Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jambo3tevie said:

A young lad who is trying to better himself in the game, most likely wont be here as a starter and is an under 21 international. He will be looking in at kickback to see what the fans think and it wont fill him with confidence for the future. We have some right ***** in our support.

Ooh, do you think he is looking in!

Hey Jake, you're not good enough for us, so stick to the Inverness bench.

That should do it. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's not a signing it's a rumour.  If we were going to take him think it would have been in last window.  Think OP is taking a flyer with thus.....

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why not wait until end of the transfer window and then see where we are? A think there will be quality signings to come 

Because then Levein gets grief for not doing the business sooner. The guy can't win!!

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You are too smart for this forum. 

lol, I have my moments.

Cheers big ears, although that could be an underhand comment, like being the best looking 40 year old in West Lothian or a hibs with the least addictive drug addiction!

Nookie Bear
45 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Shrewd bit of business from our commander in chief.

Beith who has no future leaving for nothing and no club willing to pay a fee, so instead of nothing, nada- we get a young player, compliments from none less than our own John.

A player that is of low risk, will be happy to be used as a sub, not cost much but gives us an option were we have been incredibly short lately.

Craig is just doing his stretches in the Transfer market atm,  can't wait until he starts his lunges and shuttle runs and really gets into the nitty gritty.

:clyay:

Belting optimism there.

But once he has persuaded Adao, Milinkovic, Naismith and Mitchell to sign on again, replaced McLaughlin and bought at least two decent midfielders....we can look back on these lame signings and have a jolly good laugh.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

https://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/John-Robertson-hopes-penny-has-finally-dropped-with-talented-Caley-Thistle-winger-Jake-Mulraney-20112017.htm

Insight here. Mixture of injuries and suspensions plus team on a great run have kept him out since. Plenty P & J articles on line I couldn't link

BobbyJenkins
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/John-Robertson-hopes-penny-has-finally-dropped-with-talented-Caley-Thistle-winger-Jake-Mulraney-20112017.htm

Insight here. Mixture of injuries and suspensions plus team on a great run have kept him out since. Plenty P & J articles on line I couldn't link

Hes shite n that’s that ok? Don’t give him a chance. Hearts are doomed, losers, probably relegated. 

sandylejambo

if we are counting the four Levein want to resign, then the two others we have lined up better be bloody good players, because that makes nine players , even with the four loanees we where not good enough, the three so far are not making me damp so I cant wait till Messi and Ronaldo roll up.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Originally a bit underwhelmed by this signing if true, as I've not really heard much about this guy. But then again I hadn't really heard much about Neil McCann or Colin Cameron when they were signed from the lower leagues either. Willing to give him a chance if he comes. 

Edit: Not sure if Dundee were in the same league when we signed McCann?? 

I think we had all heard of McCann as he had played in the top league before Jum Duffy ( with Hamilton and Weighorst in his team) got Dundee relegated. Cameron came when Raith were in the top league, they got relegated the season he left. They were also players who had played well in both leagues, not an injury prone troublesome bench warmer in a poor team.

Edited by Pasquale for King

26 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Because then Levein gets grief for not doing the business sooner. The guy can't win!!

The old JKB Levein zugzwang!

gashauskis9

Before folk write this lad off can I just point out that a young lad who was playing for Queens Park 5 years ago is currently strolling through a CL semi final.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Before folk write this lad off can I just point out that a young lad who was playing for Queens Park 5 years ago is currently strolling through a CL semi final.

Here here

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I blame a lot of it on Hibs for having the audacity to have a decent season for the first time in a feckin generation.

I think you could be right Jonno. ****ing *****

:fth:

Wondering if this is a bit of an opportunistic roll of the dice type signing, possibly with low financial risk.   Don't know anything about the lad but let's not pretend it's an exciting signing.  Like any other signing, he should get the chance to show what he can do before we write him off i.e. after his first mistake in his first appearance.

Independence
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Ah sorry. I'll get back to burying my head in the sand.

Oh please!!!! Or provide your solution with the finances we have taking into consideration coming out of admin, building a new impressive stand (long term sustainability) and the amount of glory hunters we appear to have? Waiting? 

