Scotland v. Costa Rica

Fitzroy Pointon

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I’m with you Dannie Boy,  Pussie oot, what do we want? Pussie out, when do we want? NOW!

The pussie can stay but the cat on the other hand......

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

The pussie can stay but the cat on the other hand......

A cat in the hand is worth a bush or two

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

And her camel tae

Feed the camel, 

7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Did the SFA select lose with a swagger?

Pure dead gallus. 

HeartofHartley
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

McLeish will go home and pull one off after that. Complete welt who’s squad selection (never mind starting 11)  was absolutely honking. He’s typical SFA.

maroon glasses off , the fact he never picked the best centre half this season told me everything I needed to know.

berra should of been first pick. However, our gain

Berra/Souttar aside what was wrong with the overall squad??

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Cummings, Hanley, Martin, 3 left backs, no right back. That’s just off the top of my head without seeing the guys I’ve never seen play before so don’t know if they’re pish or not. And would have made sense to give one of the other keepers a chance - maybe on Tuesday?

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Cummings, Hanley, Martin, 3 left backs, no right back. That’s just off the top of my head without seeing the guys I’ve never seen play before so don’t know if they’re pish or not. And would have made sense to give one of the other keepers a chance - maybe on Tuesday?

Patterson played at right back. I see nothing wrong with that.

7 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

The starting 11 ? Maybe ?

Looking at that starting line-up and couldn't help but think (now bare with me as I rarely take an interest in the national side)...

Is that the worst Scottish 11 in my lifetime? Born '88. Folk who follow Scotland more will be able to offer their opinion. 

HeartofHartley
19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Who would you have picked over Cummings and what right back? 

21 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What was the crowd tonight?

And not publicised by the SFA 

HeartofHartley
16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The starting 11 ? Maybe ?

How? We lost, yes but apart from Hanley the starting 11 was fine. 

HeartofHartley

Why are people losing their sh1t over a friendly where we have been crying out for players to get game time rather than the same old dross?? 

Who cares about the result in a friendly it's about seeing different players. Apart from Hanley, the rest can have a part to play if the right tactics are in place. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So basically Edinburgh or Aberdeen would've been more appropriate.

Hampden is shite for these sort of games.

Just now, HeartofHartley said:

How? We lost, yes but apart from Hanley the starting 11 was fine. 

Everyone has their own opinion granted.  Given the result I’d say yours wasn’t correct but fair enough. It’s late and I can’t be arsed getting into this as I really don’t care enough to argue

14 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Looking at that starting line-up and couldn't help but think (now bare with me as I rarely take an interest in the national side)...

Is that the worst Scottish 11 in my lifetime? Born '88. Folk who follow Scotland more will be able to offer their opinion. 

Mate , I was born in 1971 and it’s not the worst but not far from it.  I think to be fair the oppositions progressed a lot more than we have. Strapon would of won that tonight and trust me I cannae stand that wee welt

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

DA4B4CD1-22DB-477D-9C40-E43DA356041B.jpeg

95C7455C-7CCD-4124-9678-CEE9E6795D5F.jpeg

She makes the point for playing two up front eek.

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

:rofl: you don’t know what irony means do you?! Glad you are prepared to admit “I back up my points”, you are quite correct I do. I call a spade a spade and tonight’s Scotland performance mirrored most of Hearts this season. Neither acceptable but hilarious that on one hand you can defend the indefensible and on the other give no leeway. That’s hypocrisy my man, not that I expect you to know what that means either! 

Why does evry thread lose its fun factor and become the Hendricks moment. Maybe the maroon tinted glasses comments fair the rest isnt. Were not ripping up a core of a team refusing to select one of the POTY in Scotland and playing players who shouldn’t be near the team rather than ignore others. We might of blooded youngsters as we had no pther choice. Theyve developed. Some we have tried and theyve been unable to play to a level we need them (Irving , Zanatta , Henderson etc) they need to develop more.

Scotland on the other hand are an absolute shambles from top to bottom on and off the pitch.

