the barman

winston churchill

RockyBalboa
If you take into account the monies due for the "asset stripping", then the debt is not that much more than when VR arrived.

Arguably your assets have been stripped a hell of a lot more than ours have over the last two/three seasons.

A properly run club? Players knocking on the Chairman's door in the middle of the night to moan about the manager? Magic. Manager wins cup then resigns because of the backwater attitude at club? Double magic.

We may well be a laughing stock, but who knows the full facts? Can't say I'm too happy at what's going on at Tynie re the footballing side of the club but I can say I go to see Heart of Midlothian, Edinburgh's top team, not some wee suburban sideshow.

How do you know that money has went back into the club? If it has then your debt will be considerably less than ?36 million but ?8mill for Gordon, ?2mill for Bednar ?2mill for Scakel and ?1million for Hartley doesn't come to ?18 million, the debt Hearts were at with Romanov took over.

Our assets are not being stripped, they were never bought with the intentions of making a fast buck in the first place.

The fact our former manager lost the dressing room contributes hardly anything to a properly ran club. Working at a profit, completion of training complex's and stadiums as well as the respect and trust of other clubs does.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RockyBalboa
No. Nearer to 23m.

If you take the sale of Gordon, Bednar & even hartley i think that amounts to c.12.5m so take that off the 36m and you ar looking at c.24m

See above...

And times have stood still and you haven't been making record losses in the past couple of seasons? As well as compensations losses for sacking chief execs and managers all over the shop?!

RockyBalboa
Like I said, a day as a lion or a lifetime as a sheep. You are obviously more at home with mediocrity and mundanity and prefer the life of a sheep. At least before you lot could go on about flair as well as your balance sheets to compensate for your lack of achievement, only the balance sheet remains now. But hey, you still have 7-0 and a Dundee player who helped us not win something. Hope that lot works out for you.

0-7 and a Dundee player means jack to me.

I'm happy enough watching my side, occasional success and going to the pub and on away trips with my mates.

Fair enough, you have done the Lion part and I have been the sheep. But now your far worse off than the sheep and the sheeps happy enough with what he's got.

How do you know that money has went back into the club? If it has then your debt will be considerably less than ?36 million but ?8mill for Gordon, ?2mill for Bednar ?2mill for Scakel and ?1million for Hartley doesn't come to ?18 million, the debt Hearts were at with Romanov took over.

Those player sales will be on next years figures. I thought you hobos knew your accountancy principles. :wacko:

Our assets are not being stripped, they were never bought with the intentions of making a fast buck in the first place.

What the hell does that mean? Every player that comes through Hibs ranks seems to do so as they think it's the best way to get a move to the Old Firm. Hibs are a feeder club for the big two and nothing more. Hearts have made a fast buck on a few players wheras Hibs have made a slow buck, what's the difference?

The fact our former manager lost the dressing room contributes hardly anything to a properly ran club. Working at a profit, completion of training complex's and stadiums as well as the respect and trust of other clubs does.

So it's now....

floodlights, score board, European competition, sponsors, 7-0, Albert Kidd, balance sheet, profit, respect and trust of other clubs and training ground.

Imagine how happy you'd be if your TEAM (that's the 11 guys on the pitch, remember?) actually achieved anything of note. Ours have and we were there to see and what time we had. There are no highs without the lows and this is one of our lows. Hibs meanwhile just have mediocrity and lows. Thank god i'm not a hobo.

see above

0-7 and a Dundee player means jack to me.

I'm happy enough watching my side, occasional success and going to the pub and on away trips with my mates.

Fair enough, you have done the Lion part and I have been the sheep. But now your far worse off than the sheep and the sheeps happy enough with what he's got.

Good for you Rocky,but I would not swap the last couple of years for the Burley games, the cup final, splitting the OF, CL Qualifiers and outnumbering,outplaying and outscoring our biggest rivals in the biggest derby ever, I suppose you to experience these highs to understand that.

