Torpedo Moscow cancel black players contract (Non HMFC)

sadj

Dagger Is Back

So Rangers are suddenly in some eyes, the good guys for alerting the authorities to this abuse?

What about the other abuse heard around Scotland’s football grounds every week?

When they stand up and call out the sectarian bigots then I’ll give them some credit.

All smoke and mirrors

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MacDonald Jardine

• michael_bolton

• Pasquale for King

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Wait are you trying to say the banner has no racist connotations? 

Yes I am saying that. The picture of the banner shows absolutely nothing racist. The words simply say ‘black and white torpedo Moscow’. Their colours are blank and white. The tweet above the pic is undoubtedly racist. Posted by a knuckle dragger. It refers to torpedo now being all white. 

Edited by el_jambo74

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, el_jambo74 said:

Yes I am saying that. The picture of the banner shows absolutely nothing racist. The words simply say ‘black and white torpedo Moscow’. Their colours are blank and white. The tweet above the pic is undoubtedly racist. Posted by a knuckle dragger. It refers to torpedo now being all white. 

So the translation is wrong. Fair enough but look at the 'w' in white. Rather suspect.

1 hour ago, el_jambo74 said:

Catch up with rest of the world? Hmm like the tolerant countries in the Middle East? Or rest of Eastern Europe?

Facts are this guy played in Russia for 5 years without issue. A big part of the problem the fans had was he was former Locomotive Moscow, Torpedos rivals. Like us signing a guy we hate from Hibs. 

One guys twitter post doesn’t represent the views of a club as vile as it is. The banners in the post don’t say anything racist at all. Just that their colours are black and white. 

Says in the twitter it translates as we will only have white in the team. Tho its an ultras banner so it is a minority. Its being widely reported as they cancelled it die to his colour

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So the translation is wrong. Fair enough but look at the 'w' in white. Rather suspect.

Its more than one twitter message have a google its being fairly widely reported the reasons behind it.

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Thats just the top results on twitter. 

502A5CEE-C685-400F-9506-8014DE8446E6.png

BA03935C-3EF8-41CC-BDE8-2A7808103FEB.png

785C62BC-8CD2-4A51-9E0D-EC62331ECB15.png

F5A17935-BBE0-439B-AA06-26726D154EA7.png

5 hours ago, martoon said:

Don't know about UEFA but it was Rangers, themselves, who alerted the police on their return to Scotland.

A complete and utter rarity of the newco doing something correct. 

I was just making the point that the banner didn’t bear any relation to the story.  The letter is racist. Similar issues in Eastern Europe. I remember Serbia fans standing in shape of Nazi flag. Black English players getting racist abuse in Spain. Italy renowned for it too. Ultras are often not representative of a culture. Undoubtedly Russia is not as progressive as the UK but as I said this player has played in Russia for years without similar issues. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats just the top results on twitter. 

502A5CEE-C685-400F-9506-8014DE8446E6.png

BA03935C-3EF8-41CC-BDE8-2A7808103FEB.png

785C62BC-8CD2-4A51-9E0D-EC62331ECB15.png

F5A17935-BBE0-439B-AA06-26726D154EA7.png

It leaves little scope for doubt. Don't know why the other poster feels the need to argue their case... 

Russia is clearly a bit behind the western world in terms of Racism and Homophobia  hopefully they catch up soon. Watched a documentary with Reggie Yates of the BBC and it was an eye opener. Russian hooligan basically told him he was less than human because he was mixed race. Sickening.

Tell you what I'd welcome him here, if he's any good of course. ?

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, el_jambo74 said:

I was just making the point that the banner didn’t bear any relation to the story.  The letter is racist. Similar issues in Eastern Europe. I remember Serbia fans standing in shape of Nazi flag. Black English players getting racist abuse in Spain. Italy renowned for it too. Ultras are often not representative of a culture. Undoubtedly Russia is not as progressive as the UK but as I said this player has played in Russia for years without similar issues. 

That was Croatia actually not Serbia but people forget or ignore that when choosing to support them in the World Cup. 

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

It leaves little scope for doubt. Don't know why the other poster feels the need to argue their case... 

