Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

2 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Are you satisfied with our season? The players we have signed are not going to be replacing the current ones when we’ve had a poor season. We all have our opinions and mine in that both players will be bit part players. You seemed to think they’ll be the opposite. Have you seen the play JA? 

I haven’t which pretty much sums it up too me. Hopefully CL is bulking up the squad with these signings as they are not going to give the first 11 headaches.

Opinions. 

You haven't seen them play but you're willing to condemn them.  Is that fair?.

I have seen McLean many times but Ikpeazu only on youtube.  I shall wait and see before pronouncing judgment and I suggest you do the same instead of mouthing off without substance.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

Escobar PHM
19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have seen McLean many times but Ikpeazu only on youtube.  I shall wait and see before pronouncing judgment and I suggest you do the same instead of mouthing off without substance.

Ikpeazu I haven’t seen. However he comes from a place and has a track record that suggests he’ll be in Leveins mind to be a starter. Might work big time. Might fail. As long as Lafferty hangs around we can afford an ikpeazu signing. McLean on the other hand, is a stupid and unnceccasry signing who’s arrival does the opposite of its intention. I.E. sends the wrong message to the likes of Keena, Currie and Morrison. They won’t get a chance ahead of him and that’s stunting their development not helping it. They don’t need mentors, they need a chance. We’ve signed a babysitter for kids who have been shaving for 5 years. Totally counterproductive IMO. 

Edited by Escobar PHM

Escobar PHM
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Careful what you say about Escobar. He has powerful friends here ?

None I am aware of. Pray tell my Little stalker fellah ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

24 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ikpeazu I haven’t seen. However he comes from a place and has a track record that suggests he’ll be in Leveins mind to be a starter. Might work big time. Might fail. As long as Lafferty hangs around we can afford an ikpeazu signing. McLean on the other hand, is a stupid and unnceccasry signing who’s arrival does the opposite of its intention. I.E. sends the wrong message to the likes of Keena, Currie and Morrison. They won’t get a chance ahead of him and that’s stunting their development not helping it. They don’t need mentors, they need a chance. We’ve signed a babysitter for kids who have been shaving for 5 years. Totally counterproductive IMO. 

I resist from challenging fellow Hearts supporters and certainly from being abusive towards them but how can you possibly know all that?

I think it is unlikely in the extreme that McLean will ensure that the youngsters never get a chance.

16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Really? Do you want me to tell the whole of the board what many of us know about you???

Do the Mods realise that you have this rather irritating habit of pestering people?, why not just concentrate on Hearts for a change and maybe just maybe you'll be more content with your life. 

Notts1874
3 minutes ago, Shedro said:

Do the Mods realise that you have this rather irritating habit of pestering people?, why not just concentrate on Hearts for a change and maybe just maybe you'll be more content with your life. 

Irony isn't your best friend brother ??.

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Now come on now, don't be talking that sort of sense on here.

Folk will either say hes here to play 10-15 games as a pish striker, or to coach the laddies because what they need is a pish strikers advice.

Win-win for everyone who plays us.

6 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

In Edinburgh this weekend to sign the contract. Clubs have agreed on a fee. Should be announced officially by the club soon.

Happy days 

7 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ikpeazu might work or might not.  So what's your point.?  That applies with every signing but in this case he would seem to provide a bit of pace, bulk and height so it's maybe worth a try, bearing in mind we can't afford Harry Kane

Re stifling the youngsters' progress, do know there looks like there will be reserve football next season where McLean can help bring on them on a dn secondly CL has already hinted he'll be using McLean sparingly, probably from the bench

Secondly how do you know the 3 you mentioned will be with us anyway.  We may have plans to loan them out for game time?

You seem to building all your negativity on assumptions.

soonbe110
7 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Morrison is a wide player. I doubt we shall see McLean out there. 

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Let's be clear. There's not a single poster on here, that has knowledge of any Hearts players weekly,monthly, or yearly wage.

Why we even keep discussing(speculating) it...

:lol:

The same guys mentioned love dropping in speculative nonsense like this to fuel their anti Hearts agenda. Unfortunately the hard of thinking swallow it and it becomes established fact.

I'm glad to see them getting called out for it now.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:12, Spencer said:

Problem Levein has on this is that he asked Budge to commit to this particular player on a 42 month contract 

Martin will be a higher earner in the squad. Much the same as Oshinawa. For neither to play a single minute of first team football in an entire season whilst fit and available is staggering 

There is not another club in the league who have not played one of their highest paid players in a whole season 

Some logic that. Strange times in all fairness. You are correct about highest paid players. It's like Rodwell at Sunderland in some aspects.

Lucille's Thirsty
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

MacLean couldn’t get into the Saints team and their bottom half. YouTube clips are a defining platform to judge someone’s talent. I was far from mouthing off just expressing my thoughts that these players aren’t going to pull up trees. 

Lucille's Thirsty
11 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Careful JA will not like hearing the truth. 

Mr Rabbit

Well this thread has taken a turn.

I like most people haven’t been happy with the performances this year but I’m not going to shut the bed about signings/ prospective signings until I see them.

At least we seem to be doing our business earlier this year.

5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I like most people haven’t been happy with the performances this year but I’m not going to shut the bed about signings/ prospective signings until I see them.

Precisely.  that's what sensible people will do.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Most sensible people will also wait until then before proclaiming any of these signings, or potential signings, are anything other than poor. 

Folk shouting “ANDY ROBERTSON” every time we are linked with some lower league player is not a Winning Argument either. It’s clutching at straws to extreme levels. 

16 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

MacLean couldn’t get into the Saints team and their bottom half. YouTube clips are a defining platform to judge someone’s talent. I was far from mouthing off just expressing my thoughts that these players aren’t going to pull up trees. 

