• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

All about opinions and my opinion was that he was absolute shit

Come on Nucky, you know he wasn’t that good :laugh:

25 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

He was the best left back we've had since Danny Grainger left.

Some people on here were obsessed with him playing right back, despite the fact hes only done so as cover (like Brandon has done at LB). He was immeasurable better than Sowah, so no wonder he left a little bit brassed off. 

This is a reasonable signing for Hibs.

McHattie and Eckersley both better by a mile.  He’d come 3rd on a list of post-Grainger left backs

1. Eckersley

2. McHattie

3. Rherras

4. Osh

5. Sowah

He was ok but no more. Did he not fall out with the genius Cathro ? Pretty sure after he saved about 3 on the line v Dundee he never played again ? 

1 minute ago, j1964m said:

Made a few goal line clearance for us if I remember right

be funny if he did the same for us again :laugh:

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

McHattie and Eckersley both better by a mile.  He’d come 3rd on a list of post-Grainger left backs

1. Eckersley

2. McHattie

3. Rherras

4. Osh

5. Sowah

Rossi was better at LB than all five you list. 

Got to laugh at this place , the same clowns  saying he was decent and a good signing for Hibs would be moaning like **** if we had resigned him . 

5 minutes ago, JamTartsFan4 said:

They seem to think he only played left back because Paterson was at right back , he was definitely brought in to play left back for us Strange signing 

Yeah, he is left back despite being right footed.

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Rossi was better at LB than all five you list. 

Wasn’t signed as a LB.  I’m only talking about those we signed or developed in that position.

You’re right though, Rossi was better.

5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

1. Eckersley

2. McHattie

3. Rherras

4. Osh

5. Sowah

If we're talking dedicated LBs, I'd put him 4th. Smith-Brown showed in one game he was a much better player. But he was also behind Rossi, Brandon, Smith and co, mostly defensively speaking. I thought at the time letting him go was weird though but more because he was at best solid and we had other priorities. He's certainly not been missed though. Him instead of Sowah would not have improved us under Cathro.

14 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I know he’s right footed, and I know we signed him as left back. But is that actually his position?

I didn’t see anything that suggested he was decent with his left peg. Maybe at right back he’s a better player. I thought it was a strange signing for us. 

He played left back for his previous club before signing for Hearts

Just now, socrates82 said:

If we're talking dedicated LBs, I'd put him 4th. Smith-Brown showed in one game he was a much better player. But he was also behind Rossi, Brandon, Smith and co, mostly defensively speaking.

Smith-Brown is a myth, I don’t think he ever existed in human form.  In our minds, I think we liked the idea of loaning a Man City LB and just went with it.

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Smith-Brown is a myth, I don’t think he ever existed in human form.  In our minds, I think we liked the idea of loaning a Man City LB and just went with it.

Could have sworn he played a game or two? Looked the business to me compared to Rherras.

put it this way if you were offered both for free who would you take?

Not good enough for Hearts.

The step down may make him. But he's hibs now so

Hopefully not...Twitter blabbing toley.

He was terrible defensively and prone to shocking lapses in concentration and terrible positioning. He wasn't good enough to start for Hearts.

Really strange signing for them. Very dubious player.

Guy was shit. We havent had a decent left back in years. Grainger and Eckersley best in recent times but that says it all as both were still not good enough.

I quite liked Faycal. Never thought he got a decent run but ... he's gone to the dark side so I hope he earns his crust by being totally average 

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not obsessed with us at all, no way...

ye, its getting pathetic. Rherras would have been good, he was getting better every game before Cathro arrived and took a dislike to him, decent signing for Hibs but he started slowly and I hope he's the same there

been here before

Steady but not spectacular although certainly knows how to clear his own line.

I think he could be a good signing for them.

Didn't mind him now I hope he's beyond dreadful for them.

Agent Maybury's replacement perhaps

SpruceBringsteen

Not as good as Kevin McHattie, but better than Juwon Oshaniwa.

Some signing, lads.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

12 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

As neighbours go they’re a bit creepy.

The sort of neighbours who dig through your skip at night after you've had a big clear out.

This signing actually highlights some undercovers on here who are trying their best to say he was a decent player.

Like McHattie the guy couldnt play his position properly and would leave acres for the winger playing that side.

He was pretty shit and thats not a great signing at all.

Brauhauser2012

I really liked Rherras. I think he had a good attitude and work ethic at a time when it was lacking in the team. Can't blame the guy for trying to get paid employment but it does sicken me a bit when I think of some of the dross we signed and how this guy got treated.

F*****g Cathro. I really hate that guy for what he did to my club and the time its going to take to unwind all the damage.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1359470/hearts-fans-split-ian-cathro-sacking-faycal-rherras-twitter/

The #JamboForever bit that Rherras tweeted seems very hollow now.

Thought Police
9 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Just to clarify he’s not Eligable tomorrow is he?

Wish he was

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

This signing actually highlights some undercovers on here who are trying their best to say he was a decent player.

Like McHattie the guy couldnt play his position properly and would leave acres for the winger playing that side.

He was pretty shit and thats not a great signing at all.

Spot on , there isn't one single Hearts supporter I know that would have been happy if we had resigned him 

I know you filth read this. 

Serious question.....

Do you want to be a club in your own right or a Celtic tribute act that adopts their derby rivals signing policy? 

No animosity  to the guy at all, obviously not cutting it where he is at moment. I don’t remember being overly wowed by him in a Hearts shirt tbh and I don’t care he’s signed for them - I only care who we sign.

Where we are now compared to a year ago, let's be honest, he'd be lucky to even get on our bench.

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Where we are now compared to a year ago, let's be honest, he'd be lucky to even get on our bench.

Correct 

who would you rather have on loan right now?

Mitchell or Rherras

26 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He's absolutely honking. 

Still the wee team supporters seem pleased. 

Which kinda sums that lot up perfectly. 

What a week.

south morocco

You have to remember Cathro didn't rate him and brought in Sowah , says it all ! Joking apart I think he was one of Neilsons signings who was average at best

zoltan socrates

the fact he didn't last long with us, irrespective of the ins and outs, says to me that he is nothing other than a sister molesting jakey puddle drinking hobbit ****

fth

Archived