***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Shit performance all round.

No drive.

No passion.

No skill at all.

Very much looked like a group of players that are tired with nothing left to play for.

Can't just blame Levein for today because no-one on the pitch helped him.

Just looking forward to finishing this season and getting a squad together that can do something next year

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We are talking about Hearts, not the vermin. They've had success, quite frankly, because they have a better team than us at present.

Our approach to games like today is an absolute disgrace 

Look at the Hearts travelling support today and Gorgie Live being pulled. Supporter engagement is being compromised 

His approach is atrocious 

I thought the performance was really encouraging, we had them on the back foot for quite a large part of the game. With a good pre season under our belts and some cracking signings during the summer, I really honestly think Levein could steer us to 7th place next season.

11 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Nothing will change. That performance with different personnel will be served up next season with unrelenting regularity.  

If anyone thinks Levein will turn things around they are highly deluded 

Correct.

Those that are 'sitting on the fence' about Levein just now in the hope that he changes his style next season, will soon shift to a side of the fence when it becomes obvious after a couple of away league games that Levein aint for changing his ways and we will be in the situation like this season .... writing it off and looking for a new manager before the window closes.

Just now, Greedy_Jambo said:

It's only like groundhog day on here because it's like groundhog day at Hearts. 

Until things change, you can expect the same arguments. It's quite simple really. 

Not for Tosh though. Tosh attributes all of our woes to Cathro 

I shit you not 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

It's only like groundhog day on here because it's like groundhog day at Hearts. 

Until things change, you can expect the same arguments. It's quite simple really. 

can't change things until the summer  tho... that's my point!

ford donald
10 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

I’m totally sick of negative tactics against one of the worst rangers teams we will face!!! Have a go ffs!!

This man is not for turning,thats for sure.Great opportunity today to show us some attacking football,mindboggling.

You would think that levien’s plan was to tell everyone to play the ball straight to a rangers player. If so, they all, to a man, followed that instruction. I have never seen our goalie make so many mistakes and a good team would have taken 6 off us. This was a text book display of incompetence and not by the manager although his set up with what he had available was try not to lose and he’s not the first manager of hearts to do that. The players on the park were the ones who shit it.

kinlossjambo
1 minute ago, ford donald said:

This man is not for turning,thats for sure.Great opportunity today to show us some attacking football,mindboggling.

Who exactly will provide any attacking change from the current squad !! 

4 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Shit performance all round.

No drive.

No passion.

No skill at all.

Very much looked like a group of players that are tired with nothing left to play for.

Can't just blame Levein for today because no-one on the pitch helped him.

Just looking forward to finishing this season and getting a squad together that can do something next year

What does that tell you then....the players have not helped Levein on the pitch in 95% of away games this season.

Body language of the players tells you they hate it.

Just now, Tatlock said:

You would think that levien’s plan was to tell everyone to play the ball straight to a rangers player. If so, they all, to a man, followed that instruction. I have never seen our goalie make so many mistakes and a good team would have taken 6 off us. This was a text book display of incompetence and not by the manager although his set up with what he had available was try not to lose and he’s not the first manager of hearts to do that. The players on the park were the ones who shit it.

If your last line is the case then it’s Leveins responsibility to address that and deal with it.

If he doesn’t, then he’s rightly questioned. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Our approach to games like today is an absolute disgrace 

Look at the Hearts travelling support today and Gorgie Live being pulled. Supporter engagement is being compromised 

His approach is atrocious 

I actually thought we were well set up and didn't look in any trouble at all first half.

Second half, Hughes commits a clanger, our defence is all over the shop and we are 1 down. THEN, I'm on board that Levein didn't change things. He left Moore to flounder, didn't change to a back 4 and didn't change the tactics. That's where I am critical. People moaning about the first half should ask themselves who was going to win possession for us to allow us to have a crack at them. That's not Smith's game and Cowie runs about. Plus Godinho was our outlet ball and he was terrible.

Greedy_Jambo
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

can't change things until the summer  tho... that's my point!

Yeah, I edited my post. 

I don't see why things can't change right now. 

The team wasn't set up to have a go today. 

You seen a difference when we had to go all out. 

9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

By get away with do you mean they aren’t calling for him to be sacked?? I think everyone would agree it’s been a poor season and expect better next but the fundamental difference being the classic sack the Manager call rather than let’s see how it goes next season.

