The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Even more amusing...now you have a better job than me as well as being intellectually superior, now that's extremely interesting.

I'm now embarrassed for you...as well as not wanting to lower myself to such an uncouth level.

Anyway, if you could please wait a sec, I want to grab a couple of buckets so I can gather as much of your wishy, washy...whining tears are possible.

Don't let him noise you up. He's just got a lot of time to kill, as his lollipop is in the shed for the summer. 

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, stirlo said:

Us as Hearts fans laughing at Hibs is hardly on a par with Scotland fans laughing at England in terms of the respective positions of the teams. In fact us as Hearts fans laughing at Hibs, is more like England fans laughing at Scotland. 

:rofl::rofl:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Don't let him noise you up. He's just got a lot of time to kill, as his lollipop is in the shed for the summer. 

It's my favourite lollipop too!

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Oh but you doth protest too much I'm afraid...you attempted to belittle me, by claiming I was the teaboy in the office.

Which, as I said previously...is amusing.

Anyway...toodlepip...have a nice evening.

Not in comparison to me though. :) How do you know I'm not a teaboy too, or that I even work? To labour the point (my apologies), you don't know it, you inferred a comparative relationship.

Indeed, you too. I hope you enjoy your bath in all those salty tears you've collected. ;)

Alex Kintner

Adrian Durham on Talksport getting all worked up at Modric and calling him “classless” due to his after match comments. The hurt is immense.

:gok:

Edited by Frank1874

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Adrian Durham on Talksport getting all worked up at Modric and calling him “classless” due to his after match comments. The hurt is immense.

What a fud.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Russia and Czech Republic are the main successor states of the old unions, therefore their previous union results were included. I'd do the same with the other constituent parts of each respective union too, if could be bothered to compile every single nation that's ever appeared at a World cup or regional championship finals.

England remain a second rate nation though, no matter how many objective stats you try to ignore.

Guaranteed that if the UK were to split into its constituent nation states, you would be absolutely fuming if someone then published sporting stats that, taking England as the main successor state of the UK, treated pre-split UK results and post-split English results as pertaining to the same country. Just think, Chris Hoy's Olympic results would be counted as English, as would those of Eric Liddell, David Wilkie etc.

if/when that time comes, I can only hope that a wee voice at the back of your head thinks backs to this thread and says to itself "But I did exactly the same myself. What a hypocrite I am!". Because the USSR teams included non-Russian players and the Czechoslovakia teams contained Slovak players. For non-Russian and Slovak players, read Scottish Olympians - it's the same thing and can be extended to any sports where Scots, Welsh etc. represent the UK.

But you obviously just don't get that.

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Heard this too.  I'm sure Modric really cares what that butt-hurt slavering waste of skin thinks.

6 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Splendid.

south morocco

The English can’t seem to grasp that their 66 win was a freak outcome, the exception rather than the rule , they re deluded  and wil never win it  or the Euros in the foreseeable future yet they are still banging on about next time etc. Worse than Americans for living in their own bubble....

Rant over !

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Not in comparison to me though. :) How do you know I'm not a teaboy too, or that I even work? To labour the point (my apologies), you don't know it, you inferred a comparative relationship.

Indeed, you too. I hope you enjoy your bath in all those salty tears you've collected. ;)

I’d love for you to show me where these salty tears of mine are? 

Im in an EXTREMELY good mood after yesterday evenings events...today has been glorious.

Then, up you pop...crying about the fact that I’ve been having a go at fellow Hearts fans, by taking the mickey about England getting pumped out of the World Cup...basically insinuating that I’m somehow out of order for taking the mickey, as they’re meant to be fellow Hearts supporters.

Now what is like to understand, but unfortunately I’m struggling...is that you chose to make your point by attacking me? Now that’s a bit of a contradiction isn’t it...having a go at me for taking the mickey out of the English Hearts fans (and the English in general), by then calling a fellow Hearts fan thick and a zoomer (and then insinuating I must be fairly unimportant in the company I work for)?

So please explain that if you would be so kind...as it appears to me that any points you have made have been nullified by the contradiction I’ve highlighted above?

