Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

HEARTS FOREVER
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Like Michael Stewart :whistling:

He’s played once for Manchester United which is the same as Adam Eckersley. I know Mitchell looked brilliant when he played for us but he’s not what I’d call in and around the first team. 

I think you miss my point.

He plays for Man Utd and had been included in the pre season 1st team tour. He is a young guy with ambition. The players you quote had their chance and failed. I'm sure he will be putting full attention into his own prospects at MU. 

Hearts will be nowhere near the lads mind.

Time to move on.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

Half time pie

Agree. All his social media stuff is rammed with Man U love in. He obviously wants to be there next season.

4 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I think you miss my point.

He plays for Man Utd and had been included in the pre season 1st team tour. He is a young guy with ambition. The players you quote had their chance and failed. I'm sure he will be putting full attention into his own prospects at MU. 

Hearts will be nowhere near the lads mind.

Time to move on.

I think you missed mine. Just because someone has had the slightest taste of first team football at Manchester United doesn’t mean they will make it there. 

If there are top end championship clubs sniffing around then fair enough we will almost certainly be outbid. 

His decision to play in the lower divisions affected his career, no doubt.  Had he gone down south, I think he'd have been a better player but I believe he stagnated.  That said, a LW that stagnated for the experience is still a very good footballer. IIRC, he was called up for the national team whilst playing in the championship.  

If circumstances allowed ie he get's released on a free,  i'd be happy to get him back for a year or two.  Steady a problem position, knows the club and a one legged LW is a better proposition than some of the dross we've endured in his position in recent years.

All about opinions Herbert, I see you're a new member, so you'll come to understand that there are all sorts on here.  Hell, we even had a Hearts 'supporter' who wanted Hibs to win the derby.  Couldn't make it up.

38 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How long has it been since we sold him? He is pish and everytime the left back position is mentioned his name comes up. 

Just to answer my question incase you skip over it, its 7years since we sold him and he spent 4 of them in the lower leagues and missed probably a full season through injury. The guy is past it I would rather have sowah back. 

Edited by EH11

15 minutes ago, EH11 said:

His decision to play in the lower divisions affected his career, no doubt.  Had he gone down south, I think he'd have been a better player but I believe he stagnated.  That said, a LW that stagnated for the experience is still a very good footballer. IIRC, he was called up for the national team whilst playing in the championship.  

If circumstances allowed ie he get's released on a free,  i'd be happy to get him back for a year or two.  Steady a problem position, knows the club and a one legged LW is a better proposition than some of the dross we've endured in his position in recent years.

All about opinions Herbert, I see you're a new member, so you'll come to understand that there are all sorts on here.  Hell, we even had a Hearts 'supporter' who wanted Hibs to win the derby.  Couldn't make it up.

He only got called up to the Scotland squad to keep the rangers fans happy. Do you really think he is was in with a chance of a game with Robertson and Tierney in his position, He's not only stagnated he's regressed as a player and he's very injury prone. He would expect a hefty wage and would contribute nothing. The strongest part of his game was his ability to get forward Wallace 7 years ago would be a great player for us,Wallace now would just set us back he's not fit enough to play a wing back role and his defending isn't very good.

rick witter
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Hmmn Derby are a funny team - seem to like to change managers (6 in last 3 seasons) which makes them a risky proposition for a loanee, especially with a managerial novice currently in the job. Very easy to waste a year going on loan to such a club. I reckon we are actually a better proposition.

Playing in a top half championship team or a top half Scottish Premier team?? It’s a no brainer really. We won’t be getting him back. 

14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Playing in a top half championship team or a top half Scottish Premier team?? It’s a no brainer really. We won’t be getting him back. 

Think you missed my point entirely....

Worth noting that Derby already have a few left backs:

1. Craig Forsyth

2. Marcus Olsson

3. Max Lowe (20 year old and England Youth international).

Plus they are reportedly getting ready to splash the cash on Kasey Palmer from Chelsea.

So if Mitchell in, one would be anticipating 1 or 2 established left backs out. Is that really likely for Derby?