What have you seen that makes you think next season will be different?

Nothing to lose today and we still play the same way.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Yeah, I edited my post. 

What team would you have picked to "have a go" precisely?

We were hardly imbued with game changers on the bench.

Just now, Gambo said:

Correct.

Those that are 'sitting on the fence' about Levein just now in the hope that he changes his style next season, will soon shift to a side of the fence when it becomes obvious after a couple of away league games that Levein aint for changing his ways and we will be in the situation like this season .... writing it off and looking for a new manager before the window closes.

Nothing will change next season. Murray will identify another pile of shite for Levein to bring in. 

I would love to know what Laff and Naismith truly think about playing in a side who approaches a game at Ibrox like that. Maybe they are happy just to go through the motions 

Hearts are at a fairly crucial juncture with an incredibly loyal support. If this is to be as good as it gets then it's obvious that support levels could decline 

That today is ****ing scandalous 

Phil Dunphy

£28 I paid today to see us play like that. 

I’m just fed up paying all this money to follow Hearts and be shortchanged every time I do. 

LochcarronJambo

Whatever people think of Hibs, they would have gone to Ibrox BELIEVING they were going to win & to attack, Its hard to believe we  cannot even put a fight up away from home, gutted 

:rofl: at people predicting a Craig Levein Hearts team to win in Glasgow, some predicting 3-0 ffs!!!  Some are seriously kidding themselves on. The guy is a complete loser and is taking us absolutely nowhere.  Completely delusional if you think things will improve under him. As a comparison Lennon’s team has won twice at Ibrox this season....

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

£28 I paid today to see us play like that. 

I’m just fed up paying all this money to follow Hearts and be shortchanged every time I do. 

Every time being the correct words.

This was not a one off poor performance on the road, this was the normal.

Greedy_Jambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What team would you have picked to "have a go" precisely?

We were hardly imbued with game changers on the bench.

I don't have a problem with the choice of players. We don't have all that much to choose from. I would of had Naismith upfront with Lafferty instead of him running around all over the place being very ineffective. 

I'd of had someone playing just off them to support the 2. 

The formation and tactics weren't right today. The substitutions were questionable as well. Why have Cochrane and Mcdonald on the bench and not use them?

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

If your last line is the case then it’s Leveins responsibility to address that and deal with it.

If he doesn’t, then he’s rightly questioned. 

Given that he knows as well as we do that we don’t have the right players in our squad, who would you put in the team to improve it?? What would be your preferred formation and personnel to play it. I’m as frustrated as anyone but I CAN see that we don’t have any options open to us right now. 

That was very disappointing .A poor performance .Well done to those that travelled.Safe journey home.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We are talking about Hearts, not the vermin. They've had success, quite frankly, because they have a better team than us at present.

Better team and better manager.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Greedy_Jambo said:

I don't have a problem with the choice of players. We don't have all that much to choose from. I would of had Naismith upfront with Lafferty instead of him running around all over the place being very ineffective. 

I'd of had someone playing just off them to support the 2. 

The formation and tactics weren't right today. The substitutions were questionable as well. Why leave Cochrane and Mcdonald on the bench? 

We had Cowie playing off them second half. The trouble was, Adao was doing an impression of being anything but a footballer behind them. I agree our subs were honking and the non-switch to a back 4 when we went 1 down was a fundamental error. Up to the goal though, we were fine. After that, we were God awful.

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

:rofl: at people predicting a Craig Levein Hearts team to win in Glasgow, some predicting 3-0 ffs!!!  Some are seriously kidding themselves on. The guy is a complete loser and is taking us absolutely nowhere.  Completely delusional if you think things will improve under him. As a comparison Lennon’s team has won twice at Ibrox this season....

You are not allowed to draw any comparisons with Lennon's team mate. Some get very upset about such comparisons. So much so that some seriously lose their shit

11 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I thought the performance was really encouraging, we had them on the back foot for quite a large part of the game. With a good pre season under our belts and some cracking signings during the summer, I really honestly think Levein could steer us to 7th place next season.

No , we did not. we really did not. You checked the possession stats ? 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You are not allowed to draw any comparisons with Lennon's team mate. Some get very upset about such comparisons. So much so that some seriously lose their shit

Fortunately I don’t give a shiney shite about what some people think mate as once again I, you (and a number of others) are being proven correct about the serial loser in charge of our football team! As for Lennon, he would have this Hearts team/squad in a significantly better position and probably a cup final. Levein is yesterday’s man and as we’ve seen Lennon has his number. 

