So who's next then

wanderer

Cifti worth a punt? Free agent now. 

Wonder if CL could get him playing as he did back at Dundee United (albeit I appreciate Houston was his Gaffer there). 

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

BackOfTheNet
8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Lee wallace

Hmmm. Boy is talented but I do like Mitchell. Still sticks in my throat we never fully got paid for Wallace in the first place.

BackOfTheNet
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Nobody till some leave. Nothing to back that up just guessing

I was hoping there may be an announcement Monday or Tuesday given the 9th of June transfer window opening. But you’re probably right, barring any of the loanees being announced as returning, we might see a few leaving first. Perhaps some of our youngsters might have loans out.

Cifti is pish his spells at Plymouth and Motherwell showed that and we can do alot better than Wallace who is probably half the player he was when he left. 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Irons are in the fire

We’re getting someone from West Ham? :pleased:

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, RS86 said:

Wonder when we will get a decision from Hughes? Still need another CB even if he does stay for another year

Coaching job soon.

12 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Make sure you conenowhere near me if I go into anaphylactic shock ?

I didn't want to be the one to say a 2nd time :lol:

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Coaching job soon.

Good wages? Tbh I could do strength and conditioning coaching quite happily

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hmmm. Boy is talented but I do like Mitchell. Still sticks in my throat we never fully got paid for Wallace in the first place.

Remember watching Lee Wallace play at centre half at Tannadice for us when we had loads of injuries.  Absolutely outstanding. Roger played well as left sided central defender when Levein was injured too 

If Wallace was free of injury I'd take him without any hesitation 

18Jambo_dave74
50 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Remember watching Lee Wallace play at centre half at Tannadice for us when we had loads of injuries.  Absolutely outstanding. Roger played well as left sided central defender when Levein was injured too 

I remember that game, Wallace was excellent at centre half that day. 

Probably an unrealistic hope, but if we were to play with 3 at the back and wing backs, then Wallace on the left side of the 3 and Mitchell at wing back would give us a great balance on that side. 

30 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Probably an unrealistic hope, but if we were to play with 3 at the back and wing backs, then Wallace on the left side of the 3 and Mitchell at wing back would give us a great balance on that side. 

I always felt LW could develop into a top central defender. Souttar, Berra and Wallace would be a cracking back 3. He will turn 31 in August 

We are probably his most likely destination 

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Darren Fletcher

Can people please stop posting this. It’s complete and utter garbage/fantasy.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You asked the question I just gave you the answer. I'd welcome Wallace back. Still got it for SPL, could've played at a higher level of he had left rangers but I imagine he's had some big paydays off them.

1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

This is actually a really good point.

When we play 3 at the back we tend to stick Berra on the left of the three and its caught us out a few times. He would be miles better suited to the middle CB of the 3, with Souttar on the right and someone with a bit more pace on the left of him.

KyleLafferty
1 hour ago, Shrekeo said:

I’ll post what I want, when I want so bolt.

Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't ☺️

But shhhhhh 

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I always felt LW could develop into a top central defender. Souttar, Berra and Wallace would be a cracking back 3. He will turn 31 in August 

We are probably his most likely destination 

Wallace has been supposedly fit for months and not be near a Rangers squad, either due to attitude or that after a number of injuries in recent years his legs are gone.

doubt we’ll see him play top flight again for anyone, his most likely destination will be lower leagues as player coach

heartmussel
3 hours ago, Spencer said:

I believe he is either been or going in for another operation,double hernia so will miss quite a few games and game fitness levels must be poor.With Murty returning definitely no place for him at Ibrox.

50 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’ll post what I want, when I want so bolt.

I’m on your side.  This places humour and patter is shocking at times so thanks for the genuine lols. 

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

I’m on your side.  This places humour and patter is shocking at times so thanks for the genuine lols. 

Haha thing is I haven’t just pulled the name out the blue, I’ve heard it a lot. Family is up in mayfield still. Out of contract, worked with Levein before. Got a year or two in him, and he isn’t going to get a game for his boyhood club Celtic. 

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Haha thing is I haven’t just pulled the name out the blue, I’ve heard it a lot. Family is up in mayfield still. Out of contract, worked with Levein before. Got a year or two in him, and he isn’t going to get a game for his boyhood club Celtic. 

I'm harbouring hopes for fletcher. No idea how realistic it is but as you say, he's a midlothian lad who probably wouldn't get game time for the team he supported as a kid. Hope hope

39 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Fair enough bud,  I know he has family up here but I can’t see him leaving his family down south to head up here after 20 years to come to anyone apart from Celtic.  Coaching under Rodgers would appeal though.  I hope you are right mind you :) 

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Fair enough bud,  I know he has family up here but I can’t see him leaving his family down south to head up here after 20 years to come to anyone apart from Celtic.  Coaching under Rodgers would appeal though.  I hope you are right mind you :) 

I think he would love to be at Celtic but realistically he won’t get a game. Coaching under Rodgers would be up his street to be fair. I hope the rumours are true. Raise the profile of Scottish football again. The reputation keeps going up and up and the more names that come up here the better. I mean you had Guti and Patrick Kluivert wanting the St.Mirren job! 

