Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, chico1874 said:

Hat trick for Stevie boy!

Fantastic stevie :pleased:

You've shut a lot of negative nonces up on here, very very pleasing

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

If these rumours about Cammy Gill, Lawrence Shankland, Bobby Burns and Scott Fraser are true I think that shows a real move in the right direction with securing young talent that will likely make us money down the road. I'd much rather see players like this signed alongside players like Berra and Lafferty than Oshinawa, Grzlak etc. I don't think 25 year old+ jouneymen will take us any further forward. Striking that balance between older heads and promising youth seems the key to securing long term success.  I'm not saying there isn't a role for journeymen in the squad but our approach to signing them over the last few years has been awful.  

Fingers crossed we can move on Sammon and Martin in the coming window. Neither have a place at this club imo and it would probably be better for their long term careers if they pissed off. Who's going to pick up an out of contract 30 something who has barely played for 3 years ? - Perhaps more true in Martins case than Sammon. 

Edited by OTT

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Like I said - be careful Al 

I take that is some sort of veiled threat and I'm supposed to shiver in my shoes.

rWright has taken McLean off to save Lucille further embarrassment.

It's almost as though our "poor signing" was reading this thread earlier and said to Loose Heel GIRFUY!

Edited by JamboAl

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I take that is some sort of veiled threat and I'm supposed to shiver in my shoes.

Be careful not to seek to misrepresent people Al 

jamboinglasgow

can those who are having petty spats with each other go to another thread. Its really really really boring. And this thread is meant to be about who we have offered deals and rumoured signings.

stevie1874
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

can those who are having petty spats with each other go to another thread. Its really really really boring. And this thread is meant to be about who we have offered deals and rumoured signings.

?

Lucille's Thirsty
58 minutes ago, OTT said:

If these rumours about Cammy Gill, Lawrence Shankland, Bobby Burns and Scott Fraser are true I think that shows a real move in the right direction with securing young talent that will likely make us money down the road. I'd much rather see players like this signed alongside players like Berra and Lafferty than Oshinawa, Grzlak etc. I don't think 25 year old+ jouneymen will take us any further forward. Striking that balance between older heads and promising youth seems the key to securing long term success.  I'm not saying there isn't a role for journeymen in the squad but our approach to signing them over the last few years has been awful.  

Fingers crossed we can move on Sammon and Martin in the coming window. Neither have a place at this club imo and it would probably be better for their long term careers if they pissed off. Who's going to pick up an out of contract 30 something who has barely played for 3 years ? - Perhaps more true in Martins case than Sammon. 

I love that model.

John Souttar came from Dundee Utd as a talented youngster that lost his way or wasn’t progressing that much. Look at him now.

If we sell we’ll make a huge profit. Hope he stays alongside Berra. I’m sure the club are keeping an eye on the championship.

As their are some talented boys there. Get in there before the English clubs stock pile then stunted their development.

7 hours ago, Spencer said:

I agree with much of what you say bud 

You are about as popular as me on here!! 

Some just don't like the truth on here 

Popularity isn't what i've ever wanted or had. I'm no crawler and you can't be like that to be a success in football. You know like every club many people on here haven't a clue about football. Cathro was a prime example as fans with a clue knew by March he was out of his depth. Keep up posting Spencer and sod the insulters.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some of the arseholes have had a hard time today without Hearts kicking a ball

:pleasing:

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Some of the arseholes have had a hard time today without Hearts kicking a ball

:pleasing:

They will be developing semis already though at the prospect of losing to Celtic. Hopefully, they are as disappointed as they were in December.

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Rumour was we had already tied him up.

Good that he has recovered well from his injury.

Hope we don’t lose another one rumoured to be so close. 

I wonder if we put too much stock in verbal agreements?

12 minutes ago, CMc said:

Hope we don’t lose another one rumoured to be so close. 

I wonder if we put too much stock in verbal agreements?

I'd imagine we will find out once Dundee Utd are done with the play offs 

1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Signed for an undisclosed fee.

3 year deal I see looks a player look forward to seeing him develop 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

3 year deal I see looks a player look forward to seeing him develop 

He has had great reviews. Hopefully we can help him reach his potential.

