***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Our record at home against them recently has been pretty good but we've not been great at Ibrox for a while. Miller has been a thorn in our sides so hopefully he'll be left out.

An optimistic 1-0 Hearts

We've won 6 times there in 40 years mate! Thats the understatement of the century! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hendricks said:

We've won 6 times there in 40 years mate! Thats the understatement of the century! 

40 years is a while and 6 times isn't great ;) 

portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

With really nothing to lose I hope we go out with a less cautious approach than usual.

This in bucket loads. Go through there, sit in, try to play for a draw and we will get pumped. Go through there and adopt a front foot approach and there is no reason why we cannot bring all three points home. These 5 post split games give us the opportunity to put in place the type of approach I'm hoping will become much more of the norm. next season, going out to look to win matches. It isn't a bad approach today, you tend to find that the teams that win football matches also tend to be there at the closing stages of all competitions.

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Our record at home against them recently has been pretty good but we've not been great at Ibrox for a while. Miller has been a thorn in our sides so hopefully he'll be left out.

An optimistic 1-0 Hearts

Miller suspended by club is he not?

Mars plastic

First of four utterly pointless games. We’ll not win as the manager is petrified of going to Ibrox and Parkhead. 

12 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

First of four utterly pointless games. We’ll not win as the manager is petrified of going to Ibrox and Parkhead. 

Certainly doesn't have a record to be proud of. Just watching on the box on Sunday. Ibrox and Easter Road last month was the limit I could take for away games this season. ****ing horrendous 

This shower will probably bounce back on Sunday after the savaging they've had over the last 5 or 6 days 

Mars plastic
Just now, Spencer said:

Certainly doesn't have a record to be proud of. Just watching on the box on Sunday. Ibrox and Easter Road last month was the limit I could take for away games this season. ****ing horrendous 

This shower will probably bounce back on Sunday after the savaging they've had over the last 5 or 6 days 

He’s only ever won twice at Ibrox and parkhead as a manager. Expect that to continue next season if we sign more huddies like McLean and the boy from Cambridge.  

Turmoil? Both players in question have hardly kicked a ball for months. 

We are SHITE away from home (usually). 

I’m going for a 2-1 defeat...

For rangers. 

colinmaroon
34 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

He’s only ever won twice at Ibrox and parkhead as a manager. Expect that to continue next season if we sign more huddies like McLean and the boy from Cambridge.  

Says the huddy!

Mars plastic
10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Says the huddy!

Just you stick to singing to imaginary people in the sky, Colin. There’s a good lad.

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Just you stick to singing to imaginary people in the sky, Colin. There’s a good lad.

Mars, to be fair, his big boss preaches hope and faith. You however come over as a seriously negative and poisonous twat. Ffs get behind the team.

crichiejambos
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Miller suspended by club is he not?

Has anyone picked up a Rangers v Hearts ladbrokes quick slip? The two Rangers players at the top of the coupon Wallace and Miller!:greggy:

Stick lafferty and Naismith up front, pack the midfield and bully them. Celtic ragdolled that midfield last week so lets do the same. An early goal for us and "the big hoose" will go into meltdown.

Smith has to start in midfield with Adao and Id be tempted to go with Cowie. Bit of strength and experience.

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Mars, to be fair, his big boss preaches hope and faith. You however come over as a seriously negative and poisonous twat. Ffs get behind the team.

What a lovely post 

What a ****ing place this has become 

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Here's one for you......we've only scored 3 goals at Ibrox TWICE in the last 55 years!  

September 1973 and January 1996. Both 3-0 wins. So your prediction would be some what historic should it happen! 

Our record at Ibrox really is astonishingly shite, we've only won there 6 times in the last 40 years!!  :berra:

To be fair that would be near symmetry:

23 years and 22 years apart....

Stranger things....

When was was the last time we scored 4 against Celtic or had however many clean sheets in a row?

People can rightly claim we have had a crap season but in amongst it all we have created history twice and are close to having our first 20 plus striker for 25 years

No one can say that it has been all doom and gloom

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Wow!  That's original!

But then that's what you expect from a huddy!

See ya come the Day of Judgement, unless you stop being a huddy, of course.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think we've been one of the most pedestrian teams in the league for two seasons. When we abandoned that and went for an energetic high press against Celtic we had one of the best results in the history of the club. It was worth building on and we haven't really. I hope we see it again this weekend. 

Cruyff Turn

Wallace apparently through a whiteboard at Murty, Miller was going to smash Murty and Docherty wants to leather Morelos. :laugh:

Whilst Hallidays contempt for Murty was clear after being hooked after 43 minutes,  Jimmy Nichol and Jonatan Johansson seem to be distancing themselves from Murty, which was evident last Sunday. The pictures from Training at Murray Park today seem to tell their own story. 

