Haring

Clear few

Deserves a thread well played sprayed it about like Fulton and D Ferguson in their prime (might even say McStay?) 

Looks like a steroided Federer, very impressed overall thought he was a no nonsense CB and got a goal too boot! 

Cult hero potential IMHO❤️

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clear few

• Sooperstar

• rudi must stay

• Bridge of Djoum

I thought he was awful in all honesty, a ridiculous amount of balls out the park and surprised he started in CM after his performance there in the 2nd half on Saturday.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I thought he was awful in all honesty, a ridiculous amount of balls out the park and surprised he started in CM after his performance there in the 2nd half on Saturday.

He was good in the second half on Saturday. Kept possession and a good range of passing. Not as good tonight but decent for a CH.

Would love to know the thinking behind playing him in midfield given the actual midfielders available. Looks like the attitude is there and God knows that’s a bonus compared to some we’ve witnessed but immediate impression is he’s hugely limited ability wise. 

Boyces beard

I thought when he kept the ball on the ground he looked good, but he was overhitting every high pass he played out wide and turning over possesion to much.

Towards the end he reminded me of early days Tziolis strolling around midfield during the brief honeymoon period.

Hope we keep playing him in midfield.

While there is no doubting his effort I’d hope not to see him anywhere near central midfield against better opposition, played the ball safe mostly and anything else ended up out the park. 

The safe ball ball wide is one of our biggest issues, to give the wide players half a chance we need more balls in front of them to run onto (like the first goal) rather than behind them or them having to wait on the ball directly to them.

Really only two of his ranking cross field passes went over a players head!!!

Some people just see a different game.?

1 minute ago, Clear few said:

Acccepted it was a pub team though.

Think he was there because of his attitude . Levein obviously pissed off about Saturdays performance . 

Scnorthedinburgh

First game in the ground after 1 training run out there and he misses a few passes. Not a ****ing disaster.

23 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Deserves a thread well played sprayed it about like Fulton and D Ferguson in their prime (might even say McStay?) 

Looks like a steroided Federer, very impressed overall thought he was a no nonsense CB and got a goal too boot! 

Cult hero potential IMHO❤️

Just goes to show how different people see things because I thought he was very average. In the first half he was awful and repeatedly gave the ball away with his Hollywood style passing. He was better in the second half but still not a stand out by any means. Think there may be a player in there once he finds his range but his passing was off tonight. 

Played well for a defender essentially playing as an attacking midfielder. Ridiculous to play him further  than Naismith. Got into decent positions but not able to create anything meaningful. 

Legend Claws

Far too slow on the ball to make an impact in MF in the league I think. He also booted more balls out than in overall. Tried hard and improved in 2nd half, but surely we now have better options. 

Edited by Legend Claws

Here is what I think, Levein is planning to try and set Hearts up like Cathro was planning / hoping to do....

Three at the back but the central of the three defenders (Harring) steps into the defensive mid position when we are in possession thus giving us an extra man in midfield to switch the ball from one side to another.

When we loose the ball the central defender immediately drops back into defence forming a back three.

This is similar to how Cathro explained it at the "meet the manager event at the end of the 2016 / 2017 season.

I was slightly disappointed by him today in all honesty. A few unnecessary stray passes without any key pass completions.

Just really not convinced by him at all.

Thats 4 games I have seen him and I thought he strolled through Dumbarton but that's it.

Would get crucified if he played in the middle against SPFL team.

However he is a threat in the opposing box that's for sure espically when he actually heads it rather than let it hit him.

Ok different eyes see different things.

Could he be the Levein/Jardine/ Miller stroller out from the back line.

It must be said that he was enthusiastic and really tried hard. 

Levein wants him in the box for crosses that much is evident. Not sure how often he will play a cm position in league 

10 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Just really not convinced by him at all.

Thats 4 games I have seen him and I thought he strolled through Dumbarton but that's it.

Would get crucified if he played in the middle against SPFL team.

However he is a threat in the opposing box that's for sure espically when he actually heads it rather than let it hit him.