3 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

He has had great reviews. Hopefully we can help him reach his potential.

The laddie Sykes at Glenavon needs tabs kept on him too but Burns is a great start 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

3 players signed now 

3 attacking players too, from negative Levein...

Famous 1874

Rumour is that Olly Lee from Luton was at the game against Hibs. Saw this on Twitter so therefore not sure how reliable it is. 26 years old (turning 27 in July) so is a good age and plays in midfield which we lack bodies in. 

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Rumour is that Olly Lee from Luton was at the game against Hibs. Saw this on Twitter so therefore not sure how reliable it is. 26 years old (turning 27 in July) so is a good age and plays in midfield which we lack bodies in. 

Theres a photo of him doing the rounds sitting beside michael o'neill.

hope he put a good word in!

7 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Son of Rob Lee of Newcastle fame, out of contract in the summer too. 

Clerry Jambo

Jon McLaughlin ready to bow out on a high with Hearts

Barry Anderson
6-8 minutes

Jon McLaughlin
Jon McLaughlin

Published: 06:30 Friday 11 May 2018

Post-derby euphoria is still coursing through the Hearts goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin. His final game at a raucous Tynecastle Park on Wednesday’s ended in victory over Hibs, and now he wants to sign off in style with another trademark clean sheet at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

McLaughlin’s contract expires this month and he is destined to return to England after only one year in his birth city, Edinburgh. It has been a historic year for the 30-year-old, who set a new club record of eight consecutive clean sheets during December and January.

One more would be the perfect ending to a season he will never forget after inscribing his name in Tynecastle annals. “It’s a part of the club’s history now. It’s the longest run without conceding a goal since Hearts have been inexistence,” said McLaughlin, speaking exclusively to the Evening News.

He is nothing if not gracious and willingly credits others for their part in the defensive success. “It’s great to have that little piece of history for myself and the rest of the group. Everyone has been a part of it and it’s a fantastic achievement. Hopefully Hearts can bring more of that for the fans next year. The support you get when you are playing well is tremendous so it would be brilliant to see them really firing next season.

“You always want as many clean sheets as you can. Jack had a couple at the start of the season. It’s been difficult in these final five games against the best teams. We hope to sign off properly with a good result at Kilmarnock but it was great to send the home fans off happy with the win against Hibs.

“We’ve had an up-and-down season. There have been some brilliant moments but we know as a group we haven’t hit the heights we know we’re capable of. On a personal note, I’ve had an absolutely brilliant year here. My self and my family have enjoyed it so much and so much has come of it. If Wednesday is to be my last home game for Hearts, it’s a great one to go out on. The place was rocking and it was great to be a part of another win against Hibs to sign off on a real positive note.”

Hearts can only feel buoyed heading to Ayrshire after shattering Hibs’ hopes of finishing second in their first campaign back in the Ladbrokes Premiership. Neil Lennon, the Easter Road club’s manager, threatened to resign late on Wednesday evening in the aftermath of his team’s 2-1 defeat.

McLaughlin felt Hearts were in control of the match and might have recorded another clean sheet but for a needlessly-conceded penalty, which was dispatched beyond him by Hibs striker Florian Kamberi.

“If they don’t get the penalty, I think we’d comfortably have got a clean sheet,” he remarked. “There were little bits and pieces to do but we were comfortable and the defence in front were in control. I think that was the only way they were going to get something out of the game. It’s frustrating when we see performances like this compared some of the others but it shows Hearts aren’t far away. If they get a few more signings in to bolster they squad, they have a bright future.

“If they start well next season, they can be at the sharp end with the other teams up there. We’ve shown we’re more than a match for the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs.”

English clubs are circling the goalkeeper and have done so since the January transfer window. He has so far resisted the temptation to commit his future to anyone. Craig Levein, the Hearts manager, has publicly said several times that Hearts cannot compete with the money on offer to McLaughlin down south, where his reputation remains strong.

The best contract Levein can offer will almost certainly not be enough to persuade the No.1 to stay at Tynecastle. When he goes, he will take a shedload of memories with him. McLaughlin’s goalkeeping feats have earned him respect and adulation from the Hearts support and he won’t forget the tributes which have come his way in Scotland.

