• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• dazajmbo

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Good question. You'd think Cathro / Levein would've had opportunities  to get this guy in - certainly when he went to Hibs - but never managed it for whatever reason.

As far as I could see, he didn't make anything of his chance to shine across the city, due to either being injured or ineffectual. 

Time to move on I think. 

I suspect you might be right. If Hibs don’t try to get him that tell us something. 

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Good question. You'd think Cathro / Levein would've had opportunities  to get this guy in - certainly when he went to Hibs - but never managed it for whatever reason.

As far as I could see, he didn't make anything of his chance to shine across the city, due to either being injured or ineffectual. 

Time to move on I think. 

If Lee and Djoum leave we will have a vacancy for him to fill now whereas in January we had so many CMs that Edwards couldn't get near the bench.

Whether we go for him is another matter but I don't think we were in the market when he went to Hibs.

kingantti1874

Definitely, the only issue is Naismith.. I’m sure that naisy playing in that role is the reason we didn’t take him in January. A forward line of 

washington with 

naismith

walker

gauld 

Playing in behind would do damage, with Uche, Clare, McLean, Keena, mulraney as options 

You'd have thought with Levein and Souttar in situ we'd be in a very strong position if we wanted him, as his situation is exactly what Scottish clubs (except Rangers) look for...But if we were interested i would've expected us to have been interested before now...

From what I seen of Gauld at Hibs, albeit not a great deal, he was lightweight, a bit lily livered and games generally passed him by.

PaulHartley10

Initially I'd have said no, especially with his form for the mutants, but it would be a low risk gamble. Levein knows him, Soapy is his best mate, he could learn a lot from Naismith.

I'd take him.

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd be gutted if we didn't show an interest in Gauld if he's been released 

Exactly the type of player we should be going for 

Surely we'd be appealing with Leveins history at United with Gauld 

I'm on the fence, he did nothing at hibs but injury meant he was only available for a handful of games. For me every Hearts player gets way more than that to show so I'm not sure how much to read into that.

He's a talent, but is he suited to our game? 23, no caps, didn't look particularly good at hibs - I can't help thinking he doesn't have it, but could be wrong.

Cruyff Turn

I don’t know what level he’s at these days or whether he’s good enough to play for us.

Needs to get his career back on track. 

Coming here and not getting a game wouldn’t be the best move for him. 

Cruyff Turn
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Mulumbu?

Now, he’d improve us. Him and Haring holding the fort allows us to commit men forward. 

Mulumbu over Gauld every day of the week. Both free agents. We should withdraw whatever we’ve offered Djoum and turn our attention to Mulumbu IMO.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Mulumbu over Gauld every day of the week. Both free agents. We should withdraw whatever we’ve offered Djoum and turn our attention to Mulumbu IMO.

This 100%

17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep jus been released by celtic

No idea why they signed him. Was never going to establish himself - another one just to weaken the opposition I guess?

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Spellczech said:

No idea why they signed him. Was never going to establish himself - another one just to weaken the opposition I guess?

Correct.

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm on the fence, he did nothing at hibs but injury meant he was only available for a handful of games. For me every Hearts player gets way more than that to show so I'm not sure how much to read into that.

He's a talent, but is he suited to our game? 23, no caps, didn't look particularly good at hibs - I can't help thinking he doesn't have it, but could be wrong.

Worth the risk? Under the man who brought him through at Dundee Utd? A man who could resurrect his career? 

20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

thing is wasn't he a free as he wasn't going to sign another deal at killie. maybe to prevent him going to rangers

23 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

would also bring gauld in for a trial to see if he would be an asset

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Worth the risk? Under the man who brought him through at Dundee Utd? A man who could resurrect his career? 

Gauld was 13 when Levein left Dundee United.

AlphonseCapone

Wouldn't be a transfer window on JKB without someone mentioning Gauld. Still waiting on this guy demonstrating evidence for the hype. 

55 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Mulumbu?

Pretty sure Killie would've already been in contact and offered him something . Just waited for his contract to run out with Celtic etc. They look a more attractive proposition then we do, new highly regarded manager, in Europa League Qualifiers etc. Would love him here but I'd say we'd be down the pecking order in regards to clubs he'll get offers from. 

31 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Irrespective of any other business to be done or not to be done as it may be we should withdraw our offer that's on table to djoum and release him.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You would hope so. How good is he though? ??‍♂️

Looks a bit lightweight for me dave but could be a gem if we can kick start his career and confidence 

2 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Pretty sure Killie would've already been in contact and offered him something . Just waited for his contract to run out with Celtic etc. They look a more attractive proposition then we do, new highly regarded manager, in Europa League Qualifiers etc. Would love him here but I'd say we'd be down the pecking order in regards to clubs he'll get offers from. 

His contract did not run out.  It was due to run out next Summer but Celtic exercised an option to terminate.

3 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Irrespective of any other business to be done or not to be done as it may be we should withdraw our offer that's on table to djoum and release him.

Agreed

11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Gauld was 13 when Levein left Dundee United.

But signed for united when he was 9 years old Craig is well aware of his potential, he came through with Souttar 

6 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

This 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, AW1 said:

You don't think money might be a major influence in where he ends up? ?

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

He’s already a free agent so release doesn’t come into it. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s already a free agent so release doesn’t come into it. 

That's true but we stil need to withdraw our offer or he can string us along until we do.

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Maybe, I don't honestly know if he's any good or if the papers just get a semi at the concept of a Scottish youngster playing abroad.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's true but we stil need to withdraw our offer or he can string us along until we do.

Can he?

If he’s out of contact surely our offer can be withdrawn at any point (ie - should we sign a replacement) even if he informs the club he wants to accept? 

I very much doubt any offer is legally binding. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Perhaps they have agreed a lapse date, who knows? ??‍♂️

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Can he?

If he’s out of contact surely our offer can be withdrawn at any point (ie - should we sign a replacement) even if he informs the club he wants to accept? 

I very much doubt any offer is legally binding. 

Unless there's a fixed date stated in the offer. 

heartmussel

I would personally prefer James Morrison,think he would compliment what we already have.

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless there's a fixed date stated in the offer. 

Perhaps. We’re only guessing of course but I’d be surprised if the club were left in any sort of limbo whilst he made his decision.

Maybe I’m way off but I presumed given both parties know each other it would be a case of ‘here’s what we’d offer you, x amount for x years but we can’t wait forever and we’re actively looking at other players’

I’m sure the club will have it covered. The news that Lee is being allowed to leave might add weight to that?

Edited by Whatever

48 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Most offers come with a validity period.  I suspect Hearts' has expired.  No need to withdraw as table has been returned to storeroom.

1 hour ago, AW1 said:

Well if the mighty Killie are in for him then we have no chance?

We're in a good position with Djoum imo.  Personally  I'm happy if he stays and happy if he goes.  

I know how strange that sounds but at his best he's a very good player.  I was very impressed with him in the Cup Final but many on here who see him every week are clearly frustrated with him.

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

I would personally prefer James Morrison,think he would compliment what we already have.

Has that even been muted? Hed be great, bu surely still young/ good enough to do well down south.

If its quality over quality this summer, then that's the calibre of player that we should at least be trying to get. 

The Internet
34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Well if the mighty Killie are in for him then we have no chance?

Well they are in Europe and he has history of playing well for them. 

Inch Hearts

Injury prone, played very little games, couldn’t get a game over the road = 3 year deal 6 months nowhere near the starting 11 then a loan to Dundee next season.  Mulumbu would be a much much better option. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Why not both?

Withdraw our offer to Djoum and bring in Mulumbu to replace him and sign Gauld to replace Lee.