How Would You Vote in IndyRef2?

Highlander

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I can't say I know the details of the Barclays situation and why it differs from RBS.  The fact is that RBS was going bust without the immediate intervention of the government.  Why this happened is solely the blame for the Labour government for failing to monitor the UK banks and building societies or legislate to protect against irresponsible lending and lack of liquidity.

The SNP government were equally as complacent as Labour, with Salmond holding these banks up as glowing examples of Scottish success.  However, the SNP didn't have the powers of central government to act here even if they had forseen it.

I think your last paragraph is a tad niave.  A successful independent Scotland needs to grow jobs not toss them over the border to England.

It’s not about being naive it’s what would happen and basically it’s what is already here. RBS or whoever is here has business here in mortgages, loans etc and they won’t throw anything away they’re not that stupid. It’s in all their interests and ours of course to make the transition as smooth as possible. 

RBS would’ve went bust regardless of Scotland being independent or not and the rUK government was on the hook for the controlling the contagion in the rUK in that case NOT the Scottish taxpayer. It was a global crash, banks failed everywhere but Gordon Brown and that other twat Darling tried to make out the sky would’ve fell in only on Scotland. The lies these people have told us. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• frankblack

• Boris

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated tally...

Yes still in a comfortable lead on here. 

Yes

No

Undecided

Konrad Von Carstein

Carl Weathers*

Geoff the Mince*

Thommo414

Gorgiewave

AlphonseCapone*

Cade

Brighton Jambo

Stokesy**

Moogsy***

Jambo-Jimbo*

The Frenchman Returns*

GrumpyJambo

Irufushi

Horatio Caine**

The Brow

Ricardo Shillyshally

Sooperstar*

IndianaJones

PortobelloJambo1

Jack D and Coke

Cruyff Turn

Dawnrazor***

Doctor Jambo**

Roxy Hearts

ArgyJambo

Tian447**

Herbert

Lemongrab*

Gambo

Smithee***

Superjack

RedJambo** 

ToqueJambo

Stevie

Sarah O

Jambo_Gaz

Der Kaiser

Benny

All Roads Lead to Gorgie

JonnoTheJambo

Ibiza Jambo

12XU

Helzibob**

Dannie Boy

Ray Gin

JamboX2*

Lord BJ**

Frankblack*

Pans Jambo

ManAliveIts105

Boris

Dougal

Been Here Before

JimKongUno*

NormTheBarman

richiehmfc

Praha06

Poseidon*

Scottish_chicP

Hasselhoff

OmiyaHearts

Thunderstruck

Marvin***

Pablo

Space Mackerel

SkacelSid

Jamhammer

EastsideJambo

Coconut Doug

JackLadd

Hunky Dory

Shooter McGavin*

Bez

Jambos_1874

PsychocAndy

EddiePolio 

Boof

Pcw1874

Jake

GeoMac

Skinny Milinkovic

Ri Alban

Mysterion

Hmfc_liam06**

Assassin

Alan_R

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Updated tally...

Yes still in a comfortable lead on here. 

Yes

No

Undecided

Konrad Von Carstein

Carl Weathers*

Geoff the Mince*

Thommo414

Gorgiewave

AlphonseCapone*

Cade

Brighton Jambo

Stokesy**

Moogsy***

Jambo-Jimbo*

The Frenchman Returns*

GrumpyJambo

Irufushi

Horatio Caine**

The Brow

Ricardo Shillyshally

Sooperstar*

IndianaJones

PortobelloJambo1

Jack D and Coke

Cruyff Turn

Dawnrazor***

Doctor Jambo**

Roxy Hearts

ArgyJambo

Tian447**

Herbert

Lemongrab*

Gambo

Smithee***

Superjack

RedJambo** 

ToqueJambo

Stevie

Sarah O

Jambo_Gaz

Der Kaiser

Benny

All Roads Lead to Gorgie

JonnoTheJambo

Ibiza Jambo

12XU

Helzibob**

Dannie Boy

Ray Gin

JamboX2*

Lord BJ**

Frankblack*

Pans Jambo

ManAliveIts105

Boris

Dougal

Been Here Before

JimKongUno*

NormTheBarman

richiehmfc

Praha06

Poseidon*

Scottish_chicP

Hasselhoff

OmiyaHearts

Thunderstruck

Marvin***

Pablo

Space Mackerel

SkacelSid

Jamhammer

EastsideJambo

Coconut Doug

JackLadd

Hunky Dory

Shooter McGavin*

Bez

Jambos_1874

PsychocAndy

EddiePolio 

Boof

Pcw1874

Jake

GeoMac

Skinny Milinkovic

Ri Alban

Mysterion

Hmfc_liam06**

Assassin

Alan_R

The poll before indyref had Yes in the lead too by a decent margin. 

On 25/09/2018 at 17:57, frankblack said:

We were guaranteed that oil money would prop up the Scottish economy in the SNP white paper before the Indy referendum.  That collapsed spectacularly in months after the vote.

