Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

I also remember cheering them on, tbh I probably would cheer on Aberdeen if they got to the latter stages etc, but never HIbs, Rangers, or Celtic, I've never ever done that and never will. 

:spoton: John.  In my opinion, that’s the three that no Hearts fan should ever cheer for.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

The Continental Op
On 10/08/2018 at 21:44, YellowSub said:

:thumbs_up:

Any idea how many required to reduce the number of qualification rounds our clubs would be required to play next season.........or would it be the following season?

Staying where we are now moves cup winner to Europa League qualification round 2.

Next step up is 19th place which moves the SPL champions to CL QR2. For that we need 6 points MORE than the teams in that position (Serbia or Belarus) gain this season - 5 wins in qualifying + 1 in group stages, or 2 in qualifying, 2 in group stages could do it.

Next step after that is 17th which moves the SPL champions to CL QR2, cup winner to EL QR3, and SPL runner-up to ELQR2. For that we need  20 points MORE than the team in that position (Switzerland) gains, probably over several seasons as that means 5 wins in qualifying + 8 in group stages or some other combination.

Always assuming the countries around us don't improve their position relative to us ?

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

:spoton: John.  In my opinion, that’s the three that no Hearts fan should ever cheer for.

I'd be interested to know if fans of other Scottish clubs (xmt Rangers) cheered Celtic on in the 67 European cup final

1 hour ago, The Continental Op said:

Staying where we are now moves cup winner to Europa League qualification round 2.

Next step up is 19th place which moves the SPL champions to CL QR2. For that we need 6 points MORE than the teams in that position (Serbia or Belarus) gain this season - 5 wins in qualifying + 1 in group stages, or 2 in qualifying, 2 in group stages could do it.

Next step after that is 17th which moves the SPL champions to CL QR2, cup winner to EL QR3, and SPL runner-up to ELQR2. For that we need  20 points MORE than the team in that position (Switzerland) gains, probably over several seasons as that means 5 wins in qualifying + 8 in group stages or some other combination.

Always assuming the countries around us don't improve their position relative to us ?

Great info, cheers. 

Was for this reason that I started the thread. Our standing in Europe is appalling and has to improve.

Arguments will rage, of course, about how far people " cheer on " other teams to acheive a better starting point in Euro competitions.

I've already laid out my views on this earlier in the thread.

It's a conundrum for sure !

The Treasurer
59 minutes ago, Boab said:

Great info, cheers. 

Was for this reason that I started the thread. Our standing in Europe is appalling and has to improve.

Arguments will rage, of course, about how far people " cheer on " other teams to acheive a better starting point in Euro competitions.

I've already laid out my views on this earlier in the thread.

It's a conundrum for sure !

I don't think this "we need to improve the co-ee fish hunt" argument holds up.

Just look at the route sevco have (potentially) to reach the group stage. All winnable games.

On the other hand the sheep drew an EPL team in the 2nd round.

A lot of it is down to the luck of the draw

maroonlegions
On 15/08/2018 at 12:05, Homme said:

So the rest of the week then?

Rangers through tonight. Hibs face a hard task but capable of getting something IMO.

Dont want Hibs to be capable of anything really. FTH.  

I actually feel a bit sorry that I can't be right behind all scottish clubs in Europe.  I can't though.  I utterly detest the 3 sectarian clubs and celebrate all their failures.

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hibs game on the radio. Hopefully turns into a good laugh.

Nae cheeky wee links fir the game then, hopefully laughter  by radio.

Geoff the Mince
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Nae cheeky wee links fir the game then, hopefully laughter  by radio.

VipBox has it on 

According to the BBC website, the live reporting has Hibs playng Malmo (17 mins). Good memories.......

Edited by JALBO

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Hibsening it happening early in the season. FTH.

Not sure you understand what Hibsing means.

The guy that scored missed playing last week as Molde agreed 9 million for him with Salzburg. He hasn't made up his mind yet.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

The guy that scored missed playing last week as Molde agreed 9 million for him with Salzburg. He hasn't made up his mind yet.

He looks a cracking player at 18yo

Reading all the comments on here and I think it's a disgrace, we should be supporting all the Scottish teams in Europe

Aye right!!! FTH

:rudiyas: