Ryan Gauld

dazajmbo

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If Wiki is correct he has only played 23 first team games since 2014, 21 of which are on loan. 

I appreciate all players are at risk but for me, I just don't think Gauld is worth the risk. 

I still see similarities on here to how they are viewed but if that's only me then fair enough.

Having said all that, I just read that Sporting signed him for a rumoured £3 million which is an incredible amount for the age he was.  

He looked really good when he played in this league to earn his move though. Cathro was completely unproven in his role at our level while Gauld looked the nuts at our level, I don't think it's fair to dismiss him that quickly.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• dazajmbo

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Bazzas right boot

Wasn’t Gauld playing really well at this level before being picked up?

Hard to imagine he will have regressed much being around the team he has.  

Id take him in a heartbeat but I don’t think he wants to come back by the sounds of it.  Fair play to him too, I’d rather play for a team similar to our level in Portugal than Scotland :laugh:

33 minutes ago, Wilson said:

that's the whole point, highlighted.

I only know Daz through what he's posted on here in the past, and he hasn't come across as an attention seeker, to be fair. 

1 hour ago, bobo_755 said:

I had heard Levein tried to get him in January on loan but for one reason or another it didn't pull off and the plan was to go back for him in the summer?

Thats not true.

57 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If Wiki is correct he has only played 23 first team games since 2014, 21 of which are on loan. 

I appreciate all players are at risk but for me, I just don't think Gauld is worth the risk. 

I still see similarities on here to how they are viewed but if that's only me then fair enough.

Having said all that, I just read that Sporting signed him for a rumoured £3 million which is an incredible amount for the age he was.  

Wiki is not correct.  He's made 108 appearances in Portugal, the majority for Sporting B tbf but that's still their Championship level.  He's also had loan spells at two top flight clubs as well as cup appearances and a handful of appearances for Sporting first team.

He's been playing pretty regular football, has a contract til 2020 and seems to love it abroad.  There's not a hope he will be at Hearts next season IMO. Would be delighted to be proven wrong but don't think I will be.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:43, dazajmbo said:

Thats not true.

So we didn't show any interest in him in January?

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Are we interested now ?

5 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Dazajmbo....are you hearing that we've shown interest mate ?

I didn't answer the first question for a reason and wont answer the other one either. Go back to my OP and you can decide for yourself.

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

I didn't answer the first question for a reason and wont answer the other one either. Go back to my OP and you can decide for yourself.

Tease?

Who knows?

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

giphy.gif

Summer is going to be exciting! :)

GorgieRules22
11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Get over yourself mate, it was a fairly straightforward question.

21 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

...morning Mr ?......!!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I'm aware of that. As i said i'm not answering the question(s)

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, OTT said:

giphy.gif

Summer is going to be exciting! :)

Be like... the summer of 69.

43 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Be like... the summer of 69.

I'd happily 69 mrs Budge if some of the names mentioned sign for us. Just saying.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

I'd happily 69 mrs Budge if some of the names mentioned sign for us. Just saying.

Daz in season ticket renewal propaganda alert..........................

Seriously hope you're right mate

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Oh, you tease!

I would be far more surprised to find out that we weren’t looking at and speaking to some surprisingly good football players. We are in a great position to attract good players and Levein’s signings in the last two windows suggest we are looking for real quality.

Escobar PHM
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

And so its starts all over again.

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

It would have to be Messi to consider that Daz and I mean Messi the player

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I doubt we can afford too many. If that's at the expense of the squad again we may struggle 

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

And so its starts all over again.

Please explain? Is he being a “blow hard” in your opinion m8?

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He sounds Cathro levels of stubborn about making a success of it in Portugal. Cannot see him coming over here tbh.

Worst thing is he'd probably do well enough here to get a move to a decent championship side.Instead it seems like he's going to kick about the Portuguese league for an eternity 

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, OTT said:

He sounds Cathro levels of stubborn about making a success of it in Portugal. Cannot see him coming over here tbh.

Worst thing is he'd probably do well enough here to get a move to a decent championship side.Instead it seems like he's going to kick about the Portuguese league for an eternity 

Think you are a being hard on him. Think he is not being helped by Sporting but he can still establish himself in Portugal, he is only 22 so all it takes is a great season out on loan and clubs outwith Portugal who keep an eye on the league can snap him up such as Spanish clubs.

Though I do agree reading that suggests he is not looking to come back.