A bonus was the word. What's the oil price now? 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

A bonus was the word. What's the oil price now? 

So, is Aberdeen booming again due to Oil or do we have a temporary blip, and how long is the Oil forecast to last in Scotland's waters, anyway as I thought we were just about at End of Life there?

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So, is Aberdeen booming again due to Oil or do we have a temporary blip, and how long is the Oil forecast to last in Scotland's waters, anyway as I thought we were just about at End of Life there?

BP Vorlich approved yesterday. Aye it's deid! 

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

BP Vorlich approved yesterday. Aye it's deid! 

Ok - but you haven't answered my questions.  Has the Oil industry recovered in Aberdeen?

17 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The poll before indyref had Yes in the lead too by a decent margin. 

Of course, our poll doesn't account for the vast hordes of hun in Scotland. 

Tel you what though, I'm so glad I'm not on the same side as them, that would really make me question myself. 

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Tel you what though, I'm so glad I'm not on the same side as them, that would really make me question myself. 

Naive or stupid, not sure which - maybe both. 

Do you think all of those who believe in the Union (the majority of those living in Scotland) are “huns”?

Such categorisation or use of generalities begs a question about who you would tolerate on “your side”.

14 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Do you think all of those who believe in the Union (the majority of those living in Scotland) are “huns”?

Such categorisation or use of generalities begs a question about who you would tolerate on “your side”.

Of course he doesn't, if you read the comment correctly.

You admit as much by asking the same question back!

Space Mackerel
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Majority of Sevco and Celtic fans supported independence funnily enough at the time, probably more now.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/old-firm-united-both-celtic-3598872

Edited by Space Mackerel

46 minutes ago, Boris said:

Of course he doesn't, if you read the comment correctly.

You admit as much by asking the same question back!

Really?

It is the same lazy stereotyping that was used on here recently to class the multiethnic, multi-faith and multinational workforce at BAe as “huns” - presumably because the yard is in Govan - simply because some facts gave lie to nationalist claims. 

There are other idiots who take a diametrically (and equally wrong) opposite view of nationalists.  

The scab on the sectarian sore that affects Scotland does not need picking and the association of “Hun” with opponents of nationalism is not acting as a salve. 

Edited by Thunderstruck

10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Majority of Sevco and Celtic fans supported independence funnily enough at the time, probably more now.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/old-firm-united-both-celtic-3598872

I think there's a general acceptance that the voting intentions of football fans aren't particularly indicative of those of the wider public, the vast majority of whom rarely or never attend football matches  so that doesn't really tell us much.

Edited by SwindonJambo

14 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I think there's a general acceptance that the voting intentions of football fans aren't particularly indicative of those of the wider public, the vast majority of whom rarely or never attend football matches  so that doesn't really tell us much.

The inclusion of “not scientific” and “carried out for pro-independence website Wings over Scotland” suggests the strong whiff of a farmyard slurry tank. 

Space Mackerel
50 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I never said they were, I just posted a link that said there was a majority in Sevco and Celtic.

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Really?

It is the same lazy stereotyping that was used on here recently to class the multiethnic, multi-faith and multinational workforce at BAe as “huns” - presumably because the yard is in Govan - simply because some facts gave lie to nationalist claims. 

There are other idiots who take a diametrically (and equally wrong) opposite view of nationalists.  

The scab on the sectarian sore that affects Scotland does not need picking and the association of “Hun” with opponents of nationalism is not acting as a salve. 

I really think you've missed the point of Smith ees post, but there you go. 

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

I didn't say that because I don't think that.

The hun are the rangers, and only the rangers, anything else is just mud slinging.

Crap at reading comprehension or so desperate to score a point you'll make stuff up, not sure which - maybe both. 

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

I really think you've missed the point of Smith ees post, but there you go. 

Correct, and fairly obvious too you'd think

Space Mackerel
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Ok - but you haven't answered my questions.  Has the Oil industry recovered in Aberdeen?

Did you miss this? I don't think The Daily Mail or The Hootsman print anything for some strange reason. Probably the BBC omitted it too.

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/north-sea/182300/total-gas-find-could-be-biggest-in-10-years/

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did you miss this? I don't think The Daily Mail or The Hootsman print anything for some strange reason. Probably the BBC omitted it too.

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/north-sea/182300/total-gas-find-could-be-biggest-in-10-years/

The question I've been asking is will it make a difference in recovering the Oil and Gas sector in Aberdeen?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What's changed Walter?

Westminster  long list of broken promises . Brexit.  And I was quite young at the time in 2014 times change people change their mind and opinions on things.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say that because I don't think that.

The hun are the rangers, and only the rangers, anything else is just mud slinging.

Crap at reading comprehension or so desperate to score a point you'll make stuff up, not sure which - maybe both. 

What, then, do you think? Are you now saying that that voting in that referendum was driven purely by allegiance to a football team and that, uniquely, Rangers fans - to a man - are pro-Union?