Russia is clearly a bit behind the western world in terms of Racism and Homophobia  hopefully they catch up soon. Watched a documentary with Reggie Yates of the BBC and it was an eye opener. Russian hooligan basically told him he was less than human because he was mixed race. Sickening.

Tell you what I'd welcome him here, if he's any good of course. ?

To be fair you could interview a hooligan in the uk and he may hold similar views. Hooligans are hardly the bastions of diversity. I’ve been to Russia a fair bit and it is less lawful than here. It also is ironically more religious so there’s more folk who support only heterosexual marriages etc. That said the people I met were great and very open to western ideas. I guess there’s good and bad everywhere. Moscow alone has 10m people in it so you’re bound to find some vile people in it. 

Edited by el_jambo74

16 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

That was Croatia actually not Serbia but people forget or ignore that when choosing to support them in the World Cup. 

True. You are right. 

The media is doing a job on Russia just now. You have to question why such focus. Agendas are at play. Both ways. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

They have previous for attacking/abusing poppy sellers.

2 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Utter nonsense.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like the bananas they threw at Walters, the abuse of their own player Nir Bitton, Aberdeen’s Shay Logan and this guy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27638800

2 hours ago, Bez said:

7D155F0D-91AB-4759-9385-2393C99F3696.jpeg

Apart from exile you all make good points however I was really meaning the same thing. Filming himself abusing children while following his team abroad (please no BJK comments). Maybe they're just more sleekit than your average bear! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

fabienleclerq

Was there not a similar discussion recently from Russia or eastern Europe? Zenith maybe? Their fans wanted only local players.

Obviously it's not the same but Bilbao get a lot of plaudits for their signing policy which is based on where you are born. I understand this guy was born in Russia.

Notice the guy is expected to make a statement about it and Torpedo are saying it was financial decision due to compensation.

50 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Was there not a similar discussion recently from Russia or eastern Europe? Zenith maybe? Their fans wanted only local players.

Obviously it's not the same but Bilbao get a lot of plaudits for their signing policy which is based on where you are born. I understand this guy was born in Russia.

Notice the guy is expected to make a statement about it and Torpedo are saying it was financial decision due to compensation.

Yep Zenit signed their first black players in 2012. Hulk and Witsel I think. There was a supporters group putting pressure on the club to only pick white players. The club said they didn’t discriminate and refused to budge. They stayed 4 years I think. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Apart from exile you all make good points however I was really meaning the same thing. Filming himself abusing children while following his team abroad (please no BJK comments). Maybe they're just more sleekit than your average bear! 

I couldn’t find that pic earlier ???.

it would appear that guy will be caught, staggering to hear Rangers had informed the authorities.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

I wonder if the £300 a ticket meant the normal Russian football fans couldn’t make it to the games in the World Cup? Probably a good thing.

Stephen Muddie
8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair play to them for that. Must be a first.

Yeah gotta hand it to them for that...

Then you remember that racism is a form of bigotry too.

Awkward...

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, el_jambo74 said:

Yep Zenit signed their first black players in 2012. Hulk and Witsel I think. There was a supporters group putting pressure on the club to only pick white players. The club said they didn’t discriminate and refused to budge. They stayed 4 years I think. 

Thought it was them, I'm sure they said they only wanted players born within a distance of at Petersburg so even not wanting some Russians.

GlasgoJambo
3 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Technically those tweets don't prove anything. What they show is the prevalent assumption that the club succumbed to racially driven pressure. 

The process goes 

1) Torpedo sign black player

2) Some fans publicly decry signing and show themselves up as racists

3) Player isn't signed

4) General consensus is that 3 happens because of 2

That may be the case but a lot of people tweeting the same deduction doesn't make it more so.

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

A complete and utter rarity of the newco doing something correct. 

Had to happen, fozzy; law of averages etc. :)

Rocco_Jambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wonder if the £300 a ticket meant the normal Russian football fans couldn’t make it to the games in the World Cup? Probably a good thing.

They would have paid about £15 for tickets.