Finally, I’d say it was fairly clear who had their jimmies emotionally rustled...who lept in upset and lashing out like a pre-pubescent child with name-calling and personal putdowns.

Methinks you’re a teeny, tiny bit upset about England going out...the lady doth protests WAY too much!

3F0250EE-E3E8-4F6D-A04D-FF223D22EFFF.jpeg

Edited by Deviskan

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

This has been a brilliant world cup and I thoroughly enjoyed the party.

Looking forward to the final and then a trip to Cove next week. 

I'm coming home.

So no more putting down the Scots who wanted England emptied

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Russia and Czech Republic are the main successor states of the old unions, therefor their previous union results were included. I'd do the same with the other constituent parts of each respective union too, if could be bothered to compile every single nation that's ever appeared at a World cup or regional championship finals.

England remain a second rate nation though, no matter how many objective stats you try to ignore.

Your cast iron stats don't half need a lot of small print :laugh:

Your second paragraph is spot on and you don't need pretty pastel shades or "stats" to prove that. Everybody south of Hadrians Wall knows it. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Those criticising Scottish fans for enjoying England's failure because Scotland are poor are missing the point completely. 

We know and admit Scotland are poor but we are not the ones who have been boring the arse of the other UK nations night after night on TV by banging on about football's coming home.

The sports programmes have been bad enough but they have squeezed this nonsense on to other programmes as well GMB and Eastenders .

Every opportunity  has been taken to brag about their exploits completely forgetting that England is not Britain.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Those criticising Scottish fans for enjoying England's failure because Scotland are poor are missing the point completely. 

We know and admit Scotland are poor but we are not the ones who have been boring the arse of the other UK nations night after night on TV by banging on about football's coming home.

The sports programmes have been bad enough but they have squeezed this nonsense on to other programmes as well GMB and Eastenders .

Every opportunity  has been taken to brag about their exploits completely forgetting that England is not Britain.

We don't need to justify anything to anyone. Especially the weirdo salty teared English supporting Scots. 

The White Cockade

I'm sure we can all agree that England Hibsed it

oh

and they are coming home

no more to say really

apart from

:clyay::clyay::clyay:

57 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So no more putting down the Scots who wanted England emptied

Hello Sailor

40 minutes ago, sassenach said:

English Hearts fan here.

Please don't argue about laughing at us today, it's unbecoming. We're there to be shot at.

In relation to the size and resources of our country, our record absolutely is awful. There's no reason why, over time, we couldn't have  achieved as much as France, or Germany, or Italy or Holland, but we haven't. I'd be laughing too if I was Scottish.

FTH

Finally, a ‘normal’ Englishman on here who can take a bit of banter!

One that doesn’t think it means every ‘see you next Tuesday’ in Scotland  hates him because he’s getting ribbed...and takes it in the spirit it’s meant (football rivalry and banter).

I doth my cap to you sir!

P.S.

GIRFUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

113B1200-9FEC-4EC6-AB4E-67793943FAE4.jpeg

Edited by Deviskan

Unknown user

Never thought I'd see the day where laughing at England being knocked out of the world cup was frowned upon on a Scottish football forum!

Enjoying your rivals' misfortune is the cornerstone of football and I'll apologise to no one for it, no matter how pish Scotland are. 

GIRFUY England!

384004.jpg

:yas:

3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I’d love for you to show me where these salty tears of mine are?

The ones you've been collecting from England supporters. :D

Even when I was joking with you, you thought I was having a go at you. I'm so sorry I touched that nerve. Just banter... ;)

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Even when I was joking with you, you thought I was having a go at you. I'm so sorry I touched that nerve. Just banter... ;)

Oh dear, you’ve overplayed your hand I’m afraid.

So the aim was to ‘wind me up’ or ‘get to me’ or ‘touch a nerve’ was it?

That sounds awfully like the words of a man looking to get back at somebody that’s upset or annoyed them...did my GIRFUY posts about England upset you?

Someone call the fecking WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE for redJambo.