“From day one, I’ve felt very at home here. I know this is the city where I was born and I have a lot of family up here,” he said. “That aside, as a football club, I just seemed to click with Hearts from the first minute. There wasn’t much of a bedding-in period.

“The players are a great group, the gaffer has been brilliant, Gall [Paul Gallacher] the goalie coach and all the staff likewise.

“Nights like Wednesday make you feel that you’re at a very big football club. You see the stadium and the size of the support. It’s the first time I’ve felt it when I’ve been out and about. I was at Bradford City, which is a big club, but this is the first time at a club where you’re getting recognised just walking about the city.

“People are stopping you to speak to you, so you really feel like you’re representing a very big football club. I think that’s been the most enjoyable part – feeling I was playing for a big club at a good level and doing well at the same time. At the moment, we haven’t moved on. I haven’t signed a contract anywhere else so we wait to see what happens over the summer.”

Diplomatically, he isn’t completely ruling out another season with Hearts but the smart money is on him moving. McLaughlin enjoyed spells with Bradford City and Burton Albion in the English Championship before joining the Edinburgh club last summer as a free agent.

His future will be ascertained one way or the other over the next few weeks. He knows if every option in England failed to materialise into a deal, he would still be welcomed back with open arms by everyone in Gorgie.

“It would be brilliant to still be here next season but if not, at least I’ve given a good account of myself. I can hold my head up high if I do leave. Hopefully I’ll be remembered by the fans for giving the best I could over the year. Whatever happens, this has been a thoroughly enjoyable time.”

Now that Lee has signed, it will be interesting to see what happens with Scott Fraser. 

If we could sign up Naismith and Adao, we would have Lee, Cochrane and potentially Fraser. 

That’s a decent mix of experience/known quantities v potential as well as a good grit/skill balance. 

Too greedy?

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Now that Lee has signed, it will be interesting to see what happens with Scott Fraser. 

If we could sign up Naismith and Adao, we would have Lee, Cochrane and potentially Fraser. 

That’s a decent mix of experience/known quantities v potential as well as a good grit/skill balance. 

Too greedy?

Think you've nailed it mate, maybe chuck in Charlie Adam::troll::

Deans Jambo
16 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Jon McLaughlin ready to bow out on a high with Hearts

Barry Anderson
6-8 minutes

Jon McLaughlin
Jon McLaughlin

Published: 06:30 Friday 11 May 2018

Post-derby euphoria is still coursing through the Hearts goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin. His final game at a raucous Tynecastle Park on Wednesday’s ended in victory over Hibs, and now he wants to sign off in style with another trademark clean sheet at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

McLaughlin’s contract expires this month and he is destined to return to England after only one year in his birth city, Edinburgh. It has been a historic year for the 30-year-old, who set a new club record of eight consecutive clean sheets during December and January.

One more would be the perfect ending to a season he will never forget after inscribing his name in Tynecastle annals. “It’s a part of the club’s history now. It’s the longest run without conceding a goal since Hearts have been inexistence,” said McLaughlin, speaking exclusively to the Evening News.

He is nothing if not gracious and willingly credits others for their part in the defensive success. “It’s great to have that little piece of history for myself and the rest of the group. Everyone has been a part of it and it’s a fantastic achievement. Hopefully Hearts can bring more of that for the fans next year. The support you get when you are playing well is tremendous so it would be brilliant to see them really firing next season.

“You always want as many clean sheets as you can. Jack had a couple at the start of the season. It’s been difficult in these final five games against the best teams. We hope to sign off properly with a good result at Kilmarnock but it was great to send the home fans off happy with the win against Hibs.

“We’ve had an up-and-down season. There have been some brilliant moments but we know as a group we haven’t hit the heights we know we’re capable of. On a personal note, I’ve had an absolutely brilliant year here. My self and my family have enjoyed it so much and so much has come of it. If Wednesday is to be my last home game for Hearts, it’s a great one to go out on. The place was rocking and it was great to be a part of another win against Hibs to sign off on a real positive note.”