So no.

michael_bolton
6 hours ago, el_jambo74 said:

It was Croatia fans. http://farenet.org/news/croatian-fans-form-human-swastika-in-italy/

I've lived in a few different countries now, and people are racist, or at least xenophobic, in all of them. Including Scotland.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, just that it's the way it is. People don't like people who are different.

Scotland has issues with sectarianism and non-white people I know have had problems with racism in Scotland - as white Scots (which I presume most of us are) we are unlikely to notice, England had genuine race  trouble in some of its towns, Poland is a startlingly openly racist place, Sri Lanka has internal strife caused by ethnic tensions, Malaysia is a constitutionally racist country (look it up), Australia has a long history of racial tension, Korea is the most racist country I've ever experienced.

Everywhere is racist. Everywhere. And it will always be so. People don't like 'the other'.

8 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Who should we have supported?  Cause I'm struggling to think of a team they played who haven't done worse. 

Edited by ri Alban

michael_bolton
50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who should we have supported?  Cause I'm struggling to think of a team they played who haven't done worse. 

Worse than being 21st century Nazis? Really?

16 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Worse than being 21st century Nazis? Really?

Do u think Croatian fans are unique in their Nazi indulgence? What's worse? This or actual violence, causing carnage as fans rampage through ever city they visit at every tournament they arrive at. 

Nookie Bear

Supporting Croatia was done just to wind up England, and Scots would have backed Russia had they faces England as well. 

Doesnt mean they they are supporting 21st century Nazis though. 

michael_bolton
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Do u think Croatian fans are unique in their Nazi indulgence? What's worse? This or actual violence, causing carnage as fans rampage through ever city they visit at every tournament they arrive at. 

I think you'll find Croatian fans are more fond than most of the Nazi stuff - Croatian history in general is uncomfortable in this regard - and do their fair share of the physical violence too.

Not nice boys.

Edit: Still glad they gubbed England, mind.

Edited by michael_bolton

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And we're not? 

Collectively, no. As a nation, we're multicultural and it's genuinely a country where all have the right to live, work and be happy. Sadly we have our idiots but they're very much in the minority.

14 hours ago, el_jambo74 said:

Catch up with rest of the world? Hmm like the tolerant countries in the Middle East? Or rest of Eastern Europe?

Facts are this guy played in Russia for 5 years without issue. A big part of the problem the fans had was he was former Locomotive Moscow, Torpedos rivals. Like us signing a guy we hate from Hibs. 

One guys twitter post doesn’t represent the views of a club as vile as it is. The banners in the post don’t say anything racist at all. Just that their colours are black and white. 

Aye okay .so it's not racism then?

michael_bolton
23 minutes ago, Locky said:

Collectively, no. As a nation, we're multicultural and it's genuinely a country where all have the right to live, work and be happy. Sadly we have our idiots but they're very much in the minority.

Are you saying Russia's not multi-cultural?

35 minutes ago, Locky said:

Have you been to Russia Locky? 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

They would have paid about £15 for tickets.

So no.

It was sad in commentary at one of the first games that wasn’t a sell out that the tickets were £300 each, is there any evidence to say that was a lie? 

michael_bolton
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was sad in commentary at one of the first games that wasn’t a sell out that the tickets were £300 each, is there any evidence to say that was a lie? 

When I was buying my tickets, I had to register and say where I was from.

There was one category of tickets which was only for Russian citizens. They were much cheaper, but I can't remember the exact figures.

Rocco_Jambo
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t know whether it’s a lie. You would have to ask the commentator what tickets they were referring to.

I could pay over a hundred quid for a ticket to Hearts v Hamilton. Doesn’t mean that’s what everyone else in the stadium will be paying.

What I do know is that tickets for 75% of the games cost about £15 for Russians rising for the later stages but still well under £100 for the final.

Googling World Cup ticket prices will no doubt confirm this.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

Phil Dunphy
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As much as I despise Celtic and all the "stand" for I'm not sure I could see one of their fans behaving like that tbh. What that knuckled dragging orc scumbag did was utterly deplorable. Hopefully he'll be identified, named, shamed (if possible with an IQ that low) and then banned from every football ground in the UK! 

