Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

Somebody has to sit on the bench. 

If all our best U20s are playing, then we need to put bad U20s, U17s or new signings on the bench. 

Signing a young lad who we might be able to develop doesn’t seem the worst thing in the world given the above. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Swapping a midfielder who hasn't played for the first team due to injuries with a promising young winger with pace?

I'm good with it.

gashauskis9

Losing our shit over three squad player signings before the season ends.  This place is hilarious, if we hadn’t made any signings this place would be in uproar as well.  Can’t ****ing win.

Did it ever dawn on folk that to sign the marquee first team players it may take a bit more time and negotiation?

The way I see it we have made 3 low risk signings that may not define our season but have the potential to surprise us as well.

Edited by Gashauskis9

gashauskis9
21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Swapping a midfielder who hasn't played for the first team due to injuries with a promising young winger with pace?

I'm good with it.

This boy gets it ?

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, CMc said:

Somebody has to sit on the bench. 

If all our best U20s are playing, then we need to put bad U20s, U17s or new signings on the bench. 

Signing a young lad who we might be able to develop doesn’t seem the worst thing in the world given the above. 

We have Hughes, Cowie, Martin, McLean, Uche and Sammon to go on the bench (at the last count)

Alex Kintner

If we sign him he’ll get the benefit of the doubt and my full support. If nobody ever took a gamble on a player some of the biggest bargains in football would never have happened. 

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Losing our shit over three squad player signings before the season ends.  This place is hilarious, if we hadn’t made any signings this place would be in uproar as well.  Can’t ****ing win.

Did it ever dawn on folk that to sign the marquee first team players it may take a bit more time and negotiation?

The way I see it we have made 3 low risk signings that may not define our season but have the potential to surprise us as well.

Spot on. The only sound drowning out the gnashing of teeth is the sloshing of drenched underwear.

32 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Think you’re on the wrong forum. Far too sensible a post

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm with you.  I could scarcely be more underwhelmed.

They're pissing themselves on .naturalorder.

To be fair we pissed ourselves the first time we saw Bartley playing....

16 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

i will need to see him play before i make any decisions on him.

Sounds a bit sensible to me

The Treasurer
45 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Exactly.

None of the those we have signed will be expected to make the same impact or contribution the likes of Berra has made this season, but none of them will be exactly breaking the budget either.

So Make Some Noise..

Ahhhh classic kickback, hearts sign 22 year old who isn't up to the knuckle draggers standards (most of whom won't have set eyes on the lad).  :gok:

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm with you.  I could scarcely be more underwhelmed.

They're pissing themselves on .naturalorder.

Who cares?

Stop reading that pish. You’re a grown man who follows Hearts. Seriously, get a grip.

sandylejambo

Levein told us 9 players, if we count the four he hopes to resign, the three reported, that leaves two to help our midfield and goalkeeping, is it a wonder people are not too impressed?  We all think midfield and goalie were the most urgent, not from where I'm sitting, that only leaves one for each of our least covered areas 

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Levein told us 9 players, if we count the four he hopes to resign, the three reported, that leaves two to help our midfield and goalkeeping, is it a wonder people are not too impressed?  We all think midfield and goalie were the most urgent, not from where I'm sitting, that only leaves one for each of our least covered areas 

Levein always understates how many players will come in. It’s happened for the past 4 summers.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Has this been confirmed or at least suggested by anyone with any clout ?

That depends on your opinion of Barry Anderson. 

14 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe some of the happy clappers can explain the logic behind signing players not good enough for a mid table Championship team? Rather have 1 quality signing than 4 players that are not much above amateur level. 

And maybe the roasters can explain how they are such experts on players they know very little or nothing about.  

Immediate thoughts are slightly on the negative side of neutral, but if he’s starting for Republic of Ireland Under 21’s then he must have something about him.

Will judge if/when he arrives.

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Immediate thoughts are slightly on the negative side of neutral, but if he’s starting for Republic of Ireland Under 21’s then he must have something about him.

