Ryan Gauld

dazajmbo

Against Stmidden last season I think a televised game played one pass which was probably the best defence splitting pass I had seen for a long time. However seems  to lack confidence needs a run of games for sure.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• dazajmbo

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Bazzas right boot

Gauld not for me tbh. I still don’t really see what he has done at the age of 23 to deserve the hype he gets. 

He had a few decent games at Dundee Utd, but that was about 5/6 years ago. The fact he hasn’t had a sniff of a Scotland cap and seemed to struggle on loan at Hibs puts me off. 

1874Gorgie1874

Probably best not going for him. He doesn’t look to have improved since he left Dundee United and was awful last season 

11 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Why not both?

Withdraw our offer to Djoum and bring in Mulumbu to replace him and sign Gauld to replace Lee.

If there is room in the budget 100%, suspect we might need to let a couple leave, maybe Boz and Lee?

HillmanHearts
19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Well they are in Europe and he has history of playing well for them. 

You'd imagine that Killie would be in pole position. He felt the love as a fan's favourite, Killie are on a happy train vibe, Europe, etc. We could offer a bit more dosh but Killie would offer a longer term to counter that. ( we'd be unlikely to do a shree year deal at his age ) imo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I'd prefer we develop Connor Smith

From what I've seen to date he could use a year out on loan 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree. Not ready yet. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, heartmussel said:

I would personally prefer James Morrison,think he would compliment what we already have.

He would give me something 

13 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I'd prefer we develop Connor Smith

Can you tell us a bit about him.  Pacy?  Two footed.  Best position?  That kind of thing.

A_A wehatethehibs

Hearts fans abuse the manager endlessly about a lack of creativity, decent wingers, lack of squad depth, goals / assists and plan B’s to Naismith

“no I wouldn’t take Gauld”

”don’t want walker back”

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can you tell us a bit about him.  Pacy?  Two footed.  Best position?  That kind of thing.

Have you not watched him playing for us in the derby and at parkhead? 

Finlay James
39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes, all of the above.  He has very good vision (as demonstrated at Easter road with some lovely passing) and a great engine.  He reminds me a bit of Colin Cameron.  He will score goals for us.

I think his best position will be as an attack minded central midfielder.

I predict he will be our captain in a few years and be playing regularly for Scotland.  

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Have you not watched him playing for us in the derby and at parkhead? 

Afraid not but Finlay's summation of him is highly encouraging.

Talented, attacking midfielders are gold.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Probably best not going for him. He doesn’t look to have improved since he left Dundee United and was awful last season 

He was just mainly injured at Hibs rather than playing poorly. You could see his class when played but barely got a chance to get started.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

He was just mainly injured at Hibs rather than playing poorly. You could see his class when played but barely got a chance to get started.

Hes always injured.  That’s the issue.  Mainly because he’s never got a consistent run of games.  Dundee Utd would be ideal for him for a year, not sitting on the bench in the Premier. 

StevenNaismith

A fit and focussed Ryan Gauld would be an asset to any team in Scotland. If he’s available then I’d be disappointed if we weren’t interested in at least seeing where he is at in terms of fitness. 

I was surprised we didn’t take him before he went down the road. If we get shot of Djoum and Lee I expect us to at least make a move. CL knows the lad well. Do agree with the Connor Smith chat tho, that lad is the future nothing wrong with some rotation though, ease him in gently.

16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hes always injured.  That’s the issue.  Mainly because he’s never got a consistent run of games.  Dundee Utd would be ideal for him for a year, not sitting on the bench in the Premier. 

Could say the same about Aidy White yet it didn't stop us offering him a 2 year deal 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Could say the same about Aidy White yet it didn't stop us offering him a 2 year deal 

Of course, or the returning Walker.  Leave other teams to take gambles now and again.  Gauld on paper probably sounds a good signing, in reality he’s not worth the risk. 

Diadora Van Basten

Gauld would be a good signing but our policy appears to be very scattergun at the moment. If I was signing players then I would be looking for wide midfielders rather than someone to play behind the strikers.

Connor Smith is 17, Ryan Gauld is 23. To think that its one or the other is frankly laughable. Signing Gauld will not negatively impact the chances Smith will be afforded as part of his development. Hell, it might even enhance his development. Gaulds technical ability got him a move to a massive club in a decent league. 

With Lee going, I think we should absolutely make a move for him. Might take Gauld a bit of time but having a bit of security and time to get his mojo back will surely be a big selling point. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I dunno. I’ve seen the same of Smith as I have of Hickey and I reckon both would be better served in our squad, perhaps on the bench. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I dunno. I’ve seen the same of Smith as I have of Hickey and I reckon both would be better served in our squad, perhaps on the bench. 

Thought Smith maybe needed a bit more nous for the time being 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought Smith maybe needed a bit more nous for the time being 

Yep, but I felt he also showed enough to be part of our squad rather than a Championship team. 

50/50 call tbh