the cup for 105 years - and it came as a surprise that Hibs should not manage to top the 20,000 mark.

The club said they had been left with about 3,000 tickets, and claimed there had been a very strong take-up by season-ticket holders. They also sold a lot to fans who had collected the vouchers offered at the recent home game against Dundee United.

It was only in the week leading up to the semi-final that Hibs witnessed a slackening-off of demand, which they put down in part to fact the match was being televised live. Some Hibs fans, however, claimed that the way in which the sale had been staggered was not conducive to getting maximum numbers there - especially the limit initially put on the number of tickets each season-ticket holder was allowed to buy.

A spokesperson for Hearts did not specify how many tickets had remained unsold from their allocation, but did say the time and location of the match had had an obvious impact on sales by both clubs. The kick-off at 12.15pm on a Sunday in Glasgow also surely had a deterrent effect on many neutral or only nominally attached fans, at least those based in and around Edinburgh. Suggestions that the M8 would be virtually gridlocked also must have played a part.

Had Murrayfield been the venue, it may not have approached its capacity of 67,800, but a crowd of 50,000 would surely have been achievable. Especially if it had been a sunny day in the capital, and the availability of tickets had been widely known, there would have been a considerable walk-up, if sales on the day were permitted.

is that the best you can do.

you have had 24 hours and that's all you can come up with.

so hearts had the odd few empty seats scattered around.

your end had more gaps than zander diamond & charlie adams teeth.

still waiting on the photos of the hearts end;)

winston churchill
This thread's hilarious :)

If Rocky show's his face on this board again, he's an even bigger spazzer than this thread suggests :dribble:

picky,as i said last night.he's a spangle.

he reminds me of sam dingle.

The People's Chimp
Notice that they are now using the 'Hearts are not respected by the other SFA clubs' line now. Also, we are not 'honest'.

Well, when you have nothing else to cling to, you have to start clutching at straws.

Who gives a feck what St Midden, or motherwell think about us? I hate and have no respect for either of those teams. Why should they "respect" us?

Dirk Diggler

Enough accounts talk, I hate it.

pinocchio.PNG

You and I have been here before Rocky, You have a habit of talking about debt/accounts etc then once you have been put in your place end the discussion with a post like the one above.

You're not here for a wind up though eh?

:rolleyes:

winston churchill

i see the barman has been

The Barman

Faxed Back to Kaunas.

still no photo evidence on the empty hearts end:rolleyes:.

having had another read at the thread ,it now appears we only had 2,000 more fans at the game:eek:

Lets play a wee game called Spot the Big Gaping Holes.

Picture 1 - The Hearts end from the south.

33Easyeasyeasy.jpg

There's about 30 or 40 empty seats there but nothing you'd class as 'Gaping'

Picture 2 - The Hearts end from the north.

34WeloveyouJamTarts.jpg

No. Not there.

Picture 3 - The Vermin end.

5ButwherearetheHibbies.jpg

Ahh. Suddenly it all becomes clear.

:loser:

Tax Year runs in football from July to July

Incorrect yet again. ;)

The tax year is not connected in any way to transfer windows, seasons or any other area controlled by football regulations. :rolleyes:

What an utter spangle. Anyone with any self-respect that had been ripped so mercilessly as Rocky would not dare show their cyber-pus on here again. But then, self-respect and hobos are uneasy bedfellows. :cool:

Don't mind Rocky at all, it's not his fault he is deluded.

Whats all this nonsese about how they took their club back in 1991 absolute tosh, the only reason they are still in existence is because Wallace backed down and the only reason Wallace backed down was a section of Hearts Fans were starting to turn on him.

Nucky Thompson
Lets play a wee game called Spot the Big Gaping Holes.

Picture 1 - The Hearts end from the south.

33Easyeasyeasy.jpg

There's about 30 or 40 empty seats there but nothing you'd class as 'Gaping'

Picture 2 - The Hearts end from the north.

34WeloveyouJamTarts.jpg

No. Not there.

Picture 3 - The Vermin end.

5ButwherearetheHibbies.jpg

Ahh. Suddenly it all becomes clear.

:loser:

You can't get any clearer than that:) What a pishy wee team with a pishy wee support:rofl: They should be embarrassed for eternity:o

winston churchill
Incorrect yet again. ;)

The tax year is not connected in any way to transfer windows, seasons or any other area controlled by football regulations. :rolleyes:

What an utter spangle. Anyone with any self-respect that had been ripped so mercilessly as Rocky would not dare show their cyber-pus on here again. But then, self-respect and hobos are uneasy bedfellows. :cool:

sam dingle will be back.

For us not to care about the wee team, we don't half have a lot of people biting at the hobo's posts!!!!

winston churchill
For us not to care about the wee team, we don't half have a lot of people biting at the hobo's posts!!!!

a question was asked,the evidence is not fourthcoming.

Fine, but I still think we care too much and have too many people who bite everytime they go fishing.

banter I suppose.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
The Hearts supports a lot more embarrasing these days, and I'm not just talking about attendance figures. :107years:

If you dont like it/us, you know what to do. And mind the door doesnt hit your arse on the way oot!!

• 4 weeks later...
The People's Chimp

i see that CS is still waiting for an answer.

You might be waiting some time mate....;)

The Hearts supports a lot more embarrasing these days, and I'm not just talking about attendance figures. :107years:

Stick a little animation on the end of sentance slagging hearts supporters to make it ok, ban the hobo.

I was more concerned about the match myself.

Well that will teach ye' Let me assure you that having watched your team and sat in the Hearts end that day, the Hearts end was far more entertaining.....Honest:107years:

How did Second div Gretna motivate themselves to take you to pens if that's the case?

Because 6,000 of them didn't turn up in fancy dress as seats.

I had to laugh when reading #4 who calls us yam fuds coming from Corstorphine , probably from the monkey house at the zoo which would seem appropriate for a Hibs supporter[term used loosely]

Guest juvehearts
Too right they did. And 1st div St Johnstone gave us a better game than your big side did in the LC. :cool:

The LC is a diddy cup that means nothing.

the fact that every SPL club has to be invited into it by the SFL just about sums it up for me,

IMO its a glorified LCC & the sponcers hope for a OF final every season.

plus the fact that when hibs won it their was a drivvel of fans there at ER to see them bring it home. Compaired to the thousands that were there to see hearts bring the big cup home & lets not forget the parade of the cup too.

Oh aye i almost forgot about the best thing. the big cup will always get played on a Saturday at 3pm, the LC can get played mid season, on a weekday or a sunday & it doesnt have to be played at 3pm!!

says it all

Big team - big cup

wee team - wee cup

H-i-b-e-r-n-i-a-n the muppet men.

forever in our shadow

FTH :dribble::107years::dribble::107years::dribble::107years::dribble:

Guest juvehearts
Too right they did. And 1st div St Johnstone gave us a better game than your big side did in the LC. :cool:

Because 6,000 of them didn't turn up in fancy dress as seats.

aye thats because of ther 11000 support at least 6000 of them were hearts fans (thanks brooks) ;)

Archived