Just now, Spencer said:

So much this. 

Greedy_Jambo

Bringing off Hughes says it all though. 

The guy is too old. We're giving him a new contract though lol

Aye, i get the point that he is good for the younger players, but jesus christ. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No , we did not. we really did not. You checked the possession stats ? 

I was joking mate.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Better team and better manager.

Hibs have a manager who is a proven winner. That mentality has rubbed off on his players. We have a manager who is a proven loser and we perform accordingly 

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Every time being the correct words.

This was not a one off poor performance on the road, this was the normal.

I am absolutely buzzing I’m not wasting my time and money to go to Aberdeen on Friday. And I’m not the only one. 

HughJarsole

Shite game. Only player who looked up for it was Cowie. Few half chances but we created nothing! 

Milinkovic was sitting in the away end, spoke to him briefly, said he was out for another 10 days with the knee problem, don’t think he understood much else haha. 

Just now, innerjambo said:

I was joking mate.

Sarcasm is lost just after a game.He didn't get as far as us getting 7th next season.

I'm starting to doubt Levein is the answer.  I know we have to give him time to bring in more of his own players, but that was truly chronic viewing. Definitely doesn't give you any confidence that things will improve. 

This tedious crap will have an effect on season ticket sales, and then Budge may start to pay attention.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Lennon would have this Hearts team/squad in a significantly better position and probably a cup final. Levein is yesterday’s man, as we’ve seen Lennon has his number. 

Sadly we have seen that Lennon does have his number. Two visits to Easter Road this season and no shots on target in 180 mins of football. 

Berra chucked up front with a few mins to go today as he was late on at Easter Road last month. That approach was binned 15 years ago. When you watch football across Europe now there is nobody chucking a big central defender up top late on for a hit and hope 

Many have consoled themselves that he will sort things out this summer. The reality is he is entirely complicit in the utter shambolic state we find ourselves in 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Hibs have a manager who is a proven winner. That mentality has rubbed off on his players. We have a manager who is a proven loser and we perform accordingly 

All things being equal, the simplest explanation is most probably the correct one.

Greedy_Jambo

I do prefer Lennon's mentality. He wouldn't of set up like that today. 

He would of went for there throat. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Bringing off Hughes says it all though. 

The guy is too old. We're giving him a new contract though lol

Aye, i get the point that he is good for the younger players, but jesus christ. 

He took off Hughes to bring on a striker...nothing to do with the fact that he is old.

Trying to change the game and get more attacking. Not a bad idea but unfortunately **** all happened even after the change

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

He took off Hughes to bring on a striker...nothing to do with the fact that he is old.

Trying to change the game and get more attacking. Not a bad idea but unfortunately **** all happened even after the change

Calling Henderson a striker is like calling Cole Stockton a striker.

Greedy_Jambo
Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

Yeah, I do get that. Maybe we should of just started without him though. 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Calling Henderson a striker is like calling Cole Stockton a striker.

Henderson won't make it, mark my words!!

4 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I do prefer Lennon's mentality. He wouldn't of set up like that today. 

He would of went for there throat. 

In the context of what happened last Sunday and the intervening days, Had Hibs been their opponents today at Ibrox they would have won. They would have good after them from the get go and turned the place toxic by scoring first and early 

We meekly surrendered and lost the game in the bus in the car park as we have always done and will always do at such venues under that coward 

fozzyfoster
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

he'll be off to east fife or raith

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Yeah, I edited my post. 

Fair enough, but also at 2-1/0 Rangers also dropped  back and allowed us to come on to them, we also got a lift from the goal.

This thing we seem to have on here atm is all about us, if we attack we win, if we defend  we lose is  just far too basic for me, far more  factors are at play.

Rangers went all out, they are at home, having came of a heavy defeat, they also  have something to play for. in the end we were 4 inches from a 2-2 at Ibrox.

I do  think we play to tentative sometimes, but when players can't seem to control the ball, run or make a simple pass then it's not hard to work  out why we are a bit cautious.

We need to improve next season, It will go hand in hand with getting new players.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Agreed. See Kris O'Neil.

Archived