12 minutes ago, Independence said:

Oh please!!!! Or provide your solution with the finances we have taking into consideration coming out of admin, building a new impressive stand (long term sustainability) and the amount of glory hunters we appear to have? Waiting? 

Think you misunderstood me post here bud. I don’t know the first thing about Mulraney and as I’ve said elsewhere  I’m saving my whelm meter for when ALL of our transfer business is done. Squad is way too thin and lacks pace and experience. Manager appears to be addressing it

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Colin Cameron was signed for £400,000! He was a star for Raith Rovers - a key part of the side who'd beaten Celtic to win the League Cup and taken the lead away to Bayern Munich. And they weren't a lower league side, they were 6th in the Premier. Neil McCann was a of a similar stature (not just height-wise) - albeit at more lowly Dundee.

Honestly cant remember what club was where when we signed them, was that long ago. But as the others have pointed out that they were well regarded at that time then I bow to their superior memories, as at that point in time I was probably more focussed on getting drunk every weekend. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Would hope for Polworth as well. Just scored the winner for Caley   :robbo:

Vigurs is leaving. Apparently playing out of his skin

37 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Mulraney came on tonight after 60 minutes.

Inverness won 

Still likely to miss out on play offs as Dunfermline just need draw at home to Dumbarton on Saturday. 

The_razors_edge
2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Shrewd bit of business from our commander in chief.

Beith who has no future leaving for nothing and no club willing to pay a fee, so instead of nothing, nada- we get a young player, compliments from none less than our own John.

A player that is of low risk, will be happy to be used as a sub, not cost much but gives us an option were we have been incredibly short lately.

Craig is just doing his stretches in the Transfer market atm,  can't wait until he starts his lunges and shuttle runs and really gets into the nitty gritty.

:clyay:

Generally speaking, a player who is ‘happy’ to be used as a sub shouldn’t be here. I don’t find that acceptable at all.

letsalldothebeattie

A player with plenty potential. Sad to see yet another signing being written off again. What are folk expecting? Ronaldo? Messi? Salah? 

4 hours ago, combo74 said:

What a bunch of whingers our fans have become. Literally no signing is good enough...

If this is effectively a swap then what is there to lose. Offload a guy who’s not going to make the breakthrough at Hearts and bring in a young guy with SPFL experience and appearances for Republic of Ireland at u21 level; sounds like an upgrade to me; unlikely to be a first team starter, but could be a more experienced option from the bench.

If we’re bringing in 8-10 players they are unlikely to all be ‘marquee’ or high profile signings! ?

Yeh what have we got to lose, I mean why not just sign a poster off of here,  probably play for free, nothing to lose.

We do lack pace and for his misgivings Levein has always had a decent signing record (as a manager), so maybe hes seen something.

Jury out but lets give him a chance eh!!

After The Watershed
34 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Would hope for Polworth as well. Just scored the winner for Caley   :robbo:

We should be trying to sign him. A good player, top of the assists league for the championship. A good link to forwards is what we are still missing. A player with potential and is proving himself unlike mulraney. A year left on his contract but ICT need money and robbo is having his wage budget cut again this year. 

As others have said we don't need another sub who can't get a start for ICT. I'm surprised by this move as we only offered £10k in January I'd heard. I took that as we weren't overly fussed about him. Another gamble signing it would seem. 

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Only if we offered Beith a contract worth at least what he was on from his lack of contract. I find it hard to believe we made that offer. Not seen anyone suggesting we had.

Ah yeah. Likelihood is if we had he might have stayed so probably right

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh what have we got to lose, I mean why not just sign a poster off of here,  probably play for free, nothing to lose.

we tried that, Osh never worked out.

Be silly to do it again.

I cant wait until I hear about an Overwhelming signing target. 

Sick of hearing about Underwhelming signing targets. 

Window shopping in Lidl’s again!!!

maroonsgotop
10 minutes ago, The Crack Fox said:

We should be trying to sign him. A good player, top of the assists league for the championship. A good link to forwards is what we are still missing. A player with potential and is proving himself unlike mulraney. A year left on his contract but ICT need money and robbo is having his wage budget cut again this year. 

As others have said we don't need another sub who can't get a start for ICT. I'm surprised by this move as we only offered £10k in January I'd heard. I took that as we weren't overly fussed about him. Another gamble signing it would seem. 

think we're fast becoming compulsive gamblers and we all know where that ends up:mellow: 

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Levein must see something Robbo doesn't because he's not playing regularly.

