New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

SpruceBringsteen
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He hates the ****ing Jews was the line I heard. 

?

So do Celtic fans. Odd the young lads are into that tbh. Wee link up with the Green Brigade maybe?

:interehjrling:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

What would be wrong with 'He hates to ****ing lose' ?

It's not complicated.

He hates to ****ing lose? But not as much as Jews? 

...a bit disco
Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

My bad.

Whoops.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Edited by Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

He really hates the Judean People’s Front. I think that’s what the whole Graeme Hogg thing was about.

Hard to shoehorn that one in though.

Totally justified, ****ing splitters. 

Ignore the empty comment above, quoted the wrong post and couldn't delete it. Bloody gin. 

Ohh Budgie Saiiiid

You better sort out Cathros mess

Ohhhh words cant describe

How much he loves the Maroon and White

Defence is fine

We’re scoring belters all the time

He hates the White & Green

He’s f****** Craig Levein

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I agree with most of what u are saying mate and there is no need for the sectarian or bigoted stuff but the fact of it Is we have always had a small minority that has been that way inclined and I don't think we will ever lose it however back to the signing section I do believe they have come in for alot of unfair criticism at times and it's not always been them that has been the culprits and it only adds more fuel to the fire for people on here to bitch and moan about.

Problem is being officially affiliated with the club you cant do it and when its been coming out people have said go and distance yourselves from the people singing it or say we do not agree with tis and we wont be singing it but @HMFCSSO said they can’t do that its not that simple. That then implies they are either the ones doing it or are happy to be associated with it which brings extra criticism and opens them up to being labelled as something they may or not be.

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Quite enjoyed being in the middle of them today. Very noisy and atmospheric. The vast majority of the songs were original and witty.

However, as a left fitter, I’m glad I developed a thick skin following Hearts in the 80’s cos that’s where we were back to at times today, and not just cos that’s where most of the tunes were from. 

Edinburgh is wonderful? Never thought I’d hear that ditty again.

Guy pretty much shouting in my face at halftime (the reason he was facing away from pitch) how much “we” hate Catholics. Aaron Hughes hates Jews??? FFS!

I’m just going to laugh and live and let live, they can’t and won’t be telt.

The Aaron Hughes song was sung at the match?

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I agree with most of what u are saying mate and there is no need for the sectarian or bigoted stuff but the fact of it Is we have always had a small minority that has been that way inclined and I don't think we will ever lose it however back to the signing section I do believe they have come in for alot of unfair criticism at times and it's not always been them that has been the culprits and it only adds more fuel to the fire for people on here to bitch and moan about.

I agree.  Was the Aaron Hughes song even sung at the game today, or was it just a bunch of fuds singing in a mini bus posted on twitter?

I wasn't at the game, so can only go by comments on here from fans who made the journey, but it appears that attempts to start singing about fenian blood didn't gain much traction and quickly died out.  If that is the case then it's an encouraging sign.  There are always going to be some in our support who think sectarian nonsense is acceptable, but hopefully the singing section will distance itself from that sort of stuff and, ideally, start to drown that pish out with their own songs.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

You were filming fellow fans?

Ligheten up folks only having a bit of fun ffs 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Ligheten up folks only having a bit of fun ffs 

A bit of fun filming or a bit of fun lying about filming?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
20 minutes ago, Homme said:

Aaron Hughes I’m sure will be mortified by such mindlessness.

Are you friends? 

Listened to the game on the radio and all you could hear was Hearts fans. Very impressive throughout the game. Levein made positive comments about the “singing section” after the game on radio interview. Hearts have badly needed this. 

5 hours ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Why post twice were you getting excited 

Plenty.

29 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

The Aaron Hughes song was sung at the match?

Afraid so. Only once that I noticed and it was only about half a dozen lads who seemed to be ad-libbing. Can see shit like that landing us in bother if it doesn’t stop so here’s hoping it doesn’t catch on.

Just now, henry said:

Listened to the game on the radio and all you could hear was Hearts fans. Very impressive throughout the game. Levein made positive comments about the “singing section” after the game on radio interview. Hearts have badly needed this. 

See this is the kind of stuff I want to see about the support. I really really dont want that video on twitter to involve the core of  the group because I totally agree we 100% need a big noisy crowd to rile up the opposition and spur the team on.

Go close to the bone but leave the really disgracefull stuff in the past or it will ruin a really great thing before it takes off

Anyone singing the "Oh Edinburgh is Wonderful" song is a racist scumbag. It's a shame we still have such people supporting our club. 

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Afraid so. Only once that I noticed and it was only about half a dozen lads who seemed to be ad-libbing. Can see shit like that landing us in bother if it doesn’t stop so here’s hoping it doesn’t catch on.

Was hoping it was just in that minibus. Disappointing to hear it was also sung at the match ?

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Anyone singing the "Oh Edinburgh is Wonderful" song is a racist scumbag. It's a shame we still have such people supporting our club. 

Indeed. Better update the list from earlier, and add Pakistanis to it now too.

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

The irony being this team that is doing so well on the park draws players from a wide variety of ethnic, political, religious and racial backgrounds.  That song needs discarded for good

Jambof3tornado

Cant believe the section has taken a turn for the worst before they have even taken their own seats at tynecastle.

2 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Think it’s also worth pointing out that the atmosphere would have been excellent today regardless of the existence of any singing section. Our away fans are always in tremendous voice at any away games I’ve been to, especially when we’re on a good run of form.

I would say the atmosphere was good despite the bigots

56 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Ohh Budgie Saiiiid

Defence is fine

:clyay:

That is magnificent.

