Torpedo Moscow cancel black players contract (Non HMFC)

sadj

Torpedo Moscow have cancelled the contract of a player signed who is black due to mass protests including the below banner which as you can see translates to only white players in our team.

Player previously played for Locomotiv Moscow but was a product of Torpedos academy and is a Russian citizen (not that that is relevant) 

5F151888-4656-4EDE-A4FC-DDD1B2057645.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MacDonald Jardine

• michael_bolton

• Pasquale for King

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruyff Turn

UEFA should force associations to ban these clubs or ban the club's from that association from European Competition. Should have banned Beitar Jerusalem after their reaction to signing two Chechen Muslims a couple of years ago. Same applies to our FA and the uglies. 

been here before
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

UEFA should force associations to ban these clubs or ban the club's from that association from European Competition. Should have banned Beitar Jerusalem after their reaction to signing two Chechen Muslims a couple of years ago. Same applies to our FA and the uglies. 

Theres a video rattling about of Rangers fans racially abusing some boy prior to their game in Macedonia. 

"Fxxkin Pxki" and "White Power" amongst the insults.

Id post the video but can only find it on the Sun or the Record websites and Im not encouraging those.

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres a video rattling about of Rangers fans racially abusing some boy prior to their game in Macedonia. 

Id post the video but can only find it on the Sun or the Record websites and Im not encouraging those.

Do UEFA know about it? If so they should be fined or banned. 

UEFA and Associations seem to have turned a blind eye to this sort of thing for too long. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Do UEFA know about it? If so they should be fined or banned. 

UEFA and Associations seem to have turned a blind eye to this sort of thing for too long. 

Don't know about UEFA but it was Rangers, themselves, who alerted the police on their return to Scotland.

OmiyaHearts

Look at the paltry fines for racism handed out by FIFA and UEFA. They care more about teams wearing correctly branded socks than racial abuse of players.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Don't know about UEFA but it was Rangers, themselves, who alerted the police on their return to Scotland.

Fair play to them for that. Must be a first.

Nookie Bear

When it comes to UEFA sanctions, there is a world of difference between fans racially abusing people in the street before a game, and clubs cancelling players contracts because their supporters have an issue with the colour of their skin.

Both are matters for the police imo but at what point does a fan become representative of the club, therefore making them liable for their actions?

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair play to them for that. Must be a first.

Certainly the first time I've referred to them on jkb without slating them. :laugh:

Really shocking stuff.

Get the impression Torpedo, like Dynamo, are a relic from the communist era and have been left behind by clubs like Spartak, CSKA and, from elsewhere, Zenit etc.

Good thing too, it would seem.

shocking this sort of stuff even still goes on.

Hope he signs for a rival and sticks about 5 past them. scumbag fans.

An absolutely shocking story, and the club should be banned at all levels, and the fans responsible for the banner and associated shite. 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Only took 5 days for Russia to make an arse of itself again.

:spoton: 

Just now, Morgan said:

:spoton: 

Such a shame Morgan really. They done a cracking job of hosting the world cup and this should've been the birth of Russia becoming a real force in the modern game.

Shit like this proves that it's a country very much stuck in the dark ages.

AlphonseCapone
39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

When it comes to UEFA sanctions, there is a world of difference between fans racially abusing people in the street before a game, and clubs cancelling players contracts because their supporters have an issue with the colour of their skin.

Both are matters for the police imo but at what point does a fan become representative of the club, therefore making them liable for their actions?

Where the line is I'm not sure, certainly some boy on a random Wednesday commiting a crime that happens to be in a Hearts top shouldn't be considered representative of Hearts. But in the Rangers case, that's a fan travelling abroad to watch Rangers, that's as closed a case of being a representative of Rangers as you can get for me short of being in Ibrox. 

Now that is genuine racism.  Saying one of our players is shite who just so happens to be black is not.  

