Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

We_are_the_Hearts

Signings been disappointing so far. Lets hope the big uns are harder to get the deal sealed.

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Signings been disappointing so far. Lets hope the big uns are harder to get the deal sealed.

So you know a lot about Olly Lee and the boy from Cambridge then?

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Can't say I do, can only go on the fact that neither Cambridge or Luton fans were too fussed to see them go. Also our "scouts" weren't overkeen on the Cambridge dude either but we signed him anyway. If we can sign Milinkovic, Naismith and pull a Charlie Adam type signing out the bag then I will be happier. Until then I will remain uninspired.

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Or Bobby Burns. 

Is there anything else happening Notts that you could shed light on? 

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can't say I do, can only go on the fact that neither Cambridge or Luton fans were too fussed to see them go. Also our "scouts" weren't overkeen on the Cambridge dude either but we signed him anyway. If we can sign Milinkovic, Naismith and pull a Charlie Adam type signing out the bag then I will be happier. Until then I will remain uninspired.

Nonsense. Lee is thought very highly of and was being looked at by a few English Championship teams.

The sentence about the Cambridge boy makes no sense at all.

Skinny and Naismith will be back next season in my opinion.

I suspect Adam won't be at Hearts and may even stay at Stoke.

Good luck to the lad, almost half way towards the 8/9 signings Levein mentioned and I'm getting a little worried.

I’ve got a radical idea.

How about we give him a chance before writing him off?

:wow:

Welcome to Hearts Jake.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I’ve got a radical idea.

Welcome to Hearts Jake.

Far too sensible Ian.

:getout:

King prawn
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’ve got a radical idea.

Welcome to Hearts Jake.

No I’m going to remain uninspired in the hope that these signings don’t work out and then I can return to this thread 12 months later and say “I told you so!”

Just now, King prawn said:

No I’m going to remain uninspired in the hope that these signings don’t work out and then I can return to this thread 12 months later and say “I told you so!”

That actually is a rather good (and inspired) option.

Good thinking. :clap:

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nonsense. Lee is thought very highly of and was being looked at by a few English Championship teams.

The sentence about the Cambridge boy makes no sense at all.

Skinny and Naismith will be back next season in my opinion.

I suspect Adam won't be at Hearts and may even stay at Stoke.

All opinions mate. Hope I'm wrong. As always I will give them a chance and go what I see with my own eyes. Just a gut feeling the now.

5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Remember the smug smiley when you do so :D

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Or Bobby Burns. 

Is there anything else happening Notts that you could shed light on? 

Bobby Burns and Olly Lee both come highly recommended.

Lee Wallace is a name worth looking out for. We were speaking to him before all the nonsense at Rangers.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Four in and none of them make me think we can get into that top 4. Hopefully more exciting players to come. 

William H. Bonney
38 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Four in and none of them make me think we can get into that top 4. Hopefully more exciting players to come. 

I haven't heard of any of the players we've signed. 

Judgment shall be passed when I see them kick a ball for hearts. 

Clerry Jambo
45 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Lee Wallace is a name worth looking out for. We were speaking to him before all the nonsense at Rangers.

To have Wallace & Demi covering left back would be tasty

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I am usually defensive of the club, but where I am at too. Nothing game changing about any of them. Craig Fowlers piece on Lee seems to suggest he is capable but doesn't always fancy it, hence why he has probably landed at Luton.

Out of the ones so far, the rough and tumble striker is my pick.

But wait and see, I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised. Got crucified last year for insisting Stockton was a very poor signing, these are better, but purely in my opinion, based on career paths to date, are a step up, but not significant enough for us to feel confident in the new season.

Its not that any are necessarily bad signings this time, I just feel they are not lifting the quality of the squad to the level of the 3 above us, probably good enough to catch Killie.

More to come I am sure, that will have me optimistic once more :)

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
55 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Wallace would be a good signing but I suspect money would be an issue.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Not an inspiring signing but also not one I'm losing any sleep over because I'd imagine it's low-risk in terms of financial outlay. He's still only 22 and we needed pace. Overall okay signing for me.

20 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

More likely Souttar-Berra-Wallace at the back with Demi-God wingbacks, which is similarly tasty, if not more so.

Buffon

Souttar Berra Wallace

Godinho Adao Cochrane Demi

Lee

Naisy Laffs

I'll take that all day long.  Djoum can come in for any of those midfielders too, hopefully still got Milinks and you just never know about Danny.  And we've got youngsters with a year under their belt like McDonald and Moore, there's Brandon to come back.  Then maybe Burns, Currie or Keena can have impact.  One of Uche or McLean could chip in, even with 5 or 6 goals, then we're looking good imo.  Also got the likes of Don, Smith, Callachan, who while not great are a good part of  a squad.  And then the possible wild card of Mulraney.

I'm not concerned about next season.  I'm really not.  I think we're shaping up OK.  A few ifs and buts up there but same for every club.  

Paul Shark
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Potential to be a decent player for us if Levein can get a level of consistency out of him. 

Welcome aboard Jake

Why do you think he could be potentially a good player for us ? 

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Not an inspiring signing but also not one I'm losing any sleep over because I'd imagine it's low-risk in terms of financial outlay. He's still only 22 and we needed pace. Overall okay signing for me.

It's always exciting to see an attacking player brought in. He's a good option for the squad, we've gone backwards on the flanks, even watching Billy King in the play off game I actually think he'd be a useful player again, and that's because we're poor in that area. Most clubs have 4 decent wingers and I'm not sure why we haven't done for a few years...

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Notts is there anything in the Darren Fletcher rumour - or is it as pie in the sky as it sounds?

