"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

54 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Replaced with Mallan, Emerson Hyndman and the Ghanaian winger from Man City and a couple of million in the bank. They will be equally strong this season imo. We've improved too so hopefully we can  match them this year.

Yes course they will ?

This last page, its like people arent even trying to hide it anymore ?

Edited by Jamboelite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Just cause I can’t stand the team he played for doesn’t mean I’m blind to what a very good footballer he was. I think a 25 page thread shows how relieved we are that he’s away. Personally I hope he does well at AV as I do all the Scottish players who play in England. 

And develops into a key player in the Scotland side.  He has the potential. 

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yes course they will ?

This last page, its like people arent even trying to hide it anymore ?

Had a look at his recent posts....arguing to try and prove how much STs are down, and now telling us Hibs will be just as strong despite losing their 2 best players.... Subtle as a sledgehammer. 

5 minutes ago, stotty said:

Had a look at his recent posts....arguing to try and prove how much STs are down, and now telling us Hibs will be just as strong despite losing their 2 best players.... Subtle as a sledgehammer. 

There are a few on this page to be fair and definitely no subtlety.

chester copperpot
22 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

To replace who ?

If Celtic desperately wanted McGinn he’d have been there weeks ago. If I were you I’d start to question this Lennoxtown source of yours as I recall he/she previously stated Celtic wanted CP....which was bollocks.

I don't ever need to doubt my sources. If I was to name him you would all know who he was.

I have a few guys on here who know who my source is.

Believe it or not, I genuinely couldn't give 2 hoots. 

I post snippets as do some other posters. I posted nearly a year ago about Celtics McGinn interest. It got a bit laughed at then. 

The only reason McGinn is not at Celtic is their own doing. 

Best case scenario would be if Brenda did really want McGinn.    There's no shortage of money at the piggery so any penny pinching seems strange.      There could be a wider policy being exercised in that Celtic don't want to start paying other Scottish clubs decent money,    but if Rodgers wanted him,    he should have got him.       

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Replaced with Mallan, Emerson Hyndman and the Ghanaian winger from Man City and a couple of million in the bank. They will be equally strong this season imo. We've improved too so hopefully we can  match them this year.

Reekin of Hibs.

Again.

3 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

this was true until 2 nights ago . Celtic couldn't compete with the contract on offer down south. just like if any young hearts player speak to a championship side . the packages down south wipe Celtic out

@chester copperpot is correct. 

How do you know it’s true?

I’m saying that your point isn’t valid but ...

Just now, Faron90 said:

because Celtic had gambled on no English bid before the deadline which would have had hibs accepting what was offered after Thursday deadline . Celtic thought they had played a blinder but really they shit themselves in the foot. they would have offered up an extra 100 grand or so after Thursday and hibs wouldn't be able to knock it back . packages offered down south blow anything offered up here our the water ....that's pretty much common knowledge 

Except Celtic claim that the two bids were the same.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
2 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

hard for anyone to say hibs have improved losing mcginn and Mcgeough

Hard to also say they will be just as strong. 

P.S Not saying you said that ?

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I don't ever need to doubt my sources. If I was to name him you would all know who he was.

I have a few guys on here who know who my source is.

Believe it or not, I genuinely couldn't give 2 hoots. 

I post snippets as do some other posters. I posted nearly a year ago about Celtics McGinn interest. It got a bit laughed at then. 

The only reason McGinn is not at Celtic is their own doing. 

Does your source still play?

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Does your source still play?

Did he ever mention that he was a player?

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Barry Anderson @BarryAnderson_ 1h1 hour ago

John McGinn joins Aston Villa from Hibs on a four-year deal. Fee undisclosed but Hibs will bank more than £2m after St Mirren get their 33 per cent from a sell-on clause.

I doubt that as it would have to be north of 3million and even hobos who are itk (allegedly) are saying 2.1 and add ons now

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Just a guess... do you know who he is?

1 minute ago, millano77 said:

Spot the difference 

36B4ACD4-093A-43A3-AA8A-72A06AA575FE.jpeg

EA24771E-09EC-4CD9-9068-A8BFF81F6C03.jpeg

The handsome one is at the top. :) 

Stephen Muddie
Just now, sadj said:

I doubt that as it would have to be north of 3million and even hobos who are itk (allegedly) are saying 2.1 and add ons now

Agreed. That would mean a one million payment to St Liedown.

seems on the face of it unbelievable business. He's totally overrated

3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Just a guess... do you know who he is?

Chester?  

Aye, he’s a poster on here.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I heard from someone in the know that the fee was £2.85m with St Mirren getting 30%.