Edited by JME

Viva Craig Levein,

Viva Craig Levein,

He hates the H1b5,

And the other green,

Viva Craig Levein.

All royalties to my Bank A/C......Sort Code 80-18-74 Account No 19052012;)

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I would say the atmosphere was good despite the bigots

It will be even better once they’re gone ??

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

It will be even better once they’re gone ??

I hope they stick around, clean up their songbook a bit, and continue to back the team and put money into the club for a good few years yet. 

Alex Kintner

Wonder what the current/future employers of all those easily identifiable on that video and making bigoted posts on Twitter will make of it. ? 

Or are we to assume McDonald’s won’t really care?

Alex Kintner
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I hope they stick around, clean up their songbook a bit, and continue to back the team and put money into the club for a good few years yet. 

That would be preferential. Chances of it happening are extremely unlikely.

8 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Wonder what the current/future employers of all those easily identifiable on that video and making bigoted posts on Twitter will make of it. ? 

Or are we to assume McDonald’s won’t really care?

Bit snobby no? I agree with the anti-bigotry but lets not bash minimum wage working class people

• Moderators

A number of posts from this thread have been removed and some warnings are about to be given.

Please do not abuse other members or encourage sectarian singing. If people are being abusive, report the post rather than responding in kind.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Bit snobby no? I agree with the anti-bigotry but lets not bash minimum wage working class people

I’m suggesting that’s the only level of job that will be left for them as most employers do their due diligence on potential employees. You’re not going to get any decent salaried job when your twitter profile openly shows you to be engaging in religious hatred.

Edited by Frank1874

8 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

That would be preferential. Chances of it happening are extremely unlikely.

Bit vague, Frank.

You don't think they will be around or they will ?

I'll answer it for you...they will.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

I'm sorry but there is no way at all to know these people are part of the singing section. At away games there is no way to say who is or is not part of said section.

Only at home games will we and Hearts be able to see and hear what the actual group is doing with any certainty. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, JKBMod 5 said:

A number of posts from this thread have been removed and some warnings are about to be given.

Please do not abuse other members or encourage sectarian singing. If people are being abusive, report the post rather than responding in kind.

I think the posts tonight were all good humoured, they were mocking the idiots rather than encouraging them. 

That's how I read them.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Bit vague, Frank.

You don't think they will be around or they will ?

I'll answer it for you...they will.

I’d prefer us to have a successful official singing section with no religious or political hatred and no pyrotechnics. Do I think it will happen? No. Too many seem determined to take it in another direction and they don’t even seem to have the smarts not to advertise their faux-pas all over social media.

Posting a video of you and your mates singing about hating Jews :facepalm:

The official singing section retweeting the video

:facepalm:

Doesn’t take an astrophysicist to work out that this is going pearshaped very quickly. Firstly the “official” part will be removed by the club and then individuals will be identified and dealt with.

All in all it’s a real shame as it’s 100% a lost opportunity and I don’t doubt there’s probably quite a few lads in there who genuinely just want to sing and support their team without all the nonsense.

I want them to have decent time to get their act together

However the club needs to be proactive as well in conjunction with their organisers.

Info needs to be collected about those who step out of line and bans issued.......I know it won't be easy but many of those involved are too thick to understand they can be spotted and once spotted action taken

Buzz Killington
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Ohh Budgie Saiiiid

Defence is fine

Love that

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

It’s really bizarre this, it isn’t complicated,...come up with a song that doesn’t bring in irrelevant Irish politics or be anti-Semitic or racist!

It’s almost as though the reaction in the last few weeks has galvanized some of them. They can come out with “we hate JKB” chat instead of actually responding to criticism but their behavior will only result in bans for individuals or the breaking up of the singing section. So the irony is that their moronic behavior could lead to Tynie being like a morgue again. 

The vast majority of Hearts fans are behind the idea of there being better atmosphere at games, home and away, but it can be done without bringing in deplorable bigotry. The anti-catholic stuff is tiresome and offensive to many Hearts fans who are catholic. Never mind that our debutant today was Irish (and very highly likely to come from such a background). And WTF does the anti-Semitic chat come from?? 

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

There's only one Craig Levein, 

Only one Craig Levein, 

He hates the Queen, 

Finds her entitlement obscene, 

Walking in a Levein wonderland. 

Harder than it looks this chant business. 

That's a banger. I'm in.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

This.

Decent atmosphere today. Sitting a decent distance away i didn’t hear anything dodgy. Some people want them to fail however 

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This.

Exactly I think thats what 80% of the support want 15% are the ones who enjoy that side or have jumped on the bandwagon of the stuff thats on the edge and 5% are just moaning shites 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

But ken he’s fine

With Palestine

Knowing Ikpeazu... ahah,

There is nothing he can’t do,

Knowing Ikpeazu... ahah,

Set’s up lots of goals and he scores them too,

Playing up front is so easy for him, cos he’s 8ft 2!

And he’ll win us the league, knowing Ikpeazu!

We're the boys in maroon we're the talk o the toon we're the Gorgie boys and we love it

you can take your safe space and shove it

We're the boys in maroon we're the talk o the toon we're the Gorgie boys and we love it

cause.......we're...... the....... boys in maroon we're the talk o the toon we're the Gorgie boys and we love it 

you can take your safe space and shove it

we're the boys in maroon we're the talk o the toon, we're the Gorgie boys and we love it

repeat

5 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Think it’s also worth pointing out that the atmosphere would have been excellent today regardless of the existence of any singing section. Our away fans are always in tremendous voice at any away games I’ve been to, especially when we’re on a good run of form.

Not even close to what they brought today, they are going to grow in my opinion and I hope they do, it's about time 

• davemclaren locked this topic