Top Posters In This Topic

• Clear few

• Sooperstar

• rudi must stay

• Bridge of Djoum

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I will respectfully disagree.

Okay, fair enough. Just so long as you understand his passing (a few of which he did actually complete) is not the be all and end all of his game and should not be the defining factor tonight. Everything else he did on the pitch more than made up for it.

Won more balls than he lost, brave in the challenge, always found himself in good space, good eye for where he needs to be, good at picking a pass (admittedly theory and practice are wildly different things), not bad going forward and a real threat in the box at set plays. 

Naturally I trust my own opinion more. But then again I only had my eyes on him the whole game. I must be talking utter shite.

1 hour ago, Clear few said:

Deserves a thread well played sprayed it about like Fulton and D Ferguson in their prime (might even say McStay?) 

Looks like a steroided Federer, very impressed overall thought he was a no nonsense CB and got a goal too boot! 

Cult hero potential IMHO❤️

I thought he was really poor, although scored a good header.

Yet another season where despite going on a signing spree we end up playing a centre half in midfield after 2 or 3 games.

Just now, geomac said:

Based on?

Based on the fact that I thought he was poor and Phoenix disagrees.

He took his goal well, although it was pretty much a free header from memory. Other than that he done nothing of note and as I and others have already said, he repeatedly played long passes out of the park. OP thinks it was only twice, but it was approaching double figures. Me and my brother kept looking at each other and saying 'there's another one'. It was one game, first time I've seen him - I'm not going to make judgements on his long term usefulness for us from it, but he certainly wasn't 'Fultonesque' tonight.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Okay, fair enough. Just so long as you understand his passing (a few of which he did actually complete) is not the be all and end all of his game and should not be the defining factor tonight. Everything else he did on the pitch more than made up for it.

Won more balls than he lost, brave in the challenge, always found himself in good space, good eye for where he needs to be, good at picking a pass (admittedly theory and practice are wildly different things), not bad going forward and a real threat in the box at set plays. 

Naturally I trust my own opinion more. But then again I only had my eyes on him the whole game. I must be talking utter shite.

Not really sure what the need in the last sentence was. You took a sensible post then finished it with a childish comment. Strange.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not really sure what the need in the last sentence was. You took a sensible post then finished it with a childish comment. Strange.

I apologise Sooper. I suppose my backs up because I'm just so sure of what I saw from him tonight. I totally get why people are knocking his wild passes, but I really can't believe folk think he had a BAD game. 

Edited by PhoenixHearts

heartsfc_fan

I thought he did well tbh. Good option to have in there and he's hardly lightweight either.

He'll get us 5-6 goals this season from corners imo.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

While there is no doubting his effort I’d hope not to see him anywhere near central midfield against better opposition, played the ball safe mostly and anything else ended up out the park. 

The safe ball ball wide is one of our biggest issues, to give the wide players half a chance we need more balls in front of them to run onto (like the first goal) rather than behind them or them having to wait on the ball directly to them.

I guess you have never played football

Edited by jamborich

Probably a decent enough centre half, and a threat from crosses, but very much looked like when Krystian Nowak played midfield under Cathro. Just a bit too slow, even against a pub team. Almost cost us a couple of times in that first half.

Also, with about 8 first team centre mids, why play a centre half in there against the worst league team in Scotland?

He doesn’t look bad and a good find.  I hope we find a position and he sticks to it though. 

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

He was our best player bye a mile seriously how anyone can not see this is worrying 

I think a few folk are factoring in his first half hour or so into their opinions a bit too much, forgetting that EVERYBODY was pish in the first.

Based on that, we really ought to write it off only be judging everyone's 2nd half performances.

A lot of Harings mistakes were in the first half. Unfortunately for him, the critics minds where already made up at this point, so his immense second half likely didn't even register. 

9 minutes ago, jamborich said:

He was our best player bye a mile seriously how anyone can not see this is worrying 

They want to focus more on Levein being a dick for playing him in midfield.

Just a guess.

Thunderstruck

I wasn’t sure at the game but didn’t Haring have a very good header saved a point-blank range in the first half. 

Thought he had a good game and a couple of misplaced passes don’t detract from that. 

