• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clear few

• Sooperstar

• rudi must stay

• Bridge of Djoum

Interesting one. He’s doing brilliantly in midfield but having him there we are weaker at the back. What does everyone think? Michael Smith will obv play right back in a 4 but do we throw him in to the back three as well? 

Does Haring still play in midfield when Djoum and cochrane are fit?

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Interesting one. He’s doing brilliantly in midfield but having him there we are weaker at the back. What does everyone think? Michael Smith will obv play right back in a 4 but do we throw him in to the back three as well? 

Smith played centre back against Celtic in the 4-0 game so I'd have no problem with him on the right side of a three. 

Haring will be hard to dislodge if he keeps up that level of performance.

Kirky Jambo

Was very good today. His nutmeg of the Hamilton player near the end was very enjoyable.

Fingers crossed he can perform as well as that against tougher opposition.

pupstersajambo

Haring looks the real deal. Strong midfielder who is going to score. His centre half qualities allow him to read the game and break up play well, but he's more of a footballer than a CH, reminds me a little of Julien Brellier, although it may just be the headband!

Ok well said 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

John Millar-esque

Ok mibbe not Fultonesque but I’d deffo take John Millaresque!   Great shout David ?

Hope he carries this on.

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

I think he'll go back to CB once our midfielders are fit. Great option to have at the back as well though, with his passing ability and vision.

3 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

I think he'll go back to CB once our midfielders are fit. Great option to have at the back as well though, with his passing ability and vision.

I wouldn't,why when he is playing so well?it's up to others to win his place...if it ain't broken don't fix it.

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I wouldn't,why when he is playing so well?it's up to others to win his place...if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Because our back 3 is weaker with Hughes/Smith in it.

11 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Because our back 3 is weaker with Hughes/Smith in it.

Id bring in a right wing back.

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

He can still score the type of goals he scored today from central defence.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Clear few said:

Ok well said 

Ok mibbe not Fultonesque but I’d deffo take John Millaresque!   Great shout David ?

Hope he carries this on.

It's meant as a compliment ?

59 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He can still score the type of goals he scored today from central defence.

Exactly.

I’m sure Haring will be decent in defence, but sometimes players find positions in teams that fit like a glove. Hartley springs to mind.

its early days but at the moment he’s undroppable in this position. Imagine the seethe if he’s dropped or moved back and we get beat ?

i said it v Cowdenbeath he looks great in midfield. Works tirelessly and is hitting the net. 

Fast becoming a real stalwart in this side. Big game coming up but that aside can’t wait to see him v the vermin

3fingersreid

the last time a centre half wearing the no 5 jersey played in that role was a certain Darren Barr and that season finished not too badly ?. 

Looks like the guy guy has settled right into the Scottish game , looking forward to seeing how he does against better opposition 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Too good a player to be wasted at cb.

From what I've seen he could play anywhere and excel. Terrific attitude, he's a winner

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sure Haring will be decent in defence, but sometimes players find positions in teams that fit like a glove. Hartley springs to mind.

its early days but at the moment he’s undroppable in this position. Imagine the seethe if he’s dropped or moved back and we get beat ?

i said it v Cowdenbeath he looks great in midfield. Works tirelessly and is hitting the net. 

Fast becoming a real stalwart in this side. Big game coming up but that aside can’t wait to see him v the vermin

Very much this - for the moment, but still early days for the team as a whole but really liking what i am seeing.

Bazzas right boot

He's a physical threat.

He will help bully the lesser teams.

My fear is that v the better teams  he will be found out.

Having said that, it's all about balance, not individual players and our commander in chief knows more about that in me.

On 8/5/2018 at 04:15, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

My fear is that v the better teams  he will be found out.

Still have that fear? Outstanding performance today. Souttar was immense but Haring can count himself unlucky not to have been handed the MOTM award.

Bossed the game today and instrumental in the middle of the park.

Early days still but looks to be one of the better signings of the summer.

Was mostly excellent today although a couple of times nearly got caught out as he didn't clear his lines quick enough. 

Good closing down and awareness in midfield. 

Top drawer performance from him today 

we look much better as a unit defensively having him on the team

amountvof times he broke up play today was unbelievable - reads the game very very well

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

Still have that fear? Outstanding performance today. Souttar was immense but Haring can count himself unlucky not to have been handed the MOTM award.

Doubt anyone fears that. The boy is a player. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Good performance from the lad a d the team. 

First time I’ve seen him in the flesh. Top drawer. Skill, effort, composure.

Wish he’d just hoof it out of the box though. My old heart can’t stand it

On 8/5/2018 at 01:14, Napier said:

Witteveen?

Opened the thread to this post.

Huge man love for the guy, So composed and by god did he not almost add to his tally today.

If Christophe is out long term I think we will push him back to defence I really hope not.

Not because he is a bad defender but he is so influencial in our last third and the oppositions it is incredible.

I hesitate to say a box to box midfielder because you naturally assume a marauding midfielder, He assumes the role

of a holding midfielder but can be quite comfortable all over if on the oppositions 18 yard line or on ours.

MY MoM also.

Edited by Neon

Skivingatwork

Thought the big fella was outstanding today, won the ball all over the park, must have covered every blade of grass on the pitch.