Scotland v. Costa Rica

Fitzroy Pointon

MacDonald Jardine
10 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I would certainly have Berra in the side in terms of his defensive abilities. I don't think he's the best passer of the ball which obviously has its draw backs at this level (not that the other options are much better in that regard). I still think he is highly likely to be involved. Souttra is still miles off this level in my opinion though clearly he has potential. He is thought well of evidenced by him captaining the U21's (to a truly dismal 1-1 draw with Andorra) earlier today but concentration wise and physically he's not a full international footballer yet. I think he would get badly bullied by good strikers. 

Agree about the goals and just hope with our full team playing the midfield and the likes of Paterson and Robertson's attacking threat we can find them from somewhere. 

I don't understand the clamour of some on here to get Souttar into the team now.

He's nowhere near ready and would get hung out to dry.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

McLeish will go home and pull one off after that. Complete welt who’s squad selection (never mind starting 11)  was absolutely honking. He’s typical SFA.

maroon glasses off , the fact he never picked the best centre half this season told me everything I needed to know.

berra should of been first pick. However, our gain

1 game in. But I don't think he's an improvement on Strachan, a man who's had his time in the game. A young exciting manager needed, if he wants a bigger job so what

Ricardo Shillyshally

How come Hayley has been landed with Scottish football. Is she on detention?

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Absoutely honking performance and result.  Expected nothing less with McLeish, however.

:rofl:

You don’t get irony do you?!!!

Fitzroy Pointon
14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Jobbies even.

Enough to fill a David Bowie skip 

...a bit disco
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Enough to fill a David Bowie skip 

Oi!

I liked David Bowie!

whanganui jambo

Absolute rubbish.  Team selection was dreadful.  Mulgrew is rank.  Midfield selections utter rubbish.  McLeish must go.  The sooner the better.  Pathetic appointment to appease the guid raenjirs welts at the methadone clinic in glasgow town.

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I don't understand the clamour of some on here to get Souttar into the team now.

He's nowhere near ready and would get hung out to dry.

The clamor is because people have maroon tinted specs on. You only need to read this thread to see that, there is no impartiality in terms of what they watch! Which in many ways is totally fine, they love the JT’s. But the exact same people who can see no fault in Hearts are doing their nut about Scotland and McLeish one game in and after blooding a bunch of players. The similarities in what I just witnessed and many Hearts games this season was extremely stark!! Was McLeish my first choice?  no not at all but I’ll watch the games and say it like I see it exactly as I do with Hearts. Both teams are nowhere near where we want them to be! 

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

:rofl:

You don’t get irony do you?!!!

:cornette:

Maybe you can make up some Stats to back up your point, like you always do.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

The clamor is because people have maroon tinted specs on. You only need to read this thread to see that, there is no impartiality in terms of what they watch! Which in many ways is totally fine, they love the JT’s. But the exact same people who can see no fault in Hearts are doing their nut about Scotland and McLeish one game in and after blooding a bunch of players. The similarities in what I just witnessed and many Hearts games this season was extremely stark!! Was McLeish my first choice?  no not at all but I’ll watch the games and say it like I see it exactly as I do with Hearts. Both teams are nowhere near where we want them to be! 

Fair comment. 

This will end in absolute desperation. I expect us to sink to unknown depths under McLeish.

Don’t like the man one bit but the decision to let Strachan go (without a man 100% agreed to take over) is bizarre.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

McLeish's interview was revealing just now. 

It revealed that he hasn't got a feckin Scooby.

Think he was as surprised as anyone that he got the job!!

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

2DE77ABC-AFEF-4274-A4EE-10FBE88726CC.png

Has Souttar played well this season? Yes.

Is Souttar the finished article yet? No.

Does he make mistakes? Yes.

Did Jack Hendry deserve to be ahead of him?

That is why Souttar's name is coming up in this discussion.

Hendry is a good player- but has his form justified his inclusion ahead of Souttar? No - he's in that squad because he now wears a green and white hooped shirt.

If he was still at Dundee, he'd be nowhere near the squad.

If Souttar was warming Celtic's bench, he'd be in that squad.

Looking forward to the next friendly now.  That one was brilliant.

I'd  like McGinn to start.  That would multiply the humour factor on the match thread.

heartmussel

Is Davie Provan John McGinns agent? Last 10 mins,3 fouls and a woeful cross Provan said he has settled in quickly  and made a difference.I like McGinn but previous games constantly on Patterson and Berras case, why I gave up travelling to watch Scotland,jobs for the boys on and off the park.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

DA4B4CD1-22DB-477D-9C40-E43DA356041B.jpeg

Don't tell me she does the football? She looks like a "friend" of Trumpy.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Highways and Byways said:

This will end in absolute desperation. I expect us to sink to unknown depths under McLeish.

Don’t like the man one bit but the decision to let Strachan go (without a man 100% agreed to take over) is bizarre.

We'll see.

I don't particularly like McLeish but his strength in previous managerial roles has been getting the best out of teams others have built.

If he retains the core of Strachan's team I think he'll get more out of them.

It's when he tries to build his own team he fails, although as Scotland manager his options are limited.

even worse, our U21s scraped a last minute equaliser against Andorra, a country about half the size of Gorgie....

Just now, heartmussel said:

Is Davie Provan John McGinns agent? Last 10 mins,3 fouls and a woeful cross Provan said he has settled in quickly  and made a difference.I like McGinn but previous games constantly on Patterson and Berras case, why I gave up travelling to watch Scotland,jobs for the boys on and off the park.