Cut The Crap
5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I wasn’t sure at the game but didn’t Haring have a very good header saved a point-blank range in the first half. 

Thought he had a good game and a couple of misplaced passes don’t detract from that. 

He did, yes. Looks a threat in the air for sure.

Thought he was quite slack in

possession at times and passing was hot and cold. Didn’t convince when darting into the box either.

All in all, I thought he looked like a player who prefers the game to be all in front of him. Not quite sure what to make of his selection ahead of Burns, Bozanic, Edwards, and Lee.

2 hours ago, Beats said:

He's a centre half playing midfield against a pub team. We got away with it. 

Nail on head. Let’s not see him play there again. 

37 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

They want to focus more on Levein being a dick for playing him in midfield.

Just a guess.

TRU dat!

Haters just gonna hate, he is no world beater but after a horse first half from all parties concerned he improved immeasurably in the 2nd.

The best performance of the night closely followed by Icpezu(sp) Morrison and Garuccio 

Escobar PHM

He was one of several

players who was honking in the first half and much better in the second. Once he found the passing range and had the options out wide he grew into the game. Game like this under his belt will do him the world of good.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Beats said:

He's a centre half playing midfield against a pub team. We got away with it. 

''Got away with it''

5-0

Beats, have a word, man.

Class of 75

I thought he was rank rotten. One of the worst players I have seen in a Hearts jersey. Slow a poor passer and not much ability on the ball. This was against a pub team with 10 men so dread to think what he will be like against SPL opposition. 

6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think a few folk are factoring in his first half hour or so into their opinions a bit too much, forgetting that EVERYBODY was pish in the first.

Based on that, we really ought to write it off only be judging everyone's 2nd half performances.

A lot of Harings mistakes were in the first half. Unfortunately for him, the critics minds where already made up at this point, so his immense second half likely didn't even register. 

Against a ten man Cowdenbeath side. 

He shouldn’t be playing centre midfield. 

2 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

''Got away with it''

5-0

Beats, have a word, man.

I don’t often agree with him but he’s correct. Anyone at the game last night knows we got away with it. 

You are having a *** giraffe surely!?

He looks like a CB in midfield. He got a goal and he applies himself in a no nonsense manner, good.

But he looks thoroughly mediocre to me. Cowdenbeath were utter mince and against anyone half decent it would be a different story. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t often agree with him but he’s correct. Anyone at the game last night knows we got away with it. 

What exactly did we get away with?

2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

What exactly did we get away with?

We got away with an frustrating result. We were awful first half. They had ten men and tired badly at the end. Talk of Hearts being immense second half is ridiculous. No creativity in midfield until Naismith dropped deep. 

On the other hand Uche Ikpeazu looks like a real find and Michael Smiths goal capped off a fine flowing move. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

We got away with an frustrating result. We were awful first half. They had ten men and tired badly at the end. Talk of Hearts being immense second half is ridiculous. No creativity in midfield until Naismith dropped deep. 

On the other hand Uche Ikpeazu looks like a real find and Michael Smiths goal capped off a fine flowing move. 

5-0 is a frustrating result? The 1st half may have been pretty woeful, but I gather football is a game of 2 halves? That still the case?

We've 3 wins from 3 and folk are falling over themselves to have a pop at the club. 3 games into the season, created a ton of chances, a lot of new signings. We will get better. 

It matters not they were tiring or down to 10 men. 

7 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I apologise Sooper. I suppose my backs up because I'm just so sure of what I saw from him tonight. I totally get why people are knocking his wild passes, but I really can't believe folk think he had a BAD game. 

No worries mate. As I said in my other post, I'm not writing him off by any means.

I'm concerned about the team in general. We didn't really start to threaten them until they were down to 10 men. Before that they had sat back and allowed us to attack to no effect. That could lead to a long season ahead if that's also the approach of better, more organised, teams. It's very early in the season, but the warning signs are there for me. People will cite that we have Cochrane and Djoum to come into the team, but is that what we are hanging our hopes on? A teenager and a player who hadn't been at his best for 2 seasons?

Having said that there were definite positives from last night in Morrison and Uche.