Will judge if/when he arrives.

I just had a look at the Republic's u21s and i can't say i'm coveting too many of them tbh

If true then it's a bit of a no lose situation, might add a bit of balance to the squad, might not add anything but won't break the bank or really affect other signings coming in.

I would be worried, if he is one of the nine along with the 4 on loan and the 2 we have brought in, that our squad is no better than last year.

I will wait until i see him play pish  before i say he is pish.

Should be round about the league cup games at a guess.

KyleLafferty

If you are fast and direct in Scotland you will have more success and failures. I present to you Martin Boyle, by no means the greatest of players in fact, his technical ability isn’t that great, but his pace and directness is crucial to how that lot plays. He get 4 or 5 chances to do something per game and something always comes off. Hearts need lighting pace on the wing and someone to be direct. Let’s hope he can be the guy.

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If you are fast and direct in Scotland you will have more success and failures. I present to you Martin Boyle, by no means the greatest of players in fact, his technical ability isn’t that great, but his pace and directness is crucial to how that lot plays. He get 4 or 5 chances to do something per game and something always comes off. Hearts need lighting pace on the wing and someone to be direct. Let’s hope he can be the guy.

It’s okay having lighting pace but if you can’t take the ball with you then all have is lightning pace. 

Seen him play a few times and he's got genuine pace.  Not got that much beyond that, but a tidy enough player and would make a good addition to the squad.  Certainly preferable to bring him on with twenty minutes to go than a 16 year old kid still learning his trade.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have Hughes, Cowie, Martin, McLean, Uche and Sammon to go on the bench (at the last count)

None of which play the same position as Mulraney.

If Robbo released a statement saying this guy has some potential, then I would be cool with it.  For someone who was with QPR, I am pretty sure Inverness has come as a bit of a culture shock and a move back to a major city may inspire him to greater things

Not writing this off just yet

Edited by BelgeJambo

heartsfc_fan

As it's already been mentioned we're swapping him with Angus Beith who has only played 2 games for us and has no future here. Good deal in my book.

Mulraney will probably play 15-20 games for us next season mainly off the bench. He's got pace which we're missing.

the fact that the Caley Thistle fans think hes poor has me wondering why we are even bothering? there is definitely better available elsewhere.

Getting tired of the "what have we got to lose argument." What have we got to gain? If we are signing players from the championship they should be that teams best player. A standout that their fans are gutted to see go. Not another loose cannon who has potential but lacks the whatever to use it. Yes we should wait and see before judging but if he has not turned it on at ICT what is gonna be different here in a tougher league . Aberdeen and hibs have been signing guys who are one the best at their club eg McGinn, McLean or not quite made it at a bigger club eg,McGeoch. For a guy who doesnt gamble much in games Levein seems to like to gamble with transfers. We need sure things with players right now not if buts and maybes.

17 minutes ago, Dinger said:

the fact that the Caley Thistle fans think hes poor has me wondering why we are even bothering? there is definitely better available elsewhere.

Lots of players move to bigger clubs and make a success of such a move even though they didn't look like world beaters at the previous club. 

His new club might play a preferred style. 

Better fitness training.

The players own desire to make it driving them forward. 

Another season gone and another year older the experience they take into the next season makes them a better player.

Most of all sometimes a move is just right. Everything fits and the player feels completely at home.

Nookie Bear

As underwhelmed as i am, if it comes before the signings (loan or otherwise) of Adao, Mitchell, Naismith, Milinkovic, a decent keeper and at least 2 quality midfielders...then he does represent a potentially decent and cheap option off the bench.

Difficult to understand the process right now, but hopefully the above will be in place for the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Lots of players move to bigger clubs and make a success of such a move even though they didn't look like world beaters at the previous club. 

His new club might play a preferred style. 

Better fitness training.

The players own desire to make it driving them forward. 