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

I think he would love to be at Celtic but realistically he won’t get a game. Coaching under Rodgers would be up his street to be fair. I hope the rumours are true. Raise the profile of Scottish football again. The reputation keeps going up and up and the more names that come up here the better. I mean you had Guti and Patrick Kluivert wanting the St.Mirren job! 

Totally agree with you. 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Haven’t you?

Well let me tell anyone reading that it’s complete and utter rubbish. Also, his family haven’t lived in Mayfield for some time. 

And I can assure you my ‘source’ is better than what you’ve heard.

That said, maybe he will sign?

Take a ludicrous drop in salary, turn down big money offers on the table, uproot his family from their home and school etc. Or maybe he’ll travel a 7 hour round trip for training each day.

I’m sure the fact he likes Levein will swing it!

You keep posting ‘what you want’ tho. It’s really constructive......

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

Haven’t you?

Well let me tell anyone reading that it’s complete and utter rubbish. Also, his family haven’t lived in Mayfield for some time. 

Take a ludicrous drop in salary, turn down big money offers on the table, uproot his family from their home and school etc. Or maybe he’ll travel a 7 hour round trip for training each day.

What club s he going to ?

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

What club s he going to ?

That I don’t know.

What I do know is, as of 2 weeks ago he had a lot of offers on the table (both playing and non-playing), all of which, I’m gutted to say, are much more lucrative and suits his family better than signing for the Famous.

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

That I don’t know.

What I do know is, as of 2 weeks ago he had a lot of offers on the table (both playing and non-playing), all of which, I’m gutted to say, are much more lucrative and suits his family better than signing for the Famous.

So we're not in for him, haven't contacted him or his agent at any time, even just as an enquiry and couldn't possibly be in the frame even if we did or had ?

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

So we're not in for him, haven't contacted him or his agent at any time, even just as an enquiry and couldn't possibly be in the frame even if we did or had ?

I didn’t say that. 

However, if you’re ITK then feel free to share.

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

I didn’t say that. 

However, if you’re ITK then feel free to share.

Pointless me sharing anything if your source is telling you its not happening.

Edited by Escobar PHM

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Pointless me sharing anything if you're source is telling you its not happening.

Oh go on!

Just for funsies!!

Escobar PHM
15 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

Oh go on!

Just for funsies!!

I know he has been at Riccarton/Oriam recently (at least once in the last month). That's all I know but its 100% nailed on that he was there.

Of course he could have been there for any number of reasons so I'm not suggesting we are talking to him

Edited by Escobar PHM

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I know he has been at Riccarton recently (at least once in the last month). That's all I know but its 100% nailed on that he was there.

Who was? 

KyleLafferty
47 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

Haven’t you?

You really are a doughnut like, had a bad day? It’s like I’ve offended you or something? Do you fancy Darren? You want a tissue for those crocodile tears? Or do you want to decide what I post when I post for me? 

I posted what I heard, so shut your mouth.

14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I know he has been at Riccarton/Oriam recently (at least once in the last month). That's all I know but its 100% nailed on that he was there.

Of course he could have been there for any number of reasons so I'm not suggesting we are talking to him

The above is correct.

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The above is correct.

My pal said he was with another guy who he thinks was Roy Carroll (former Man United keeper) Roy Carroll is a mate of Austin MacPhee.

He's not sure on Carroll but it was defintely Fletcher. Its more than 2 weeks ago now I would think.

As I said. Could have been there for any number of non Hearts related reasons so I'm not claiming an ITK on him signing or anything like that.

Edited by Escobar PHM

22 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Darren Fletcher

Would be a cracking signing if by some miracle we could pull it of.

Also quite possible he's been doing his coaching badges at oriam.

Agentjambo
Just now, jambocub said:

Think the later is more likely 

Escobar PHM
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Yes, I should say that he was seen closer to Oriam ( the car park to be precise)  than he was to the Hearts facility. Still - Possible !

Just now, Agentjambo said:

The A  license was last week and I never spotted Fletcher whilst walking the dog.( Don cowie was taking there) was about 20 or more men and woman going through the drills

5 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I know a guy who was on that course and he only said Cowie was there I'm sure he would have brought up fletcher when he was talking about it 

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

The A  license was last week and I never spotted Fletcher whilst walking the dog.( Don cowie was taking there) was about 20 or more men and woman going through the drills

It wasn't last week. I think the week before last

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

My pal said he was with another guy who he thinks was Roy Carroll (former Man United keeper) Roy Carroll is a mate of Austin MacPhee.

He's not sure on Carroll but it was defintely Fletcher. Its more than 2 weeks ago now I would think.

As I said. Could have been there for any number of non Hearts related reasons so I'm not claiming an ITK on him signing or anything like that.

Interesting. Carroll would be good backup

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting. Carroll would be good backup

He's must be in his 40's by now ffs. :laugh:

Here to do his badges.

That I don’t know.

He’s contracted to Stoke and is happy to stay there.  Source: horses mouth,

40 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Unless we are tapping him up we would have to contact Stoke as he hasn’t left them. 

WoodenHertz
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He's must be in his 40's by now ffs. :laugh:

Here to do his badges.

He's 40. Although he is still playing, albeit for Linfield but playing nonetheless :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He’s contracted to Stoke and is happy to stay there.  Source: horses mouth,

Told he could leave stoke by the manager. I also think this is more of a coaching role. Austin has his own walking football business likely they were something to do with that.