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Notts is there anything in the Darren Fletcher rumour - or is it as pie in the sky as it sounds?

Not heard anything. Doesn't mean it ain't true though.

Clerry Jambo
53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

More likely Souttar-Berra-Wallace at the back with Demi-God wingbacks, which is similarly tasty, if not more so.

Buffon

Souttar Berra Wallace

Godinho Adao Cochrane Demi

Lee

Naisy Laffs

I'll take that all day long.  Djoum can come in for any of those midfielders too, hopefully still got Milinks and you just never know about Danny.  And we've got youngsters with a year under their belt like McDonald and Moore, there's Brandon to come back.  Then maybe Burns, Currie or Keena can have impact.  One of Uche or McLean could chip in, even with 5 or 6 goals, then we're looking good imo.  Also got the likes of Don, Smith, Callachan, who while not great are a good part of  a squad.  And then the possible wild card of Mulraney.

I'm not concerned about next season.  I'm really not.  I think we're shaping up OK.  A few ifs and buts up there but same for every club.  

I think the concern for me BigO will be if Naisy and Mitchell in particular don't come back. Will be hard to replace, although I 've always like Wallace and if we could get him, then not too bad

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's always exciting to see an attacking player brought in. He's a good option for the squad, we've gone backwards on the flanks, even watching Billy King in the play off game I actually think he'd be a useful player again, and that's because we're poor in that area. Most clubs have 4 decent wingers and I'm not sure why we haven't done for a few years...

Not sure most clubs have 4 decent wingers anymore. Have we ever had 4 good ones at the same time?

It looks on the face of it that wingers are out of vogue right now and that full backs and wing backs are where the width comes from. 

SectionDJambo

Seems to be an attitude of if it’s not a well known star player we are signing, he must be crap. And yet our rivals at the other end of town have signed plenty of such players, not exactly household names, and have overtaken us this season. 

Could we give these new guys a chance first, before heading down to Tynecastle with the torches and pitchforks?

Nookie Bear
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

Seems to be an attitude of if it’s not a well known star player we are signing, he must be crap. And yet our rivals at the other end of town have signed plenty of such players, not exactly household names, and have overtaken us this season. 

Could we give these new guys a chance first, before heading down to Tynecastle with the torches and pitchforks?

I think it is entirely fair to be sceptical about buying a player with a questionable attitude from the Championship suns bench. 

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

He'd be a good signing

The Old Tolbooth

I had a rangers fan say to me today that could get Lee Wallace for an  absolute song, and he says it's not right etc, I then reminded him that they got him for nothing from us as the *******s haven't paid us yet! 

He’s quick and Bobby Burns is supposedly quick so at least we’ll have a bit urgency going forward.

Whelm on “suitably” for this one

3fingersreid
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We'll see how he does. Remember Robbo saying in an interview that he asked him why he beat three players and then stopped, turned around and beat them again instead of crossing the ball, Jake apparently said, "where's the fun in that." 

Sounds like a young Bobby Prentice 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's very magnanimous of you.

I hadn't heard of Rudi Skaçel, Roman Bednar or a Michael Pospisil either.

Only time will tell.

I was thinking this the other day along with the number of strikers we’ve signed with good scoring records who have turned out to be pony for us. 

More than happy to wait and see with all of the signings cos you really never know

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Exactly.

The pattern I'm seeing is we're going for young talent. People have said for years we shouldn't just rely on our own academy. It's relatively low risk. Potential high rewards. 

Understand people want proven experience. Hopefully 2 or 3 new plus the loan guys coming back. 

Jerah Jambo
10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I  used to think sometimes if the groundsman had opened the gate Bobby would have been half way up Gorgie Road before he realised  !!

Soon as he pulls on the maroon he has my full support. 

He's got the full summer to prepare himself. He will see quite quickly from guys like Berra exactly what is required to meet the standards. 

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure most clubs have 4 decent wingers anymore. Have we ever had 4 good ones at the same time?

It looks on the face of it that wingers are out of vogue right now and that full backs and wing backs are where the width comes from. 

Wing backs and inside forwards, which I think is an exciting position. If I was manager I'd sign inside forwards or convert wingers, as I think a major problem with wing backs is defensively. Good post :thumbsup:

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Not heard anything. Doesn't mean it ain't true though.

No probs. Think it’s pie in the sky myself.

Good squad addition and brings in much vaunted pace that everybody is screaming for also knows the Scottish league's. 

It really is make or break with Jake and his career. If he doesn't knuckle down and work on his consistency then he won't get w chance like this again 

I really hope he proves the doubters wrong AND steers clear of injuries 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Jerah Jambo said:

I  used to think sometimes if the groundsman had opened the gate Bobby would have been half way up Gorgie Road before he realised  !!

Theres a clip of “bobby oh bobby prentice oh bobby prentice on the wing “ on you tube ( might be the 4-1 game against hibs at Tynecastle ?) where he goes past players like they’re not there . 

Also remember him scoring against hibs at easter rd in what I think was the last hame played before segregation was introduced (at least I think it was him ) lots of trouble that game. 

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Theres a clip of “bobby oh bobby prentice oh bobby prentice on the wing “ on you tube ( might be the 4-1 game against hibs at Tynecastle ?) where he goes past players like they’re not there . 

Also remember him scoring against hibs at easter rd in what I think was the last hame played before segregation was introduced (at least I think it was him ) lots of trouble that game. 

He was some winger.

Head thrown back, nose in the air and beating the same defenders twice or thrice in one mazy run. My favourite in that team only second to Busby.

:notworthy:

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Would love to see this. 

I dont know any more about Jake than what ive read here but a quick young winger in a swap deal on these terms can't be a baf move with practically no risk.