Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hopefully the other two get emptied. 

If that happens and we win on Saturday, the only way the week could get better is if, when me and the wife go and watch Katherine Ryan at the festival she comes home with us. 

I went to see Christine Bovill tonight and she promised the whole way through the show that she would give the best / loudest singer a whisky. I had my first whisky (a Glenfiddich) in 30 years handed down to me when she sang My Way. I realised I like whisky!

Hey folks, I've just got home after two funerals in two days, the first my wife's late mum, yesterday, and today my good mountaineering friends wife, I'm just home from celebrating her life with friends. I usually want Scottish clubs to do well in Europe, but after their cowards performance on Saturday at Tynecastle, I'm quite happy to see them get punted oot of the EPL, feck off Celtic, ya whinin' entitled, dirty,  smelly pathetic excuse for a fitba club. In the last two days I've said fairwell to two people with more soul and integrity than anyone or everyone ever associated with your tawdry club. 'Mon The Hearts. !!!!!

Suduva are top of their Lithuanian league after 20 games and walking it by 11 clear points. They play on Thursday against Spartans who are 4th in the Latvian league and have played 17 games. Either team will be fitter than Celtic.

maroonnicky63

I just think it's a shame they are allowed to move onto another cup it's almost like saying ''sorry you got knocked out and you will lose all that money but tell you what we will let you get a second chance to see if you can make enough to stay well ahead of your competitors in Scotland, ''its a bloody disgrace.

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What a week.  And we still have Molde v Scum to come in the Asbestos Cup.

Acknowledgement to Morgan.

:sweeet:

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Shame about Celtic

:pleasing:

Couldn’t get on here to gloat last night but yeah, big shame ...  :robboyas:

1 minute ago, Homme said:

So the rest of the week then?

Rangers through tonight. Hibs face a hard task but capable of getting something IMO.

Both games are tomorrow (Thursday)

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Both games are tomorrow (Thursday)

Yeah came back to edit before anyone noticed.

10 hours ago, whodanny said:

Hey folks, I've just got home after two funerals in two days, the first my wife's late mum, yesterday, and today my good mountaineering friends wife, I'm just home from celebrating her life with friends. I usually want Scottish clubs to do well in Europe, but after their cowards performance on Saturday at Tynecastle, I'm quite happy to see them get punted oot of the EPL, feck off Celtic, ya whinin' entitled, dirty,  smelly pathetic excuse for a fitba club. In the last two days I've said fairwell to two people with more soul and integrity than anyone or everyone ever associated with your tawdry club. 'Mon The Hearts. !!!!!

Tough week for you mate, hope you're holding up well. Glad the Mhanks failure has provided some relief! All the best.

Winger Martin Boyle is not daunted by Molde's 5-1 weekend hammering of Norwegian league leaders Brann, saying Hibernian will provide a stiffer test.

Hibs travel to face Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side in the second leg of their Europa League qualifier on Thursday with the tie poised at 0-0.

"It is a brilliant result for them," Boyle, 25, said of the win over Brann.

"But this is a European game and I'm sure it'll be much more challenging for them."

It was Molde's second 5-1 home win in succession after a similar dismantling of Valerenga and they have now scored 16 goals in their past four games at Aker Stadion.

And the latest victory takes the fourth-placed side to within five points of Saturday's visitors after 18 games.

"Molde are a big, physical side, they are good with the ball, their midfield rotate well and they caused us a few problems," Boyle told BBC Scotland.

"Nobody stands still. They are always looking to get on the ball. That's quite challenging and we need to be switched on at all times.

"If we can get the ball down and hurt them in wide areas, hopefully we can cause them problems."

'It is slightly in our favour'

Hibs have so far beaten Faroe Islands side Runavik and Greek outfit Asteras Tripolis.

"It's getting more challenging," Boyle said when asked how the Europa League tie was balanced. "I would probably say it is 50-50 now.

"It is slightly in our favour because we didn't concede at home. Hopefully, we can go out there and score first.

"But they have home advantage, it will be a hostile environment and they will look to make it difficult for us."

Molde's Erling Braut Haland missed the first leg after his club accepted a bid from Salzburg for the 18-year-old forward but he returned to the starting line-up to score in Sunday's win.

Hibs sold Scotland international John McGinn to Aston Villa before the first leg, but on-loan Bournemouth midfielder Emerson Hyndman made his debut against the Norwegians as a second-half replacement.

"The core of the squad's still here," Boyle stressed. "We've lost a few key players, but the gaffer's brought in some good players and hopefully we can produce good performances again."

Big physical team...... slightly in their favour because they didn't concede at home?

That boys doesn't half slaver a load of pish 

The Continental Op

It will be much better for the Scottish co-efficient for Celtic to be a group 2 seed in the Europa League than a Group 4 minnow in the Champions League ( albeit we will be deprived of them going 0-0-6 win/draw/loss and out).

It also means that if Hibs or Rangers reach the group stages (a big ask) the TV market pool money will be divided among two or three teams in the ratio 60/40 or 40/30/30 based on last year's league position.

This could mean Hibs losing 1.5 million euros in a two-team situation as opposed to being the only Scottish team in the EL, a 1.75 million loss in a three team vs single team or (just!) a 250,000 loss in a three team vs two team outcome.

All in all, last night was a perfect result.

Edited by The Continental Op

...a bit disco

This tweet aged well then.

Celtic star Scott Brown urges Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen to start pulling their weight in Europe ?️https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2944523/celtic-scott-brown-rangers-hibs-aberdeen-europe/ 

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

This tweet aged well then.