I remember, not too long ago we signed another guy from St Johnstone who averaged less than 30 games with season with them, scoring only 8 goals and he didn't turn out too badly, did he?  His name was Paul Hartley.  He managed to pull up a few trees. Some players just suit some clubs and not others.

Instead of mouthing off negatively, why don't you just wait and see how they perform before condemning them.

BTW I didn't say YouTube is or isn't a defining platform.  I said that was the only time/way i had seen Ikpeazu.  Unlike you, I'll watch him first before making a meaningful judgment.

Lucille's Thirsty
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I remember, not too long ago we signed another guy from St Johnstone who averaged less than 30 games with season with them, scoring only 8 goals and he didn't turn out too badly, did he?  His name was Paul Hartley.  He managed to pull up a few trees. Some players just suit some clubs and not others.

Instead of mouthing off negatively, why don't you just wait and see how they perform before condemning them.

BTW I didn't say YouTube is or isn't a defining platform.  I said that was the only time/way i had seen Ikpeazu.  Unlike you, I'll watch him first before making a meaningful judgment.

I’m not going to judge this fella, I’m willing to give him a chance but he’s hardly a wow signing. MacLean and the ones we’ve been linked with so far I’m not having. I’m not going to wait and see what they can do only to realise that what I immediately thought has come true.  Paul Hartley and MacLean in the same sentence are you going a bit senile buddie? 

Mouthing off? OK Dad. I’m not going to give happy clappers like you the time that can’t see what’s staring in the face. Bye.

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If Spencer and Escobar believe he was earning that then it must true.  They wouldn't make things up to suit their agenda, would they?

I never stated what he was earning as I don't know 

Be careful Al 

9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I never stated what he was earning as I don't know 

Be careful Al 

I know you don't know.  You've hinted plenty though.

Mikey1874

Academies will always be limited though it might be a concern certain positions eg pacey wingers (and good defenders) seem to be lacking a bit. 

We need to sign young players from outside too. 

31 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I’m not going to judge this fella, I’m willing to give him a chance but he’s hardly a wow signing. MacLean and the ones we’ve been linked with so far I’m not having. I’m not going to wait and see what they can do only to realise that what I immediately thought has come true.  Paul Hartley and MacLean in the same sentence are you going a bit senile buddie? 

Mouthing off? OK Dad. I’m not going to give happy clappers like you the time that can’t see what’s staring in the face. Bye.

Definitely not.  My psychiatrist says I'm in good nick.

You're not going to judge this fella?! I think you already have!

I think you're backtracking a bit now that you've been pulled up and your earlier post mentioned 2 players we have not even signed.

Because someone disagrees with you, you very rudely accuse them of being senile and a happy clapper.  Total ignorance.

Lucille's Thirsty
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Definitely not.  My psychiatrist says I'm in good nick.

You're not going to judge this fella?! I think you already have!

I think you're backtracking a bit now that you've been pulled up and your earlier post mentioned 2 players we have not even signed.

Because someone disagrees with you, you very rudely accuse them of being senile and a happy clapper.  Total ignorance.

Rattled type post IMO.

tenor.gif

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

5 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Rattled type post IMO.

tenor.gif

What a poster??. Comes in here, slags off our club and our fans and then resorts to abuse when called out for talking shite. 

Lucille's Thirsty
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What a poster??. Comes in here, slags off our club and our fans and then resorts to abuse when called out for talking shite. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I know you don't know.  You've hinted plenty though.

Like I said - be careful Al 

Albert McFly

Lewis Ferguson signs for Aberdeen.....another promising Scottish midfielder passes us by!

Just now, Albert McFly said:

Lewis Ferguson signs for Aberdeen.....another promising Scottish midfielder passes us by!

Good signing that 

Jambof3tornado

Our new OAP striker scores v motherwell.

Assuming he doesnt age too much during the summer he may just do ok.

true-jambo
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And another

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Oh no it doesn't work like that on here, according to the kickback experts. He's too old so apparently it automatically makes him a crap signing.

On a more serious note, very pleased for the guy, and I'm sure he will be good backup for us (which is why he was signed)

...a bit disco

2 for MacLean. 

Past it.

Edited by ...a bit disco

skinnybob72
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

2 for MacLean. 

Past it.

Using up the last couple of goals of his career before moving to us.....

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

2 for MacLean. 

Past it.

I know

The experts told us that he was a terrible signing. 

Obviously as soon as you become 35 years of age, you aren't good enough

Really pleased he is shutting a few needless negatives right up

On 04/05/2018 at 12:44, Spencer said:

I was being sarcastic! Some of the defend Levein at all cost brigade are an utter embarrassment 

Ok sorry but you must admit my posts are outstanding.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I know

The experts told us that he was a terrible signing. 

Obviously as soon as you become 35 years of age, you aren't good enough

Really pleased he is shutting a few needless negatives right up

He is a very intelligent player. Always has been 

He will do well for us. Might teach Laff how to hold the ball up and bring others in.

I have a feeling he will score for us at Easter Road next year 

Just now, mitch41 said:

Ok sorry but you must admit my posts are outstanding.

I agree with much of what you say bud 

You are about as popular as me on here!! 

Some just don't like the truth on here 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

He is a very intelligent player. Always has been 

He will do well for us. Might teach Laff how to hold the ball up and bring others in.

I have a feeling he will score for us at Easter Road next year 

Yes mate!

Would love for us to give it tight to that mob, that they let a "pensioner" score against them

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yes mate!

Would love for us to give it tight to that mob, that they let a "pensioner" score against them

He us a good player though. A few will look a bit silly with their comments about him 

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, chico1874 said:

Hat trick for Stevie boy!

Great Signing.