Haring

Clear few

Not all his passes went as intended, but he got on the ball a huge amount today, and was our dominant midfielder. Quite impressed.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clear few

• Sooperstar

• rudi must stay

• Bridge of Djoum

I didnt think he was great today, he was ok but again his passing isnt what i expect in midfield and thats fair enough as he is a centre half.

I think we are trying to cram him in because the other two are preferred.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:27, Beats said:

5-0 against a pub team who were down to 10 men. If you can't see things will be very different against a decent team then it's pointless debating with you. 

Hope you're well though. 

Fcuks sake not another 5-0 victory, that Craig Levein guy still dragging us down. :getout:

Bazzas right boot

Ok v this opposition.

Broke up play well and had a few nice touches and turns.

The simple pass can sometime allude him tho and he lost the ball too often.

I think Edwards, Djoum, Harry will replace him in there going forward.

Another upgrade on the likes of Novak tho.

All our players look to have been an upgrade from last season, apart maybe from the keeper, but even he looks decent and commanding.

Mclean/ Ulche- better than Stockton and Goncalves ( I liked him but was too ineffective at times)

left side- better than playing right backs there.

Lee- looks like he'll improve us.

Mulanery- wide/ pacey option

Much more options and competition all around v last year.

Being greedy I'd like another proven attack minded midfielder ( assuming Cowie, Ross and Martin won't feature much/ away.)

If we can get it together, as an attacking force -

Djoum                 Lee

Naismith

Lafferty    Ulche

Looks not bad at all.

Judge Fudge

Thought he was pretty composed today. Also like the look of Bozanic and Lee. All three have looked pretty tidy in possession. With Djoum, McDonald, Cochrane and Naismith just in front the competition for places in midfield can only be gd for us. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Fcuks sake not another 5-0 victory, that Craig Levein guy still dragging us down. :getout:

It's going to be increasingly more difficult for the haters to hate as the season progresses.

:robbo:

Tennant's  6's

He always showed for the ball, which is good to see. Sold his teamates short at times but a decent option to have.  

Would probably prefer a slightly more composed player in there though against better opposition 

56 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Haha.

Played well today no doubt about that. They all did.

How you doing anyway? Not seen you for ages.

For me, he still looks like extactly what he is. A defender playing in midfield.

Edited by Lambo85

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

JKB, the forum for schizophrenic opinions!

Only read last for posts, all spot on, compared to those who thought he was dreadful.

I thought he was pish midweek and good today. It's not a scitzophrenic opinion, it's just an opinion on how he has done in each game.

Saint Jambo

If I'm honest I'm not really understanding our thinking in playing him in midfield. 

If we plan to play with a defensive midfielder and at the moment that is Haring and others aren't seen as right for that role then look very short in central defence and defensive midfield where the 4 that played today plus possibly Michael Smith seem to be our only options.

It would also means we have a ridiculous number of players vying for a single midfield position with all of Lee, Bozniac, Edwards, Cochrane, Djoum and Cowie fighting for that spot.

I'd like to think this is short-term and longer-term we will see Haring drop back into defence and maybe Djoum into that holding midfield role. 

This is football.

Managers sign a player and see something else once in the door.

I don't think Haring looks out of place at all in midfield and despite some early slackness, went on to have a decent game today.

Like the weeks and months debating about Paterson. Many of us said he wasn't a natural full back and Neil Warnock seen it once he went to Cardiff and moved him to midfield.

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

This is football.

I don't think Haring looks out of place at all in midfield and despite some early slackness, went on to have a decent game today.

Like the weeks and months debating about Paterson. Many of us said he wasn't a natural full back and Neil Warnock seen it once he went to Cardiff and moved him to midfield.

Exactly.

BobbyJenkins

He had a very good game today, heavily involved. Plays that role well albeit he’s not played a decent side yet. 

Pretty damning thus far on Bozanic and Edwards that he's playing ahead of them. Plays like a CH in midfield, okay with the game in front of him, wins the ball but doesn't have the awareness or ability to add anything. Have to question why we need a CH playing in front of 3 CHs. 

Edited by bistokid

upgotheheads

I thought he had an excellent game. Appeared in all the right places at the right time. Passing was fine for the most part. Had me thinking that we won't miss Adao if he continues like that.

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

For me, he still looks like extactly what he is. A defender playing in midfield.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

If I'm honest I'm not really understanding our thinking in playing him in midfield. 

56 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Pretty damning thus far on Bozanic and Edwards that he's playing ahead of them. Plays like a CH in midfield, okay with the game in front of him, wins the ball but doesn't have the awareness or ability to add anything. Have to question why we need a CH playing in front of 3 CHs. 

He's played in midfield for a quarter of all games he's played in his career. 

Doesn't seem that strange to play him there for a few games.

13 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He's played in midfield for a quarter of all games he's played in his career. 

Doesn't seem that strange to play him there for a few games.

It's strange because we signed him predominantly as a centre half, where we do require numbers. We have also brought in Lee, Bozanic, Edwards and Burns who are all natural CMs.  Additionally, he is playing ahead of 3 centre halfs which feels unnecessary, I'd much prefer a natural CM who can go forward as well as backwards. 

