***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Calling Henderson a striker is like calling Cole Stockton a striker.

looking that way

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Archie White said:

We lack a Manager with positive thinking which CAN make up for player deficiencies. Performing well is almost 100% confidence.

And he was putting doubts in our players and fans minds before the game talking about a backlash from Rangers after the Celtic fiasco. Hearts should have a manager who instills confidence with positive thnking not negative. After the Aberdeen game we should of been on a high and went for the win right from the kick-off.

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Sure he's not got amnesia and has forgotten how to play football.

Should have told him he was Messi then, or Pele as John Lambie once said.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, part_time_jambo said:

Should have told him he was Messi then, or Pele as John Lambie once said.

:laugh: well done, indeed.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

And he was putting doubts in our players and fans minds before the game talking about a backlash from Rangers after the Celtic fiasco. Hearts should have a manager who instills confidence with positive thnking not negative. After the Aberdeen game we should of been on a high and went for the win right from the kick-off.

Correct. 

Before the game he was on TV saying we were going to frustrate Rangers and their supporters. He tends to forget that he frustrates his own support at the same time. He should apologise to every single person who mage the journey. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Rangers fans bricking it after last week. Dreading their next game. Oh wait.... If there's anyone you want to play when your struggling !

As I was coming out the ground I bumped into a Rangers fan, and he said thank you for today. He added I have a lot of sympathy for someone who is willing to travel and watch rubbish like that, we have the worst Rangers team, playing its poorest in a long time and Hearts made us look half decent today.

It was timid, at times awful, display. From minute one it was clear we had gone there with no intention of looknig to win the game. We had one chance on target and scored from it, and that was all worth recalling about today.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I like Levein and he will always have a place at Hearts in my eyes. 

BUT he won't have anywhere to hide after the summer window. He's got the "it's not his team" excuse just now but that's all he's got left. 

I hope he brings in the players he needs but if we don't improve dramatically and start having a go at teams away from home.... He's done for. 

Agree 100%

35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You should be as Levein is gambling with his signings. We don't want to go through another season like this one or the one before. We don't want players signed that are useless and we are stuck with them on 2-3 year contracts. We need players that i'm afraid Levein might not get the best out of because his tactics are boring and at times clueless.

It's the market we are having to operate in at the moment. When you sign players on a free transfer or loan then you're going to have to take a gamble. Some might work out and some might not. If you look at the signings that have worked out well then we've been doing okay considering.

J.T.F.Robertson
16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Does anyone think levein spent all week practicing giving away possession?

Adao certainly must have. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why have managers at all then?

Johnny Two Pies

Adao didn't look fit when he came on today, and didn't up at Dens a couple of weeks back either. Today was a day to go to Ibrox, press them and have a go. We had 7 of the team that started in the 4-0 win against Celtic available, plus Naismith and Souttar. We might have lost anyway, but at least we could have seen the team get on the front foot in an away game and give it a go. Just not in Levein's DNA though, the way he sets a team out to play away is brutal.

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

£28 I paid today to see us play like that. 

I’m just fed up paying all this money to follow Hearts and be shortchanged every time I do. 

You weren’t the only one . Was also there and stayed till the end. A few walked out at 2-0. I keep finding excuses to go home and away but fast running out now. Won’t be at Aberdeen. My happiness with Hearts on the road is slowly becoming eroded with negative performances like I’ve just witnessed. Scummy sevco support jumping around like they actually achieved something today when in truth we would’ve lost to Linlithgow Rose away. Utter garbage and thankfully my last away game this season!

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Rangers have lost 7 times at Ibrox this season including Hamilton and St Johnstone.  Thankfully other clubs and managers don't subscribe and conform to "natural order" 

Well said Spencer ??

25 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

Adao didn't look fit when he came on today, and didn't up at Dens a couple of weeks back either. Today was a day to go to Ibrox, press them and have a go. We had 7 of the team that started in the 4-0 win against Celtic available, plus Naismith and Souttar. We might have lost anyway, but at least we could have seen the team get on the front foot in an away game and give it a go. Just not in Levein's DNA though, the way he sets a team out to play away is brutal.