SURPRISED he’s not playing in the WCF for England against france tomorrow.

Cruyff Turn
53 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He only got called up to the Scotland squad to keep the rangers fans happy. Do you really think he is was in with a chance of a game with Robertson and Tierney in his position, He's not only stagnated he's regressed as a player and he's very injury prone. He would expect a hefty wage and would contribute nothing. The strongest part of his game was his ability to get forward Wallace 7 years ago would be a great player for us,Wallace now would just set us back he's not fit enough to play a wing back role and his defending isn't very good.

This was apparently one of the reasons McLeish was appointment, the beaks were unhappy with the balance of the Scotland team as it contained too many Celtic players. So expect to see Jamie Murphy and any other Sevconian picked to play for Scotland despite not being the 'best option'. 

portobellojambo1
37 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I have a hunch he'll still come to us. :ninja:

I was reading something this morning where he, personally, has indicated he'd like to come back here on loan, but I think at the moment it is a bit out of his control as Man Utd are making the decisions. From looking at what he says online he is a huge Man Utd fan and I don't think he has even considered leaving permanently. It all depends on whetehr Man U wany him as much as he wants to be there, and if they end up wanting another season to gauge where he is then he could end up back with us.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was reading something this morning where he, personally, has indicated he'd like to come back here on loan, but I think at the moment it is a bit out of his control as Man Utd are making the decisions. From looking at what he says online he is a huge Man Utd fan and I don't think he has even considered leaving permanently. It all depends on whetehr Man U wany him as much as he wants to be there, and if they end up wanting another season to gauge where he is then he could end up back with us.

Yip, be good to get him back, even for a season. 

If we are likely to play a back 3 with wingbacks, is it possible Bobby Burns is being lined up as Garruchios competition?

What do people say after viewing him today?

rick witter
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This was apparently one of the reasons McLeish was appointment, the beaks were unhappy with the balance of the Scotland team as it contained too many Celtic players. So expect to see Jamie Murphy and any other Sevconian picked to play for Scotland despite not being the 'best option'. 

Scotland surly with the state we are in should just pick the best players regardless of who they play for. 

1 hour ago, saxondale said:

500k is daylight robbery.

Yep.  A season in the championship at he will be worth £6m next year. 

10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Only just heard Derby are in for Demitri ? Always the last to know

image.jpeg.ae7a1dafac6d467dfb91db7e4c5864ff.jpeg

I'd take Lee Wallace back if he leaves the huns. Wouldn't pay money for him (not that we could anyway) though. I think a third LB is needed with Garrucio and Burns still being relatively young. 

Burley played Wallace in CDM for a while, if he came back I'd be interested to see how that would go (assuming either of our existing LBs are good enough).

Funtime Jambo
7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

:thumbsup:

If 500k is in the ballpark we should be playing in that field. He'd be a great investment at that kind of figure 

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If 500k is in the ballpark we should be playing in that field. He'd be a great investment at that kind of figure 

Nothing to do with our club.  He doesn’t see his future up here.  

I would have thought there were numerous factors at play here with Man Utd key to most of then.

Do they see a future for him at the club?  Do they want to loan him out for another season?  Did they think being at Hearts was good for his development? Would he be happy to come back to us?

If the answer to all that is yes, Derby can stick it.  When did they ever win a world championship?

King Of The Cat Cafe

I think that Craig Levein already has his preferred back three in mind - and one of those is not Mitchell.

Over to you, Levein haters...

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I think that Craig Levein already has his preferred back three in mind - and one of those is not Mitchell.

I would like to hope not given Mitchell is a wing back.

feedtheroman2

It's frustrating as hell to think that he could be going for 500k. 

In this day and age, for a player of his calibre, that would be a steal.

The sooner we have a bit more expendable income the better!

1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

Nothing to do with our club.  He doesn’t see his future up here.  

Ah, cheers for the insight.  I hope we don't bother trying then.

10 hours ago, saxondale said:

500k is daylight robbery.

