***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

All Out Attack

I think the result depends on the Levein mindset. If he reverts to type, we will go for the draw and lose. 

If he can finally be bold and actually have a go, Rangers are poor and distinctly beatable. 

3-1 Rangers unfortunately. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spencer

• Hearts007

• letsalldothebeattie

Bazzas right boot

given the results today and the likely hood Celtic will scud them to win the league next week, if we beat rangers the morn their season could end up a car crash.

Tokyo Drifter

The conspiracy theorist in me says they'll throw it. They won't want Celtic to win the title against them at Parkhead, so losing at home to us is the lesser of two evils. 

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

I think the result depends on the Levein mindset. If he reverts to type, we will go for the draw and lose. 

If he can finally be bold and actually have a go, Rangers are poor and distinctly beatable. 

That's a big " IF" for him though but I really hope they go for it we have nothing to lose.

25 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

The conspiracy theorist in me says they'll throw it. They won't want Celtic to win the title against them at Parkhead, so losing at home to us is the lesser of two evils. 

with aberdeen winning today, no result tomorrow can win celtic the league this weekend

I'm never confident of either Hearts away nor a trip to Glasgow. However they are a mess. The results today heaps the pressure on them. An early goal and the place will go balistic and I don't see many leaders in that team. We just have to go at them....it means hee haw to us so lets just get an attacking line up out there and see if they crumble.

Currant bun at work not fancying his lot at all.

He’s put dough on btts and Hearts +2. 

Would love to share his optimism because he’s forgot about our away form!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Nonsense.

Even if cl went "all out attack" we could still get beat easily, likewise we could sneak a win if he's defensive.

The game doesn't only depend on what Craig  does. far more factors involved.

rangers having something to play for and Hearts not is by far the biggest factor ( anyone having played football or a sport will know this), hopefully works in our favour but in theses situations it wouldn't be the norm.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, crichiejambos said:

If we beat rangers and Aberdeen will Rangers have to give Celtic a guard of honour next weekend?

If we do that, we'll deserve a guard of honour. 

21 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Nonsense.

Even if cl went "all out attack" we could still get beat easily, likewise we could sneak a win if he's defensive.

The game doesn't only depend on what Craig  does. far more factors involved.

rangers having something to play for and Hearts not is by far the biggest factor ( anyone having played football or a sport will know this), hopefully works in our favour but in theses situations it wouldn't be the norm.

Some sense at last. People are setting themselves up for a week of levein bashing. Win win for a lot of them. I hope to god we don't lose so I don't need to read it on here 

Feeling very bouyant.  Our recovery has been night and day different from theirs.  Despite on-field disappointments we are in a great position whereas they appear to be in turmoil. And debt.

Doesn't mean we'll win but I think we will.  Sticking to 3-0.

crichiejambos
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If we do that, we'll deserve a guard of honour. 

Well if we do that then it's only fair Celtic do that for us when they rock up:clyay:

HughJarsole

Travelling to ibrox tomorrow for the first time, been told by a rangers fan  not to take my hearts scarf as it’s a bit dodgy - is there any truth in this? 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Currant bun at work not fancying his lot at all.

He’s put dough on btts and Hearts +2. 

Would love to share his optimism because he’s forgot about our away form!

Yeh they all seem to think we're going to pump them, I honestly can't see it with our away form, I fear it'll be the same as last time, just a sit and wait to get beat job.

Just now, HughJarsole said:

Travelling to ibrox tomorrow for the first time, been told by a rangers fan  not to take my hearts scarf as it’s a bit dodgy - is there any truth in this? 

Yup, same for Celtic. You go to Ibrox and get called a 'fenian', then at Celtic Park you get called an 'Orange ****' :D  I'm not sure what Partick call us, maybe both? If you use any kind of public transport keep your scarf in your pocket and try to look as glaikit as you can.

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh they all seem to think we're going to pump them, I honestly can't see it with our away form, I fear it'll be the same as last time, just a sit and wait to get beat job.

Bad as it is, theirs is far worse. Major splits in the team after their cup humping, total loss of confidence. I'm not writing them off but I'd be suprised if they win, and even more so by anything other than a goal difference.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, HughJarsole said:

Aye. ra bears are mental

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Yup, same for Celtic. You go to Ibrox and get called a 'fenian', then at Celtic Park you get called an 'Orange ****' :D  I'm not sure what Partick call us, maybe both? If you use any kind of public transport keep your scarf in your pocket and try to look as glaikit as you can.