The White Cockade

He looks a good addition to me

always in the right place and good tackler and excellent in the air

seems to have a good attitude  too

heartsfc_fan

I really like him. Him and Lee worked well together today.

We'll see how he does against better sides but early signs are good.

julienbrellier
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

This 100%. I don't think he was awful today but he is clearly a centre back.  play him there or dont play him at all when we have the likes of Bozanic on the bench.  Great performances all round today from the team but thought Haring made a lot of misplaced passes and at times didn't look comfortable there.

He’s getting up to speed against slowly increasing quality. He has only played the two games for us in that CM role, but he’s doing well. One glaringly sloppy long-ranger aside, he was solid. I was sceptical about him playing there today as well.

Thought he was brilliant today. Covered every blade. Totally committed and can pass a ball well. Him and Lee were excellent today

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

This is football.

Yep. Great post

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thought he was brilliant today. Covered every blade. Totally committed and can pass a ball well. Him and Lee were excellent today

That one bad pass aside, I agree completely.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I thought he was pish midweek and good today. It's not a scitzophrenic opinion, it's just an opinion on how he has done in each game.

Yeah!  But today, you and many others thought he was good and, others thought that today he was awful; that's the JKB schitzo!

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, tynewater said:

Not all his passes went as intended, but he got on the ball a huge amount today, and was our dominant midfielder. Quite impressed.

I was very impressed. He won a lot in the middle and yes his passes didn't work initially, but Inverness started well. Instead of getting annoyed he persisted and 2nd half most of them came off. I think that is a great trait in a player and I have a feeling he'll be a great player for Hearts

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, El Diez said:

I have my doubts

Hopefully he proves me completely wrong.

How anyone can not be optimistic about him I don't know. Uche Naismith and him dominating the midfield were the key to us winning today. A few misplaced passes, that happens and when they did he kept his head up and continued to work hard

Edited by rudi must stay

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I didnt think he was great today, he was ok but again his passing isnt what i expect in midfield and thats fair enough as he is a centre half.

I think we are trying to cram him in because the other two are preferred.

This. Definitely wanted to get involved with everything but some of even 5-10 yard passes are hit way to hard. If he gets that fixed he’ll be a good signing for our league.

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Yeah!  But today, you and many others thought he was good and, others thought that today he was awful; that's the JKB schitzo!

Think that's just football fan schitzo really. It's just a fact of life That we (football fans) will never fully agree on anything!

Finlay James

I thought he done well today and will be a top signing for us.

Lee strolled it and had the space and intelligence to dictate the play.  Don't under estimate the role that Haring had in making this possible.  He  doesn't have the range of passing that say Lee, Cochrane or Djoum have but his work off the ball is fantastic and his positioning was key to ensuring we dominated.

Great scouting by the club, hell of a find

John Findlay

Was taught a longtime ago that two football supporters never see the same game. Yesterday despite two players scoring a brace each and being the sponsors motm. Haring was MY motm.

I believe he will be more of an asset than liability.

I realise this will rule some of the Rose tinted spec wearers but loving Brellier as I did at the time he was however severely limited as a player.

Hard tackler, scary af but I cannot remember him having any range of passing or being a goal threat.

Haring on the other hand appears to have a bit of both (so far) and excellent positional sense to boot.

Then again I never really got the Bruno love in either ?

letsalldothebeattie

He looks a player. Didn’t play as well yesterday but looked good against Cowdenbeath (make of that what you will) time will tell when the bigger games come starting next weekend but as I started with he looks a player. Comfortable on the ball and gets stuck in 

TyphoonJambo
49 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Was taught a longtime ago that two football supporters never see the same game. Yesterday despite two players scoring a brace each and being the sponsors motm. Haring was MY motm.

I believe he will be more of an asset than liability.

CL says more or less the same in his post match interview 

jambos are go!

Competitive but controlled and unlikely to accumulate a Brellier like  bundle of cautions. We need that kind of midfielder.

No Steve Fulton when it comes to passing but who is. Maybe Beckanbauer.

He shouldn’t be in there imo and its convinced me that once we’ve got a couple off the wage bill we’ll be looking to sign a midfielder of similar stature leaving Haring to drop back to CH.

Thought his passing was awful in the first half hour or so which was a shame as often he'd done great work to win the ball.

Much better after that. I really like him and think he'll prove to be a very good player for us. 

Gene Parmesan

I think he's in there to balance out having a much more attacking wing back in Morrison. He's doing pretty well and back-to-back 5-0 wins seem to suggest he's done fine too.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Still think we'll sign someone in that position and Peter will move back into central defence.

Wonder what fans of his previous club had to say when he moved from midfield to centre half 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, johnthomas said:

Wonder what fans of his previous club had to say when he moved from midfield to centre half 

I don't see your point in relation to my comment. :wacko2:

33 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don't see your point in relation to my comment. :wacko2:

I agree , point should have been made separately .

Still valid point though

He clearly isn’t a midfielder,thought too many passes went astray.Once our midfield are available he’ll be pushed back into the defence or on the bench.

Will be interesting to see how this one develops, his performances in midfield have certainly divided opinion so far.  As it stands he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me, intriguing to think others have watched the same games and not been convinced at all.