Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Problem Levein has on this is that he asked Budge to commit to this particular player on a 42 month contract 

Martin will be a higher earner in the squad. Much the same as Oshinawa. For neither to play a single minute of first team football in an entire season whilst fit and available is staggering 

There is not another club in the league who have not played one of their highest paid players in a whole season 

I've said that before, and it's why i have asked a number of times for Martin to play some part in these remaining games because it must surely be better than playing full backs in midfield and also it will protect the young players from being exposed too much at a difficult time for us. Perhaps not against celtic or hibs, but definitely at aberdeen and Killie.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

Alex Kintner
12 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Let me just ask the boy in the pool?.....Nope he knows hee haw

WP_20180503_16_55_56_Pro.jpg

::thatshot::

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Problem Levein has on this is that he asked Budge to commit to this particular player on a 42 month contract 

Martin will be a higher earner in the squad. Much the same as Oshinawa. For neither to play a single minute of first team football in an entire season whilst fit and available is staggering 

There is not another club in the league who have not played one of their highest paid players in a whole season 

How long are you going to keep on about this same old multi regurgitated shite?

The deed is done.  If a mistake has been made, it is not the first one ANY club has made and there is no easy resolution.  With the transfer window closed, it is  almost impossible to rectify, so what value do you get from wittering on about it?

Drumjambo
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Dalcio - Rangers

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The deed is done.  If a mistake has been made, it is not the first one ANY club has made and there is no easy resolution.  With the transfer window closed, it is  almost impossible to rectify, so what value do you get from wittering on about it?

quarter of a million pounds per season mistake and its just rolling off the ducks back like water like it hardly matters. And its far from being the only mistake of that magnitude.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You don't think the matter is relevant? He has not played a single minute of football this season. It's not isolated as Oshinawa didn't play last season or El Hass the year before.  Albeit injury precluded latter 

Club can't afford this to continue. It could be why Budge is largely restricting our activity to loan signings since - Amankwaa and Callachan aside. Couple of belters btw 

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

quarter of a million pounds per season mistake and its just rolling off the ducks back like water like it hardly matters. And its far from being the only mistake of that magnitude.

Correct. That added to failure in league when we will potentially make £800k less than Hibs or Aberdeen just gets brushed off by the gang who want to get to summer for the panacea 

13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You don't think the matter is relevant? He has not played a single minute of football this season. It's not isolated as Oshinawa didn't play last season or El Hass the year before.  Albeit injury precluded latter 

Club can't afford this to continue. It could be why Budge is largely restricting our activity to loan signings since - Amankwaa and Callachan aside. Couple of belters btw 

Did I say it was not relevant?  You don't half like to drag it up the past and I can't understand what pleasure you get of it especially since we can't rectify it meantime.

King prawn
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

It is a rubbish situation to be in but unless someone comes in for Martin I can't see him going anywhere.

We aren't the first club to sign a dud on a long term, expensive contract and we won't be the last. I just hope Levein or whoever the next manager is gets it right.

Villa signed Charles N'Zogbia of all people on a 5 year contract for nearly £10 million and he managed to see that 5 year contact out despite only scoring 4 goals and only playing 80 times.

Borgarde played just 11 times for Chelsea  in 4 years despite earning £40,000 per week! That's £750k per appearance :lol: 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I say it was not relevant?  You don't half like to drag it up the past and I can't understand what pleasure you get of it especially since we can't rectify it meantime.

Of course we can rectify it. It will cost us though. As it did with Oshinawa 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

In any other employment heads would roll for such losses with no return. Our recruitment and scouting is not benefititng Hearts Its doing the exact opposite in fact and costing us money with no return. Do we just brush this under the carpet again? Or do we make decisions to change this. Granted singing players is a risk but our recruitment since admin has been atrocious and cost us close to a million pounds if not more and needs addressed 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Of course we can rectify it. It will cost us though. As it did with Oshinawa 

You are clearly intent on keeping this to the front.
You don't know if it cost us with Osh or how much it cost and we probably have better things to do with our money than pay off Martin.So give it a rest and give others a rest.  Get a life.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maynard at Aberdeen and Musonda at Celtic you can probably add to the list. Believe Chelsea are fuming, but despite the skill something far wrong with that lad. Would imagine the money being burned there, and to put context in, Celtic have that luxury, we don't, makes MM loss look money falling out the pocket running for the bus

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Correct. That added to failure in league when we will potentially make £800k less than Hibs or Aberdeen just gets brushed off by the gang who want to get to summer for the panacea 

Gerrard bit on the BBC. He never looks back, its not about yesterday, its about tomorrow. Crying over spilt milk. Move on Spencer.

13 hours ago, Spencer said:

It's amazing the extent that some will try to go to in order to defend utter shite 

You see it on here in spades 

Well Spencer you obviously don't know a fabulous post when you read it. Follow my posts and learn.

Jamboscanbevicius

Martin and Oshaniwa were expensive mistakes. No question. They are amongst the worst we’ve seen in terms of not fitting our style or even Scottish football. Add Sammon and a few others who have flopped and it doesn’t look too clever. Especially the ones on big wages!