I see you bodyswerved the contradiction question I directed at you as well...interesting.

Edited by Deviskan

17 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh dear, you’ve overplayed your hand I’m afraid.

So the aim was to ‘wind me up’ or ‘get to me’ or ‘touch a nerve’ was it?

That sounds awfully like the words of a man looking to get back at somebody that’s upset or annoyed them...did my GIRFUY posts about England upset you?

Someone call the fecking WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE for redJambo.

I see you bodyswerved the contradiction question I directed at you as well...interesting.

No. I just saw you acting in the same kind of overplayed manner as those England supporters who jumped on top of cars and didn't like what I saw. I still don't. Ignorant and childish.

Let's face it. From what you've been posting on here, you could have programmed a fecking robot to go into your office today with a loop tape shouting out "It's not coming home.... Salty tears!!!... It's not coming home... Salty tears!!!..." ad nauseam, and it would have had the same effect. No intelligence or subtlety to your humour at all.

And you're way off the mark. Although I had been telling people that I could live with England winning the whole thing, I cheered those two Croatian goals like they were Scotland goals and, after the whole thing was over, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I could get back to enjoying the World Cup (well the Final anyway) without the media being arseholes. I didn't expect that, but it felt great. So no, you've missed the point, the GIRFUY posts about England didn't upset me because of any allegiance, they pissed me off because of their boorishness. It was like being back in the playground. England lost - that's great. Now let's get on with life rather than spending our time rubbing it in like 10 year-olds.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No. I just saw you acting in the same kind of overplayed manner as those England supporters who jumped on top of cars and didn't like what I saw. I still don't. Ignorant and childish.

Let's face it. From what you've been posting on here, you could have programmed a fecking robot to go into your office today with a loop tape shouting out "It's not coming home.... Salty tears!!!... It's not coming home... Salty tears!!!..." ad nauseam, and it would have had the same effect. No intelligence or subtlety to your humour at all.

And you're way off the mark. Although I had been telling people that I could live with England winning the whole thing, I cheered those two Croatian goals like they were Scotland goals and, after the whole thing was over, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I could get back to enjoying the World Cup (well the Final anyway) without the media being arseholes. I didn't expect that, but it felt great. So no, you've missed the point, the GIRFUY posts about England didn't upset me because of any allegiance, they pissed me off because of their boorishness. It was like being back in the playground. England lost - that's great. Now let's get on with life rather than spending our time rubbing it in like 10 year-olds.

So in summary I’ve upset you...my posts touched a nerve did they?

I’M SO SORRY!

Can you please show me an occasion when I’ve said ‘It’s not coming home’?

And here’s a final point for you...

Who in the name of feck do you think you are, to tell people how to react and what to think, say or do online because it doesn’t meet your approval?

How about this...just for you:

GIRFUY!

Just now, Deviskan said:

So in summary I’ve upset you...my posts touched a nerve did they?

I’M SO SORRY!

Can you please show me an occasion when I’ve said ‘It’s not coming home’?

And here’s a final point for you...

Who in the name of feck do you think you are, to tell people how to react and what to think, say or do online because it doesn’t meet your approval?

How about this...just for you:

GIRFUY!

Apology accepted.

7 hours ago, Fubar_Stef said:

Surprised this thread is still alive. 

That's them out. 

No more needs to be said. 

When Saturday comes. 

shaun.lawson

Deviskan's posts on the last two or three pages. :cornette: I think he needs serious professional help.

Cade's wee graph with all the different colours :rofl: 

Deviskan yelling GIRFUY at redjambo - despite the latter being happy England lost. Yelling GIRFUY - because as a man of the world, redjambo isn't full of hate, bitterness and rage, unlike Deviskan.

What an education these last two or three pages are. My oh my. Deviskan? More like Deviskant.

Edited by shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
5 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Irony just died.

13 hours ago, Boris said:

Disagree.

"we're shite and we know we are" springs to mind!  

And it's easy to both focuse ire on the SFA as well as chuckle at English inadequacy.