He won't be a regular starter no, the feeling is he never will be so what's the point? He's 22, we binned Billy King who has played more games and scored more goals.

John Souttar wasn't playing regularly either when we signed him. Not suggesting for a second Mulraney would be on par but at least needs to be given a chance.

For me it boosts the squad as a low risk option and someone who has potential, I'd expect us to secure Milinkovic or similar quality and Mulraney provide cover nothing more. But maybe Levein thinks he will develop into someone who can hold down a regular place.

Just because someone' s not good enough for Ormiston Primrose or ICT doesn't mean they're not good enough for us.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Signings of MacLean, Ikpeazu and potentially Mulraney now will have us flocking to renew. :mellow:

EDIT - He’s only played 44 mins in Inverness last 8 matches. :rofl: 

SteauaGieitarest :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe some of the happy clappers can explain the logic behind signing players not good enough for a mid table Championship team? Rather have 1 quality signing than 4 players that are not much above amateur level. 

I’m not a happy clapper but maybe a mid table Championship team can’t afford the luxury of an inexperienced winger....or play a formation that is hindering his prgiress? 

I sometimes think some posters on here have got themselves into such a state that they’d only be happy with signings that we just can’t afford and lose the plot every time on the ones we can.

Cruyff Turn

Can't see this happening, it wouldn't make any sense to waste another 50k a year on wages to another punt in the dark. 

We've got, Moore, McDonald, Morrison, Henderson, Amankwaa who can play on the wings

We need players like Milinkovic and better, with those guys as back up, I'm pretty sure CL would be thinking this as well. I'm not particularly fond of the idea but Templetons available for nowt and I think it's safe to say, a significantly better player. 

Nah, can't see anything in this rumour, even from the Compensation for Beith angle, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't stand in Beith or Robbo' s way. 

rick witter

My god yet another underwhelming signing if he signs that is. A guy who doesn’t play regularly for ICT. Next season is going to be great fun I think we are actually trying to make the bottom 6. 

siegementality
2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

think we're fast becoming compulsive gamblers and we all know where that ends up:mellow: 

When the fun stops................stop.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given Beith was a nomark in our current squad and this boy has something we lack - pace - he might have the potential to be an impact sub. Either way, I'd rather judge any new signing in a Hearts jersey first of all.

38 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given Beith was a nomark in our current squad and this boy has something we lack - pace - he might have the potential to be an impact sub. Either way, I'd rather judge any new signing in a Hearts jersey first of all.

exactly that

straight swop - a cm of which we have an abundance of options for a wg of which we don't have an abundance of options

it might have been the lowest priority in terms of the recruitment, doesn't mean that we haven't just dropped a bench filler for a player who can play a position that we need

you can judge at an early stage but we have more chance of getting the quality toward the end of the recruitment drive, rather than at the very beginning

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sensible post.

I doubt he'll be on much more than Beith was. Dead wood out for someone whom may just have something to contribute.

As expected, the usual drama queens have once again thrown a tantrum. 

Really hope that it's not too long before some first team players who are better than what we have start arriving.

buzzbomb1958

We are now seriously plumbing the depths of mediocrity ,our signing policy is a feckin joke , another gamble from Levein beginning to despair of this manager,oh and sammon is on his way back , absolutely ludicrous.We are being made to look like sevco supporters ,well stand for any shite that Hearts throw at us ,this needs to stop

21 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

Is Levein going off his head.

If its a straight swap for a squad player, ie, right back for winger both on same wages then why not. We've got plenty right backs. 

3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are now seriously plumbing the depths of mediocrity ,our signing policy is a feckin joke , another gamble from Levein beginning to despair of this manager,oh and sammon is on his way back , absolutely ludicrous.We are being made to look like sevco supporters ,well stand for any shite that Hearts throw at us ,this needs to stop

I'm with you.  I could scarcely be more underwhelmed.

They're pissing themselves on .naturalorder.

BobbyJenkins
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Absolutely correct.

Some of the comments on here are absolutely mental.  Give the lad a chance now children.

davemclaren
4 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Sammon us still our player so until we negotiate with him to leave or loan him out again he has to come back to us.