You might get pissy about Hearts and at times there is fair comment to it but there have been positives this year and a structure is in place designed to move us fwd. 

This is not the case with Scotland , there doesn’t even feel like 60 seconds of joy in a game they play at the moment. 

Were going to remain in the wilderness until someone has the balls to clean out the SFA and the jobs for the boys and then build for the future. 

Hanley is a player who shouldnt be near the team. Berra or Mulgrew alongside Souttar or McKenna (maybe even Hanlon) would be building toward the future. 

Think about it logically and focus on Scotland in a Scotland thread not your undeniably need to belittle the club you claim to love

For Hungary 

McLaughlin

Paterson

Douglas

McKenna

Mulgrew

McTominay 

McGinn

McLean

Christie

Forrest

Cummings 

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mate , I was born in 1971 and it’s not the worst but not far from it.  I think to be fair the oppositions progressed a lot more than we have. Strapon would of won that tonight and trust me I cannae stand that wee welt

My opinion also

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why does evry thread lose its fun factor and become the Hendricks moment. Maybe the maroon tinted glasses comments fair the rest isnt. Were not ripping up a core of a team refusing to select one of the POTY in Scotland and playing players who shouldn’t be near the team rather than ignore others. We might of blooded youngsters as we had no pther choice. Theyve developed. Some we have tried and theyve been unable to play to a level we need them (Irving , Zanatta , Henderson etc) they need to develop more.

Scotland on the other hand are an absolute shambles from top to bottom on and off the pitch.

You might get pissy about Hearts and at times there is fair comment to it but there have been positives this year and a structure is in place designed to move us fwd. 

This is not the case with Scotland , there doesn’t even feel like 60 seconds of joy in a game they play at the moment. 

Were going to remain in the wilderness until someone has the balls to clean out the SFA and the jobs for the boys and then build for the future. 

Hanley is a player who shouldnt be near the team. Berra or Mulgrew alongside Souttar or McKenna (maybe even Hanlon) would be building toward the future. 

Think about it logically and focus on Scotland in a Scotland thread not your undeniably need to belittle the club you claim to love

Completely delusional and that you can’t see the irony of your comments just shows how entrenched your views are. Glad you got it out your system though :rolleyes: 

For the record I wasn’t “belittling” Hearts, just the hypocrisy of some of the  numpties who were slaughtering Scotland given their ludicrous defence of everything Hearts. 

Have a good night. 

SpruceBringsteen

Sounds like this went about as well as I expected. :lol:

Sack McLeish now and get the Celtic man in next. McGhee a nap. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Completely delusional and that you can’t see the irony of your comments just shows how entrenched your views are. Glad you got it out your system though :rolleyes: 

For the record I wasn’t “belittling” Hearts, just the hypocrisy of some of the  numpties who were slaughtering Scotland given their ludicrous defence of everything Hearts. 

Have a good night. 

Feel free to point out the irony and how im delussional and my views are entrenched. 

i explained why my view is different to you. Hearts and Scotland are seperate entities you as always turn a debate into a crucifixion of the club. The apathu as regards Scotland hasnt built up in 3 years. Its been 20years with no progression , no sign of sorting it out. Off the field Scotland are a joke. Hearts are very much progressive off the pitch. We are building for the future , what are Scotland doing? That first half was devoid of passion. Even when weve been a turgid watch weve had some passion. Cummings hasnt done much since going to Rangers certainly doesnt look like the future of Scotland. Hanley most definately isnt , Russell Martin etc. Its chronic.

Hearts is painful on the pitch just but theres positives. There isnt at the SFA or with the Scotland team. 

The SFA couldn’t even look outside there own wee world to bring in someone or even approach someone like Clarke.

As I said rather than compare Hearts n Scotland focus on Scotland. 

24 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Sounds like this went about as well as I expected. :lol:

Sack McLeish now and get the Celtic man in next. McGhee a nap. :laugh:

???

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, HeartofHartley said:

Why are people losing their sh1t over a friendly where we have been crying out for players to get game time rather than the same old dross?? 