What? You mean apart from what’s been going on with Nir Bitton and Shay Logan?

coatbridgejambo

we sure do spend a lot of time talking about rangers on here.  this story has nothing to do with them. sometimes I feel this board is infiltrated with selik  fans as well as hobos . 

michael_bolton
7 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

we sure do spend a lot of time talking about rangers on here.  this story has nothing to do with them. sometimes I feel this board is infiltrated with selik  fans as well as hobos . 

Hibs fans, probably. But I doubt there are many Celtic fans who would be bothered enough to sign up on here and pose as Hearts fans.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What? You mean apart from what’s been going on with Nir Bitton and Shay Logan?

As I said in the other post in that exact same position you couldn't see the sellik low life behaving like that towards foreign children. More likely they'd have filmed themselves handing out green and grey hooped tops to them. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

When I was buying my tickets, I had to register and say where I was from.

There was one category of tickets which was only for Russian citizens. They were much cheaper, but I can't remember the exact figures.

Good on them, how was the whole experience and what games did you go to?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I don’t know whether it’s a lie. You would have to ask the commentator what tickets they were referring to.

I could pay over a hundred quid for a ticket to Hearts v Hamilton. Doesn’t mean that’s what everyone else in the stadium will be paying.

What I do know is that tickets for 75% of the games cost about £15 for Russians rising for the later stages but still well under £100 for the final.

Googling World Cup ticket prices will no doubt confirm this.

It’s likely he was talking out his arse then, maybe it was the empty section he was talking about. It’s good that the the average person was able to afford tickets, maybe shows it’s a minority that are trouble makers which would seem to be the norm everywhere.

michael_bolton
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good on them, how was the whole experience and what games did you go to?

It was absolutely tremendous. I was in Moscow for four days then Samara for a week. Went to Costa Rica v Serbia and Australia v Denmark.

I was slightly apprehensive before I went, but it couldn't have been better. A great experience.

Guitarman0150
19 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As much as I despise Celtic and all the "stand" for I'm not sure I could see one of their fans behaving like that tbh. What that knuckled dragging orc scumbag did was utterly deplorable. Hopefully he'll be identified, named, shamed (if possible with an IQ that low) and then banned from every football ground in the UK! 

two sides of the one coin ?‍♀️

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As I said in the other post in that exact same position you couldn't see the sellik low life behaving like that towards foreign children. More likely they'd have filmed themselves handing out green and grey hooped tops to them. 

I’ve seen pictures of other Rangers fans putting wee stickers on their T-shirt’s and posing for photos with the kids on their shoulders.

Their fans are rotten human beings, but their smelly brothers are, en-masse, giving a player of colour pellets because one of their players racially abused him. Just as bad as each other. 

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ve seen pictures of other Rangers fans putting wee stickers on their T-shirt’s and posing for photos with the kids on their shoulders.

Their fans are rotten human beings, but their smelly brothers are, en-masse, giving a player of colour pellets because one of their players racially abused him. Just as bad as each other. 

In the grand scheme of things, correct.

Seymour M Hersh
45 minutes ago, Guitarman0150 said:

two sides of the one coin ?‍♀️

Read my other responses and you'll maybe see where i was coming from. They are indeed cheeks belonging to the same dirty arse.

MacDonald Jardine
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

France?

I'm taken aback you're defending this.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

It was absolutely tremendous. I was in Moscow for four days then Samara for a week. Went to Costa Rica v Serbia and Australia v Denmark.

I was slightly apprehensive before I went, but it couldn't have been better. A great experience.

I think there was a lot of scaremongering about Russia but there’s hardly been a bad word said about it. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

15 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

Are you saying Russia's not multi-cultural?

Not saying it isn't, but they don't seem to embrace multi-culture. 

15 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Have you been to Russia Locky? 

No I haven't, but with the amount of stories to come out of Russia, I think it's fair to say that there's more than enough reason for me to doubt their attitude towards this sort of thing.

Not saying that it's all across Russia and that everyone shares these views, but they're openly a nation who dont have much in place to protect the rights of other races and sexuality.