I think we can all accept that a player like Stockton may, or may not cut it. Or that Reilly may, or may not, have cut it when stepping up.

But expensive signings like Martin and Oshaniwa on 2-3 yr contracts should be scouted several times before signing.

I really hope we have learned our lesson on this. We seem to be going down this route less certainly. Adao and Milinkovic tested on loan. Amankwaa got 18 months to prove himself.

Experienced pros and young guys to develop (mostly from UK) seems like a more solid strategy thankfully.

I am pleased with the change in strategy. We will still make the odd mistake, but hopefully they won’t cost us quite as dearly as in the past!

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are clearly intent on keeping this to the front.
You don't know if it cost us with Osh or how much it cost and we probably have better things to do with our money than pay off Martin.So give it a rest and give others a rest.  Get a life.

You think Oshinawa walked away for nothing? Or dear Al. You are toiling here my auld son  

Better things to do with our money than pay off Martin? Sure we have. Just keep paying him every month for another 2 years unless something changes. Unwillingness to play him in any circumstances means he is hardly in shop window 

I suspect you are so prickly on this because you know it's an absolute cluster**** by Levein 

Edited by Spencer

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well Spencer you obviously don't know a fabulous post when you read it. Follow my posts and learn.

I was being sarcastic! Some of the defend Levein at all cost brigade are an utter embarrassment 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maynard at Aberdeen and Musonda at Celtic you can probably add to the list. Believe Chelsea are fuming, but despite the skill something far wrong with that lad. Would imagine the money being burned there, and to put context in, Celtic have that luxury, we don't, makes MM loss look money falling out the pocket running for the bus

Difference is, Aberdeen are still have strikers who are scoring (and they are playing them) and celtic have midfielders playing in midfield ahead of that Musonda*. Neither team are throwing in kids to a difficult situation and expecting them to sink or swim on a weekly basis.

*who, we were led to believe by a number of our EPL-fetishists, was going to dominate this league like nobody's business.

Lucille's Thirsty
13 hours ago, Spencer said:

It's amazing the extent that some will try to go to in order to defend utter shite 

You see it on here in spades 

I completely agree. Regarding our new signings which are if we’re all honest aren’t going to close the gap to Kilmarnock let alone top 4.  One on here is so defensive about Hearts that he can’t see that these type of signings are poor. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Difference is, Aberdeen are still have strikers who are scoring (and they are playing them) and celtic have midfielders playing in midfield ahead of that Musonda*. Neither team are throwing in kids to a difficult situation and expecting them to sink or swim on a weekly basis.

*who, we were led to believe by a number of our EPL-fetishists, was going to dominate this league like nobody's business.

Yeah, I agree, touched on that in another thread. Our rebuild this year has been clearing out, and probably not replacing. Stockton and Sammon for example were not really replaced.

I would have played Martin if he was fit, rather than Irving, who I don't think was as ready, but looks a good prospect. I think Martin has been unlucky, not the answer of course long term, but I'm sure he could have helped the squad in some shape or form. The politics have not had the desired effect though and he has stayed rather than walk.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

James Hardy from AFC Fylde has been mentioned to me, apparently we've shown some interest. 

TexasAndy
16 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I completely agree. Regarding our new signings which are if we’re all honest aren’t going to close the gap to Kilmarnock let alone top 4.  One on here is so defensive about Hearts that he can’t see that these type of signings are poor. 

But how can you be so sure about players you have never seen and have no idea what impact they will make?  It's not about being defensive about Hearts it's about waiting for some tangible evidence before 'expertly' dismissing a player's ability.   

Hardy is very decent think he won young  player of the year this year young athletic and likes to drive forward can pass a ball and gets his fair share of goals 

Sign him up 

40 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

:notsure:

I am almost at the stage of wanting Levein gone so that every thread is not packed with the same bunch of posters moaning about him and thinking everyone else is blindly following him. Then the threads may become more interesting and informative, or is that too much to hope for? I think I know the answer! Can we leave threads about new signings for folk to read for "information" as there are plenty Levein bashing threads for folk to have their non debating debate on?

Nookie Bear
49 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

James Hardy from AFC Fylde has been mentioned to me, apparently we've shown some interest. 

*insert Jamie Vardy justification comment here*

59 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You think Oshinawa walked away for nothing? Or dear Al. You are toiling here my auld son  

Better things to do with our money than pay off Martin? Sure we have. Just keep paying him every month for another 2 years unless something changes. Unwillingness to play him in any circumstances means he is hardly in shop window 

I suspect you are so prickly on this because you know it's an absolute cluster**** by Levein 

OK young shit spouter.

I didn't say he walked away for nothing.   I said you don't know.  You always guess using the base criteria.

If we played him and he played poorly you'd be first on here about team selection.  You are a huge embarrassment to the club you claim to support.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

*insert Jamie Vardy justification comment here*

Levein looking at his name and thinking - "I don't know why but I think he'll be a good player; Murray! Get me a 4 minute youtube clip of him."