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Pretty much how I saw it. Cowdenbeath were rotten. Despite the goals the play was mostly crap,

The midfield worries me. I hope Olly Lee steps up and will be good to get djoum and Cochrane back.

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

5-0 is a frustrating result? The 1st half may have been pretty woeful, but I gather football is a game of 2 halves? That still the case?

We've 3 wins from 3 and folk are falling over themselves to have a pop at the club. 3 games into the season, created a ton of chances, a lot of new signings. We will get better. 

2 wins from 3.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

2 wins from 3.

Nope.

Lose the game - 0 points.

Draw the game - goes to penalties

WIN the game on penalties 2 points

WIN the game in 90 minutes 3 points.

It's clear we've won 3 games.

Edited by New York Fleapit

2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Folk aren’t having a pop. The score line looks fantastic on paper. Their number 14 looked like that keeper that got caught eating a pie!! 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Folk aren’t having a pop. The score line looks fantastic on paper. Their number 14 looked like that keeper that got caught eating a pie!! 

That's just not true.

Just now, New York Fleapit said:

That's just not true.

Well if they are then so what? 

Personally I’m more concerned about people going on about us being immense against a ten men part time team. 

Bridge of Djoum

Well if they are then so what? 

Personally I’m more concerned about people going on about us being immense against a ten men part time team. 

You've very quickly gone from no one is having a pop to people are having a pop.

I agree with your 2nd sentence though. Immense is too far, but pointing out it was a vastly improved 2nd half and encouraging is correct.

7 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Nope.

Lose the game - 0 points.

Draw the game - goes to penalties

WIN the game on penalties 2 points

WIN the game in 90 minutes 3 points.

It's clear we've won 3 games.

Hahahahahahahahaha

People including myself have to accept that it's very early in the season and guys like this are having to adjust to new surroundings and teammates.

His goal was a beauty.  Let's all just hope he turns out really well.

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

You've very quickly gone from no one is having a pop to people are having a pop.

I agree with your 2nd sentence though. Immense is too far, but pointing out it was a vastly improved 2nd half and encouraging is correct.

After watching that last night I’m concerned. The players seem frightened to express themselves. Morrison looks an unbelievable prospect. I was up clapping him every time he tried something. Macdonald made a real difference as well. 

Bridge of Djoum

After watching that last night I’m concerned. The players seem frightened to express themselves. Morrison looks an unbelievable prospect. I was up clapping him every time he tried something. Macdonald made a real difference as well. 

:thumbsup:

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I thought both were very good aswell in terms of keep asking and trying to get on the ball. 

Make no no mistake it will be a very tough game on Sunday and if we have a first half like last night we could be in trouble. We keep saying it but why does it take 45 to 60 mins for us to start playing quickly and moving the ball quicker?? It’s a problem we need to fix quickly. Looking forward to a vastly improved performance overall on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

A lot of people seem to be anxious about the season ahead and look for reasons to be anxious after a 5-0 win. You're allowed to look forward to a game with a bit of optimism and celebrate a 5-0 victory. There's plenty of time to be miserable when we get beat. I watched the game, I know who we were playing, we were duff in the first half and had some positives in the second. Now just have to win on Sunday to progress - looking forward to it.

FTH

Alex Kintner

Struggled in midfield first half but played well second half, albeit with zero pressure on him and all the time in the world.

Would 100% rather have actual central midfielders in central midfield. Otherwise what’s the point in signing four of them.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Sooperstar said:

How many points do you get for a loss?

I'll state the obvious and repeat myself.

0 points.

Are you alluding to the points deduction? 

4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I'll state the obvious and repeat myself.

0 points.

Are you alluding to the points deduction? 

So Raith lost the game to us on penalties, but gained a point. How queer.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

So Raith lost the game to us on penalties, but gained a point. How queer.

Oh that is a good point. My mistake.

Doesn't change the fact we won the game. Albeit on penalties.

Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Oh that is a good point. My mistake.

Doesn't change the fact we won the game. Albeit on penalties.

Oh what's this now? Our own website doesn't seem to have picked up on us winning the game. Hmmmm.

Screenshot_20180725-080030_Samsung Internet.jpg