:greggy:

They are absolutely falling to bits, at every level.

Let's twist the knife into these shop fronts on Sunday. 

Hearts can either approach this as nothing to lose or nothing to play for.  People will really have cause to criticise Levein and the team if it proves to be the latter.

If we lose I will take consolation that we have done our great friends no favours.

4 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Here's one for you......we've only scored 3 goals at Ibrox TWICE in the last 55 years!  

September 1973 and January 1996. Both 3-0 wins. So your prediction would be some what historic should it happen! 

Our record at Ibrox really is astonishingly shite, we've only won there 6 times in the last 40 years!!  :berra:

I've seen Hearts beat Rangers 3-0 twice at Ibrox , wasn't there in 1973 ?

Gonna miss this one unfortunately. Pity as I really fancy us to come away with 3 points this time. I'll go for 0-2, Milinkovic and Berra to score.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Haken said:

Puzzles me sometimes why some folk follow Hearts - it seems to be a real horsehair shirt for them.

While we should be a wee bit weary of the injured bear, I would like us to go and have a go.  Finish the season off on a highand carry that through into next season and we'll all feel positive.  Won't we?

Because some are happier getting their jollies from attacking rather than supporting the club. 

They are there for the taking and i think we are better than them but I've seen the movie 100x before and know that we rarely win along the M8. 

TheAntiHibee

It's predicted Rangers are going with a 4-2-3-1 with Morelos to lead the line, therefore I'm not really worried. 3-1 Hearts.

30 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Because some are happier getting their jollies from attacking rather than supporting the club. 

They are there for the taking and i think we are better than them but I've seen the movie 100x before and know that we rarely win along the M8. 

That is just absolute nonsense. I fail to see that anyone takes pleasure in criticising. This has been another very poor season and some people have called it as such. 

Suggestion that some Hearts fans get a thrill out of being critical is truly pathetic. There has been justified criticism. We are miles short of the minimum objectives the club hierarchy set this season.  

Everyone hopes things get better for next season. But this has been very poor with the exception of a small number of very good displays

Much work to do. Thankfully Craig Levein appears to realise this and is getting his work done early. One thing is for sure - another season commensurate with this is not going to end well for him 

MacDonald Jardine
30 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Do you really think we are better than them?

There's our hammering of Celtic in December and their pathetic display last week. 

Other than that, given our respective league positions, what suggests that?

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

That is just absolute nonsense. I fail to see that anyone takes pleasure it criticising. This has been another very poor season and some people have called it as such. 

Suggestion that some Hearts fans get a thrill out of being critical is truly pathetic. There has been justified criticism. We are miles short of the minimum objectives the club hierarchy set this season.  

Everyone hopes things get better for next season. But this has been very poor with the exception of a small number of very good displays

Much work to do. Thankfully Craig Levein appears to realise this and is getting his work done early. One thing is for sure - another season commensurate with this is not going to end well for him 

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

I was there for one of them.  The WW plan.

Brilliant.

chester copperpot

If we have a go, I will be happy as that's not been our approach to many away games this season.

They are absolutely there for the taking. Even Barry Ferguson on tnites Roughie and that other ***** show admitted so.

Stick the ball in their net and they'll implode like a house of cards. The orcs are gonna eat their own.

51 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I was there for one of them.  The WW plan.

Brilliant.

So that's 3 times in the last 55 years then ? 

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Scary stats. 

3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

We beat them 3-0 at Ibrox in November 1963. That was the previous time we won by that margin out with 1973 and 1996.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Spencer said:

That is just absolute nonsense. I fail to see that anyone takes pleasure in criticising. This has been another very poor season and some people have called it as such. 

We will agree to disagree on this one old chap. There is a small but noisy cohort with a tremendous enthusiasm to criticise and repeatedly regurgitate negativity no matter what and certainly lack that enthusiasm when we do well. At best they will grudgingly aknowledge success but more likely disappear and only resurface after the next setback. 

Take recruitment and the gist of your post as an example.  CL has been DoF since 2014 but has only had operational responsibility for first team affairs since autumn 2017. He had a few days in the summer and in winter few players of the quality we are looking for are available but business as even you grudgingly admitted was good. But for injuries to Mitchell and Djoum and to a lesser extent David M we would have finished the season more positively  i Am sure.

Now this is his first real opportunity to properly reshape the squad in his own way and he has gone public about most of his principal targets who are as good as we are entitled to expect, extended the contracts of our brightest young talent and already increased our attacking options with two very different but positive signings. Cause for optimism  for all but the most miserable pessimist or troll  i would have thought. Instead, you choose to end your post saying he better get it right or he is oot.

As i say, we can agree to disagree but that's how I see it.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Do you really think we are better than them?