A_A wehatethehibs

Tbh if i had the choice between playing in Portugal and Scotland I know what I’d choose. Even if it was a choice between England and Portugal. It would be so so sweet to play in the warmer climes of continental football, with quality players all over the place but nobody trying too hard. More of a chess game than blood and thunder up here in the freezing and pishing rain. Good on the lad for sticking in. It would be fantastic for Scotland’s game if he makes a real success of it there.

But on the other hand, I Still think he deserves to be somewhere where he will play and be a key player. Not a B team or relegation strugglers over there, where there aren’t many fans or big games. His talent deserves to be on a stage, where the fans can enjoy him. Life’s too short and a football career is even shorter. Tynecastle is the perfect place for you Ryan. 

I think the value of first team football can't be overstated enough! There are exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking to succeed outside Scotland you need those 100 odd games before you head off. Paterson for example did his time in Scotland and a combination of the experience he built up and his insane work ethic allowed him to walk into Cardiffs team. 

I really want Gauld to succeed, but I think (and i'm biased as ****) playing for us for a couple of seasons would do him the world of good and allow him to get a good move down south. What else is he going to do? Swan about the Portuguese leagues for another 2/3 years and be 24/25 without having a settled run in a team?

I want him to live up to that 'mini messi' tag. He's a fantastic talent but needs to find somewhere he can play every week for a couple of years to really push on. Whats more, Aberdeen (IMO) have plateaued, Hibs will lose their midfield and the huns will probably tie up 2nd going forward. Coming to us would be the perfect balance of playing in a competitive team but not having the expectation levels of the huns or habitual failure of Hibs. 

AndyHibby thinks we're all tonto and Hibs are so far ahead of us on every level that he's frightened by it.

This outburst results from his terror that McGeouch will be a Jambo before you can say relegation party.

6 hours ago, OTT said:

Maybe not from.our point of view but otherwise good! It's refreshing to see Scottish players who don't think kicking about in the echampiomship for a few years is the be all and end all

Other than the cash it's a vastly over rated league

rick witter
On 29/03/2018 at 09:53, dazajmbo said:

I'm aware of that. As i said i'm not answering the question(s)

Well don’t bother posting then FFS. 

I like your info but if you won’t answer questions  regarding you original post then why start the thread? 

Speak to any of his fellow pro’s and they will tell you he is the most gifted, technically player they have played with. Hence the move to Portugal. I’d be delighted with this Cali bee of player in the Summer and see no risk whatsoever in attempting to make the deal 

37 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I like your info but if you won’t answer questions  regarding you original post then why start the thread? 

Not really your place to tell him to stop posting. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

The only reason I do it is to upset you.....clearly it's working?

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The only reason I do it is to upset you.....clearly it's working?

Preach on, brother!

FFS people really are brainwashed these days eh!

"Come to us and if he does well he may get picked up by an English Championship team."  Seems to be quite a common theme on this thread.  Like the English Championship is the dream for all Scottish players.

The kid is doing OK.  He's doing OK, a bit unlucky with some politics and some management changes over there but he's done fine.  He needs his shop window but why does it need to be to get in to English football?????  Drives me mental.

Even the talk about how brave it is to do what he has done - only British football talk about their players going abroad as brave.  Do we all bang on about how brave Godinho, or Milinkovic or Djoum are?  We need more guys to do what Gauld has done and should start being a norm.

I do realise money talks but as fans, why should we want him to earn loads of cash - I want him to become the best player he can.  Luckily it sounds like the kid has the same attitude for himself.

• 1 year later...
His name is

Gauld told he can leave sporting. 

He was at hibs on loan but injuries really stopped him from making a mark. 

Worth a punt? The lad obviously has talent but needs to be settled and playing. 

The Internet

Yeah worth a shot I'd say. He looked good in the little I seen of him at hibs. Wouldn't break the bank or anything though. 

4 minutes ago, His name is said:

Gauld told he can leave sporting. 

He was at hibs on loan but injuries really stopped him from making a mark. 

Worth a punt? The lad obviously has talent but needs to be settled and playing. 

I'd give him a go.

I'd be gutted if we didn't show an interest in Gauld if he's been released 

Exactly the type of player we should be going for 

Surely we'd be appealing with Leveins history at United with Gauld 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

I'd be gutted if we didn't show an interest in Gauld if he's been released 

Exactly the type of player we should be going for 

Surely we'd be appealing with Leveins history at United with Gauld 

You would hope so. How good is he though? ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You would hope so. How good is he though? ??‍♂️

Good question. You'd think Cathro / Levein would've had opportunities  to get this guy in - certainly when he went to Hibs - but never managed it for whatever reason.

As far as I could see, he didn't make anything of his chance to shine across the city, due to either being injured or ineffectual. 

Time to move on I think.