So much for players missing, out of position, lack of creativity, blah, blah. 

49 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

As I was coming out the ground I bumped into a Rangers fan, and he said thank you for today. He added I have a lot of sympathy for someone who is willing to travel and watch rubbish like that, we have the worst Rangers team, playing its poorest in a long time and Hearts made us look half decent today.

It was timid, at times awful, display. From minute one it was clear we had gone there with no intention of looknig to win the game. We had one chance on target and scored from it, and that was all worth recalling about today.

Well done for going - and a great post.

Agree with you 100%. This is not good enough and it has to end

54 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Says it all really. I know we are poor in midfield and it’s difficult to impose yourself on the game with limited players but it’s mind boggling why we look a completely different team home and away. And , If we get effort I’m usually fine with defeats. Today however felt awful watching the match.An  Embarrassing performance. I hope the manager can acknowledge that 

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

Correct. 

Before the game he was on TV saying we were going to frustrate Rangers and their supporters. He tends to forget that he frustrates his own support at the same time. He should apologise to every single person who mage the journey. 

He's an older version of Cathro (maybe that's why Levein liked him) - utterly convinced of his own abilities.  Even though results say otherwise. In football terms he's a coward : rather not lose than have a go at winning. 

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Any comments yet from the manager? 

Not heard yet but will be as predictable as that performance today: "Lafferty hits the post at 1-2, if that goes in the whole complexion of the game changes....". 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

He's an older version of Cathro (maybe that's why Levein liked him) - utterly convinced of his own abilities.  Even though results say otherwise. In football terms he's a coward : rather not lose than have a go at winning. 

He's in full-on justify his own position/protect his legacy mode now. Not talking any risks for Hearts because he doesn't want to look like a has-been. 

All Out Attack
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not heard yet but will be as predictable as that performance today: "Lafferty hits the post at 1-2, if that goes in the whole complexion of the game changes....". 

That's the simple reality isn't it. If we had a manager with some balls, that game was easily winnable today even with the players we had out. 

Levein bottles it again, then brings on some kids who are miles away from the first team, to try and deflect criticism and pretend he is moving the club forward. What a shambles.

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

By far the best post I've read on today's fiasco. Chapeau - and sorry you had to endure that apology for a performance. 

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Something about giving the ball away too easily according to BBC site. I only glimpsed at it, but that's the gist of it.

More fantasy from levein -

Manager Craig Levein emphasised the need for good possession prior to kick off and was frustrated by the number of times the ball was given away.

"I thought we could have won the game today," he said.

"I didn't feel Rangers were at their best. We assisted them on many occasions by coughing up possession of the ball too easily."

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Apparently he only attends training a couple of days a week. The rest of the time his team of under qualified lackeys run the ship. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Based on that performance I honestly couldn’t tell you what they do at training. Or even if they train. 

Royally pisses me off reading this. Guys like you deserve so much better from our club. The entire fanbase deserves so much better than we are getting especially when you consider the exceptional and historic financial backing and support that has been provided to the club despite the dreadful way we have been run behind the scenes. Any notion that Levein is the man in 2018 to lift Hearts and get us playing in a manner that excites and brings a feel good factor to the footballing side of the club is based on completely unfounded optimism. He is yesterday's man, has achieved nothing in the game for years (and even then nothing of particular note and certainly no trophies) and is now at best a divisive figure and at worst a negative presence within our club. There is no doubt that each time we fail (very predictably) like today more and more long standing Hearts fans lose further faith and that any benefit of the doubt is being eroded away. Of course we still have those who are simply blind to all the evidence, people predicting we'd win 3-0 at Ibrox with this guy in charge ffs, I mean really you can only shake your head but they'll see the error of their thinking eventually.

rick witter
14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Apparently he only attends training a couple of days a week. The rest of the time his team of under qualified lackeys run the ship. 