RockyBalboa
[/b]

Good for you Rocky,but I would not swap the last couple of years for the Burley games, the cup final, splitting the OF, CL Qualifiers and outnumbering,outplaying and outscoring our biggest rivals in the biggest derby ever, I suppose you to experience these highs to understand that.

I would love all them too, but if I knew it was going to come at a high price then I'd maybe give it a miss.

I wonder if the Leeds fans feel the same as the Hearts supporters or wish they stayed as the sheep.

[/b]

Same here Lou.

History shows that the top team in Edinburgh has usually been us. There have been wee spells where the Hobos have been better but we always come back and put them firmly in their place as the city's 2nd team. It wont be too long until normality returns, it always does.

I would love all them too, but if I knew it was going to come at a high price then I'd maybe give it a miss.

I wonder if the Leeds fans feel the same as the Hearts supporters or wish they stayed as the sheep.

I don't know how the Leeds fans feel, but I will bet you a pound to a penny we are not going down the Leeds route, and you have no real reason to think that we will other than hope, we will be about to haunt you lot for a very long time yet.:)

And times have stood still and you haven't been making record losses in the past couple of seasons? As well as compensations losses for sacking chief execs and managers all over the shop?!

I forgot, your degree in hobonomics means you're right. :rolleyes:

You bandy a figure of 36m based on the last accounts. Accounts that included compensation pay outs etc so I don't see their relevance now. Or perhaps you went to the Duff & Gray school of accounting practices?

Now, ?9m for Gordon, ?2.5m for Bednar and as I said I think ?1.1m for Hartley = ?12.6m.

Take this off ?36m and you are left with ?23.4m, a figure not a kick in the Aristotle from the debt level when VR took over.

But as I say, you're the one with the degree in Hobonomics.

RockyBalboa
Same here Lou.

History shows that the top team in Edinburgh has usually been us. There have been wee spells where the Hobos have been better but we always come back and put them firmly in their place as the city's 2nd team. It wont be too long until normality returns, it always does.

You can only hope. Because that sucess has left the future looking really feckin bleak from the outside.

Same here Lou.

It's the old saying about class and form that springs to mind:107years:

Haha. Quite that artist.

Not my handywork. Can't remember where I saw it tbh.

Just knew it would come in handy one day.

You bandy a figure of 36m based on the last accounts. Accounts that included compensation pay outs etc so I don't see their relevance now. Or perhaps you went to the Duff & Gray school of accounting practices?

Now, ?9m for Gordon, ?2.5m for Bednar and as I said I think ?1.1m for Hartley = ?12.6m.

Take this off ?36m and you are left with ?23.4m, a figure not a kick in the Aristotle from the debt level when VR took over.

Rocky has already shown tonight that he's quite happy to just make things up to try and prove his point. If you ever are bored enough to look at Hibs forums, thats what they do.

RockyBalboa

Was Hartley not sold the season before last? I thought he went like middle of the season or something? So thats ?24.5million. - 1 world class goalie and a Premiership striker. + record running costs.

Im no expert, not at all. It seems Hibs fans and the rest of Scottish football like the papers, the pundits etc have all got it wrong then and you are in no bother whatsoever. Silly us.

Some of rocky's point are pretty valid,with one small flaw.

We had to take the chance or we would have been finished.

Nobody else was out there at the time, willing to buy a club that was going nowhere apart from bust.

Vlad took the chance and at first made a great go of it.

Now he is making a pigs ear of it, but we are in for a penny in for a pound.

You can only hope. Because that sucess has left the future looking really feckin bleak from the outside.

Right Rocky, I am tired and want to go to bed, so tell me why does our future look so bleak.

Also when you tell us how you are insuch a blooming marvellous financial position, Can I remind you we have one substantial asset that Hibs don't (a stadium).