Who cares about the result in a friendly it's about seeing different players. Apart from Hanley, the rest can have a part to play if the right tactics are in place. 

Perhaps because of the same old dross manager and same old dross players?

Cruyff Turn

I hope Hungary destroy us, seriously. The quicker McLeish ****s off he better. The SFA blazers won't be able to continue if this one goes down hill quickly. 

Get the whole lot of them to feck, more corrupt than the Greek FA ffs. 

HeartofHartley
23 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Could say the same about Hearts tbh. I'm pretty sure you haven't seen most of the Scotland 11 from tonight play regularly at club level. 

3 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

:laugh: wait, you are serious. ****ing hilarious. And you aren’t stupid like some of them either. Incredible hypocrisy. It’s difficult to comprehend how ridiculous that comment is given your defence of Craig Levein. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Feel free to point out the irony and how im delussional and my views are entrenched. 

i explained why my view is different to you. Hearts and Scotland are seperate entities you as always turn a debate into a crucifixion of the club. The apathu as regards Scotland hasnt built up in 3 years. Its been 20years with no progression , no sign of sorting it out. Off the field Scotland are a joke. Hearts are very much progressive off the pitch. We are building for the future , what are Scotland doing? That first half was devoid of passion. Even when weve been a turgid watch weve had some passion. Cummings hasnt done much since going to Rangers certainly doesnt look like the future of Scotland. Hanley most definately isnt , Russell Martin etc. Its chronic.

Hearts is painful on the pitch just but theres positives. There isnt at the SFA or with the Scotland team. 

The SFA couldn’t even look outside there own wee world to bring in someone or even approach someone like Clarke.

As I said rather than compare Hearts n Scotland focus on Scotland. 

So so so delusional. Hearts aren’t in the least bit “progressive” though I know you’ve been told to believe that and have fallen for it. Hearts are the absolute perfect example why Scottish football is shite and we have the epitome of Scottish football failure in charge of everything football!! It’s truly amazing we have people like you slaughtering Scotland tonight and at the same time defending the managerial career of Levein who was a miles worse Scotland manager than McLeish and has achieved way less in every aspect of his footballing life both as player and manager! There is not even anything you could say that would justify the ridiculous stance and that would make an ounce of sense. That isn’t to say I think McLeish is the right choice for Scotland or will bring us success but this thread is the perfect example as to the cluelessness of individuals who believe anything they are told by those in charge of our club. You are like lemmings and the irony and total hypocrisy in this thread is phenomenal. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Last 2 posters truly tedious.

Have another drink Doug. Maybe then it will make sense.

The Internet
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

For Hungary 

McLaughlin

Paterson

Douglas

McKenna

Mulgrew

McTominay 

McGinn

McLean

Christie

Forrest

Cummings 

We're on the right track to having a full 11 of McPlayers. Like the good old days.

5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I hope Hungary destroy us, seriously. The quicker McLeish ****s off he better. The SFA blazers won't be able to continue if this one goes down hill quickly. 

For the 5 minutes I attempted to watch the game I spotted the flamboyant Craig Brown sooking up Mourhino.

Maybe he's waiting on the nod from Sir Eck for when it goes pear shaped he'll get on the blower to Matt Elliot and Colin Hendry. When all else fails get the old guard back in. It's the Scotland way. :ninja:

A_A wehatethehibs

Wonder if it may have been a big moment for John Souttar in the last week. Scores his first goal for Hearts and watches his first Scotland game where I think he could justifiably feel aggrieved not to be in the squad - to get 28 youth caps and see a couple of pricks from man united and Celtic parachuted in the squad will maybe add a drop more of that anger to his game, which you need to play as an international centre half. 

He is a better player than Grant Hanley as of right now, without any shadow of a doubt. I don’t care how Hanley plays for his club, when he pulls a Scotland shirt on he looks like a Brechin city or Cowdenbeath player. 

The bottom line is, for last 20 years the various managers in place have tried and tested different methods and have all failed. Berti, Burley & Levein were all considered as being outwith the "jobs for the boys club" and they were all disasters. At some point the players themselves need to ask if they are not interested in playing in a World Cup etc.

