Rherras signs for Hibs

Sooperstar

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Signs for Hibs on loan.

Hahahahahahahaha.

My memory is he was solid but not brilliant, especially when played out of position. Think that was the prevailing opinion on here too.

I quite liked Rherras. Too many folk were obsessed with him being right footed, but he never really let us down.

Shooter McGavin

He was okay if I remember correctly, Although he probably looked better than he was considering some of the suspect left backs we had previously.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

I quite liked Rherras. Too many folk were obsessed with him being right footed, but he never really let us down.

I'm here, not bad, but not great.

I quite liked Rherras although he was much better attacking than defending (aside from goal line clearances!) Had an absolute nightmare at Ibrox in Cathro's first match IIRC and was barely seen since.

Think he’s been pretty bitter since he left, perhaps justified, I don’t really know. He can away and fling shite at himself now though.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Just dived o we to party planners on reading this news.....

Apparently he was one of our best players but left on bad terms.....:stupid_post:

Well there is no chance of him replacing the worst LB in footballing history, step forward Lewis Stevenson who must have dodgy evidence of every Hobo manager in blu ray, and by some miracle gets paid as a professional football player. 

Just now, E6 Inc said:

What a bizzare signing. Cover for RB as Gray is going to be out for a while?? Who's their LB??

isn't lewis stevenson their LB?

Replacing him with Sowah last January was one of many examples of unnecessarily ripping the team up and even more frustratingly replacing with inferior players. In the linger term you'd probably want better but adequate left back for Hearts. Doesn't seem that strange a signing to me. The good news is that if he has a bad game early, the Hibs fans are likely to get on his back for being a Hearts reject.

For any Hibs fans looking in, here’s an honest assessment:

He is good at carrying the ball forward and can cut inside and shoot (although I don’t think he ever scored for us when doing that but came close a few times). 

His goal line clearances were a joy to behold.

But defensively he is pretty suspect. He contributed more than Sowah, Oshaniwa and Grzelak but that is not saying much at all. 

He was was very easy to skin and was constantly out of position which often gave tricky wingers a run on him, leaving his side of the pitch badly exposed. 

That’s why we are all laughing at you.

It really is a poor signing. 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What an odd signing.

Maybe he is cover for Gray who is out until the end of the season. He is right footed so could play on the right.

1 minute ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Recall he was very bitter when he left 

Yep, I recall him having a go & laughing when we lost a game.

Will want to beat us which will make it even more sweet when we pap them out tomorrow.

Just now, Paolo said:

I actually thought, although not outstanding, was decent, and was a little disappointed to see him go. 

Yeah I agree. Very limited defensively but I don't think he's as bad as some make out. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

I actually thought, although not outstanding, was decent, and was a little disappointed to see him go. 

I never thought he was given a proper chance and was the best we have had since Eckersley.

3 minutes ago, BigC said:

For any Hibs fans looking in, here’s an honest assessment:

He is good at carrying the ball forward and can cut inside and shoot (although I don’t think he ever scored for us when doing that but came close a few times). 

His goal line clearances were a joy to behold.

But defensively he is pretty suspect. He contributed more than Sowah, Oshaniwa and Grzelak but that is not saying much at all. 

He was was very easy to skin and was constantly out of position which often gave tricky wingers a run on him, leaving his side of the pitch badly exposed. 

That’s why we are all laughing at you.

It really is a poor signing. 

He scored away to Inverness.

4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Just dived o we to party planners on reading this news.....

Apparently he was one of our best players but left on bad terms.....:stupid_post:

I challenge them to find to find one comment on their forum from prior to his release from us saying he was one of our better players.

He's not terrible but a very surprising signing. I suspect as he can play on either side he'll be cover for both positions.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Would imagine international clearance hasn’t come through in time for tomorrow...?

No matter either way, happier with Ambrose @ RB.

the hibs article says signed subject to international clearance 

I thought he was decent and i thought it was strange he disappeared from team like he did. He made a mistake ibrox that cost goal and disappeared off face of planet.

Not sure where he will play as they gave Stevenson but decent signung for their squad.

Dont get why he was such a target fir hearts fans.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I never thought he was given a proper chance and was the best we have had since Eckersley.

He never played close to the level Brandon has at LB this season. Better than Osh or Sowah though.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe he is cover for Gray who is out until the end of the season. He is right footed so could play on the right.

Of course he’s been brought in as cover at fullback....the links state that.

i just think out of all the available fullbacks in the world it’s weird they’ve chosen this one.

...a bit disco

Hearts signing Steven Naismith No.14

Hibs signing Faycal Rherras       No.14.

Compare and contrast.

Archived