Not much to be said on this as it speaks for itself.  Horrendous stuff.  We are not that far behind however when our 'big two' don't want the opposite religion at their club.  

I think it will be a long time before Russia catches up with the rest of the world, even if it is pointed out to them by the rest of the world that their attitude to their fellow man is so wrong, they wouldn't care, arrogance abounds.

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Where the line is I'm not sure, certainly some boy on a random Wednesday commiting a crime that happens to be in a Hearts top shouldn't be considered representative of Hearts. But in the Rangers case, that's a fan travelling abroad to watch Rangers, that's as closed a case of being a representative of Rangers as you can get for me short of being in Ibrox. 

Aye and John Wilson was representing Hearts was he?

You can't judge any club by the actions of its scummiest fans.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, been here before said:

As much as I despise Celtic and all the "stand" for I'm not sure I could see one of their fans behaving like that tbh. What that knuckled dragging orc scumbag did was utterly deplorable. Hopefully he'll be identified, named, shamed (if possible with an IQ that low) and then banned from every football ground in the UK! 

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

I think it will be a long time before Russia catches up with the rest of the world, even if it is pointed out to them by the rest of the world that their attitude to their fellow man is so wrong, they wouldn't care, arrogance abounds.

Catch up with rest of the world? Hmm like the tolerant countries in the Middle East? Or rest of Eastern Europe?

Facts are this guy played in Russia for 5 years without issue. A big part of the problem the fans had was he was former Locomotive Moscow, Torpedos rivals. Like us signing a guy we hate from Hibs. 

One guys twitter post doesn’t represent the views of a club as vile as it is. The banners in the post don’t say anything racist at all. Just that their colours are black and white. 

Edited by el_jambo74

Doctor FinnBarr
45 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As much as I despise Celtic and all the "stand" for I'm not sure I could see one of their fans behaving like that tbh. What that knuckled dragging orc scumbag did was utterly deplorable. Hopefully he'll be identified, named, shamed (if possible with an IQ that low) and then banned from every football ground in the UK! 

They have previous for attacking/abusing poppy sellers.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, el_jambo74 said:

Catch up with rest of the world? Hmm like the tolerant countries in the Middle East? Or rest of Eastern Europe?

Facts are this guy played in Russia for 5 years without issue. A big part of the problem the fans had was he was former Locomotive Moscow, Torpedos rivals. Like us signing a guy we hate from Hibs. 

One guys twitter post doesn’t represent the views of a club as vile as it is. The banners in the post don’t say anything racist at all. Just that their colours are black and white. 

Wait are you trying to say the banner has no racist connotations? 

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Such a shame Morgan really. They done a cracking job of hosting the world cup and this should've been the birth of Russia becoming a real force in the modern game.

Shit like this proves that it's a country very much stuck in the dark ages.

And we're not? 

maroonexile
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Utter nonsense.

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And we're not? 

Compared to this, no.

To suggest this is the same as clubs having religious affiliations is nonsense. 

Tommy Brown

We all know how we felt when an ex-player recently called us racists.

Things are not always accurate as reported.

In fact, how did we feel when our chairman at the time slurred us the same?

For those not sure  - we gave constant stick to a black Hubs player.

A player who dragged his studs down a Hearts players leg.

Let's get the truth before our knee jerk condemnations, please.

Most probably, more to this story.

Pasquale for King

Like the bananas they threw at Walters, the abuse of their own player Nir Bitton, Aberdeen’s Shay Logan and this guy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27638800

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Compared to this, no.

The fact you think it's not tells me all I need to know. 

Geoff the Mince
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Correct .

3 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Compared to this, no.

Of course. In order for any similarity to be made, it would be like the Blue Order forcing the club to sack a catholic player...who had played for Celtic.

Nonsense doesn't even cover it, mate.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Aye okay then.

Rangers and Celtic fans are as bad as those who want a player out purely because of his colour.

We'll ignore the fact both clubs have had players of different races and religions.