Davie Provan . Somebody even the late great Steven Hawkins would never be able to justify 

19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We’ll probably get humped by Mercury in the playoff.

Could  be worse we might have got Uranus in stead. :look:

Ricardo Shillyshally
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What needs to improve Alex?

Eh, score a goal and not lose one.

Insightful stuff

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

Maybe you can make up some Stats to back up your point, like you always do.

:rofl: you don’t know what irony means do you?! Glad you are prepared to admit “I back up my points”, you are quite correct I do. I call a spade a spade and tonight’s Scotland performance mirrored most of Hearts this season. Neither acceptable but hilarious that on one hand you can defend the indefensible and on the other give no leeway. That’s hypocrisy my man, not that I expect you to know what that means either! 

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Oooooooft.

I may well have to re subscribe to SKYsports. 

You can see her pussy in this one

:oohmatron:

1386AF78-F87E-438D-9740-DA1B303C5CF8.png

lauriesrank

Wasn't gonna bother touching this thread, but some good comedy in it, said it at the start, costa rica far too overpriced (didn't back it, skint,) however, where on earth does mcleish get his ideas for players from??!?!?  I understand it'sprobably better for Hearts that Berra didn't play, and possibly even soapy, irrespective of that, it's just the same rubbish, play for either of the bigots (unless you greet, so you get a day off) or in england (and it doesn't matter if it's the premier league or the beazer homes ladies volleyball under 13s) and you'll get a call-up, it's imbecilic at best!!

JObs for the boys is an ongoing problem, however, jobs for the randoms whose budgie flew over scotland once on their way home to Iceland is a HUGE problem.  Utterly clueless, it's a friendly, where were all the young up and coming players?????????????????????????????  Nope, matt ritchie (needs no more explanation as he's pish), mulgrew, who plays in the above league (beazer homes ladies) hanley, who can't play fitbaw, tom cairney, who is actually english BTW, and more mince.

Edit:  and Kevin Mcdonald... who's... 30?? ish..

9 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Has Souttar played well this season? Yes.

Is Souttar the finished article yet? No.

Does he make mistakes? Yes.

Did Jack Hendry deserve to be ahead of him?

That is why Souttar's name is coming up in this discussion.

Hendry is a good player- but has his form justified his inclusion ahead of Souttar? No - he's in that squad because he now wears a green and white hooped shirt.

If he was still at Dundee, he'd be nowhere near the squad.

If Souttar was warming Celtic's bench, he'd be in that squad.

Or maybe it was felt Souttar would be far better served playing 90 minutes and captaining the U21 side in a competitive Euro qualifier.....?! 

Scotland 0 - 1 Costa Rica 

SHOCKEROONIE!!!!

We were ****ed the moment Charlie Mulgrew walked onto the pitch at Hampdump. Never a footballer!

And Mcleish has the nerve not to call up Berra?!?!

More years of mediocre national team shite led by yet another ex OF ‘past it’ manager.

No ideas

No belief

No quality

No tournaments

Just another sfa fcuk up!

glynnlondon
10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

hqdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Utter Shite.

The reality is the players aren't EPL standard or a video game.

The reality is, that's the best players we have currently in the country and boring regurgitating drivel merchants like yourself think they know how to get us winning 5 nil every week. It's not going to happen anytime soon.

Fortunatly at Hearts we seem to be producing some decent talent to give us something to look forward to. Us Hearts supporters, not your type obviously.

There was some excellent young talent on show for Scotland tonight. Not a good team performance and we are woefully short in some areas but it just proves your general ignorance if you couldn’t see that. That you have defended inept Hearts displays numerous times this season, against all evidence and results and are on here slaughtering a Scotland side out together with 4 debutants for a nothing friendly says it all.  

12 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No one Is getting my anus!

:bolt:

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

She’s very active on Instagram. Quite weird at times.

A selfie stick though...

:getout:

You would though, wouldn’t you? Admit it.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anyway, another game Tuesday 

Better level for us v Hungary 

Wonder what the team will be

What do you mean by better level? Do you mean they're as bad as us (surely not) or significantly better than Costa Rica.  If it's the latter I'm genuinely scared.

TyphoonJambo

For the record, I would love to be her selfie stick.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

What do you mean by better level? Do you mean they're as bad as us (surely not) or significantly better than Costa Rica.  If it's the latter I'm genuinely scared.

Hungary beat Costa Rica in November.

But have just lost at home to Kazakhstan.

What that all says about Scotland I don’t know.

?

No!!!!  Just read that Gavin Hastings son Adam just scored 8 goals for Glasgow Warriors.

Maybe he's the answer.

Unknown user
59 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Any positives that anyone can take from tonight?

I'm really enjoying this White Russian

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There were four tits on display tonight.

Hayley's  plus Kris Boyd and Barry Ferguson.

That’s being rather kind to Boyd and Ferguson. More of the ****** variety these 2 ?

24 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Is that a onesie or a twosie? Either way I'm up for it as long as the cats put out!!

Ricardo Shillyshally
28 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

And her camel tae

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Is that a onesie or a twosie? Either way I'm up for it as long as the cats put out!!

I’m with you Dannie Boy,  Pussie oot, what do we want? Pussie out, when do we want? NOW!

Archived