Rherras signs for Hibs

Sooperstar

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't great, wasn't terrible, probably remember him more fondly than he was because Sowah replaced him and he was absolutely pony. 

Nowhere near the level that Hibs proclaim themselves to be and hopefully sells the jersey in the next Derby 

Without being great I didn’t think he was as bad as folk on here made out. He certainly wasn’t as bad as the likes of oshiniwa.

a cheeky wee own goal tomorrow would make him a tynie hero. ?

Captain America

He was a steady defender.

Goal line clearance king.

I don't think we should have replaced him with Sowah but wasn't overly gutted he left. 

8 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

He scored away to Inverness.

Aye, but not from cutting inside and shooting. It was a cross that missed everyone.

He was the best left back we've had since Danny Grainger left.

Some people on here were obsessed with him playing right back, despite the fact hes only done so as cover (like Brandon has done at LB). He was immeasurable better than Sowah, so no wonder he left a little bit brassed off. 

This is a reasonable signing for Hibs.

11 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Yeah I agree. Very limited defensively but I don't think he's as bad as some make out. 

Hopefully he is not able to oust the wonderful Effe before tomorrow, we will destroy these feckers tomorrow.

Captain Bubblebeard

Thought he was ok, not great. Put it this way, I’d have been unimpressed if we’d unveiled him as our new LB in this window. That’s about as pragmatically as I can think about assessing this.

21 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I quite liked Rherras. Too many folk were obsessed with him being right footed, but he never really let us down.

For the most part I agree. However, I remember skiving off work to watch Cathro's first game and his attempt to clear at the second goal will live long in the memory. Wife about shat her breeks as I shouted **** OFF, RHERRAS at my laptop!

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ambrose probably won’t play now then?

:( 

Rherras @ RB...excellent... :jj:

Wont be able to play tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I quite liked Rherras. Too many folk were obsessed with him being right footed, but he never really let us down.

But his problem, as with most our recent left backs,  was that his weakest part was defending. 

In general just an ok-ish player but not good enough overall. Imo of course. 

We are trying to head back in the direction where we add players with a bit of everything.

So just like Hearts it's took his new club half a season to realise he is shite and have punted him out on loan.

2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Some people on here were obsessed with him playing right back, despite the fact hes only done so as cover (like Brandon has done at LB). He was immeasurable better than Sowah, so no wonder he left a little bit brassed off. 

He wasn't better than Eckersley.

Coburg Hearts
24 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Agree with this.

“The atmosphere at Easter Road in last year’s derby was something special - it left a big impression on me and hopefully I can experience similar in my time here.

Quote from his evening news article. Pretty sure he was still a hearts player at that Derby and he brings this out. 

:muggy:

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ambrose probably won’t play now then?

:( 

Rherras @ RB...excellent... :jj:

He won't be registered in time for tomorrow. 

He was ok / decent on occasion- good at going forward 

Thought Cathro treated him really poorly and basically hung him out to dry after an error at Ibrox

His management of Kitchen and Johnson was similar 

Anyway , what an odd signing 

Captain Bubblebeard
2 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

When will they sign Oshaniwa? 

Off topic but I googled to see which mugs had signed him and was unsurprised to find that he is still without a club.

29 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Think he’s been pretty bitter since he left, perhaps justified, I don’t really know. He can away and fling shite at himself now though.

I seem to remember him coming out with a swipe at us when he left. He was ok but that was all.

Hibs though :rofl:. Forever in our shadow. Maybe sign Sammon next ?

Haha. What a random and underwhelming signing. Rherras given up on getting that dream move to the EPL he talked about when he arrived at us then! :laugh:

In all honesty, not counting Mitchell, he's been our 9th best left back since admin. So they're getting a better LB than Oshinawa and Sowah, but a worse one than Eckersley, McHattie, Smith-Brown (even with just one game), Rossi, Brandon and Michael Smith and the last few aren't even LBs. Even Jordan McGhee and Liam Smith were better defenders filling in in that position.

Assume they've signed him to cover losing Gray at RB or the possible loss of Barker on the left as they cannot drop the legend that is Lewis Stevenson surely?

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Malaury Martin on loan? 

Thats not a bad shout. Wouldn’t surprise me if popcorn teeth put in a cheeky wee offer . He’d likely knock the junkies back though

Bungalow Bill

I know he’s right footed, and I know we signed him as left back. But is that actually his position?

I didn’t see anything that suggested he was decent with his left peg. Maybe at right back he’s a better player. I thought it was a strange signing for us. 

16 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Nonsense he was reasonable going forward with little end result but dodgy defending. He was considerably worse than Eck and McHattie and most of the cast of thousands who have filled in at LB from other positions.

I can see why people thought he was OK, after him we had Sowah. 

It's like those that have fond memories of Jamie MacDonald when Jack Hamilton was in goal. 

Quite simply, he was meh....not really good enough and not terrible. Though the bitterness he has shown towards Hearts since he has slept means he should fit right in with that lot

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Quite liked him. Better than most of our left backs in recent memory. Was bitter against Cathro rather than Hearts IMO.

He can get ****ed now though.

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

They are an embarrasment :lol: imagine our recruitment policy was just to go for anyone Hibs wanted or punted :lol:

Wonder if they want Jack Hamilton, does Oboua have a club yet? 

22 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

What a lot of utter Shite . He was average at his best and garbage mostly 

They seem to think he only played left back because Paterson was at right back , he was definitely brought in to play left back for us Strange signing 

Archived