Try lickin the windeas, they will never suss your a sophisticated dude from the capital.

We should take a dive tomorrow to stop the vermin grabbing 2nd place. Just putting that out there. 

weekend offender
1 minute ago, EH11_2NL said:

We should take a dive tomorrow to stop the vermin grabbing 2nd place. Just putting that out there. 

Agreed but my opinion will change once game kicks off lol FTH

Jambos_1874

This is a great opportunity to win at Ibrox. They are an absolute shambles of a club, their fans will be on their backs and their defence is woeful. People call this a "nothing game" but any game against that lot means something IMO. There is nothing more pleasing than a hurting Hun and now is time to inflict some pain on them. I'm heading along tomorrow with plenty of optimism. 2-1 Hearts.

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Would rather fist my own ass, double handed, and dry.

TyphoonJambo

Looking to see Smith and Adao giving some strength in the middle

heartsfc_fan
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’m thinking almost same team as lined up v Aberdeen bar one change.

My guess.

Adao for Cowie.

rick witter
37 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Looking to see Smith and Adao giving some strength in the middle

Smith is not a central midfielder. He is way too slow and should not be playing in there. 

29 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

My guess.

Adao for Cowie.

That would be a good shout but not the one I was thinking.

Us to regain our number one spot from Aberdeen as the leagues biggest bottlers and to lose 3-1 tomorrow. Cummings to score 2 along with Murphy. Hearts fans to spit the dummy and demand Levein leaves and totally ignore the fact that our season finished at Fir Park a month ago. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Us to regain our number one spot from Aberdeen as the leagues biggest bottlers and to lose 3-1 tomorrow. Cummings to score 2 along with Murphy. Hearts fans to spit the dummy and demand Levein leaves and totally ignore the fact that our season finished at Fir Park a month ago. 

Absolutely bollox

2 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

We won’t need to take a dive to get beat at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Smith is not a central midfielder. He is way too slow and should not be playing in there. 

Smith is not great but he did a good job in CM against Aberdeen. 

All I ask is for us to have a wee bit of composure in possession, pass it about a bit and build our attacks instead of leathering it route-one.

I know it's easier said than done but we have shown that we're more than capable of hurting teams when we get the ball down.

IF the players are confident (which they should be) and apply themselves properly like the did against the Dons, then I see no reason why we can't take something from the game.

8 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

My sentiments exactly

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Do you get invited to Lennon's birthday parties?

plastic_bas

I consider myself a glass half full sort of chap but as certain as the sun will rise in the east today's score at ibrox will be:

Rangers 2

Heart of Midlothian 0

9 hours ago, rick witter said:

Smith is fine in midfield if we're playing a 3-5-2 

rick witter
Just now, franko1874 said:

Smith is fine in midfield if we're playing a 3-5-2 

He is a right back!! 

Why play him in his wrong position away at Ibrox when we have midfielders who can play there. 

Play players in their correct positions and they will naturally be more confident. Just my opinion but it’s asking for trouble. 

25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He is a right back!! 

Why play him in his wrong position away at Ibrox when we have midfielders who can play there. 

Play players in their correct positions and they will naturally be more confident. Just my opinion but it’s asking for trouble. 

Smith hasn't put a foot wrong when playing Cm! Were you at the Aberdeen game?? 

This will really depend on our approach, sitting back hoping for the best could end badly but a positive confident style might just get us something. If we let them get going we’re toast.

portobellojambo1
30 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He is a right back!! 

While I agree with you that Michael Smith's best position is right back I have to be honest and say he is a player who we have used recently, in midfield, and he hasn't let us down. Indeed, when we also asked him to play a more central defensive role, versus Celtic at Tynecastle, again he rose to the occasion and put in a storming performance, probably my MOTM that day. I would tend to agree in terms of it would be a big bonus if we could play players in their best positions. Where I might differ from you above, in terms of playing midfielders in midfield, I think the problem is it is an area of the park where most know we have been weak for a fair bit time now. If, by using Michael Smith in there, we then discover that in Adao and him we have two who can comfortably cover the more defensive roles of midfield it means Levein will then have more cash available to focus on the sort of midfielder(s) we need to push us forward when the transfer window opens. And I don't think Smith will let us down if given a midfield role today at Ibrox.