Another season gone and another year older the experience they take into the next season makes them a better player.

Most of all sometimes a move is just right. Everything fits and the player feels completely at home.

You can understand why some posters are underwhelmed if this is one our nine new players. Who was the last lower division player to go on to be a success with us?  Since admin, I can't think off any who have made the step up.  Nowhere near good enough this signing. 

Better or worse than billy king who played in the same position in the same league for the same team at the same time?? Genuine question not a dig for us letting king go.

Edited by jambopilms

Maybe we're allocating 90% of our budget on trying to sign Naismith up and with the 10% left this is the sort of bargain basket player we will be able to afford.

37 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Getting tired of the "what have we got to lose argument." What have we got to gain? If we are signing players from the championship they should be that teams best player. A standout that their fans are gutted to see go. Not another loose cannon who has potential but lacks the whatever to use it. Yes we should wait and see before judging but if he has not turned it on at ICT what is gonna be different here in a tougher league . Aberdeen and hibs have been signing guys who are one the best at their club eg McGinn, McLean or not quite made it at a bigger club eg,McGeoch. For a guy who doesnt gamble much in games Levein seems to like to gamble with transfers. We need sure things with players right now not if buts and maybes.

Well said mate

1 hour ago, hisnameis said:

You might be right but we need money to do it.

And there is no such thing as a "sure thing" when you sign a player. 

Martin Boyle is a good impact player for the wee team and he hadn't exactly set the heather alight before them.  Let's just wait and see firstly if we even sign him and then how he does before decrying the lad.

17 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

seriously if Naismith and Adao and Mitchell and Milinkovic all sing  - they are all effectively new players next season.

How exactly?  We had those 4 this season, and we were still utterly honking more often than not.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This will increase his popularity with some. Apparently some of the young Inverness contingent sing Jake Mulraney hates the Queen and he is very patriotic shall we say

Why did we get rid of Sam Nicholson and Billy King again?  We’ve pretty much been invisible down the wings since they left. 

2 players who are better than Mulraney :laugh: Hearts love making things more difficult for themselves eh?

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You might be right but we need money to do it.

And there is no such thing as a "sure thing" when you sign a player. 

Martin Boyle is a good impact player for the wee team and he hadn't exactly set the heather alight before them.  Let's just wait and see firstly if we even sign him and then how he does before decrying the lad.

I cited Aberdeen and Hibs because they have similar budgets to our own. You're right maybe you cant get a sure thing from a lower league but you can get someone who has proven they are better than that level, I am not sure he has proven anything yet.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Why did we get rid of Sam Nicholson and Billy King again?  We’ve pretty much been invisible down the wings since they left. 

2 players who are better than Mulraney :laugh: Hearts love making things more difficult for themselves eh?

2 players who get better the longer they've been away!!

I really can’t see a problem with this.  Swapping one player for another at the same age, one that might get in our team at some stage for one that’s been judged not good enough.  I really can’t see an issue here.  He might be good might be shite if shite he will end up same way as Angus, released. 

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Billy King has better records this season than Jake Mulraney. 

Billy king or Sam Nicholson were never great players but they were better than the shite we’re linked with.  Their level of ability is pretty irrelevant too, we got rid of them when they were near the top of the pecking order and never replaced them leaving us having to sign worse players like Mulraney. 

How does Mulraney deal with getting the ball blootered at him by his CB all game?

Edited by Morph

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Funnily enough, i caught an MSL game last week where Sam came on as sub and the commentators were raving about him. He certainly looked lively and creative.

Remember, we have lost Walker in that time as well.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Funnily enough, i caught an MSL game last week where Sam came on as sub and the commentators were raving about him. He certainly looked lively and creative.

Remember, we have lost Walker in that time as well.

I watched the same game. Sam was direct but created little in a shite league with a few star players.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The general lack of understanding of football on this site is staggering.

Indeed.  Some don't seem to get that if you sign a pile of shite, you're team will end up being a bit shite.