Hearts can only feel buoyed heading to Ayrshire after shattering Hibs’ hopes of finishing second in their first campaign back in the Ladbrokes Premiership. Neil Lennon, the Easter Road club’s manager, threatened to resign late on Wednesday evening in the aftermath of his team’s 2-1 defeat.

McLaughlin felt Hearts were in control of the match and might have recorded another clean sheet but for a needlessly-conceded penalty, which was dispatched beyond him by Hibs striker Florian Kamberi.

“If they don’t get the penalty, I think we’d comfortably have got a clean sheet,” he remarked. “There were little bits and pieces to do but we were comfortable and the defence in front were in control. I think that was the only way they were going to get something out of the game. It’s frustrating when we see performances like this compared some of the others but it shows Hearts aren’t far away. If they get a few more signings in to bolster they squad, they have a bright future.

“If they start well next season, they can be at the sharp end with the other teams up there. We’ve shown we’re more than a match for the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs.”

English clubs are circling the goalkeeper and have done so since the January transfer window. He has so far resisted the temptation to commit his future to anyone. Craig Levein, the Hearts manager, has publicly said several times that Hearts cannot compete with the money on offer to McLaughlin down south, where his reputation remains strong.

The best contract Levein can offer will almost certainly not be enough to persuade the No.1 to stay at Tynecastle. When he goes, he will take a shedload of memories with him. McLaughlin’s goalkeeping feats have earned him respect and adulation from the Hearts support and he won’t forget the tributes which have come his way in Scotland.

“From day one, I’ve felt very at home here. I know this is the city where I was born and I have a lot of family up here,” he said. “That aside, as a football club, I just seemed to click with Hearts from the first minute. There wasn’t much of a bedding-in period.

“The players are a great group, the gaffer has been brilliant, Gall [Paul Gallacher] the goalie coach and all the staff likewise.

“Nights like Wednesday make you feel that you’re at a very big football club. You see the stadium and the size of the support. It’s the first time I’ve felt it when I’ve been out and about. I was at Bradford City, which is a big club, but this is the first time at a club where you’re getting recognised just walking about the city.

“People are stopping you to speak to you, so you really feel like you’re representing a very big football club. I think that’s been the most enjoyable part – feeling I was playing for a big club at a good level and doing well at the same time. At the moment, we haven’t moved on. I haven’t signed a contract anywhere else so we wait to see what happens over the summer.”

Diplomatically, he isn’t completely ruling out another season with Hearts but the smart money is on him moving. McLaughlin enjoyed spells with Bradford City and Burton Albion in the English Championship before joining the Edinburgh club last summer as a free agent.

His future will be ascertained one way or the other over the next few weeks. He knows if every option in England failed to materialise into a deal, he would still be welcomed back with open arms by everyone in Gorgie.

“It would be brilliant to still be here next season but if not, at least I’ve given a good account of myself. I can hold my head up high if I do leave. Hopefully I’ll be remembered by the fans for giving the best I could over the year. Whatever happens, this has been a thoroughly enjoyable time.”

Break the bank and get him signed up!

Calm and assuring with him at the back but also a great keeper.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Break the bank and get him signed up!

Calm and assuring with him at the back but also a great keeper.

Shouldn't break the bank for any player , live within our means and wage structure in my opinion 

rudi must stay

Lawrence Shawkland deal is off too. He's signed a new deal at Ayr

Edited by rudi must stay

31 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Lawrence Shawkland deal is off too. He's signed a new deal at Ayr

Ah well! 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Jake Mulraney to Hearts confirmed by ICT

Excellent. Talked to an Inverness fan and he was disappointed by the rumour, said he was a good player

August Landmesser

A black Irishman. The more 'traditional' elements in our support will be a sight to behold next season... 

Ps sad to see Beith go. Could have been so different for the lad but for injury. Hope he fulfils potential. Hope left on good terms just in case!!!

TheAntiHibee
39 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Excellent. Talked to an Inverness fan and he was disappointed by the rumour, said he was a good player

Not what I've heard.

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So with Lee now signed up I think that's all the ones we knew about.

Who's nixt???????????

Hopefully a higher calibre of player we have signed so far.