Lucille's Thirsty
45 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

But how can you be so sure about players you have never seen and have no idea what impact they will make?  It's not about being defensive about Hearts it's about waiting for some tangible evidence before 'expertly' dismissing a player's ability.   

What was you’re immediate reaction when we signed these players mate? Underwhelmed or excited. Trust me I wantsthem to ram my words down my throat but just being a realist. Given their careers up to date. 

King prawn
59 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

This game finished 9-2

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

OK young shit spouter.

I didn't say he walked away for nothing.   I said you don't know.  You always guess using the base criteria.

If we played him and he played poorly you'd be first on here about team selection.  You are a huge embarrassment to the club you claim to support.

You will willingly accept failure for as long as it's dished up to you Al 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

You will willingly accept failure for as long as it's dished up to you Al 

I accept, but not willingly, that not every signing will be a success IN ANY CLUB but you know that.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
59 minutes ago, King prawn said:

This game finished 9-2

Looks a decent finisher/player.

Big step up, if it happens.

Cruyff Turn

James Hardy, no league, almost Jamie Vardy...

Get him signed.  Can't wait to see our 3-0-7 formation next season.

Milinkovic Burns Lafferty Ikpeazu Naismith Shankland Hardy

Mitchell Berra Souttar

Goalkeeper

:yas:

TyphoonJambo

From their web site, a good pedigree with three years at City

James Hardy

hardy.jpg
Name James Hardy
Team First Team
Position Midfielder

The Coasters bolstered their attacking option in October 2015 with the addition of Manchester City youngster James Hardy. The 19-year-old forward, who has spent the last three years with the Premier League giants, trained with The Coasters in September and impressed boss Dave Challinor enough to warrant signing him.

He made his debut against Coleshill Town in the FA Cup. Hardy shone towards the latter part of last season, scoring in victories over promotion rivals Boston United and Harrogate Town.

Edited by TypoonJambo

3 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I assume you mean me.

You described "signings" as horrid and underwhelming and I asked if you had seen them play and what were they like.  You have consistently evaded the questions and everyone knows why.  Now you are trying to make out that I am defending HMFC because you mouthed off without any meaningful evidence.  Is that right?

Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Out of interest, where does the belief that Martin is a top earned and on anything like £250k a year come from? His career was on a downward trajectory long before arriving at Hearts and had spent 8months without a club in 2013-14, moved to Norway for 3 seasons where he played for a team that got relegated and then a team that finished 4points above relegation. Hardly seems likely that he was on a massive wage at that point.

No one is arguing he isn't a horrific waste of money on the grounds he was given a stupidly long contract. But not sure it is helpful when people start making up figures for what he is paid that seem to have no basis.

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

yoOut of interest, where does the belief that Martin is a top earned and on anything like £250k a year come from? His career was on a downward trajectory long before arriving at Hearts and had spent 8months without a club in 2013-14, moved to Norway for 3 seasons where he played for a team that got relegated and then a team that finished 4points above relegation. Hardly seems likely that he was on a massive wage at that point.

No one is arguing he isn't a horrific waste of money on the grounds he was given a stupidly long contract. But not sure it is helpful when people start making up figures for what he is paid that seem to have no basis.

If Spencer and Escobar believe he was earning that then it must true.  They wouldn't make things up to suit their agenda, would they?

Edited by JamboAl

Finlay James
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

If Spencer and Escobar believe he was earning that then it must true.  They wouldn't make things up to suit their agenda, would they?

I can think of a few others you could add to that list.  Hiding in plain sight I think they call it.

Notts1874
10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I can think of a few others you could add to that list.  Hiding in plain sight I think they call it.

Careful what you say about Escobar. He has powerful friends here ?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Nobody on here will know he exact wage . But surely you you don't think that Martin's not one of the higher earner's at the club ?

Lucille's Thirsty
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I assume you mean me.

You described "signings" as horrid and underwhelming and I asked if you had seen them play and what were they like.  You have consistently evaded the questions and everyone knows why.  Now you are trying to make out that I am defending HMFC because you mouthed off without any meaningful evidence.  Is that right?

Are you satisfied with our season? The players we have signed are not going to be replacing the current ones when we’ve had a poor season. We all have our opinions and mine in that both players will be bit part players. You seemed to think they’ll be the opposite. Have you seen the play JA? 

I haven’t which pretty much sums it up too me. Hopefully CL is bulking up the squad with these signings as they are not going to give the first 11 headaches.

Opinions. 

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Cruyff Turn

For Martin to earn 250k a year, he'd have to be earning 4.5k a week. :laugh:

Absolutely nae danger. 

Escobar PHM
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I was speculating £5k a week. Even at £2k a week he is an utter and shameful waste of vital financial resources. What’s more I believe there is actually a half decent player in there somewhere, however CL obviously doesn’t agree despite authorising a 3 year deal when he was in charge of deals 

Famous 1874
12 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Official?

In Edinburgh this weekend to sign the contract. Clubs have agreed on a fee. Should be announced officially by the club soon.

heartsfc_fan

On a Hibs note. A boy at work said Dylan McGeough is off to Blackburn Rovers. Pre contract.

I guess we'll see what happens there.