There's our hammering of Celtic in December and their pathetic display last week. 

Other than that, given our respective league positions, what suggests that?

If we have everybody fit yes I think our first XI is better. We've deservedly beaten Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs who I also think are better. I'll be very disappointed if we don't beat this shower of charlatans as well before the season is out.

To be fair to those that predict a Hearts defeat 9 times out of 10, we seem to have developed some sort of group psychological problem away from home.  This would be a good time to put that to bed. Hearts win 3-1.

You can argue which team is better just now but what's indisputable is that Rangers are definitely not the team they have been for the majority of the 40 years talked about earlier.

The Magic Johnston game proves that you don’t actually have to be ‘in their faces’ from the start to win there.

The ability to counter attack with pace won that game

portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Can you offer an explanation as to why though.

The Comedian
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You might see that explained somewhat on Sunday. They are a shambles and there for the taking so will we A) Go at them with no real pressure on our backs or B ) Play with caution and fear and ultimately lose?

Levein is a cautious and pragmatic manager so I expect option B and would be incredibly disappointed in that. 

We are in the comfort blanket zone that you just don't win at Ibrox. Unless you are Hibs, Celtic, Hamilton Accies, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. But apart from that you just don't win there.

A regulation 2-0 defeat after Levein head's through for a point would be so utterly tragic on so many level's. PLEASE HAVE A GO AT THESE WANKERS MAN, PLEASE.

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

You might see that explained somewhat on Sunday. They are a shambles and there for the taking so will we A) Go at them with no real pressure on our backs or B ) Play with caution and fear and ultimately lose?

Levein is a cautious and pragmatic manager so I expect option B and would be incredibly disappointed in that. 

We are in the comfort blanket zone that you just don't win at Ibrox. Unless you are Hibs, Celtic, Hamilton Accies, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. But apart from that you just don't win there.

A regulation 2-0 defeat after Levein head's through for a point would be so utterly tragic on so many level's. PLEASE HAVE A GO AT THESE WANKERS MAN, PLEASE.

Agree totally. And that was what I was sort of getting at. We don't lose there so often because it is a written rule anywhere, we lose regularly through there because of the way we approach the games. Tomorrow there is absolutely feck all to lose, we cannot go any lower than 6th place, so there is nothing to even consider defending for. Let's go at them, and look to win the game, find out those players still on our books who are best placed to help push us back up the league next season. No point in sitting in and hoping for a single point, it hasn't worked for a long time now. The time to start thinking about what we can potentially do next season starts tomorrow, so let's go and do it.

We have nothing to lose now anyway, worth just going at them from the off and see what happens, losing 1-0 or 3-0 is still 3 points dropped. Might learn something new about how we can play.

The Comedian
12 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Agree totally. And that was what I was sort of getting at. We don't lose there so often because it is a written rule anywhere, we lose regularly through there because of the way we approach the games. Tomorrow there is absolutely feck all to lose, we cannot go any lower than 6th place, so there is nothing to even consider defending for. Let's go at them, and look to win the game, find out those players still on our books who are best placed to help push us back up the league next season. No point in sitting in and hoping for a single point, it hasn't worked for a long time now. The time to start thinking about what we can potentially do next season starts tomorrow, so let's go and do it.

Yep. It's not even about going gung ho hell for leather it's about having some attacking intent when we do have the ball either by being on the front foot or by countering. We will treat it as a dead rubber to justify another craven loss and it'll be equally justified on here. I really hope Levein proves me wrong, love winning in Glasgow. Even a point while giving them some bother would do me.

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We've historically had a cheap record against both sets of bad guys because they have generally been a level above us. That no longer applies to the tribute act so no reason no excuses as far as I am concerned

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

:rofl:

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

We will agree to disagree on this one old chap. There is a small but noisy cohort with a tremendous enthusiasm to criticise and repeatedly regurgitate negativity no matter what and certainly lack that enthusiasm when we do well. At best they will grudgingly aknowledge success but more likely disappear and only resurface after the next setback. 

Take recruitment and the gist of your post as an example.  CL has been DoF since 2014 but has only had operational responsibility for first team affairs since autumn 2017. He had a few days in the summer and in winter few players of the quality we are looking for are available but business as even you grudgingly admitted was good. But for injuries to Mitchell and Djoum and to a lesser extent David M we would have finished the season more positively  i Am sure.

Now this is his first real opportunity to properly reshape the squad in his own way and he has gone public about most of his principal targets who are as good as we are entitled to expect, extended the contracts of our brightest young talent and already increased our attacking options with two very different but positive signings. Cause for optimism  for all but the most miserable pessimist or troll  i would have thought. Instead, you choose to end your post saying he better get it right or he is oot.

As i say, we can agree to disagree but that's how I see it.

Post of the week. :thumbs_up:

Archived