RockyBalboa
Rocky has already shown tonight that he's quite happy to just make things up to try and prove his point. If you ever are bored enough to look at Hibs forums, thats what they do.

Of course I make stuff up. I post stuff based on things I've read etc.

It's not a court room, it's a football forum man. It's only a bit of banter and fun to pass the time.

I think you mean you can only hope.

Hibs have never managed to be the dominant team in Edinburgh for more than a few years at a time so why should they suddenly start now?

Your bleating about balance sheets and training grounds is not going to win you the Scottish cup or make you suddenly finish 2nd. It just consoles you on a lifetime of being an also-ran. I'm just glad that i support that i've seenhave a day in the sun. If you're happy to be a sheep and to just survive on myths about flair and Dundee players instead of actual achievement, then surely you are the one with the bleaker future.

RockyBalboa
Right Rocky, I am tired and want to go to bed, so tell me why does our future look so bleak.

Also when you tell us how you are insuch a blooming marvellous financial position, Can I remind you we have one substantial asset that Hibs don't (a stadium).

Ok, your future looks brilliant. You will get a brilliant manager in, build a new backbone, cut the costs and have an excellent side challanging for Europe again.

Hibs' stadium belongs to us also. It's like my house belongs to me. Just because I'm paying a mortgage to the bank doesn't mean it's the banks. If I was to sell it tomorrow I would get my money, the bank would get the money they are due.

And your stadium belongs to Vlads bank too.

Night.

RockyBalboa
I think you mean you can only hope.

Hibs have never managed to be the dominant team in Edinburgh for more than a few years at a time so why should they suddenly start now?

Your bleating about balance sheets and training grounds is not going to win you the Scottish cup or make you suddenly finish 2nd. It just consoles you on a lifetime of being an also-ran. I'm just glad that i support that i've seenhave a day in the sun. If you're happy to be a sheep and to just survive on myths about flair and Dundee players instead of actual achievement, then surely you are the one with the bleaker future.

I don't mean I can only hope. It's not an even keel. Hearts' future looks bleak based on whats happening at your club now.

Hearts are an also ran club too. 2 trophies in absolute ages shows that. The same amount Hibs have had. Finishing second one time in 30 years doesn't change that either.

Was Hartley not sold the season before last? I thought he went like middle of the season or something? So thats ?24.5million. - 1 world class goalie and a Premiership striker. + record running costs.

Im no expert, not at all. It seems Hibs fans and the rest of Scottish football like the papers, the pundits etc have all got it wrong then and you are in no bother whatsoever. Silly us.

I believe that the Hartley sale was not included in the recent accounts as it was in a different tax year, although as i have said i may be wrong.

Pundits? Very, very few i would believe.

Journalists? If they were correct then we wold be employing at least three managers right now.

Club accounts, well they have to be vetted and are probably the closest we have to the truth. (Duff & Gray being the exception to the rule i suppose!)

Silly you? Well going by the football team you support I'll let others decide on that statement.

Finishing second one time in 30 years doesn't change that either.

Probably our 4th second place in 30 years, which isn't great, but still highlights your disregard of fact for supposition and quite frankly that you talk bollocks.

RockyBalboa
I believe that the Hartley sale was not included in the recent accounts as it was in a different tax year, although as i have said i may be wrong.

Pundits? Very, very few i would believe.

Journalists? If they were correct then we wold be employing at least three managers right now.

Club accounts, well they have to be vetted and are probably the closest we have to the truth. (Duff & Gray being the exception to the rule i suppose!)

Silly you? Well going by the football team you support I'll let others decide on that statement.

How can 17 months be in the same tax year though? You sold Hartley in January and your last accounts came out in April or somewhere about that?

Tax Year runs in football from July to July too so I can't see how him and Bednar who were sold 18 months apart could be in the same accounts!?

Enough accounts talk, I hate it. Seriously and I'll admit I know sod all about them.

I don't mean I can only hope. It's not an even keel. Hearts' future looks bleak based on whats happening at your club now.

Hearts are an also ran club too. 2 trophies in absolute ages shows that. The same amount Hibs have had. Finishing second one time in 30 years doesn't change that either.

2 worthwhile trophies in the last 10 years compared to Hibs nil. In fact, no other team in the league other than us and the OF has won either of the worthwhile trophies in the last decade. Also, no other team apart from us and the OF have finished 2nd in SPL history or played in the Champions League. Not also rans by any means, we have done what others have been unable to. You can try to twist it all you want but the fact remains, we have achieved more than Hibs and every other non OF team in the last decade.

RockyBalboa
Probably our 4th second place in 30 years, which isn't great, but still highlights your disregard of fact for supposition and quite frankly that you talk bollocks.

Sorry I meant 20.

RockyBalboa
2 worthwhile trophies in the last 10 years compared to Hibs nil. In fact, no other team in the league other than us and the OF has won either of the worthwhile trophies in the last decade. Also, no other team apart from us and the OF have finished 2nd in SPL history or played in the Champions League. Not also rans by any means, we have done what others have been unable to. You can try to twist it all you want but the fact remains, we have achieved more than Hibs and every other non OF team in the last decade.

Aye, and look how much it's cost you compared to any other non OF side.

Im away to bed anyway.

Sorry Rocky but once again you've been shown up for making up facts and figures to suit yourself.

Flair with facts, it's the Hibernian way.

Sorry Rocky but once again you've been shown up for making up facts and figures to suit yourself.

AKA The Hibernimyth.

Phrase courtesy of Seymour Hersh I think.

RockyBalboa

I said I meant 20, which isnt bollox?

When have Hearts finished 2nd in the last 20 years? Apart from last time?

I said I meant 20, which isnt bollox?

When have Hearts finished 2nd in the last 20 years? Apart from last time?

I didn't say they did.

If you say 30 but mean 20, how can we have a reasonable discussion on anything? ;)

heartsfc_fan
Aye, and look how much it's cost you compared to any other non OF side.

Im away to bed anyway.

Might aswell spend a bit more and be ambitious....unlike Hibs on the other hand ;)

The life of a Hibs fan eh ?

Street urchins in the Indian sub-continent have a better quality of life than any filthy hobo. Fact. :)

winston churchill

getting back to the original point.

i am still waiting for one of the chumps providing evidence of our empty seats.

PresidentRomanov

This thread's hilarious :)

If Rocky show's his face on this board again, he's an even bigger spazzer than this thread suggests :dribble:

Ok, your future looks brilliant. You will get a brilliant manager in, build a new backbone, cut the costs and have an excellent side challanging for Europe again.

Hibs' stadium belongs to us also. It's like my house belongs to me. Just because I'm paying a mortgage to the bank doesn't mean it's the banks. If I was to sell it tomorrow I would get my money, the bank would get the money they are due.

And your stadium belongs to Vlads bank too.

Night.

How this slavering parasite who seeks attention on here all the time hasn't been removed completely baffles me.He obviously lives like a typical long suffering Hobo and defiance is all he has. Maybe the Mods just feel sorry for him??:rolleyes:

Too true. I saw about 3 hobos outside the stadium the whole time it took to get there:) One of them had decided to take a walk round to our end and was standing open mouthed and depressed at the sight of us bouncing:107years: So if your reading this Degenerate, Aye you have lost the right to laugh at Hearts for a very long fecking time:107years::107years:

Of course he's reading this.

He spends 24/7 reading this board like the sad bitter trumpet that he is.

People like him , Mikey and the rest of the gimps that post over there will live out the rest of their miserable lives knowing they chose the wrong team to support as youngsters but are now stuck with it.

The level of anguish they feel as a result is almost pityable.

:107years:

Notice that they are now using the 'Hearts are not respected by the other SFA clubs' line now. Also, we are not 'honest'.

Archived