But he was playing against one tonight.

He’s definitely not the answer to play in that position.

Thankfully we’ve still got Djoum and Cochrane to come back.

loveofthegame
31 minutes ago, Beats said:

He's a centre half playing midfield against a pub team. We got away with it. 

Pretty much how I saw it. He was terrible first half, strolled it second half against a tiring 10 man Cowdenbeath.

We've got about 8 centre mids, I really hope we don't see a centre half shoe-horned in there come the start of the league season.

PhoenixHearts
47 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

You definitely need a rest. Best player on the park besides Morrison I reckon.

HillmanHearts

Wee bit like Darren Barr. Did OK tonight. Good attitude, decent touch. Not awfuly quick on the ball in MF. Competitive tho and took his goal well. Good squad player. Could be a cult hero or could be a target - for the zoomers : it's in the balance ! Best wishes big man ?

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Opinions eh? The guy is a CB being shoehorned for some reason into midfield, I lost count of the number of times he shelled the ball out trying to switch it.

I think he managed to keep one of those cross field long balls in play. Out of about 10 attempts.

1 in the second half actually went out for a goal kick when the player was only half way in their half.

PhoenixHearts

2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Opinions eh? The guy is a CB being shoehorned for some reason into midfield, I lost count of the number of times he shelled the ball out trying to switch it.

Fair enough. He bad some awkward passes but folk saying he didn't make any key passes are mad. He had at least 3 notable passes to forward players and to the wings. Thought he looked really good towards the end of the first. Said he was going to score a header in the second. He did. He's not a skilled player and he maybe did try a few too many passes beyond his skill level, but he got himself sbout really well and caused problems. Quite a versatile player I reckon.

And Ken how they say Berra would header a nuclear warhead? I reckon Haring would header Berrs. Absolutely no fear. I'll allow a few errant passes as long as he shows that same amount of grit every week. 

I'll check myself and temper my expectations after a win against 10-man cowdenbeath, but I can see him going on to be a real fan favourite.

14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Amen??to that

Regular John

I thought he was probably our best player. Linked up well with defence and attack and was always looking to make dangerous runs in behind and was a nuisance at corners.

Technically he looked limited but seemed quite intelligent and hardworking.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Beats said:

He's a centre half playing midfield against a pub team. We got away with it. 

Probably why he was played there. 

Get him games, match fit and a bit experience, oh and give him Confidence. 

Job done on all. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Probably why he was played there. 

So why not play one of our new midfield recruits?

Alex Kintner
33 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Here is what I think, Levein is planning to try and set Hearts up like Cathro was planning / hoping to do....

Three at the back but the central of the three defenders (Harring) steps into the defensive mid position when we are in possession thus giving us an extra man in midfield to switch the ball from one side to another.

When we loose the ball the central defender immediately drops back into defence forming a back three.

This is similar to how Cathro explained it at the "meet the manager event at the end of the 2016 / 2017 season.

That’s not at all where Haring was played tonight. First half he was a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the back three and second half as one of two midfielders.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Beats said:

So why not play one of our new midfield recruits?

Seen enough of them, already match fit, used to british football, already confident?

Making sure there OK for Sunday? 

Take your pick. 

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He was poor. Must have played at least 7 passes straight out the park. Fultonesque, wow.

He had a lion's share ofpoor passes. Overall however, he was NOT poor. 

Quite the opposite.

Very good game.

Haring, Morrison, Garuccio and Ikpeazu were the cream of the crop tonight.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He had a lion's share ofpoor passes. Overall however, he was NOT poor. 

Quite the opposite.

Very good game.

Haring, Morrison, Garuccio and Ikpeazu were the cream of the crop tonight.

I will respectfully disagree.

Seems to be a bit marmite but I predict ledge  in the making, jeez if Bruno and Brellier can make it!!!!

Apart from his wayward passing I thought he had a decent enough game. More like Neil Berry than Fulton and I don’t mean that as a criticism. I think we are crying out for a Fulton type player and I don’t think Haring is it.