Indeed it is 

On 11/07/2018 at 06:06, Deviskan said:

Please show me a post I've made saying that I ‘HATE’ England or Hibs...otherwise I’ll have an apology for the above being a downright lie.

I’ve clearly said multiple times that I feel sorry for anyone that HATES a football team...that I simply want both of those teams pumped whenever they play as I see them as our rivals...and indeed my wife is English, most of my friends are either English or Hibs fans, but whenever their team plays football I want them to lose.

You have completely and utterly lost the plot...and that post is clear evidence of that (irrespective of your later apology to everyone).

Still waiting a response to this Shaun...show me one single post I’ve made saying I ‘HATE’ England...or become INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE if someone doesn’t HATE England as much as I do.

Just show me one post Shaun...we all know how much you like multi-quoting, so after making the statement you made about me it should be easy for you shouldn’t it?

gashauskis9
48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Genuine question... did Wales get similar offer after Euros?

Spot on.  A bigger achievement which was quickly forgotten about.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Spot on.  A bigger achievement which was quickly forgotten about.

And they, and some of “us”, wonder why we take joy in their defeat!

Maroon Sailor
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Genuine question... did Wales get similar offer after Euros?

There was this article about going to Clarence House. Not sure if even that actually happened. William might have to change his tune as well if he ever becomes the PoW

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-euro-2016-team-could-11592925

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Chaps said:

There’s only one way Shaun and Deviskan can sort this 

20FA4CE7-1C98-481C-BB1B-48D12241F4B0.gif

Is there an online version that might suit Shaun better?

4 minutes ago, Chaps said:

There’s only one way Shaun and Deviskan can sort this 

20FA4CE7-1C98-481C-BB1B-48D12241F4B0.gif

Literally no chance...can you honestly imagine Shaun being around that many people?

A man that didn't even leave his room to watch a single World Cup game with anyone else...Never mind England, not one single Uruguay game at a pub/fan park whilst supposedly living in Uruguay (and consistently crowing about how he loves the Uruguayan National team...yet, doesn't go and experience a single match in public to savour the atmosphere).

That's weird in the extreme.

15 hours ago, south morocco said:

The English can’t seem to grasp that their 66 win was a freak outcome, the exception rather than the rule , they re deluded  and wil never win it  or the Euros in the foreseeable future yet they are still banging on about next time etc. Worse than Americans for living in their own bubble....

Rant over !

World Cup 2030 is 12 years away so a long time. 

If held in England they could have a chance. 

But that was the era of home victories - England 66, West Germany 74, Argentina 78. 

Just France 98 since then. 

4 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Still waiting a response to this Shaun...show me one single post I’ve made saying I ‘HATE’ England...or become INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE if someone doesn’t HATE England as much as I do.

Just show me one post Shaun...we all know how much you like multi-quoting, so after making the statement you made about me it should be easy for you shouldn’t it?

Well you gave me a load of abuse and said i was a wanna be English **** or something to that effect. If that's what you do when you don't hate someone and your not raging, then thank **** I'm not around when you're piss is boiling.

5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Well you gave me a load of abuse and said i was a wanna be English **** or something to that effect. If that's what you do when you don't hate someone and your not raging, then thank **** I'm not around when you're piss is boiling.

Quote me that post please...and the one you made that I responded to.

Thanks

Here, I've found it for you...

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:12, Deviskan said:

You're a Scottish Uncle Tom!

Wait, I'm joking!

Nah, actually...I'm using artistic licence

Now, in your head the above actually translates as:

13 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Interesting stuff!

Tommy Brown

Deviskan, i think you should actually read what your typing and reflect.

your behaving like a cyber bully, i it justified to be so callous?

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

World Cup 2030 is 12 years away so a long time. 

If held in England they could have a chance. 

But that was the era of home victories - England 66, West Germany 74, Argentina 78. 

Just France 98 since then. 

Home advantage definitely seems to help though. Look at Russia this year and South Korea in 2002. South Africa were very unlucky not to get out their group in 2010. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Deviskan, i think you should actually read what your typing and reflect.

your behaving like a cyber bully, i it justified to be so callous?

Spot on.