Celtic star Scott Brown urges Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen to start pulling their weight in Europe ?️https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2944523/celtic-scott-brown-rangers-hibs-aberdeen-europe/ 

As much as it pains me, I’d quite like Hibs and Rangers to progress based on this arrogance from the Head of Scottish Refereeing.

brunoatemyhamster

Both ties are still in the balance.

Maribor score early and its squeaky bum time for Sevco.

Hibs got a decent result last week, but cant see them getting more than one goal over there. Looks like Molde have got more than one goal in them at home.

Prediction.

Both Hibs and Sevco through, since i always get my predictions wrong.

Bazzas right boot

If we can get some kind of momentum then all in the Europa league is not a bad thing, although I want hibs out, I don't think they'll be near the top again and we'll be well clear of them, however I'll play along, given the gap last year.

Rangers have a thin squad and playing twice a week will hurt them more than Celtic. Rangers do NEED the money tho, for hibs it would be a brucey bonus. 

Celtic, I expect to still win the league and unless another can get 90 points + then they'll win it easily.

On balance I still want all to go out.

Hibs, as it will shut them up 

Rangers as it will start the slow process of the meltdown after Celtic beat them.

Celtic, just because they are a shower of ***** and have too much money.

Although, as I said if we can get some momentum, then them playing in Europe would only help us , this season, but it's still a big if from us.

The UEFA Super Cup match between Real Madrid and Atletico tonight will be played in the 15,000 capacity Estonian National Stadium in Tallinn, the same ground we played at against Infonet a couple of years ago. Random fact of the day.

As for Scottish teams in Europe, I'm glad Celtic don't have the chance of picking up another £30m by qualifying for the CL group stages, they're already too far ahead financially.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

10 quid a pint in Molde. The Lochend gypsies will be having open wallet surgery.

???

They come home after a dispiriting defeat and their remaining superstars exhausted to a tricky wee  league cup tie.

I think it's all looking a bit dicey but as they are great chums of mine I wish them all the best.?❤❤❤

1 hour ago, Statto said:

The UEFA Super Cup match between Real Madrid and Atletico tonight will be played in the 15,000 capacity Estonian National Stadium in Tallinn, the same ground we played at against Infonet a couple of years ago. Random fact of the day.

As for Scottish teams in Europe, I'm glad Celtic don't have the chance of picking up another £30m by qualifying for the CL group stages, they're already too far ahead financially.

1-0 already to Atletico Madrid  Costa..on BT

Reporting glesga saying tic missing out on millions, what they did`nt say was they get it most years and should be well off compared to the rest.

15 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Reporting glesga saying tic missing out on millions, what they did`nt say was they get it most years and should be well off compared to the rest.

If they get to the Europa group stages, and they probably will then they will still make millions, it's the tens of millions that they have missed out on.

My heart bleeds for them.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Molde have won their last two home matches 5-1, you say?!

:pleasingao:

Sundays game was against top of the league Brann.

clintnod.gif

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

1 down 2 to go

Hooefully train and ticket for Dunfermline paid for courtesy of these 3 middens ?

D695B575-A585-4C89-BC14-6FFDF94BF276.jpeg

If I was the bookie I'd pay you out before the games were even played for your taste and discernment.

19 hours ago, Taffin said:

Tough week for you mate, hope you're holding up well. Glad the Mhanks failure has provided some relief! All the best.

Thanks man, I'm fine, just need to support my wife, she was close to her mum.

It would be good for us if these lot were distracted by Europe for as long as possible, far more likely to drop points after a midweek game. As fun as it is when the get pumped out.

The Old Tolbooth

Right then Molde and Maribor, let's finish the job tonight and empty these two shitehawks out of Europe, sadly there's no chance of Celtic not making the group stages though as they have almost a free run at it now. 

I really wish Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone or the likes would qualify for Europe, I'd actually be able to bring myself to shout on them, there's not a chance with Hibs, Celtic (same thing really), or Rangers, and I can't even bring myself to shout on the sheep either, their fans are a shower of wankers. 

Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Right then Molde and Maribor, let's finish the job tonight and empty these two shitehawks out of Europe, sadly there's no chance of Celtic not making the group stages though as they have almost a free run at it now. 

I really wish Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone or the likes would qualify for Europe, I'd actually be able to bring myself to shout on them, there's not a chance with Hibs, Celtic (same thing really), or Rangers, and I can't even bring myself to shout on the sheep either, their fans are a shower of wankers. 

Changed days - I remember cheering for Aberdeen in the CWC final in 83, Dundee United in the 84 European Cup, even Celtic to beat Forest.

I blame social media for the angst now. Keyboard warriors have a lot to answer for

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Changed days - I remember cheering for Aberdeen in the CWC final in 83, Dundee United in the 84 European Cup, even Celtic to beat Forest.

I blame social media for the angst now. Keyboard warriors have a lot to answer for

Agree with this , except for Rangers who I detest. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I also remember cheering them on, tbh I probably would cheer on Aberdeen if they got to the latter stages etc, but never HIbs, Rangers, or Celtic, I've never ever done that and never will. 

If all three reach the group stages then would there be a cash windfall for other Scottish prem. clubs? This happened last season, we got 300k windfall.

5 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

If all three reach the group stages then would there be a cash windfall for other Scottish prem. clubs? This happened last season, we got 300k windfall.

No, not quite.

We got £370,000, as did all other SPL clubs because the hooped demons got into the group stage of the Champs League.

Europa League groups would not throw us much more than a bunch of bananas !

1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

I also remember cheering them on, tbh I probably would cheer on Aberdeen if they got to the latter stages etc, but never HIbs, Rangers, or Celtic, I've never ever done that and never will. 

This  :2thumbsup:

Bridge of Djoum
18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

10 quid a pint in Molde. The Lochend gypsies will be having open wallet surgery.

Much is glue?