If so, you are ill-informed as to the voting patterns of “huns”, as you describe them, as some of them are, indeed, “on the same side as you”. You should probably treat yourself to some soul-searching.  

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

What, then, do you think? Are you now saying that that voting in that referendum was driven purely by allegiance to a football team and that, uniquely, Rangers fans - to a man - are pro-Union?

If so, you are ill-informed as to the voting patterns of “huns”, as you describe them, as some of them are, indeed, “on the same side as you”. You should probably treat yourself to some soul-searching.  

:laugh: aye sound

5 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

They didn’t actually.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-45625287

It’s certainly Good news and will keep Sullom Voe open a bit longer. It’s hardly ian economic game changer but it’s certainly good for those involved. 

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

The question I've been asking is will it make a difference in recovering the Oil and Gas sector in Aberdeen?

I thought I posted this yesterday. They're are 40000 jobs to be filled by 2030. Is that good or bad? 

6 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

:cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I thought I posted this yesterday. There are 40000 jobs to be filled by 2030. Is that good or bad? 

Space Mackerel
9 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

They didn’t actually.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-45625287

It’s certainly Good news and will keep Sullom Voe open a bit longer. It’s hardly ian economic game changer but it’s certainly good for those involved. 

Normally any good news news about Scotland is hidden deep down inside the BBC sections as is here, somewhere in the business bit. 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Normally any good news news about Scotland is hidden deep down inside the BBC sections as is here, somewhere in the business bit. 

It was on the UK News Main Page on the day. 

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Really. The main U.K. news? 

Yes. All news stories are categorised as Business/Health/Politics or whatever, regardless of whether on News Home Page or not. This particular news item was shown on the News home page. I know you’re heavily prejudiced against the BBC, but you should try to be dispassionate occasionally and have an open mind, though being suspicious is no bad thing. The BBC actually gave the story decent coverage.

As I say, good news for those involved, good news for the company and it extends the life of Sullom Voe for a while longer. I don’t see how it particularly benefits Aberdeen but someone familiar with the oil and gas industry might tell us. It certainly doesn’t benefit the environment and runs diametrically opposite the Scottish Government’s Renewable Energy Policy. Scotland has a long way to go before it becomes the ‘Saudi Arabia of Renewable Energy’ but I hope it gets there one day.

Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Yes. All news stories are categorised as Business/Health/Politics or whatever, regardless of whether on News Home Page or not. This particular news item was shown on the News home page. I know you’re heavily prejudiced against the BBC, but you should try to be dispassionate occasionally and have an open mind, though being suspicious is no bad thing. The BBC actually gave the story decent coverage.

As I say, good news for those involved, good news for the company and it extends the life of Sullom Voe for a while longer. I don’t see how it particularly benefits Aberdeen but someone familiar with the oil and gas industry might tell us. It certainly doesn’t benefit the environment and runs diametrically opposite the Scottish Government’s Renewable Energy Policy. Scotland has a long way to go before it becomes the ‘Saudi Arabia of Renewable Energy’ but I hope it gets there one day.

Fair enough. Frank Black never seemed to be aware and he is glued to BBC stuff, The Daily Mail and The Hootsman. 

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Total being a French company, having its own private school set up in Aberdeen too, how is Brexit going to affect labour supplies. 

I suspect some of the more ardent Unionist and Brexit supporters will be encouraged their kids to directional drillers etc now?

https://www.compelo.com/energy/news/brexit-uk-oil-gas/

You must realise that Pro EU/ Pro Brexit is by no means split strictly along Unionist/Nationalist lines. Very far from it. But though no fan of the EU, I voted remain and agree there might be problems here. All depends on whatever Brexit deal we get.

Space Mackerel
46 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

You must realise that Pro EU/ Pro Brexit is by no means split strictly along Unionist/Nationalist lines. Very far from it. But though no fan of the EU, I voted remain and agree there might be problems here. All depends on whatever Brexit deal we get.

Just throwing it out there for thought.

Anyway, I’m off to Tynie, enjoy the rest of your afternoon. ??

40 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Just throwing it out there for thought.

Anyway, I’m off to Tynie, enjoy the rest of your afternoon. ??

I’m jealous and I hope you enjoy the game. A lot. I’ll be here listening for news on Radio Scotland. Interview with Ann Budge coming up. Will travel up for a game in a few weeks.

HHGH

Thank you TM. Taking back the Borders, no preferential treatment for the EU citizens. 

Don't greet when Scotland does the same with you and your citizens post indy. 

Looking forward to the Under one Banner march on Saturday afternoon.  Should be a really uplifting afternoon for all involved. 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Looking forward to the Under one Banner march on Saturday afternoon.  Should be a really uplifting afternoon for all involved. 

Heading along for this too.

5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

image.png.b0f7e45b8f94874b3267d81b25aebc0f.png

I might go along and throw soap, judging by previous marches.