His band of merry men what an absolute disgraceful way to run a football club. You would think after the season we have had he would maybe change things 

TyphoonJambo
26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Manager Craig Levein emphasised the need for good possession prior to kick off and was frustrated by the number of times the ball was given away.

"I didn't feel Rangers were at their best. We assisted them on many occasions by coughing up possession of the ball too easily."

Craig, if your reading this, and I am a fan of yours, that today was totally unacceptable. No guts no fight, no imagination, nor the ability to string two passes together, all set up for a draw when a point means nothing. Bloody embarrassed to be a Jambo after that.display today. Simply not good enough.

38 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Actually he's not wrong. Having frustrated Rangers in the first half all we needed to do was do the same for the first ten minutes of the second half and they would have folded. Instead the players gave them an easy first goal and only decided to start playing after we went two down. Too many out on the pitch today did not do their jobs at all. One or two were posted missing the entire time they were out there. The mindset needs to change.

22 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Royally pisses me off reading this. Guys like you deserve so much better from our club. The entire fanbase deserves so much better than we are getting especially when you consider the exceptional and historic financial backing and support that has been provided to the club despite the dreadful way we have been run behind the scenes. Any notion that Levein is the man in 2018 to lift Hearts and get us playing in a manner that excites and brings a feel good factor to the footballing side of the club is based on completely unfounded optimism. He is yesterday's man, has achieved nothing in the game for years (and even then nothing of particular note and certainly no trophies) and is now at best a divisive figure and at worst a negative presence within our club. There is no doubt that each time we fail (very predictably) like today more and more long standing Hearts fans lose further faith and that any benefit of the doubt is being eroded away. Of course we still have those who are simply blind to all the evidence, people predicting we'd win 3-0 at Ibrox with this guy in charge ffs, I mean really you can only shake your head but they'll see the error of their thinking eventually.

Good post, I think there are a few who are now smelling the coffee.

3 hours ago, Archie White said:

Sorry I cannot agree with you. It is a well known fact that if the league started when Clarke took over his team would be 2nd to Celtic. Kilmarnock go out with a mindset to win. Positive thinking. That makes up for many deficiencies. 

Kilmarnock are very well drilled very organised but they are not a footballing team per say. They have a few key differences to us. A settled team and no key injuries  confidence bred from their run and most importantly a better level of fitness than we have or have had all season. They do not play positive football they play a very attritional game and do all the basics well. Its allowed players like broadfoot and boys to flourish again. 

They play a similar style of game to us but do it better

See all the banners they revealed today? They could have been held up in the away end aswell. We have a nice new stand. Brilliant. Cheers. 

rick witter
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Fair enough if you didn't actually watch the games that make a mockery of your point.  Probably best not to try and make an argument based on a false assumption though. Would also say that Smith's performance at Fester was a positive but that is only IMO.

And you are probably right, I shouldn't really need to call out shite when I hear it. Others can see it for themselves without me stating the obvious.

Smith was good today mate eh??? 

What a joke performance. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Craig, if your reading this, and I am a fan of yours, that today was totally unacceptable. No guts no fight, no imagination, nor the ability to string two passes together, all set up for a draw when a point means nothing. Bloody embarrassed to be a Jambo after that.display today. Simply not good enough.

Spot on 

we had nothing to gain from taking a point yet 7 of our 11 players were defenders what a joke 

rick witter
41 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

See all the banners they revealed today? They could have been held up in the away end aswell. We have a nice new stand. Brilliant. Cheers. 

We need to do the same no doubt about it. We should get it sorted for the Celtic game 

5 hours ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

How did we manage to beat Aberdeen 2-0? Just a fluke?

Nobody is expecting us to just go and win at Ibrox. We expect the team to go and have a go though. 