It’s offensive. Lampards not got a hope in hell with that offer

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Ah, cheers for the insight.  I hope we don't bother trying then.

:rofl:Exactly. Some folk

Edited by 1971fozzy

HEARTS FOREVER
16 hours ago, King prawn said:

I think you missed mine. Just because someone has had the slightest taste of first team football at Manchester United doesn’t mean they will make it there. 

If there are top end championship clubs sniffing around then fair enough we will almost certainly be outbid. 

I never said he would make it there. I'm saying his focus and attention will be TRYING to make it there.

Not at Hearts unfortunately. 

It would be great to get Demi for another season, loans have a big part to play, but permanent signings are more important in regard of building for the future, I have high hopes that Ben Garuccio left wing-back and Bobby Burns left-mid between them can give us a strong attacking left side,  with Burns tucking in at times when Ben is high up the park, as he likes to be. They can share attacking and defensive duties. It would be great if Liam Smith has developed enough to make the right-wing back slot his own, with Brandon and Godinho side-lined. He had big boots to fill when he had to come for Callum Paterson previously, he is not a Callum, that pressure should be off him now and he may just be the answer. It may be between him and Michael, although Michael may also be seen as cover for the back three and defensive mid.

12 hours ago, davie1980 said:

If we are likely to play a back 3 with wingbacks, is it possible Bobby Burns is being lined up as Garruchios competition?

He certainly looked the part at Forfar yesterday. Got up and down the park sturdy build,great crosser. Looked like a young Gary Naysmith.

19 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I have a hunch he'll still come to us. :ninja:

Me too. It may be that MU may feel that he'll get game time with us and develop better here. 

Seymour M Hersh
20 hours ago, Gilamas said:

Worth noting that Derby already have a few left backs:

1. Craig Forsyth

2. Marcus Olsson

3. Max Lowe (20 year old and England Youth international).

Plus they are reportedly getting ready to splash the cash on Kasey Palmer from Chelsea.

So if Mitchell in, one would be anticipating 1 or 2 established left backs out. Is that really likely for Derby?

Kudos to your investigative expertise! :thumbsup:

Stephen Muddie
12 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Would be a great point if Demi was a centre back.

I feel we should (if at all possible) be looking to match that sort of offer. The wages we would be unlikely to match but at least itd show him how much we want him and give us a chance to at least talk with him. 

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Would be a great point if Demi was a centre back.

haha, beat me to it. 

you've got to think that there will be other LB/ LWB options.

Abd another attacking,  wide player.

here's hoping 

21 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

i could guarantee that if SOAPY were to be sold to newco he'd be right into the Scotland team.

Captain Canada

I think Burns will be a great player for us. He's made some assists already and from what I've read, he has a fantastic attitude and motivation to succeed. 

Famous 1874

Wonder what figure Man Utd would want if they wanted to sell Demi. If the fee was fine for us and he was keen to come back we could always give them a buy back price on him (for a good chunk of cash) as part of a future clause. 

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Wonder what figure Man Utd would want if they wanted to sell Demi. If the fee was fine for us and he was keen to come back we could always give them a buy back price on him (for a good chunk of cash) as part of a future clause. 

Doesn't matter what fee they would want.  We could neither afford it or his wage demands.

We are where we are.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Doesn't matter what fee they would want.  We could neither afford it or his wage demands.

We are where we are.

Man Utd are minted enough that they probably wouldn’t care about a fee once they decided he wasn’t in their plans. Wage demands - now that’s another story.

25 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Man Utd are minted enough that they probably wouldn’t care about a fee once they decided he wasn’t in their plans. Wage demands - now that’s another story.

He isn’t part of their plans and is leaving this summer either on loan to shop window him in the Championship or a permanent move to there. 

20 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Neither are very tall, Burns is stocky, strong and has played in a few different positions already. Both look happiest going forward. On the basis he has looked better albeit had far more time on field I’d be opting for Burns if a choice between the two. To be fair Garrucio has seen very little game time and may just need a little more to settle in. Good to have options and reserve league for this very purpose