Suppose that makes it over £2m after SM share.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

The handsome one is at the top. :) 

The scary thing is this is the deliverance kid now. He could defo pass as MsGinns dad 

F0C64E30-0DA2-4505-B78A-7FC33E469599.jpeg

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

to liven thus thread up a bit I've just been told from a mate (not sure how reliable)so don't shoot the messenger.

that Blackburn are after souttar and the young Kilmarnock left back 

How reliable is he normally?

1 minute ago, millano77 said:

The scary thing is this is the deliverance kid now. He could defo pass as MsGinns dad 

F0C64E30-0DA2-4505-B78A-7FC33E469599.jpeg

A900596D-0F0E-430A-9324-540882A94F1A.gif

A474C5F2-3B5A-4200-8D79-6B8AAE9ED832.gif

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

I heard from someone in the know that the fee was £2.85m with St Mirren getting 30%.

Interesting. That would also work with the 2.1 then rising to 2.7/2.8 with add ons.

Just what this thread needs, The Riddler arriving with his questions ?

Hibs have done a good bit of business but we will have to see the impact it has on them and what if any they spend on signings.

Edited by Jamboelite

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Interesting. That would also work with the 2.1 then rising to 2.7/2.8 with add ons.

So when Banderson writes "Hibs will bank over 2 mil" he might mean Hibs COULD bank over 2mil... 

if it's 2.1 it's 630-700k to St Liedown (depending if it's 33% or 30%)

My guess is Hubz have pocketed c1.5 million up front with the rest coming later if he holds down a place and succeeds. Which I doubt FWIW. Mind you, Villa are shit and so is the league they play in so it's possible.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

That is nonsense mate. Sorry. He would have featured for them this year.

Celtic wanted him for their 1st team

1st team squad. 

In the end celtic weren’t too fussed. Rodgers seen him as a work in progress and someone that needed development. Lawell wasn’t prepared to pay over the odds for a bench warmer.

Right now McGinn is far to slow on the ball for a team like Celtic and his general play is lacking. Scott Allan is a good example, he was probably hibs best performer last year and gets the pissed ripped out him on a daily basis at Celtic training.

5 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

well he is 2 out 4 this summer regarding Scottish transfers . called the lee transfer out of the blue and also the mcginn to England championship side well before hand. but..... also had 2 wrong who have went elsewhere 

Hmmm.

Villa only contacted Hibs on Monday. It looks like your contact made an educated guess as there is no way in the world he will have known they were going to make a bid.

17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

£2.75m fee according to The Sun

18 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How reliable is he normally?

What is reliable? What is normal? What is love? Baby don’t hurt me. 

Jambof3tornado
23 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

to liven thus thread up a bit I've just been told from a mate (not sure how reliable)so don't shoot the messenger.

that Blackburn are after souttar and the young Kilmarnock left back 

Only a few hours after I posted asking if souttar would be our next big sale.

5million and they can have him

36 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

Celtic thought they had played a blinder but really they shit themselves in the foot.

Apologies for my immaturity, but :rofl:

ford donald
1 minute ago, Faron90 said:

maybe so but wasn't common knowledge that a championship team where interested at the time . if people look at my post on another thread they will know who my source is ?

Villa vested a interest a while ago about him,so no surprise the follow up. Brenda will not be a happy man about this,Celtic dithered with their bids.

Just now, Faron90 said:

maybe so but wasn't common knowledge that a championship team where interested at the time . if people look at my post on another thread they will know who my source is ?

We’d been assured there was interest from Celtic and clubs south of the border for weeks now. Only two clubs appeared to have bid. Villa have only bid since Spurs made a move from Grealish.

If Celtic had bid enough he’d have been along the M8 before any bids from elsewhere.

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Villa vested a interest a while ago about him,so no surprise the follow up. Brenda will not be a happy man about this,Celtic dithered with their bids.

McGinn says it was Monday when he found out about Villas interest.

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Will he start every week at villa?

Given that a 10-12 million move doesn't guarantee a start down there, then I think probably not.

Just now, karipidis said:

Unfortunately looks like Hibs have made a good signing with Hyndman coming in. 

Have they?

Don't remember him being outstanding at the rangers

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Have they?

The rangers :happy:, anyway,  i better inform my hobo neighbour his idol has gone, kept saying he would not go .

25 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Have they?

Pretty sure he played in the game Cathro was made to look like a football manager....not sure what that says about his ability. The problem is all the players coming in now will be judged against Allan McGeough and McGinn...if they're not up to scratch they'll get pelters.