Belief at home sees us often transcend our limitations, whereas lack of belief away from home makes us even worse than we actually are. Alongside CL's safety first approach often turning us into 3 lines of statues inviting pressure on ourselves by sitting on the fecking 18 yard line. 

Surely a decent sports psychologist could take that siege mentality at home, and forge it into something we can take on the road. 

I predicted we would win 3-0 because I thought we would play with a nothing to lose attitude against an opponent in turmoil.  Turns out Craig Levein made a fool of me by opting for a frustration tactic.  I expect no-one was more frustrated than his own players.

Or maybe he just wanted to do Hibs no favours.  If that's the case, say it Craig.  That will give us all a lift and a good laugh.

Natural order.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

:rofl:

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

Takes arseholery to a new level

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I always enjoy your posts, PJ, and hats off for going through there. 

As someone else stated, today was a free hit, and it's disappointing, but not surprising to read your post. 

Massive summer ahead for Levein and Budge on the recruitment front. 

Get it wrong and this will seem like a children's tea party compared to what could occur if it goes tits up.

Let's see what transpires over the summer.

We need to start the new season, i.e. from the very first game in the League Cup section element, at a much higher level, and with a different approach to the games. I genuinely believe we, the fans, have been very patient over the last 4 years, and we should be seeing something to suggest that onfield things can now be put right, 5 years is long enough to wait, in my opinion. From what I've read online I believe the intention is to bring in around 9 new players, they have to be the sort of players who can get us competing, both home and away, almost instantly, the time for experiments is over. While I'm willing to give Levein a chance I do think patience will wear thin quickly next season if the style of play from outset suggest we are going to continue hoping to draw games, especially away from home, rather than going out with the intent to win football matches. There is another thread on here that I was reading through before I left for the game this morning, about Celtic destroying the league, in fact football in general. There were words in the video from a Dundee fan which I found almost spot on. Celtic are doing what any football club should be doing, looknig to win things. The other clubs are then happy to sit in and look for lower league placings. What we need from those other clubs, including us, is a change of attitude to the way games are approached.

47 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Arseholery has to be my new favourite word/saying, up there with "Sundry pishflappery" which sadly is a fairly accurate description of us these days :pimp2: 

We need to start the new season, i.e. from the very first game in the League Cup section element, at a much higher level, and with a different approach to the games. I genuinely believe we, the fans, have been very patient over the last 4 years, and we should be seeing something to suggest that onfield things can now be put right, 5 years is long enough to wait, in my opinion. From what I've read online I believe the intention is to bring in around 9 new players, they have to be the sort of players who can get us competing, both home and away, almost instantly, the time for experiments is over. While I'm willing to give Levein a chance I do think patience will wear thin quickly next season if the style of play from outset suggest we are going to continue hoping to draw games, especially away from home, rather than going out with the intent to win football matches. There is another thread on here that I was reading through before I left for the game this morning, about Celtic destroying the league, in fact football in general. There were words in the video from a Dundee fan which I found almost spot on. Celtic are doing what any football club should be doing, looknig to win things. The other clubs are then happy to sit in and look for lower league placings. What we need from those other clubs, including us, is a change of attitude to the way games are approached.

100%?

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Melodramatic, I'll give you that, but the chap makes his point well ?

Jambo 4 Ever

Was sitting behind some knobs in our support  today ...

one weirdo started singing about Halliday when he came on for some reason.

he was sitting in row C I think

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Was sitting behind some knobs in our support  today ...

one weirdo started singing about Halliday when he came on for some reason.

he was sitting in row C I think

Cool story?

It took us over a minute to touch the ball today from kick off. I knew then how it would pan out. No pressing, no desire and zero hunger. Dire dire dire. Oh goody our next game is away too. Woop woop.

59 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It took us over a minute to touch the ball today from kick off. I knew then how it would pan out. No pressing, no desire and zero hunger. Dire dire dire. Oh goody our next game is away too. Woop woop.

Sorry but any adult that Says woop woop deserves slapped!!

Archived