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Correct .

Oh look. It's the wee follow on.

What's your take on this exactly?

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Aye and John Wilson was representing Hearts was he?

You can't judge any club by the actions of its scummiest fans.

Amazed you're defending Rangers.

John Wilson was representing Hearts, he was a Hearts fan in Tynecastle that let the club down badly. That impacted the clubs imagine or do you think it had no impact? It doesn't mean John Wilson is the only representative of Hearts fans, we all are and the vast majority represent the club brilliantly. A small minority don't.

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Aye okay then.

Rangers and Celtic fans are as bad as those who want a player out purely because of his colour.

We'll ignore the fact both clubs have had players of different races and religions.

I didn't even mention religion, but you jumped right in to defend 'our culture and tradition'. Scotland and the rest of the UK is still full of Racists and xenophobes. You just need to listen and you'll hear it everyday. The Poles and Pakistanis being exhibit A&B. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

John Wilson was representing Hearts, he was a Hearts fan in Tynecastle that let the club down badly. That impacted the clubs imagine or do you think it had no impact? It doesn't mean John Wilson is the only representative of Hearts fans, we all are and the vast majority represent the club brilliantly. A small minority don't.

FFS

I'm not defending Rangers. 

I'm saying these guys can't be seen as representing them.

John Wilson was a pissed ned who was stupid. 

Other than supporting the same football team I have nothing in common with him.

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Maybe not your intention but you're actually agreeing with MJ's post !

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't even mention religion, but you jumped right in to defend 'our culture and tradition'. Scotland and the rest of the UK is still full of Racists and xenophobes. You just need to listen and you'll hear it everyday. The Poles and Pakistanis being exhibit A&B. 

Right then.

You perceive Scotland to be on a par with Russian football fans who persuade their club to cancel a black player's contract. 

On what basis?

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

FFS

Silly me. I thought John Wilson was a Hearts supporter. Learn something new everyday.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Silly me. I thought John Wilson was a Hearts supporter. Learn something new everyday.

Did you miss the "supports the same football team" part of the post or just choose to ignore it,

Think I get it now. How originally witty.

Edited by MacDonald Jardine
Spotted the sarcasm

AlphonseCapone
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

FFS

They aren't the only representative of Rangers, but they were still a representative part of Rangers. It doesn't mean the vast majority of Rangers fans agreed and how the club reacts is an important part. I think the fact Rangers as a club were the ones who raised it with police Scotland they obviously felt some form of responsibility for these guys actions. Representative might not be the best word but like it or not how we behave when in our stadium or in another place following our team will impact on the view others have of our club.

MacDonald Jardine

They aren't the only representative of Rangers, but they were still a representative part of Rangers. It doesn't mean the vast majority of Rangers fans agreed and how the club reacts is an important part. I think the fact Rangers as a club were the ones who raised it with police Scotland they obviously felt some form of responsibility for these guys actions. Representative might not be the best word but like it or not how we behave when in our stadium or in another place following our team will impact on the view others have of our club.

Don't disagree with any of that.

Is that you "defending Rangers" now?

7D155F0D-91AB-4759-9385-2393C99F3696.jpeg

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Don't disagree with any of that.

Is that you "defending Rangers" now?

Certainly defending them for reporting it to the police at least. That'll likely be one of only a handful times in my life though. 

MacDonald Jardine

Certainly defending them for reporting it to the police at least. That'll likely be one of only a handful times in my life though. 

Fair enough. 

Given we agree on this point though why the dig?

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Fair enough. 

Given we agree on this point though why the dig?

Because unless I'm getting you mixed up with another poster you do tend to defend Rangers a lot. Enough that it stands out to me.

MacDonald Jardine

Because unless I'm getting you mixed up with another poster you do tend to defend Rangers a lot. Enough that it stands out to me.

Aye okay. But in this case they've done nothing wrong. 

Believe it or not I'd have said the same about any club in the same circumstances.