I suspect their not all that bothered.

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Have another drink Doug. Maybe then it will make sense.

What a patronising fella you are.

As for the suggestion that Hearts aren't progressive. Not sure what you are looking for but the idea that we aren't forward thinking is nonsense . You genuinely seem obsessed. 

BobbyJenkins
2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

So so so delusional. Hearts aren’t in the least bit “progressive” though I know you’ve been told to believe that and have fallen for it. Hearts are the absolute perfect example why Scottish football is shite and we have the epitome of Scottish football failure in charge of everything football!! It’s truly amazing we have people like you slaughtering Scotland tonight and at the same time defending the managerial career of Levein who was a miles worse Scotland manager than McLeish and has achieved way less in every aspect of his footballing life both as player and manager! There is not even anything you could say that would justify the ridiculous stance and that would make an ounce of sense. That isn’t to say I think McLeish is the right choice for Scotland or will bring us success but this thread is the perfect example as to the cluelessness of individuals who believe anything they are told by those in charge of our club. You are like lemmings and the irony and total hypocrisy in this thread is phenomenal. 

You don’t half slaver some pish. What a ****ing bore man.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

For the 5 minutes I attempted to watch the game I spotted the flamboyant Craig Brown sooking up Mourhino.

Maybe he's waiting on the nod from Sir Eck for when it goes pear shaped he'll get on the blower to Matt Elliot and Colin Hendry. When all else fails get the old guard back in. It's the Scotland way. :ninja:

The last man to get us to a Euro Championships and a World Cup. Imagine the uproar if he was considered ahead of Alky McLeish. 

Actually frightening how much we have regressed since Brown was in charge. Even in his last campaign he had us in the play offs where we only just lost to a brilliant England side. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

The seethe is strong here. Who do you hate most? Levein, Hearts or our fans?

1 hour ago, VALDOS said:

The bottom line is, for last 20 years the various managers in place have tried and tested different methods and have all failed. Berti, Burley & Levein were all considered as being outwith the "jobs for the boys club" and they were all disasters. At some point the players themselves need to ask if they are not interested in playing in a World Cup etc.

I suspect their not all that bothered.

I reckon if Berti and Levein given more time would have turned things round. They wanted to change things from youth up and this needed two to three campaigns but they got hounded out. 

Mcelish and smith actually reaped the rewards from Berti's good work. 

10 hours ago, Hendricks said:

:rofl: you don’t know what irony means do you?! Glad you are prepared to admit “I back up my points”, you are quite correct I do. I call a spade a spade and tonight’s Scotland performance mirrored most of Hearts this season. Neither acceptable but hilarious that on one hand you can defend the indefensible and on the other give no leeway. That’s hypocrisy my man, not that I expect you to know what that means either! 

Unlike you I take decisive action instead of procrastinating on here.

Our entire group did not renew our SSC memberships and won't be back to Scotland games any time soon.

The difference with Scotland and Hearts is that we have seen demonstratable progress under Levein.  Last night was a shambles and a massive step backwards.

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Unlike you I take decisive action instead of procrastinating on here.

Our entire group did not renew our SSC memberships and won't be back to Scotland games any time soon.

The difference with Scotland and Hearts is that we have seen demonstratable progress under Levein.  Last night was a shambles and a massive step backwards.

Well said. No point arguing with this troll though. Just put him on ignore 

132goals1958
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

And not publicised by the SFA 

How many freebies were in that 

Surprise surprise. Visit a thread to see what others thought about the team last night and it has been taken over by a rant at Levein and Hearts!!

I am not at all convinced by McLeish who is over the hill. One or two individual decent performances but the back three looked like a couple of donkeys with a third tier player sweeping up behind them. Players from the English championship were less impressive (hate to admit it) than the Celtic subbies. Time will tell and the manager needs to appraise what options he has though.

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Spot on. 100%

the only thing that would stick in the throat would be that prick would get a payout for being a useless Judas wank

Archived